Kamakura Guesthouse Reviews

273-3,Tokiwa,Kamakura-city, Kamakura, Japan

Beautiful traditional style Japanese building. It was a good authentic Japanese experience with excellent service and helpful, friendly staff!

The staff were incredibly warm and welcoming. They were professional and insured that all guests were treated with respect, not just by the staff but by other guests as well. When I realized there was only one shower to be shared amongst all the guests staying in the hostel I thought, "oh no"! However, everyone staying there was mindful of this and was efficient with their shower time. Had a lovely time. I would definitely stay here again =)

Great atmosphere, very nice staff, beautiful home. Facilities are nice, just a shame there are so few sanitary facilities, making the wait for a shower so long. But the common room, kitchen, etc. all are really beautiful and. The place is not really centrally located, but the cheap bikes greatly make up for that. Great value for money and the most economic, but still atmospheric, way to get a taste of a "traditional" Japanese guest house.

Thank you for your stay at Kamakura Guesthouse! We were happy to stay with you. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are trying to make this place more comfortable. We hope to see you again. Many thanks for your coming despite our guesthouse located in an obscure place. I appreciate your posting.

The location was a little awkward, and the room got a little too hot but honestly the wonderful staff and extremely welcoming atmosphere made up for it! I didn't feel like another guest or customer, but like an old friend. I couldn't recommend this guesthouse more.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Wales

Thank you very much for your stay! We are happy that you are satisfied with your stay.We hope to see you again. Many thanks for your coming despite our guesthouse located in an obscure place. I appreciate your posting.

awesome people that I met there, house was clean, everyone super friendly, would definitely recommend this place.

• 4th Jun 2015

Thank you for your stay with us!We are happy to hear that you said. We hope to see you again!!Thank you very much!!

Our stay at the Kamakura Guesthouse was perfect! The building is beautiful, filled with tatame mats and a beautiful traditional stove for making tea in the wintertime. They had complimentary green tea and a kitchen that many people used at night. The mood of the place was very welcoming - the staff were very open to conversation and made great food! All around a wonderful place that made Kamakura one of our favorite Japanese destinations!

• 31st May 2015

We are so happy to get such a great review. Thank you very much for your stay with us. We would love to see you again!!

Very friendly staff and an all around great atmosphere. The location is about a 40 minute walk from Kamakura Station. It is much more enjoyable to rent a bike there for only 500 Yen. It takes about 10 minutes to bike to the station or to the beach. Highly Recommend.

• 28th May 2015

Thank you very much for your stay with us. And also we are grateful for your high marks. We hope to see you again.

I had a wonderful stay at the Kamakura GH. Lovely staff who were kind and friendly created a lovely atmosphere. The whole place had a lovely feel; calm and peaceful yet sociable. Free tea and lovely bar downstairs (reasonably priced). The hostel is a little way from Kamakura Station, but only around 20 mins from the Great Buddha and close to a Monorail station (easy accessible from Ofuna station- which has direct trains to and from Tokyo and Narita airport).

• 20th May 2015

Thank you so much for your stay with us! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your stay. Hope to see you again. I appreciate your posting.

Guesthouse is about 20min bus ride into Kamakura. Directions provided by the website weren't very good--i.e. take bus to stop from Ofuna Station, but which bus? Was stuck at station with no other info for about an hour trying to figure it out & realized later that Ofuna is considered a "traditional" station, i.e. no English info posted. Eventually figured it out, but it would be nice if the directions were more informative. Staff are excellent, though, and GH atmospheric.

Thank you very much for your stay. Let me apologize for the inconvenience.We work towards improvement for information. We are grateful for coming to our guesthouse. We hope to see you again. Thank you.

Very nice staff!

Thank you for your stay at our guesthouse. We hope to see you again!!

We enjoyed an outstanding visit for a week at this Hostel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating as well as competent! It was an excellent stay and would recommend for any travelers to the area.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thank you very much for your stay. We had really good time with you. Your stay is memorable for us. We hope to see you again. I appreciate your posting.

The manager came to me at 11:30 pm suddenly claiming that one of her colleagues had given me extra 10 yens of change that morning, and she wanted it back! First of all, nothing like that had happened, as I can clearly remember being given one 500 coin only, but the way she tried to do that really left me quite disgusted (suggesting I had robbed them of 0.03 EUR!). Other than this, the place is simple yet fine to stay at for one night.

I am very sorry for the trouble.I do not think you had robbed. I just wanted to make sure there isn't any mistake by us. I regret that it caused you feel unpleasant. I still hope you have a nice trip in Japan. We are trying to make a good place for our guests. Thank you very much for your stay.

The best hostel in which stayed in. Staff very polite and prepared , traditional Japanese house , simply amazing

• 23rd Mar 2015