Kaixo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

San Juan 9, 2�, San Sebastian, Spain

Really friendly and helpful staff on arrival, provided great suggestions for activities to do. The room did't have a window but it was cosy and comfy with heater and a fan to cover all eventualities. A Modern and well kept hostel in a great location.

• 28th Nov 2014

Fantastic hostel in an excelent location. All interesting parts of San Sebastian can be reached with an easy walk. Single rooms have no window (something excelent for people suffering from morning light like me). The whole place is modern and spotlessly clean. Doors have a clever mechanism avoiding the door to be slammed (I have to confess I was surprised to find this in a hostel). You can also use the communal kitchen and fridge. All in all very good value for your money!

Location is absolutely perfect - corner of San Juan and Fermin Cableton, less than a minute walk to famed Borda Berri pintxo bar. Stayed in a private single. Normally do larger rooms, but this was all that was available - very affordable at 25 euro. Clean, good Wifi in my room, good atmosphere. Highly recommend.

This hostel is lovely, I appreciated the break from bunk beds and large room numbers, this was a room of 4 with single beds. The little hostel has a homely, intimate and friendly vibe. The location was fantastic, though bring ear plugs if you're facing the front street! My only complaints are that I saw multiple cockroaches in the bathrooms and showers at all times which I personally detest. Also the kitchen closes until 8 and I had to leave early in the morning and therefore lost my lunch.

l booked a single room, basically it sucked, the room was smaller than a cell without a window, just a fan in a room where it receives no breeze from anywhere even with the door open, l think you get the picture, very unpleasant.

There is a rule at this hostel you can't bring 'strangers' to the hostel. There's cameras so what they do is they wait for people to bring people up then charge them 40euros to get your money. I don't bring people back but I find every time this happens we all get woken up from the police/security guy speaks no English so there's lots of screaming. There's too many rules and no hostel vibe at all. Save the extra 10 euro you'd pay and stay somewhere else

Really liked this hostel as it offers private single rooms which is rare. WiFi was a bit hit and miss, and staff only work certain hours, but other than that all good. Great location and the apartment had been really tastefully maintained. Quiet and comfortable, it has a slightly older clientele for a hostel which is great.

Always ask for a room single/double with a window else it will not be so comfortable for you at nighttime.

Good location in the old town close to transport, beaches & a host of restaurant/bars. Nice owners based in downstairs restaurant (a good place to spend time) and the cleaner guy is a gem. Bathrooms small but clean. Good kitchen. But the place is overpriced - my single room was a very compact windowless dog-box at a similar price to a typical package room in a Mallorca resort (pool and awesome buffet breakfast) a few days before. The washing machine cost 5 euro with no hand-washing facilities.

The host was awesome, I love how they have a place to take you every evening. The place itself is like a small apartment, I felt at home rather than feeling like it was a hostel. Location was perfect and within walking distance of anything =)

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts