Fabulous 163 Total Reviews
Fabulous 163 Total Reviews
Kandy Down Town Hostel Located at No 93, Aniwatta Road, , Kandy.
Sri Lanka
Kandy No 93, Aniwatta Road
86% 163
7.2916175 80.6233406
    Rooms available

• megakrya8888
  • Russia, Female, 31-40
9th Mar 2016

The staff is very nice and welcoming! Ventilation of rooms is good! And the hostel is clean enough!

• England, Couple, 25-30
2nd Mar 2016
6.9

Long walk to anything so have to get a tuk tuk. Very good wifi but need more bathrooms as there is only 1 shower and toilet to share between 2 dorms. Staff wernt the most welcoming but did answer any questions. Breakfast was basic but overrall its value for money hostel as it is cheap

18th Feb 2016
7.7

If you're going to stay at this hostel, be sure that you're not going to change your mind. I booked the hostel for three nights and decided I only wanted to stay for one. There's a 24 hour cancellation policy. I emailed them five days before. When I got to the hostel, I confirmed my cancellation. They said that it will not be cancelled unless I receive a reply to my email. I never received a reply, so I had to stay there. Otherwise, I would've gotten charged.

• Lithuania, Female, 25-30
7th Feb 2016

Nice hostel in Kandy, a bit far away (20-25min walk or 5-8min by tuk tuk) from Kandy station and town centre, but in my opinion, it's for the best ( kandy is not the nicest city). It is located ina quite and green residential area. The facilities are nice with terraces and balconies facing the hills, spacious rooms. They have hot shower though note that there's 1 bathroom between 10 people.

• hakunanna8659
  • Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
1st Jan 2016

Even though we use the mosquito tent, there are still some mosquitos in the tent. I got some bites for the next day. Aunties are really friendly and helpful. Good serving.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2015

My favourite hostel in Sri Lanka. Tirly and the other staff who manage this hotel are so friendly, kind, and full of great information to help plan the rest of your travels in Sri Lanka. Facilities are great, the place is kept very clean, great wi fi, a full kitchen to use and multiple areas to hang out with other travelers. Initially stayed 1 night, but on my return to Kandy for a few nights could imagine going anywhere else.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
23rd Nov 2015

This is my second time here. Madam Tirly and madam Kanty always make me feel home going out of their way to make me feel comfortable, for example madam Tirly sharing her homecooked meals with me. Its a super clean and cozy place. Everythig we need is here, can't go wrong!

8th Nov 2015
7.7

A nice stay. Good value for your money. I found the staff at this hostel and ppl in this part of the country to be a bit pushy when it came to booking tours but generally they were kind and helpful and also offered us free tuk tuk shuttle to the rail and bus stations upon check out. It's a bit of a walk from the town but it's not as bad as some people have posted. There's shops and a few local restaurants near by. The free breakfast and tea was really appreciated! Definitely would recommend.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
4th Nov 2015

Came for a night, met great people and stayed for a week. Good times ! Thanks Turly and Candi-love your Cooking!