Kamakura Guesthouse Reviews

273-3,Tokiwa,Kamakura-city, Kamakura, Japan

I had a wonderful stay at the Kamakura GH. Lovely staff who were kind and friendly created a lovely atmosphere. The whole place had a lovely feel; calm and peaceful yet sociable. Free tea and lovely bar downstairs (reasonably priced). The hostel is a little way from Kamakura Station, but only around 20 mins from the Great Buddha and close to a Monorail station (easy accessible from Ofuna station- which has direct trains to and from Tokyo and Narita airport).

• 20th May 2015

Guesthouse is about 20min bus ride into Kamakura. Directions provided by the website weren't very good--i.e. take bus to stop from Ofuna Station, but which bus? Was stuck at station with no other info for about an hour trying to figure it out & realized later that Ofuna is considered a "traditional" station, i.e. no English info posted. Eventually figured it out, but it would be nice if the directions were more informative. Staff are excellent, though, and GH atmospheric.

Very nice staff!

Thank you for your stay at our guesthouse. We hope to see you again!!

We enjoyed an outstanding visit for a week at this Hostel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating as well as competent! It was an excellent stay and would recommend for any travelers to the area.

• 19th Apr 2015

The manager came to me at 11:30 pm suddenly claiming that one of her colleagues had given me extra 10 yens of change that morning, and she wanted it back! First of all, nothing like that had happened, as I can clearly remember being given one 500 coin only, but the way she tried to do that really left me quite disgusted (suggesting I had robbed them of 0.03 EUR!). Other than this, the place is simple yet fine to stay at for one night.

I am very sorry for the trouble.I do not think you had robbed. I just wanted to make sure there isn't any mistake by us. I regret that it caused you feel unpleasant. I still hope you have a nice trip in Japan. We are trying to make a good place for our guests. Thank you very much for your stay.

Lovely, homely and traditional place to stay in beautiful Kamakura. One of my favourite places I stayed in Japan, relaxing and friendly with plenty of socialising and genuine interest from the staff about everyone staying there. Bike hire was extremely useful and a great way to explore the town too. The fact you had to leave between 10-14:00 could be an issue for some travelers, but frankly you should be out exploring the place. The lights out at midnight rule also helped me get much needed rest

Thank you for your stay at Kamakura Guesthouse! We are happy that you are satisfied with your stay.We hope to see you again. I appreciate your posting.

Great place! I'd recommend it to everyone, just remember not to expect long nights in the common room since it closes at 24.00. Be sure to explore the city with one of the guest house's bikes! Would absolutely stay again.

Thank you for your stay at Kamakura Guesthouse! We hope to see you again. You are always welcome! We are looking forward to it. I appreciate your posting.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Kamakura Guesthouse, in particular due to the wonderful staff. Kota and Okiku made us very welcome and cooked us a great evening meal. It was great to be able to leave our luggage before check-in time and after check-out time.

dear Liz & Aaron Thank you for us to write a review. the other day , thank you for coming to KAMAKURA guest house! we really enjoyed to meet you two! If you have a chance to come JAPAN once more , please visit us again ! Thank you so much ! We hope your good journey ! どうもありがとう! KAMAKURA guest house KOTA & OKIKU