Kabul Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Plaza Real 17, Barcelona, Spain

-Don't stay here if you are worried about valuables getting stolen. Very dodgy crowd and hostel staff seem very suss. -They dont have powerpoints in the room so you are forced to charge in the common room (wifi in common room is terrible) -They have very good organised tours and social events. However they dont take you to any bars which Barcelona is famous for. They only take you to the big nightclubs which are extremely overpriced. It had the feel that we were just an atm for them.

Dirty. Rude staff who is unwilling to help, especially with broken lockers. My "clean" sheets and blankets were covered in hair. Great location. The party atmosphere is good if you want to meet people. Don't expect much more.

On my first day they opened the “Safety locker” get all my stuff that was out of my backpack (including my money) and bring it back to the reception and said me that they give me the wrong locker. After that on my last night ALL MY MONEY WAS STOLEN FROM INSIDE MY LOCKER. Only the hostel employees have copy of the key to open.

The only good things are the very great location and the walking tour, with an australian very interesting and nice. The staff in the hostel didn't know Barcelona, they were not able to give us tip to where eating, where going out, etc. The bedroom were very small and hot and the shower were really dirty, with door who doesn't close. Everynight, they bring us to a very fancy club and they don't give options for people who prefer smaller bars or more casual clubs.

This was a very kind of a hostel. Less of a hostel, more of a pub or something. Do not necessarily recommend if travelling on your own. excellent location and good for parties, if you coming with a group and like clubbing this might work well for you. The staff here is more like a hotel staff and not hostel staff, so that does not work for me. But I did meet some interesting people here and did not have a issue with anything, still its less of a hostel.

This is THE party hostel. When I went down stairs I thought I was already out and about to party. This place is party it self before you even go out. You will have a great time here if that what you are looking for. The wifi here was having some problems when I was there but they have computer for you. Staff was ok, some better then other. It's so many people so they stay pretty busy. The location is wonderful also.

A very good hostel.Great atmosphere-i keep coming back!

Stayed 5 days, great location, friendly staff, ask about the tours

Great hostel to stay in...Located in the center, easy access to the metro, famous praza Real, a few minutes walk to the beach and night clubs....

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Belgium

The most fun hostel I have stayed at. It is a venue where you will have a great time and party a lot. The free dinner brings everyone to the bar and everyone mingles, then most go on a small pub crawl which ends back at the hostel bar where from 12-1:30 was more fun than any of the other bars and clubs I went to.

The only bad thing about my stay was that the girl responsible for touristic tips was in a really bad mood and wasn't very helpful, but I have no other complains and I definetely recommend this hostel, specially if you're looking for good party.

A great hostel. First of all, location couldn't be better. Second it has a great buzz, perfect if you're traveling alone and want to meet people. Being in a 22-beds wasn't that challenging at all, was fun actually. I loved the lounge area were everybody gathered for free dinner (yes, dinner too!!), to grab a beer (especially during happy hours!), play pool . Also, hostel organizes a lot of fun activities, such as pub crawls, walking tours, flamenco nights etc. It's pretty safe too. I recommend.

Make sure you know what you're getting into here. If you want a party atmosphere this is it. If that's not what you want you need to look elsewhere. Location is great during day too and the Square is quite fun but at night it can be dangerous and overwhelming.

Fix the lockers.

• 11th Jun 2014

My only complaints were that a few of the front desk attendants, especially the girl, were so rude. They barely looked up from their computers to see who was there and they never smiled or were nice about answering any of your questions. Another thing is that the showers in the whole time I was staying there, were NEVER clean. But they had free lockers big enough for backpacks. It's definitely a party hostel. Had fun, would stay there again.

So much better then the reviews suggest. Great place if you want to party.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Very noisey! A big party hostel. Changed rooms and my locker didn't work, staff couldn't do anything about it. Not happy at all.

• 10th Jun 2014

Party hostel! Location is on the best place on city. Only bad thing was the staff, no very polite people...

Great Location, Great atmoshphere, and good value for money. You are given your own lockers, reception area is a party area, great for meeting new people and pre drinking before heading out. Would definitely stay here again.

I only stayed for one night, but I thought the place was good value for money, great location. A little noisy at night, especially the hand dryers should be disconnected during the night since they are so close from the rooms, that's unnecessary noise throughout the night. Otherwise, people were nice and the atmosphere friendly, including the staff.

• 6th Jun 2014