Kabul Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Plaza Real 17, Barcelona, Spain

Awesome party hostel! Everyone staying at the hostel were very friendly and down to have a good time. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone young staying in Barcelona who wants to have a good time!

In evaluating this hostel I think much comes down to what kind of person you are and what time of year you go. I left early because it was full of summer-break douchebag (mostly American) 20-year-olds who just wanted to party and get ripped. Other times of year, I think it would be more fun. Great location (if pretty touristy) in Placa Reial off La Rambla and close to the waterfront. Still, rooms kind of dirty and very few outlets. I moved to Equity Point on Passeig de Garcia for a better vibe.

Party Hostel! Def would recommend if youre looking for a fun partying experience. If you want to sleep and rest and make breakfast and stuff, then not the best place. Free dinner was nice as a snack and cheap tickets to club was helpful!

Great hostel with very good location ! We were a group of 7 and we spent a very good time in Barcelona. Location is the main good point for the hostel. Free meal and Happy hours are good too (2.5€/2 pints). Staff was nice. But : most people are here for parties so it's really hard to sleep well. Facilities could be better : there is no lockets nor tables for showers.

Location-wise Kabul is excellent for whatever you want from Barcelona - shopping, sightseeing, beach, meals and going out etc. Ideal for people travelling alone as there's a bar in the hostel and they arrange tours of the city daily. Don't expect too much from the rooms though - they really are only a place to rest your head. I was surprised that no rooms have plugs, so charging phones is done in reception and hairdrying etc is done in the shared bathroom. Overall what I expected for the price

5 people got robbed during the week i spent there. There were bed bugs in my room, and they dont have plugs inside the rooms, so you need to charge everything in the reception or at the bar.

• 24th May 2014

A good party hostel in Barcelona. Good value and actually had a great night sleep in the large dorm. I wished I could have stayed longer. More chicas would be nice. Good fun

Really great location and fun party atmosphere! Small cramped rooms though

It's a party hostel. I mean there is no much to say after that. I had a great time and horrible hangovers! If you are looking for party and you don't care how your bed will be that's your place. Although if you want to mix comfort with a bit of fun, you kind of have better options.

The hostel itself was fantastic. Great location in an amazing city. Clean beds and good facilities. The desk staff were great, but the guides weren't.

Absolutely fantastic location and value for money. Is exactly as advertised. Party hostel 😄🍻. Stay here for a fantastic time to meet colourful travellers up for a good laugh. We will be returning in the near future, BCN ❤️. If sleep is something you value, look somewhere else. Best hostel! 🇪🇸 x

I had a really bad experience at Kabul Hostel. The staff is good, the location is awesome, but the bedrooms are really not comfortable, it does not have a kitchen or plugs to charge the phones in the bedroom, we had problems with insects in a room and they didn't manage to separate our clothes on the bed when they 'evacuated' everyone and the other guests were smoking on the rooms and doing parties too late. Not a good hostel if you look for a calm trip.

Kabul was my first hostel experience in Europe and I loved it. Clean and comfy, huge lockers, 2 free meals a day, and friendly staff. Cheap drinks at happy hour and an awesome common area. Location is perfect and right off las ramblas. Will be headed back through Barcelona in a month and I am crossing my fingers they'll have space for my girlfriend and I. Thanks Kabul!

The locker was not working, and they couldn't fix it.

Its a party hostel, maybe a bit full on for some people, some nights they have free clubs tickets. Breakfast is very poor compared to other hostels in Barcelona. staff are not great - the guys running the bar are obnoxious

I really enjoyed my stay at Kabul Hostel! Amazing location and atmosphere, definitely a party hostel. Rooms are clean with large personal lockers, and bathrooms are shared, although the showers can be akward (no place to change). You can go out every night with free entrance to the biggest clubs in Barcelona, and pubcrawls/drinking games are organized frequently (the pubcrawl is amazing!!!). Overall a very good experience, if you are looking to party, then you should come to Kabul for sure!!

This place is basically a club, with dorm rooms above it. So if you just want to stay up and party all night, it's great! But, the rooms are tiny, there are no locks on the shower doors, and there are no electrical outlets in the rooms (you have to give your phone or whatever to reception to charge it). I personally hated my stay here, as nothing was going right. You've been warned.

• 30th Apr 2014

Amazing hostel. Great atmosphere and a great way to meet people! The location is prime

There wasn't any electric socket in 4 bed room.

If you came to rest you came to the wrong place, if you came to party you came to the right place.