Kaixo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

San Juan 9, 2�, San Sebastian, Spain

Thank you so much Alba ! Gracias Totales !!!

Great location and value for the money. Very new and safe feels like an apartment home. You can use the laundry for 5E and also use the common kitchen. Showers and bathroom is clean and nice. Very comfortable single beds! The staff is nice. My only complaint is that no group activities are really organized here so you just make friends or are on your own. I would definitely stay here again! They also have a discount from the bar/kitchen next door which is a great deal. Super secured and safe!

Clean, great location and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend!

Eva's hospitality and warm approach to guests is a rare quality that makes my stay in Donostia stand out as a highlight of my trip. Forging genuine personal connections with patrons is the key to sucessful business just as they are crucial to a fulfilled life. Please extend my thanks and admiration to this special person, Eva, my favorite part of Spain and so far of the whole of Europe.

• 26th Apr 2015

Great stay in every way! I met some new friends in my room and we got to hang out for the time I was there. Kitchen is excellently stocked and bathrooms are clean. Internet isn't the fastest but it works and it's in all the rooms. Only small downside was that it was a bit hard to meet people in the other rooms. But whatever - it was an amazing hostel overall! I highly recommend it.

Fantastic place to stay in a fantastic city!

Hostel is pretty, in a great location, and the kitchen is very handy :)

• 15th Apr 2015

I've been given a room without window and ventilation, I didn't complain only because of my short stay. Apart from that the hostel is nice and recently refurbished. The wall don't provide any insulation from noise, but luckily the other guest didn't make much.

• 13th Apr 2015

Had an excellent stay at Kaixo. The owner was a very nice guy, although only around during day. We checked in pretty late, but it worked out since reception is at the bar downstairs. It is in a very central location, internet works good, facilities were spotless clean and the whole place smelled like it was freshly cleaned every few hours. The beds were comfortable and the internet worked great. Only problem was not being able to smoke anywhere since the balcony faces in.

The beds were very comfortable and my shared room was quite big with a balcony towards the street. There isn't much of mingle atmosphere in the hostel but I was lucky to share with some fun people. There are only 2 bathrooms on the floor which is a bit annoying. Being Spain, the walls were quite thin so you could other guests in the corridors and also people climbing up and down the stairs. I

• 31st Mar 2015

The place was nice enough but completely empty. The staff works in the restaurant below and I never saw them. The location is absolutely phenomenal but the hostel itself is pretty dead. They also don't really speak English. If you are looking for a party hostel don't stay here, if you are looking to meet a couple people and have beers in old town than this is a fantastic place!!

in my own personal experience, the staff was not as friendly and helpful as I would have liked. I thought that the location, facilities, and security were wonderful. 3 out of 5 stars

Kaixo is a renovated apartment and you feel at home as if you're living in one. Especially because reception is in the cafe next door, it doesn't feel like a hostel. And its in a prime location in the old town. The kitchen is the only common area but with a small number of guests its perfect sitting around the table socialising. Everything is kept very clean. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds. Good WiFi and hot showers.

Great hostel! Although no staff were within the hostel they were easily contactable in the bar/cafe next door & were more than willing to help with any enquiry. Quiet & clean hostel in the perfect location. Well equipped kitchen, good showers & toilets. Strong wifi. Would definitely recommend.

If you're planning to stay for more than a weekend ask for the room with windows. The hostel and the facilites are very nice. There's not an a actual reception but you can always find them at the bar downstairs. Even if it's closed, they're there to help you all.the time.

Really friendly and helpful staff on arrival, provided great suggestions for activities to do. The room did't have a window but it was cosy and comfy with heater and a fan to cover all eventualities. A Modern and well kept hostel in a great location.

• 28th Nov 2014