Kamar-Kamar for Backpackers Reviews

Jalan RS Fatmawati No 37 K, Jakarta Selatan, Jakarta, Indonesia

Very friendly and hopeful staff and rooms were very clean. Lobby was very comfortable and excellent they even allowed cooking in their very clean kitchen. I particularly enjoyed sitting at the lobby buying my packed indonesian lunch;-) I must say to come to this place and you will never regret. I will come there again if I am in Jakarta ;-)

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Great hostel but kind of empty when we came! It's a good price and taxi To the city is really cheap! Jakarta is a city i wouldnt recomend though but if you have To go there, chose kamarkamar!

The hostel itself was nice. There was a great kitchen, complementary bottled water, air conditioning, and clean, comfortable rooms. The staff were very sweet but spoke little English. The location is the only reason I would not recommend staying here. It was so far south, and the Jakarta traffic was so bad that it took atleast an hour and a half by taxi to get to the city center, a drive that should take 20 minutes.

The staff made the place, thanks so much for being so helpful guys!

• 25th Jun 2014

This place was super clean, comfortable and pleasant. It was a great place to spend my last night before a long place. Wifi was available even in the rooms. Not so sure about the location - no street food nearby.. pretty much everything seems to need a taxi or ojek to get to. Also, when I arrived at Blok M (following the directions supplied on hostelworld), not a single cab driver knew where the hostel was. Frustrating when you're alone at 9pm after sitting on planes for hours.

There was a baby being raised there who screamed sometimes. The place is about an hour or more away from tourist sites, though its close enough to expat and party districts. They took an extra day doing my laundry than they told me.