Kabul Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Plaza Real 17, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel was in a great location, right by the train station & 10 min walk from the beach. I didn't sleep well at all but that's just because it's Barcelona & everyone comes back loud & drunk from 1 am - 5 am. The key card was great - worked for the door & individual lockers. Great place to meet people & there was free dinner at 8:30 which was pretty good. Overall, I wouldn't stay again but that's just because I'm not a huge party-er & I had to get up early every morning.

You wanna party? Come to this hostel! But if wanna sleep in peace and enjoy Barcelona, don't go to this hostel. Just too crowded!

Brilliant. Arrived to a buzzing common room. Left our bags while we waited for reception to open and played pool. Old security man kept coming over ask us to be were aware of them and that he was keeping an eye on them. Guy at reception helped us out few days later when we couldn't find our other hostel (drunk) at 9am. Brilliant location, unbelievable value. Didn't get up in time for breakfast

Ridiculous without outlets in the room.

great party hostel

I knew it was going to be a party hostel, but it was even worse than expected. It was pretty dirty and the rooms smelled awful. Think drunk people sweating out booze all night mixed in with super cheap weed. Wasn't fun. We ended up leaving early.

Can't get a better location in Barcelona for the price: close to the beach, la rambles and many restaurants and cafes. Overall the staff was willing to help with anything when they weren't "on a break". Felt very safe at night as two young females traveling together. Lockers were secure, with outlets inside each locker for charging. It was loud at night but to be expected when staying at a hostel with a party reputation..don't come for beauty rest, do come for the pub crawl!

• 21st May 2015

Excellent stay....check out the rooftop area!

They seemed to do the minimum necessary to keep people from complaining. The wifi almost never worked- which would have been great for us to figure out what to do in the city. The location is very central, but also very loud. This is definitely the party hostel. I don't think I got more than 2 hours of consecutive sleep without someone coming in or out or hearing chanting from the plaça.

This is a party hostel. Very noisy during night, because they close the common area at 1 (why?) so people party in the dorms. The bar and pup crawls are fun. There is no kitchen and the few showers they have are often dirty. Lockers are good. Staff is very lazy and slow. If they are not in the mood to work they close the reception for an hour and people have to wait for checking in or getting some assistance. Also very long lines because they are so slow.

A great place if you really want to sociallize. For me I might have come at a wrong time since I was drained from my body to Dublin the few days and nights before, both financially and energetically. So I didn't really go party with them and go to the clubs, which I'm sure totally would've made my experience there different. Nonetheless the location is perfect, stay is cheap for city location plus free breakfast and dinner if you're there in time. Good hostel, great location

Awesome central location and a great place to meet people who want to have fun

Good place for solo backpackers as it does draw a lot of people to the bar especially around happy hour. There's a pub crawl every night which is also a great place to meet people if you are a solo traveller. Don't expect to sleep much it is quite loud but then again why else come to Barcelona.

It's a party hostel. Upside..it's chill, fun and great for a group of friends for a weekend away. Downside. Slightly messy. Not so friendly staff. And too many people

AMAZING location. Very lively/central Everyone on staff was constantly frowning and rude (exception: one guy who worked at the bar and made the dinner who was so kind it was refreshing...everyone else seemed very mean) NO WIFI. The WORST WIFI. Clean showers and bathrooms.... but not so bright and nice rooms Atmosphere was bar-like constantly. The terrace closes pretty early which was a bummer but it was still pretty cool. Chill deals for clubs but you don't need them if you're a girl

İt is center of barcelona.close everywhere.i liked kabul

• 9th May 2015
  • Turkey

You cannot beat this location. This is a party hostel so it has a young and very energic atmosphere to it. It is acceptable but it is definitely on the grosser end of things.

This is a great place to stay. Loved my stay, would come again.

• 5th May 2015

It's a party hostel. It will be loud on any night. I had the free dinner one night and it was really tasty. And I walked into the dorm room one night and interrupted a naughty activity. Great location. Some of the staff was very friendly, but most seemed to be annoyed if they had to do anything. Showers were really nice besides the dirty floors and lack of place to store towels/clothes.

Love this hostel. I try to stay here every time I am in Barcelona. The location is amazing and the beds are actually amazing. You'll always find friends to hang out with if you are there alone.