Kaixo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

San Juan 9, 2�, San Sebastian, Spain

Location is great, but there was mot much interaction between guests. The receptionist was a very nice guy, but I didn't see or speak anyone else from the hostel. Jon isn't there at all.

Good ,for money. Clean, friendly Great Location. I would recommend it to others and would stay again Love San Sebastian. x

• 29th Aug 2015

Fantastic hostel in a perfect location. Staff were friendly, rooms very modern and clean and all round a place I would definitely recommend staying. Only downsides were no physical reception area (they use the cafe downstairs) and no printing facilities (for bus tickets etc). Not great for meeting other people but as a couple we were quite satisfied with this part. These things are minor though, we loved our stay at Kaixo!

Thank you very much for your report! It was a pleasure hosting you. If yoou are coming to Donosti come to visit us and say hello! Nice to meet you. Enjoy your trip! Kaixo staff

This hostel was in a great location and the rooms were clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable too. However, we stayed during the busiest week of the year and our window was broken, meaning we slept terribly as the street party kept us up all night. Besides that, the hostel was quiet and relaxed.

we arrived during San Sebastian's busy week of Semana Grande. We waited in the cafe downstairs. After a slow start to get us checked in, a staff member, Medi, showed us to our room. Our room It had balcony doors so we could hear and see the processions outside. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and secure with individual safes to store away valuables. Location was perfect and easy to find! Medi was very helpful in giving us some information about the city and arranged Pintxos nights!

I was hosted in a room in the apertment of the owner. Great place great location and great stmponspehre. The apartment itself was amazing. I would strongly recommend this. If your re by yourself you are not probably going to meet people p, but u will have a good and relaxing time.

• 10th Aug 2015

Really enjoyed Pintxo Pote

The room was large and clean, kitchen facilities were good, the food in the restaurant was excellent. The only problem we had was the lack of air conditioning which meant that we had to leave the window open at night and as we were above a bar/restaurant it was very noisy.

I stayed in a private room for two nights. No window, but theres a fan. The kitchen is huge and well equipped. Kaixo is close to everything and only a short walt to both beaches. Had a great time, but mostly because of the people and San Seb vibe!

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Norway

This hostel is really nice, and super well located. The only thing I didn't love about it was that there's not a reception desk, but staff is super nice, very helpful, and the facilities are nice. There are only two bathrooms/showers but I never had to wait to use one. Comfortable bed. Nice areas to relax and a kitchen. Right by all the best tapas, and not too far from the beach. Highly recommend.

• 24th Jul 2015

The facilities were modern and clean and there were no windows in my room so I got a great nights sleep. The location was perfect. The hostess were very helpful. However if you are travelling by yourself and want to meet people you will struggle as there is no real common area and it's mainly couples staying there.

I spent two nights here and it was absolutely wonderful. A fantastic location for dining and shopping, as well as walking to the port, La Concha beach and Monte Urgull. A great atmosphere, a nice kitchen for cooking, small common area, laundry if you need it, and a discount at the restaurant where check-in is. The only downside is that it's about a 25 minute walk to the bus station but it's close to bus stops that you can take to the main bust station. I would absolutely recommend staying here!

Such a centrally located hostel. A lot of aussies stay there and people who are thinking of long term stay in San Sebastian. It would have been good to install a lift because there were a few too many stairs but the ladies still offer red to help out.

-nice and helpful staff -sweet discount at the bar next door -hostel runs walking tours etc 👍🏾 -wifi does work in rooms -really clean -showers were usually on the cold side -extremely comfortable beds

Nice hostel, very friendly staff and great people! But it is too busy on the streets outside, it is a very noisy place and you can barely sleep. Also no Air Conditioner.. very hot.

It would be good if the Hostel could provide rooms for Senior Citizens

Great hostel, staff were very helpful, felt more homely than a backpacking hostel. Would highly recommend to stay in this hostel

I can't speak highly enough of this hostel. Great facilities, right in the centre of the action, and the friendliest staff. San Sebastian is a fantastic destination and Kaixo is the perfect place to stay.

Not the hottest water in shower stayed 5 nights and Showers never improved. Always child - hot - cold warm. Other than that, I liked the hostel.

Such a great hostel. Nice rooms, bathroom and great location. Felt safe and very happy there. Not a party hostel as such but the nightlife is good in San Sebastián, so just leave the hostel. Also would like a bigger safe but other than that I would definitely be back. Loved my stay there.

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts