Kaixo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

San Juan 9, 2�, San Sebastian, Spain

Great hostel, staff were very helpful, felt more homely than a backpacking hostel. Would highly recommend to stay in this hostel

Not the hottest water in shower stayed 5 nights and Showers never improved. Always child - hot - cold warm. Other than that, I liked the hostel.

Such a great hostel. Nice rooms, bathroom and great location. Felt safe and very happy there. Not a party hostel as such but the nightlife is good in San Sebastián, so just leave the hostel. Also would like a bigger safe but other than that I would definitely be back. Loved my stay there.

I stayed here with my friend and sister in a 3-bed room. The reception is a bar/cafe downstairs that sells really tasty food and there is a 10% discount for staying at the hostel. The hostel is a converted floor of an apartment block above. The room was clean with a Juliet balcony overlooking the the street below. There is use of a communal kitchen. Overall, a lovely place to stay in San Sebastián.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

I loved the staff at Kaixo, always friendly, helpful & smiling. The room I was in was a bit stuffy, with no window it had no air flow and being so close to kitchen was a bit noisy with other guests. I would also suggest that the bathrooms should provide hand soap at the wash basins. Other than that, no complaints.

• 6th Jun 2015

Stayed two nights and was completely satisfied :) the hostel's well located, and its clean. Kaixo's missing a social vibe though, but i guess its such a tiny hostel one can't blame them. The staff more than make up for it, specially Irati and Caroline! They're super chill and really try and make the guests feel chill and at home. Biggest bonus is the cafe downstairs 'Iratxo Taberna'. The food's great and they have a nice terrazza. Try the txakoli. Definitely would stay here again

• 4th Jun 2015
  • India

Had private room w/ 2 single beds. Small hostel with maybe 6 rooms, looks like house converted into hostel. Reception is in cafe below, really nice cafe and friendly staff. They provide some outings and tours which is nice. It is hard to find the hostel a bigger more obvious sign would help. Overall really liked this place and would recommend. My room was facing the street and was quite loud at night, no fault of the hostel though.

This was a really well run hostel with a very high attention to detail. If I had to be a little pedantic it would be that a room with a window for more than a one stay would be good. A place to wash a small amount of clothes without using the washing machine would help a lot. I enjoyed my stay.

• 30th May 2015
  • South Africa

Thanks for the good service downstairs at Taverna

Thank you so much Alba ! Gracias Totales !!!

Great location and value for the money. Very new and safe feels like an apartment home. You can use the laundry for 5E and also use the common kitchen. Showers and bathroom is clean and nice. Very comfortable single beds! The staff is nice. My only complaint is that no group activities are really organized here so you just make friends or are on your own. I would definitely stay here again! They also have a discount from the bar/kitchen next door which is a great deal. Super secured and safe!

Clean, great location and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend!

Eva's hospitality and warm approach to guests is a rare quality that makes my stay in Donostia stand out as a highlight of my trip. Forging genuine personal connections with patrons is the key to sucessful business just as they are crucial to a fulfilled life. Please extend my thanks and admiration to this special person, Eva, my favorite part of Spain and so far of the whole of Europe.

• 26th Apr 2015

Great stay in every way! I met some new friends in my room and we got to hang out for the time I was there. Kitchen is excellently stocked and bathrooms are clean. Internet isn't the fastest but it works and it's in all the rooms. Only small downside was that it was a bit hard to meet people in the other rooms. But whatever - it was an amazing hostel overall! I highly recommend it.

Fantastic place to stay in a fantastic city!

Hostel is pretty, in a great location, and the kitchen is very handy :)

• 15th Apr 2015

I've been given a room without window and ventilation, I didn't complain only because of my short stay. Apart from that the hostel is nice and recently refurbished. The wall don't provide any insulation from noise, but luckily the other guest didn't make much.

• 13th Apr 2015

Had an excellent stay at Kaixo. The owner was a very nice guy, although only around during day. We checked in pretty late, but it worked out since reception is at the bar downstairs. It is in a very central location, internet works good, facilities were spotless clean and the whole place smelled like it was freshly cleaned every few hours. The beds were comfortable and the internet worked great. Only problem was not being able to smoke anywhere since the balcony faces in.

The beds were very comfortable and my shared room was quite big with a balcony towards the street. There isn't much of mingle atmosphere in the hostel but I was lucky to share with some fun people. There are only 2 bathrooms on the floor which is a bit annoying. Being Spain, the walls were quite thin so you could other guests in the corridors and also people climbing up and down the stairs. I

• 31st Mar 2015

The place was nice enough but completely empty. The staff works in the restaurant below and I never saw them. The location is absolutely phenomenal but the hostel itself is pretty dead. They also don't really speak English. If you are looking for a party hostel don't stay here, if you are looking to meet a couple people and have beers in old town than this is a fantastic place!!

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts