Fabulous 169 Total Reviews
Fabulous 169 Total Reviews
Kandy Down Town Hostel Located at No 93, Aniwatta Road, , Kandy.
Sri Lanka
Kandy No 93, Aniwatta Road
86% 169
7.2916175 80.6233406
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 25-30
12th Jul 2016

A comfortable, relaxing hostel with more of a home stay atmosphere. I felt very welcome staying here. A short tuk tuk ride into town. The staff, especially the manager were really friendly and helpful. They helped me arrange transport to and from sightseeing and even brought me a meal when I was feeling too sick to get my own. Highly recommended

22nd Jun 2016

Great place, about 30min by foot from the Kandy Railway station. Only problem is that I arrived (with a booking via Hostelworld) at around 10h15 pm and the gate was closed with no ringbell. Nothing. I tried shouting, shaking the gate, nothing. I stayed there hopelessly for about 30 min, then got tired, stoped a rickshaw and asked the driver to call the place and ask the staff to come open the darn gate. Waited another 5 min be4 I could finally go in. The place is great though. Had a whole floor!

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
14th Apr 2016

Good hostel for Sri Lanka. Provided mosquito nets, universal plugs, hot water and breakfast. Easy enough walk to town or the bus station. It's Sri Lanka so don't expect a party but there is a small kitchen and social area. Stayed here a couple of times, recommend this place for Kandy.

• jesselliott5585
  • USA, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
17th Mar 2016
8.0

Really beautiful setting for the hostel. Right by the main road, easy to get around.

• megakrya8888
  • Russia, Female, 31-40
9th Mar 2016

The staff is very nice and welcoming! Ventilation of rooms is good! And the hostel is clean enough!

• England, Couple, 25-30
2nd Mar 2016
6.9

Long walk to anything so have to get a tuk tuk. Very good wifi but need more bathrooms as there is only 1 shower and toilet to share between 2 dorms. Staff wernt the most welcoming but did answer any questions. Breakfast was basic but overrall its value for money hostel as it is cheap

18th Feb 2016
7.7

If you're going to stay at this hostel, be sure that you're not going to change your mind. I booked the hostel for three nights and decided I only wanted to stay for one. There's a 24 hour cancellation policy. I emailed them five days before. When I got to the hostel, I confirmed my cancellation. They said that it will not be cancelled unless I receive a reply to my email. I never received a reply, so I had to stay there. Otherwise, I would've gotten charged.

• Lithuania, Female, 25-30
7th Feb 2016

Nice hostel in Kandy, a bit far away (20-25min walk or 5-8min by tuk tuk) from Kandy station and town centre, but in my opinion, it's for the best ( kandy is not the nicest city). It is located ina quite and green residential area. The facilities are nice with terraces and balconies facing the hills, spacious rooms. They have hot shower though note that there's 1 bathroom between 10 people.