Kandy Down Town Hostel Reviews

No 93, Aniwatta Road, Kandy, Sri Lanka

The hostel is located a little bit far from the city center (15 to 20mn walk) but the woman working there is just so nice, very helpful, doing everything alone, Cooking for you If you need to eat there. I will come back there just for that woman :)

I was scheduled to stay there for only 2 days but I stayed there for 6 days till the end of my trip. Not only because it was a nice hostel to stay chill, but also Kandy was a nice city to stay for a while and get yourself relaxed. The owner was super nice and helped me in many ways. Make sure you sit on the balcony and chill with people at night, listen to those geicos and feel the breeze from nature. Waters and beers were in the fridge which was very convenient.

It is clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helping us to book all the tours and trips. They also prepared us an early breakfast when we had to leave before breakfast time! At the time we were staying here it was not busy at all because of the season so it was not so easy to socialize. Anyway we had a nice stay, it felt more like staying in a local home than an actual hostel!

This hostel is great with a lovely garden. The woman looking after the place, named Kanti, is the most lovely, sweet and kind lady, she helped me with my passport troubles and generally made sure everything went smoothly, like calling me a tuktuk and making sure I was charged the correct price, and letting me know all the other travel options from Kandy, like bus and train info.

Loved this hostel, I was staying during low season and our dorm room was empty it was vey comfortable and homey.

The hostel is about 30 minutes of walk to most shop in downtown its a pretty long walk daily. There is a small store maybe 5 minutes of walk downhill from the hostel that you can find something to drink or eat or walk 5 more minutes to another store after the tunnell. Hostel is clean and comfortable living!

I stayed here for three nights in low season. There were just two people staying in the hostel when I arrived which made a nice close family atmosphere. The staff were wonderful and cooked meals for us. We had tea together and socialised. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Kandy.

I highly recommend Down Town Hostel Kandy for travelers. The rooms are clean and comfortable and a great value. There are very nice common areas for communing with other travelers. The best asset, however, of Kandy Down Town Hostel is its hostess, Kanthi. She is wonderfully hospitable and helpful, and will do everything she can to make sure you are taken care of, that you have everything that you need, and that you are well-fed. Thank you Kanthi for making me feel right at home!

• 16th Apr 2014

Too far a location for the money spent and also very poor connectivity of transport ; Does n't look to be a safe place to trek along with poor lighting in the roads near the hostel if you are late in the night .