Kandy Down Town Hostel Reviews

No 93, Aniwatta Road, Kandy, Sri Lanka

This hostel is great with a lovely garden. The woman looking after the place, named Kanti, is the most lovely, sweet and kind lady, she helped me with my passport troubles and generally made sure everything went smoothly, like calling me a tuktuk and making sure I was charged the correct price, and letting me know all the other travel options from Kandy, like bus and train info.

Loved this hostel, I was staying during low season and our dorm room was empty it was vey comfortable and homey.

The hostel is about 30 minutes of walk to most shop in downtown its a pretty long walk daily. There is a small store maybe 5 minutes of walk downhill from the hostel that you can find something to drink or eat or walk 5 more minutes to another store after the tunnell. Hostel is clean and comfortable living!

I stayed here for three nights in low season. There were just two people staying in the hostel when I arrived which made a nice close family atmosphere. The staff were wonderful and cooked meals for us. We had tea together and socialised. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Kandy.

I highly recommend Down Town Hostel Kandy for travelers. The rooms are clean and comfortable and a great value. There are very nice common areas for communing with other travelers. The best asset, however, of Kandy Down Town Hostel is its hostess, Kanthi. She is wonderfully hospitable and helpful, and will do everything she can to make sure you are taken care of, that you have everything that you need, and that you are well-fed. Thank you Kanthi for making me feel right at home!

• 16th Apr 2014

Too far a location for the money spent and also very poor connectivity of transport ; Does n't look to be a safe place to trek along with poor lighting in the roads near the hostel if you are late in the night .