Kalagen Hostel Reviews

Valparaiso 618, Vina del Mar, Chile

We stayed in a private matrimonial bed ensuite. Having stayed in many similar rooms all over Chile, we found this hostel to be overpriced for its quality. Our private bathroom was the size of a closet and dingy so we ended up using the comunal bathroom. Don't bother paying extra for a private bathroom! There was also a total lack of privacy in the hostel as the walls are too thin and the doors do nothing to isolate noise. You could literally hear EVERYTHING. Our "relaxing" trip was far from that

• 1st May 2015

If you want to party and don't care about cleanness this is your place.

Fantastic place to be and the best hostel I have been to! Helpful staff and the perfect location!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

My stay here was awful.I actually feared for my well being.they played loud music and partied all night long until 6 o'clock the next morning.I was unable to use either the bathroom or the kitchen as they filthy beyond belief.when I complained to the night clerk she laughed and said what do expect this is a party hostel.we had to barricade ourselves in our room to keep from being accosted. it's a great place to stay I suppose if you want to get your throat cut.

• 12th Jan 2015

I arrive at 10am before the checkin and they made me pay 5000 pesos because I fell asleep on a couch! The bathroom are always dirty, the wifi is bad and works only at the reception, there are almost no plugs in the dorms (only two behind the bed of someone else in my 8 bed dorm). The staff is great but the owner is unsympathetic.

The staff didn't speak spanish. A shared room with 4 beds, no window cost usd150 per person. The shared bathroom was absolutely dirty!!! The front door was always open: very unsecure! The hostel smell like alcohol everywhere. They even tried to charge us for keeping our bags 4 extra hours in a room full of bag with no tags at all. It was the only hostel available that is why we booked it but it was the worst experience! Way too expensive for a dirty and smelly place. They basically stole us.

24 hour party people

The hostel was FILTHY! The wifi worked only in the reception. The breakfast was terrible: White toast and coco pops. The security level was bad: Anyone could just walk in. And everyone spoke only spanish so I felt a little bit excluded. Do not stay here. I would not recommend staying here, take a hostel in Valparaiso.

View all Vina del Mar Hostels