Kaixo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

San Juan 9, 2�, San Sebastian, Spain

Kaixo Backpackers was right in the thick of it in the old town in San Sebastian/Donostia. From a location point of view that was fanastic to get around town. On weekend and festival nights the nightlife in Donostia continues well into the night and it can be noisy from the street. One night the noise continued to about 4:30am. So just might be worth keeping this in mind if you aren't a late night partier. If you are, then it is perfect location. Two shared bathrooms, only had to wait once.

Great place to stay in San Sebastian :)

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

Amazing place! Modern, new, lovely rooms. The woman at the bar was amazing and super friendly. The housekeeper was such a hard worker! Spotless. Great great place to stay!

Thank you very much Rachel! it was a pleasure meeting and hosting you. good trip!

A room without a window is not really hygienic - there is no air conditioning so it was very hot. But there was a ceiling fan. It is strange for a hostel not to have a common room besides the kitchen. More hanging space in the bedroom would be good, especially for the bath towel. The bed was excellent .

• 5th Nov 2015

Great single room right in the heart of the old town with all the well known pintxos bars. I walked here from the train station with no problem. Loved my stay there. WiFi was fast, the cafe downstairs was great, everything was super clean.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in...

• 13th Oct 2015

THE STAFF WERE FRIENDLY BUT AS MENTIONED BEFORE,YOU HAVE TO GO INTO THE RESTAURANT TO SPEAK AND PAY FOR YOUR STAY.VERY MODERN,CLEAN HOSTEL.SO NICE NOT TO SLEEP IN BUNK BED.BEDS COMFORTABLE AND TOWELS GIVEN.THE HOSTEL IS CENTRAL TO SEE ALL OF SAN SEBASTIAN,A BEAUTIFUL CLEAN CITY.THE SEA FRONT/BEACH,LOVELY.ONLY TIP,WE NEEDED MORE HOOKS AND CUPBOARD SPACE IN THE ROOM.

Top notch hostel in the old town. Staff were fantastic and really helpful. The hostel was spotless until late at night before the maids got there. My only complaint was the shower didn't have a wall hold, but I used it with ease anyway. Oh, and finding it can be a challenge without a exact map location!

I really liked this hostel and i would recomend it to friends and family! It was cosy, clean and had a great atmosphere!

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Sweden

I didn't stay in the hostel as I had a single room which meant I was in a nice apartment. Only drawback was that it was on the 4th floor with no lift. Great for exercise though.

Good hostel in a good location, comfortable beds and good showers. In terms of staff and help for backpackers there was very little. You had to go to the bar next door and most times it was too busy to even hear the other person speaking let alone ask questions yourself. Need to figure out a better way and reception isn't open 24 hours. Which is not good in emergencys

Location is great, but there was mot much interaction between guests. The receptionist was a very nice guy, but I didn't see or speak anyone else from the hostel. Jon isn't there at all.

Great location, only minutes away from the best Tapas Bars.

Good ,for money. Clean, friendly Great Location. I would recommend it to others and would stay again Love San Sebastian. x

• 29th Aug 2015

Fantastic hostel in a perfect location. Staff were friendly, rooms very modern and clean and all round a place I would definitely recommend staying. Only downsides were no physical reception area (they use the cafe downstairs) and no printing facilities (for bus tickets etc). Not great for meeting other people but as a couple we were quite satisfied with this part. These things are minor though, we loved our stay at Kaixo!

Thank you very much for your report! It was a pleasure hosting you. If yoou are coming to Donosti come to visit us and say hello! Nice to meet you. Enjoy your trip! Kaixo staff

This hostel was in a great location and the rooms were clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable too. However, we stayed during the busiest week of the year and our window was broken, meaning we slept terribly as the street party kept us up all night. Besides that, the hostel was quiet and relaxed.

we arrived during San Sebastian's busy week of Semana Grande. We waited in the cafe downstairs. After a slow start to get us checked in, a staff member, Medi, showed us to our room. Our room It had balcony doors so we could hear and see the processions outside. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and secure with individual safes to store away valuables. Location was perfect and easy to find! Medi was very helpful in giving us some information about the city and arranged Pintxos nights!

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts