Kandy Down Town Hostel Reviews

No 93, Aniwatta Road, Kandy, Sri Lanka

Even though we use the mosquito tent, there are still some mosquitos in the tent. I got some bites for the next day. Aunties are really friendly and helpful. Good serving.

My favourite hostel in Sri Lanka. Tirly and the other staff who manage this hotel are so friendly, kind, and full of great information to help plan the rest of your travels in Sri Lanka. Facilities are great, the place is kept very clean, great wi fi, a full kitchen to use and multiple areas to hang out with other travelers. Initially stayed 1 night, but on my return to Kandy for a few nights could imagine going anywhere else.

This is my second time here. Madam Tirly and madam Kanty always make me feel home going out of their way to make me feel comfortable, for example madam Tirly sharing her homecooked meals with me. Its a super clean and cozy place. Everythig we need is here, can't go wrong!

A nice stay. Good value for your money. I found the staff at this hostel and ppl in this part of the country to be a bit pushy when it came to booking tours but generally they were kind and helpful and also offered us free tuk tuk shuttle to the rail and bus stations upon check out. It's a bit of a walk from the town but it's not as bad as some people have posted. There's shops and a few local restaurants near by. The free breakfast and tea was really appreciated! Definitely would recommend.

Came for a night, met great people and stayed for a week. Good times ! Thanks Turly and Candi-love your Cooking!

• 4th Nov 2015

We have no clue how everyone felt so welcome. We had a good time here, but that is because of the nice people we met. The staff though was very, very unfriendly, behaving like you were a burden instead of a paying guest. Reservations don't matter, they will just give the beds to whoever comes first, even though you did a deposit. The second night they charged us more. Also, the bathroom was full of ants. Prepare waking up around 6.30 because of the noise (no doors in the dorms.)

• 22nd Aug 2015

The management of this hostel is a mess. Both nights I was there there were problems with overbooking and people were sleeping on the floor, including myself. The staff was completely lost about everything and for your bed to be given to someone else all it took was for you to be distracted. Besides that the staff spoke poor English and was not helpful at all, the only time they cared about you was when it was for you to pay them. It is a great place to meet people, and the house is nice.

ITS NOT DOWNTOWN ! 2KM AWAY FROM TRAIN ST. - UPHILL THE ORGANIZATION OF THE HOSTEL IS A MESS - OVERBOOKED ! MANY PEOPLE WITH BOOKING SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR The lady is rude, I told her 1 day before I wanted another night and next day she just cancel my booking, she SHOUTED at me saying i did not have a booking, VERY RUDE ! the owner of this place should hire new staff because the place is nice, just TOO FAR from city center....

Really disappointed with this place. booked due to the great reviews it had got! we arrived late by Sri Lankan standards, shortly after 9pm (we had phoned that morning to confirm our booking and inform of our late arrival) on arrival we were told that we didn't have a reservation and that it was our fault!! luckily I had the booking info to hand and luckily there were still free beds (not in the room we'd booked but beds no less!) The lady was very rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. we were told w