Kang Travellers Lodge Reviews

9 Lorong perdah, Cameron Highlands, Tanah Rata, Malaysia

Had a private room for 50rm a night. Pillows were horrible! Showers and toilets were clean but a bit old. NO PICK UP SERVICE!!!! I sended an email for a pick up at 1pm and they confirmed it but i arrived an hour earlier than expected so i decided to walk to the hostel (not really far). When i arrived at the place i told the guy they didnt have to pick me up anymore. He told me that they don't have pick up service and when i told him that they confirmed my email about pick up he got confused.

Rooms are clean but very small. More like a wardrobe than a room. Location is good, but in Cameron Highlands everything is nearby. There are 2 main problems in this place. 1st: in Cameron Highlands nights are cold. Blankets are very thin and too small to cover all your body, basically you will be freezing if you don't have your own sleeping bag, because you enter your room directly from the backyard, no corridor or hallway. 2nd: toilets and showers are basically outside so you will be freezing.

Quite a nice atmosphere for travellers, especially those looking to meet people. But cleanliness is a real issue. A massive cockroach or some sort of insect latched onto my arm the very first night which freaked me out and there were insects crawling around my floor every now and again. And this was the ensuite private room. Staff aren't as helpful as they could be and shut up reception quite early around 8/9pm and instead redirect you to the bar where I found nobody to help me.

Stayed 2 nights in double room. Room was functional for what we needed i.e. basic but was fine. Had a slightly weird smell. Good outdoor seating for hanging out. Drinks available from the reception. Would recommend (the rest of the budget accommodation in Tanah Rata looked pretty rough and we noted several people changing from others to this hostel).

Great location, close to the main road and lots of yummy restaurants. They have a great outdoor patio to hang out on. The drinks at the bar were a little pricey, and they didn't refill the toilet paper dispenser often enough. Overall, a great place to stay though!

Do not expect too much for the price you pay. If you are willing to spend more money go to another hostel. Get some more blankets when you check in otherwise you might be freezing at night. The showers and toilets need some mainainance and are not very clean. The staff is friendly and the big porch is nice. There is also a bar with a bonfire in the evening. There have been some robberies on the hiking tracks lately!

Hmm okay this is my very first review after 7 months of traveling because for the most of where I stayed it was summed up in reviews by other people. I have been traveling quite a while and by no means am a princess, but there are certain things a girl can't handle, bed bugs... i was not the first person to encounter them even having separate rooms. I have no idea Who wrote that this place was clean cause that is a lie...I hope the place fixes this prob cause the staff were nice and great area

The social area was cool. Sad that there is no breakfast included. We enjoyed our stay here. The town is very small and easy to get around. The hostel sells all the day tours and also buses to other cities which is convenient.

Reasonable accommodation at the heart of Cameron highlands. Nice veranda (though light there will rudely be switched off at 10pm). Rooms w/o daylight, makes them moist and smelly. Staff could be friendlier.

The rooms were slightly cold during night, and very small. The blanket I received to use as duvet felt well-used and didn't look very nice. Wifi only works in the common area, but that was a nice place to sit so it didn't matter o us. Also the showers provided both hot and cold water and the bathrooms and common area was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• 16th Mar 2014