Kaiteri Lodge Reviews

8 Inlet Road, Kaiteriteri, RD2, Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand

The individual toilets were pretty awful most of the time. I walked to an entirely another floor/section of hostel in search of a clean enough toilet! And horribly the one I found was the handicap which didnt lock properly and I walked in on a man just finishing his shower! I stayed 2 nights and the light flickered/didnt turn on in one on my floor and the other the toilet paper roll was not on wall but where ever people could balance it, both of these things should have been dealt with in 2 days

If you looking for a hostel with not much facilities and a lot of kiwi experience, this is the place to be. The kitchen is far to small for the whole hostel. There are not much pans and the dining area is small and dirty. I think they will force you to go out and eat in the bar next to the hostel. The beds were bad, the showers dirty. The beach is nearby and the staff is friendly. But for us it was a disapointment. And we are used to sleeping in hostels.

• 24th Dec 2013