Kaixo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

San Juan 9, 2�, San Sebastian, Spain

in my own personal experience, the staff was not as friendly and helpful as I would have liked. I thought that the location, facilities, and security were wonderful. 3 out of 5 stars

Kaixo is a renovated apartment and you feel at home as if you're living in one. Especially because reception is in the cafe next door, it doesn't feel like a hostel. And its in a prime location in the old town. The kitchen is the only common area but with a small number of guests its perfect sitting around the table socialising. Everything is kept very clean. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds. Good WiFi and hot showers.

Great hostel! Although no staff were within the hostel they were easily contactable in the bar/cafe next door & were more than willing to help with any enquiry. Quiet & clean hostel in the perfect location. Well equipped kitchen, good showers & toilets. Strong wifi. Would definitely recommend.

If you're planning to stay for more than a weekend ask for the room with windows. The hostel and the facilites are very nice. There's not an a actual reception but you can always find them at the bar downstairs. Even if it's closed, they're there to help you all.the time.

Really friendly and helpful staff on arrival, provided great suggestions for activities to do. The room did't have a window but it was cosy and comfy with heater and a fan to cover all eventualities. A Modern and well kept hostel in a great location.

• 28th Nov 2014

Fantastic hostel in an excelent location. All interesting parts of San Sebastian can be reached with an easy walk. Single rooms have no window (something excelent for people suffering from morning light like me). The whole place is modern and spotlessly clean. Doors have a clever mechanism avoiding the door to be slammed (I have to confess I was surprised to find this in a hostel). You can also use the communal kitchen and fridge. All in all very good value for your money!

Location is absolutely perfect - corner of San Juan and Fermin Cableton, less than a minute walk to famed Borda Berri pintxo bar. Stayed in a private single. Normally do larger rooms, but this was all that was available - very affordable at 25 euro. Clean, good Wifi in my room, good atmosphere. Highly recommend.

This hostel is lovely, I appreciated the break from bunk beds and large room numbers, this was a room of 4 with single beds. The little hostel has a homely, intimate and friendly vibe. The location was fantastic, though bring ear plugs if you're facing the front street! My only complaints are that I saw multiple cockroaches in the bathrooms and showers at all times which I personally detest. Also the kitchen closes until 8 and I had to leave early in the morning and therefore lost my lunch.

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts