7.8
Very Good 181 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 181 Total Reviews
Kandy Down Town Hostel Located at No 93, Aniwatta Road, , Kandy.
Sri Lanka
Kandy No 93, Aniwatta Road
78% 181
7.2916175 80.6233406
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Sep 2016
6.9

The manager was absolutely lovely and helped us out on several occasions, she is very very nice, and because of her we stayed here 3 nights! Rooms were fine, bathrooms were very dirty. The hostel is moving locations next week so maybe that is something they will change. Good value for money. Good breakfast as well.

• China, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2016
5.4

This is the worst hostel i have ever stayed. I booked a 4-female room, they arranged me in a 6-mixed room. I try to ask some tips about travelling in Kandy, the staff isn't helpful at all. She looks very busy with her own business. They don't have locks on the door so everyone can walk into the room.

11th Aug 2016

Very noce place to stay. A bit far from the city centre but not drama! Lovely staff! Nice breakfast!

5th Aug 2016
5.1

There's like nowhere to eat closeby, you'd have to go back into town which wasn't cheap. Staff were very standoffish, I had called and emailed to amend my booking but when I got there they acted like it was new info and weren't very friendly and there wasn't much of an atmosphere. No locks on doors but lockers provided, just bring a padlock!!

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2016
8.0

Easy to get into Kandy town centre, short tuk tuk ride. Staff very helpful and friendly. Hostel basic but had all necessities

• Australia, Male, 25-30
12th Jul 2016

A comfortable, relaxing hostel with more of a home stay atmosphere. I felt very welcome staying here. A short tuk tuk ride into town. The staff, especially the manager were really friendly and helpful. They helped me arrange transport to and from sightseeing and even brought me a meal when I was feeling too sick to get my own. Highly recommended

22nd Jun 2016

Great place, about 30min by foot from the Kandy Railway station. Only problem is that I arrived (with a booking) at around 10h15 pm and the gate was closed with no ringbell. Nothing. I tried shouting, shaking the gate, nothing. I stayed there hopelessly for about 30 min, then got tired, stoped a rickshaw and asked the driver to call the place and ask the staff to come open the darn gate. Waited another 5 min be4 I could finally go in. The place is great though. Had a whole floor!