Kandy Down Town Hostel Reviews

No 93, Aniwatta Road, Kandy, Sri Lanka

Lovely hostel about 5minute tuk tuk to the centre of kandy. Run by a lovely woman who is genuinely happy you are staying there. It is was a good place to meet fellow travellers. You are also allowed to drink your own alcohol which was a nice bonus and they also sell beer cheaply. Hostel was a 5minute walk to a supermarket. Good breakfast included in the price. I would recommend it to other travellers.

The staff where great and helpful. I was given a free glass of juice on arrival cause she thought I looked like I was hot and bothered. Really nice astomphere, great place for solo travellers to make friends. A little bit out off town, but not to far. Good cheap places to eat nearby. ( got hoppers, sambo and dhal for 80 rupees). The rooms where extremely clean, and was great value for money. Breakfast is included. And free wifi ... Would reccomand staying here

• 28th Aug 2014

Very helpful lady manages this establishment who went out of her way to ensure my needs were catered for.

As a solo traveller, it was a great place for meeting other travellers

• 14th Aug 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean facilities. Wifi works. Good breakfast, like being at home so you can help yourself. Good place to meet other travellers.

• 13th Aug 2014

Wonderful manager, She made me feel very at home!!

• 11th Aug 2014

Fine hostel, bit outside the city centre we used a tuk tuk to go from the hostel to the city. Basic, clean and with English breakfast.

• 4th Aug 2014

The hostel is located a little bit far from the city center (15 to 20mn walk) but the woman working there is just so nice, very helpful, doing everything alone, Cooking for you If you need to eat there. I will come back there just for that woman :)

I was scheduled to stay there for only 2 days but I stayed there for 6 days till the end of my trip. Not only because it was a nice hostel to stay chill, but also Kandy was a nice city to stay for a while and get yourself relaxed. The owner was super nice and helped me in many ways. Make sure you sit on the balcony and chill with people at night, listen to those geicos and feel the breeze from nature. Waters and beers were in the fridge which was very convenient.

It is clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helping us to book all the tours and trips. They also prepared us an early breakfast when we had to leave before breakfast time! At the time we were staying here it was not busy at all because of the season so it was not so easy to socialize. Anyway we had a nice stay, it felt more like staying in a local home than an actual hostel!

This hostel is great with a lovely garden. The woman looking after the place, named Kanti, is the most lovely, sweet and kind lady, she helped me with my passport troubles and generally made sure everything went smoothly, like calling me a tuktuk and making sure I was charged the correct price, and letting me know all the other travel options from Kandy, like bus and train info.

Loved this hostel, I was staying during low season and our dorm room was empty it was vey comfortable and homey.

The hostel is about 30 minutes of walk to most shop in downtown its a pretty long walk daily. There is a small store maybe 5 minutes of walk downhill from the hostel that you can find something to drink or eat or walk 5 more minutes to another store after the tunnell. Hostel is clean and comfortable living!

I stayed here for three nights in low season. There were just two people staying in the hostel when I arrived which made a nice close family atmosphere. The staff were wonderful and cooked meals for us. We had tea together and socialised. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Kandy.

I highly recommend Down Town Hostel Kandy for travelers. The rooms are clean and comfortable and a great value. There are very nice common areas for communing with other travelers. The best asset, however, of Kandy Down Town Hostel is its hostess, Kanthi. She is wonderfully hospitable and helpful, and will do everything she can to make sure you are taken care of, that you have everything that you need, and that you are well-fed. Thank you Kanthi for making me feel right at home!

• 16th Apr 2014