Kaixo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

San Juan 9, 2�, San Sebastian, Spain

Really liked this hostel as it offers private single rooms which is rare. WiFi was a bit hit and miss, and staff only work certain hours, but other than that all good. Great location and the apartment had been really tastefully maintained. Quiet and comfortable, it has a slightly older clientele for a hostel which is great.

Always ask for a room single/double with a window else it will not be so comfortable for you at nighttime.

Good location in the old town close to transport, beaches & a host of restaurant/bars. Nice owners based in downstairs restaurant (a good place to spend time) and the cleaner guy is a gem. Bathrooms small but clean. Good kitchen. But the place is overpriced - my single room was a very compact windowless dog-box at a similar price to a typical package room in a Mallorca resort (pool and awesome buffet breakfast) a few days before. The washing machine cost 5 euro with no hand-washing facilities.

The host was awesome, I love how they have a place to take you every evening. The place itself is like a small apartment, I felt at home rather than feeling like it was a hostel. Location was perfect and within walking distance of anything =)

Good location and it was handy having the cafe downstairs. The set up is more like an apartment with no staff or reception (waiting staff help you get in at the below cafe). The place was clean, good kitchen. Just no real common area but I still met a lot of people in my room and in the kitchen.

I stayed in the one private since the price was reasonable in comparison to other cities I've stayed in and it was nice having your own room for a change. Not too far from the train station, probably 10-15 mins walk. The check in is at the restaurant downstairs. Super clean. The 2 staff I encountered were very helpful and nice. Laundry is €5/wash. I planned on doing laundry here but didn't quite work out since only hang drying was available and it rained on the day I planned on. Great location!

Excellent Hostel! A bit expensive, but then its an expensive city. Also, the room I stayed in (4 beds) was extremely spaceous, no bunk beds. Any other hostel would have put 10 sleepers in the same space...Thus totally worth the money. Locations and facilities are also great, they have a cozy, well equipped kitchen. The staff are extremely nice and fun... That the bar below substitutes as reception (and is closed on sundays) is a bit unusual, but for me it worked out fine. I recommend!

A very handy location. It feels like you have your own private apartment if you take the single or double rooms. The rooms with an external window are preferable for natural light and ventilation but my single room was great. Very good showers. Cosy and great value. Highly recommended.

This is a nice and quiet place to stay. Best for those travelling with others. I travel by myself. There was no interaction with others. No real staff presence at the Hostel until you check in. You pay at the end which was annoying if you have an early train/departure. As there is no staff on sight. However, very nice facilities in rooms, kitchen and bathrooms and walking distance to everything in old town and elsewhere.

This is a really good place if you don't want a noisy dorm or need some time to relax. The staff were really nice and the place was easy to find. The rooms were a little hot as the fan they provided you with didn't have enough power and the walls were a bit thin. Comfy bed though.

The individual room didn't have a window, but had heater and fan.

The staff were great, really friendly and make the best breakfast in the cafe below. The room was clean and spacious and the beds so comfy! Great location, in the centre of town and short walking distance to beach. Would recommend this place to anyone and if I'm ever in San Sebastián again I would stay here!

Private rooms don't have windows so feel a bit cell like but they are very nicely decorated and furnished. Location can't be beaten. No lounge area but fully equipped kitchen is good.

The reception is in the bar next door, so we had to wait with our bags there, until the girl had made all coffees for several persons. The room wasn`t ready by the time of check-in. The man who cleans them looks very unfriendly. They don`t have a hairdryer even for rent.

A nice hostel! Very clean and very comfortable! Still you can't really meet new people as the only place to hang out is the kitchen....which is not the best considering that people need space to cook and eat.

The place was really nice and comfortable although i felt a little bit like in jail becaue my room did not have any window. Besides that this place really contains what it offers: free wifi, laundry machine, fully equipped kitchen and good location. I really enjoyed it.

Even if I asked for a receipt and I got told somebody will send it via email I never got some kind of payment proof.

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts