Kangaroo Inn Reviews

123 Murray Street, Perth, Australia

The kitchen could be better if breakfast food were provided.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

It was a perfect stay for me in kangaroo inn. I stayed on 6 bed dormitory, at first it became my concerned as i have to share with probably other males, so at first night i stayed alone, then the other two nights stayed with two other males, but the security is very high, so i am not that worry, also the room is so clean, toilet and bathroom also common room as well. the location are supreme! its right in the middle of everything. very convinience. oh wifi is a plus!

• 17th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Hello Thank you for your comments and kind review. Hope you enjoyed your stay with us and please do recommend us to your friends. Cheers Innkeeper

The rooms were spacious and clean, and the bathroom had obviously recently been redone. I also really liked the free wifi access. However, this was an extremely quiet place. I only saw other guests once in the hallway, and I was there for 3 nights. If that's what you're looking for then great, otherwise not a good place to stay to meet people.

• 9th May 2014

Hello Thank you for your review and comments. Winter is usually our quiet season and we also like to space out our guests between floors and rooms for their privacy but I understand your perspective that this also may create a sense of emptiness on the place. Cheers Innkeeper

Very clean, lovely bed, good facilities and great location are the positives about this place. Its how a hostel should look but not be run, the staff were atrocious, they aren't there to help. every request was turned down and on arrival I asked if I could have one of the 2 spare bottom bunk beds and they refused, saying its policy and the receptionists aren't here, yet the next day they were the same staff on reception! There was no atmosphere of any kind, dull and lifeless! Don't stay here.

Need to do background checks on guests. There was a drunken ex con in my room sleeping 24/7....lived there apparently and paid his way but was still scary.

Hello Thank you for your review and your comments on guests. Unfortunately we don't know this history of our guests (just like all hostels and hotels in Perth) but anti-social behaviour would is strictly not tolerated at Kangaroo Inn and we won't hesitate to contact the Police if need be to evict an anti-social guest. Regards Innkeeper

This was one of the best hostels I've ever slept in. This hostel is more hotel than a hostel. Everything was perfect! Just atmosphere could be a little bit better as kitchen and dining room are in basement and very dark and oppressive.

Hello Thank you for your review. On your comments regarding the dark kitchen and common areas. Just for others reading your review: Lights are all switchable and most are on timers for energy savings. But guests are more than welcome to switch the lights on to over-ride the timers. Cheers Innkeeper

IMO terribly overprized hostel. Yes, it's a decent hostel which isn't too easy to come by in Perth but still. The room was on the small side-tripping over luggage everywhere, the beds are average/shaky, the room was 28C when I came in because someone played with the a/c (to be fair not the hostels fault- the a/c was working well- but still not paying $45 to be sweating my butt off) and the blanket on the bed was wet- though immediately got a new one but how does that happen in the first place?