Kamin Bird Hostel Reviews

490/4 Nathong 6, Ratchadapisek 7 Dindeang, Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel was not what we expected. On the photos it all looks cleaner and much more like a warm atmosphere. Actually most of the hostel was disorderly and the breakfast was very poor. We felt really not comfortable so we had to leave and find another hostel. Fortunately we could get half of our money back. If you don't have any problems with places like this you can get a cheap stay in Bangkok here. But you can also get a better one for just a few bucks more.

Lovely hostel!!

If you want to avoid the busy atmosphere of khao san road it's perfect. 5mn from the MRT station, and it's easy to get there from the airport (~40mn). Lovely staff and so helpfull, lovely dorm beds with curtains, very clean, light breakfast, computer,... My favorite guesthouse in bkk!

Very nice, clean and good value for money hostel. Also the owners are super nice and friendly. Thankfully not many tourists around but well connected, close to a Big C Supermarket and many options for cheap local thai food. Would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

Very comfy room, one of the best and cleanest rooms I've stayed in at a hostel. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Security is by keypad, so you do not need to carry around a key. Bathroom are average, a little cramped but they get the job done. Located in an area with not a lot of tourists. Lots of roadside food options nearby. 10 minute walk to the nearest MRT station that will take you anywhere you want to go pretty much. Recommended!

Value for money, Clean,quiet, Free Private locker, Digital door lock for entrance , Free towel shampoo soap toothpaste Easy breakfast , Free Wifi, Nice owner and nice people(Not drunk and loud),Walk to MRT10 minute,Near by Big C Supermarket and many cheap local thai food .That all enough for me ,Perfect!

• 6th May 2014

Kamin Bird is a good hostel to stay in Bangkok that provides excellent value for money. It is conveniently located approx 10 minutes walk from a tube station. The rooms are clean and air-conditioned with comfortable beds and free towels changed daily. The owners Ying and herJapanese husband are fantastically helpful. Within a walking distance there are shops and eating places serving affordable and tasty thai meals.

Super clean.Big and good quatity bed. Really great to stay here, Can't find better.Family hostel.The owner alway take care for clean and I never saw trash overflow as same some place I visited. And always care all guest also. she help you plan your trip as advisor.They provide safety box for all bed.You can left your bag when you go to another city for free.Mrt 10minute walk. Convenient to buy anything in big supermarket near by. I can ask for keep some bag when I go north. Thank you so much

• 1st May 2014

I absolutely loved it here. So relaxed and easy going. I felt right at home.

• 29th Apr 2014

It was such a lovely hostel. The dorms were charming and clean (and cool, not too hot!). Ying was constantly around to help us out. The price was good, the breakfast was simple but delicious (toast, jam / marmalade, tea and coffee), and there were plenty of lovely, hot showers (with really nice shower gels and shampoos provided!) There's Wi-Fi in the dorms, and a computer. It was a little far from the central sights. There are buses to the main places though.

very nice and helpful staff, clean and quiet environment, there were also convenient store and big C near by, its easy to get food!

Nice place and a lot local street food near by market. And not far from center of business area in bangkok. Facility is pretty enough. Digital door lock that you don't need to worry about forgot the key(use password) They have 2 Toilet/bath room for Female on 3rd fl & 1st fl. that you can use both and also clean. Easy to take subway No need to take taxi that alway cheating you in backpacker street :( khosarn road. Also easy to go both airport and Bkk airport by airport train.And bus terminal too

• 21st Apr 2014

1.The bed is pretty good, private. 2.The door in bed room can't lock.

Sorry that we cannot lock dorm room. because guest often lost the key and forgot to return that why we give safety locker for every guest for free

The owners in charge are friendly and nice, but the hostel isn't the value of money. I reseved 4 female dor, but it's not acutally 8 female dor and the bathroom is only one for 8 person. and a disgustined thing that I saw a big rat at the kitchen area.

Apologize for accident,we had set up pipe system behide building 3 day,need to make channel on wall.And some cat on roof of building behind hostel always walk hunt rat.and it might be run&hidden to our hostel at night.Now we finished ,clear problem&seal wall.Sorry for that accident.For Bath rm have 2 for female3rd fl&1st fl.Can use both.and Female room have to share step to walk to top bunk no need climb.That why have to make chanel and curtain for top bunk.Sorry and thank you for stay :)

Was a good location for going to the Chinese embassy and was also close to two metro stops. There were also big shopping centres in walking distance. Not close to .kho San road though. I was in a 4 bed female door but because it only had a partitioning door it seemed more like an 8 bed. Could have done with more toilet/shower facilities as there was only one bathroom for all 8 if use to share. The manager here is really lovely and helpful though.

• 10th Apr 2014

Clean hostel. Staff is very friendly and bedrooms are comfortable with a strong A/C. Right next to train station, about 6 stops away from main train station in Bangkok (15min).

Not much action going on around , more of quiet place to stay but really clean hostel, near bus stop and mrt. Staff were great, really nice and helpfull :) I could leave my backpack there for a week, that was really helpfulll. I'm staying there again when I go back to bangkok!

The couple who run the hostel are lovely - I was unwell one day and the girl (I don't know her name :() was very kind. The place is clean and comfortable, the only negative for me was the location - although I didn't want the craziness of khao San road, the area Kamin Bird in is rather quiet (although that may be a positive for some). Its well connected by public transport though so easy enough to get around

The cutest place! Nice design, helpful staff, good location & communication with both airports.

Clean, small and quiet place. Great for those who are looking for a quiet stay. Not for party seekers. Self service toast/butter/jam/coffee/tea for breakfast. Owners are very nice. Plenty of food and 7-eleven within steps. Good Wifi, AC and hot water. Curtains on beds for privacy. 10 min walk to the MRT.

View all Bangkok Bed and Breakfasts