Kalulu Backpackers Hostel Reviews

20 Broads Road, Fairview, Lusaka, Zambia

Kalulu is a good, basic backpackers. We stayed in an en-suite double room for three nights. A bit more attention could be given to the cleanliness of the room (wash floor and bathroom properly) but otherwise the room was what was expected.

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Finland

- Arrived in the evening. No information about toilet or shower facilities or where anything was. - Alot of noise and drunk people (witch may be common in a backpacker). - Nice dorm and private room with bathroom. - When checking out the staff did not know how much I should pay so I had to find that out on my own. - Asked for a taxi and the driver seemed little drunk/hangover. Should be some better rutines and more clean around the backpacker. That would make a better atmosphere.

• 28th Aug 2013
  • Norway

OK about roooms Price and location but if you want to organize something from them don't count on that. The people who might know about posible activities and trips are never at reception. Besides they seem to take more care about the people who go for drinks at night than about their own customers since they had a party a night with extremely loud music till late when many people wake up early to travel or do something. Not worth if you can go to Lusaka's or Broads instead which are close to it

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for the review.Having stayed in the hostel for 16 days whilst you awaited for your visa,many times you where asked when you wanted to go on a safari but your response was always you waiting for your visa until then you were not sure of your plans,so i do not see how the hostel failed to help you in your travel plans. Sincere apologies for the birthday party.All guests were invited to take part and seemed cool with noise. My apologies you were affected in a negatively.

We had a very negative experience. They promised hot showers, breakfast, and assistance with taxis to the airport. They did not follow through with these. I spoke to the staff to talk to their manager, however the person on duty called the manager more than 5 times so that I could make my complaints and the manager never answered. The morning we were leaving we had to scramble for a taxi because the hostel which had said we had a taxi, gave it to another person. Just stay at Lusaka backpackers.

Sad to hear that you had a negative experience during your stay and i sincerely apologize for that sad development.However our hostel has both electrical powered showers and solar powered showers,am certainly sure it was just one of those unfortunate mornings when solar showers are not that hot but with the electrical powered showers they always have hot water.One the free breakfast our hostel no longer offers free break fast and even our website does not say we do.Plenty taxis at the hostel

No staff at the reception. No breakfast available to buy. They did not lock my bag in a "security room" as promised but I found it in the reception. I had to pay for 2 nights and 50 % of a dorm room - this they did not tell me beforehand! I do not recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

The lodge is located close to two other similar lodges, and also close to a new shopping center. The central area of the town is also within walking distance. The things we liked the most is the lively bar and chill out area around the pool.

Thanks for nice memories in your hostel! May I propose to get some wall hooks in bath rooms for towel and clothes. It was not so cute to put your things on floor, which was sometimes wet and muddy. I stayed in the room 5. There also could bee some hooks for things, as well as a small table.

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Finland

Good place to stay, near the city centre, easy to reach. The showers were cold though.

I try not to leave negative reviews, but this place was where dreams go to die!

Had some souvenirs stolen but otherwise a good experience.

• 14th May 2013