Kabul Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Plaza Real 17, Barcelona, Spain

Awesome atmosphere and great staff. Cheap beer and amazing location if you're looking for a party and to meet people

Pro : - super location - very social atmosphere - clean - nice roof terras Con - Not very cheap - No individual electric socket or light bulb in your bed

excellent hotel and value for money!

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

I arrived late, so I had to wait until the change of shift, in the meanwhile I ordered a beer and the had happy hour (2 beers for 2 euros). Bad thing is that the bed was really small (not a big problem since I'm not tall, but for scandinavian people, that is a nightmare).

The location is ideal, everything is close by or easy to reach. It's relatively clean considering the amount of people coming through. I was impressed by the security lockers in the rooms, very safe environment. The staff wasn't the best but this is mainly because they are understaffed. The atmosphere and happy hour were great but the pub crawl wasn't worth it imo.

This is a great hostel to stay at and a great hostel to meet other travelers such as yourself! The hostel has a real laid back atmosphere!

Kabul was a fun party hostel. It has a nice roof terrace and bar with cheap drink prices. It's in a really central location within Barcelona! I had a good stay...

Perfect location and great vibes in this place. Breakfast is a great variety. Close to public transport. Great stay

The staff at the reception is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are cleaned well and are pretty comfortable. Definitely worth staying at Kabul. Extended my stay from one night to four. There's always something fun planned at the hostel every night. Totally loving it! Definitely coming back here!

The place reminded me of a freshmen dorm in college. I stay in the 4 beds mix room. My window was opening to another room. My sheets were dirty when I show up. The place smells like beer pong junk. The bathroom was very dirty. The worst hostel i ever stay in.

The room I stayed in was great with lockable lockers for luggage - charger points inside the lockers aren't as handy as having them right near each bed, but still good. Pub crawl was a lot of fun and the walking tours were very good as well. Happy hours and the free dinners at the hostel are excellent.

this is clearly the best hostel around in Barcelona. Glad I booked this one.

I had a great time! It was my first time and now Iam more than invited to go back again! Those guys cooking for us are amazing I don't remember his name but the guy from argentine serving breakfast was really nice but also the gentlement at the reception and the girls avert body were amazing

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Mexico

An amazing location right on Plaza Real off of La Rambla, this is definitely the place to meet fellow travelers. However, if you are looking for R&R I would advise you to look elsewhere- as sleep is not a priority at this youth hostel.

Was upgraded due to someone already being in my allocated bed, which was good. But the next room smelled like sewage constantly. Beds with curtains were good. Showers were horrible, with layers of dirt and pretty disgusting. I thin they are cleaned everyday but perhaps they need twice per day. No locks on shower doors or hooks inside showers makes it hard to shower too. Morning breakfasts were fine.

We cancelled the last night more then 2 nights before and didn't get the refund because the lady at the reception haven't taken a note. 40€ that We lost.

• 5th Sep 2015

I had the best hook day ever in Kabul! I don't think I'll ever stay anywhere else in barcelona... I was meant to stay for only four nights, having read the reviews I wanted to go to Santa Jordi which had better ratings but I loved it so much I decided to stay for my entire holiday... This was my first time travelling alone and It was so easy to make friends in Kabul, the staff are amazing, especially Tony! And the guys who do the pub crawls... Amazing atmosphere and really good value for money!

This hostel is amazing for a party hostel, especially for security (aside from the fun factor). Plus free breakfasts and dinners, super cheap drinks and a beautiful terrace, I love it here. Was my second time back. Just wish there were a few basic facilities like fridge and microwave just for those nights we don't want the same pasta haha. Amazing time as always though! Thanks!

Don't expect to sleep. Great location, big lockers, and maybe a little pricey for what is offered.

Cool hostel in great location right off the Main Street. Beer pong night was really good, there's a good chance you won't get much sleep as it is a party hostel so be prepared for that. Good fun in the end!