Kamar-Kamar for Backpackers Reviews

Jalan RS Fatmawati No 37 K, Jakarta Selatan, Jakarta, Indonesia

The hostel itself was nice. There was a great kitchen, complementary bottled water, air conditioning, and clean, comfortable rooms. The staff were very sweet but spoke little English. The location is the only reason I would not recommend staying here. It was so far south, and the Jakarta traffic was so bad that it took atleast an hour and a half by taxi to get to the city center, a drive that should take 20 minutes.

The staff made the place, thanks so much for being so helpful guys!

• 25th Jun 2014

This place was super clean, comfortable and pleasant. It was a great place to spend my last night before a long place. Wifi was available even in the rooms. Not so sure about the location - no street food nearby.. pretty much everything seems to need a taxi or ojek to get to. Also, when I arrived at Blok M (following the directions supplied on hostelworld), not a single cab driver knew where the hostel was. Frustrating when you're alone at 9pm after sitting on planes for hours.

There was a baby being raised there who screamed sometimes. The place is about an hour or more away from tourist sites, though its close enough to expat and party districts. They took an extra day doing my laundry than they told me.

Had such a lovely time here. I did lots of cooking with Erich (the owner) and he also took me on a night out. We went and sung karaoke (I tried to sing) Erich is probably one of the nicest guys I have met and nothing was to much trouble from helping me with booking my flights to Bali and ordering food in Indonesia. :) Thanks for a wonderful time. Joanne!!

One of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff are on point, perfect english, good directions, and have all the information you need to get around the city. South Jakarta being the happening area perfect for the young youth.

Only spent one night at the hostel, but really enjoyed my stay. Erich, the hotel manager, was so helpful and friendly giving me good advice on where to go and booked a bus for me. Loved being able to make my own breakfast, made enough for Erich too and we enjoyed breakfast together. Really made me feel welcome having just arrived in Indonesia, especially in the bustling capital.

• 15th May 2014

This was a nice hostel, not exactly luxury, but a good place to stay if you have a day or two to spend in Jakarta. It's kind of far from downtown, but if you can puzzle out the local bus system it's pretty quick and cheap to get to the downtown area. They have a bunch of lockers outside the rooms that aren't big enough for a whole backpack, but will easily hold your valuables.