Kandy City Hostel Reviews

76 Ampitiya Road, Kandy, Sri Lanka

Lovely stay . Especially because of the kindness of Helena! Unfortunately my food (pineapple & papaya) disappeared from the communal fridge. Chiara, the dog, was the star!!!

Really enjoyed our stay here. Host was fantastic and met some great people. Very short Tuk Tuk ride to the lake where all the tourist attractions are.

The atmosphere and the stuff are really great! Helena is really helping everybody get to know each other and for teams to explore the island together! Timing of everything is really flexible and you feel like home) I had a perfect time there! The only problem is that water is warming up by sun, so the shower isn't really warm)) besides that - everything is great!))

Kandy City hostel was amazing! We were only going to stay for 1 night but stayed for 3 because we were having such a great time. Recommend it to anyone, great location, great people, great vibes!!

• 30th Nov 2015

Elena who runs the hostel made the stay, she was super helpful with everything. To get into the town or anywhere you do have to take a tuk tuk or bus as it's quite a walk but I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Well, the hostel doesn't live up to its name. It's quite of a trek to town center. There was only 3 peeps there including myself. The rooftop is nice. The rooms are clean, good lockers. Staff, Helena is great. It's low season and it pours cats and dogs when it rains, not the hostels fault, but just saying. I'm sure the hostel would be hopping during high season. I also stayed in their other hostel in Dambulla, same story, brand new hostel, clean... but quite a ways from town center.