Kangaroo Inn Reviews

123 Murray Street, Perth, Australia

The kitchen could be better if breakfast food were provided.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

It was a perfect stay for me in kangaroo inn. I stayed on 6 bed dormitory, at first it became my concerned as i have to share with probably other males, so at first night i stayed alone, then the other two nights stayed with two other males, but the security is very high, so i am not that worry, also the room is so clean, toilet and bathroom also common room as well. the location are supreme! its right in the middle of everything. very convinience. oh wifi is a plus!

• 17th May 2014
  • Indonesia

The rooms were spacious and clean, and the bathroom had obviously recently been redone. I also really liked the free wifi access. However, this was an extremely quiet place. I only saw other guests once in the hallway, and I was there for 3 nights. If that's what you're looking for then great, otherwise not a good place to stay to meet people.

• 9th May 2014

Very clean, lovely bed, good facilities and great location are the positives about this place. Its how a hostel should look but not be run, the staff were atrocious, they aren't there to help. every request was turned down and on arrival I asked if I could have one of the 2 spare bottom bunk beds and they refused, saying its policy and the receptionists aren't here, yet the next day they were the same staff on reception! There was no atmosphere of any kind, dull and lifeless! Don't stay here.

Need to do background checks on guests. There was a drunken ex con in my room sleeping 24/7....lived there apparently and paid his way but was still scary.

This was one of the best hostels I've ever slept in. This hostel is more hotel than a hostel. Everything was perfect! Just atmosphere could be a little bit better as kitchen and dining room are in basement and very dark and oppressive.

IMO terribly overprized hostel. Yes, it's a decent hostel which isn't too easy to come by in Perth but still. The room was on the small side-tripping over luggage everywhere, the beds are average/shaky, the room was 28C when I came in because someone played with the a/c (to be fair not the hostels fault- the a/c was working well- but still not paying $45 to be sweating my butt off) and the blanket on the bed was wet- though immediately got a new one but how does that happen in the first place?

I don't understand how this hostel is so highly rated. It's $45 for a bunk when others within 2 train stops are $25. Also, they require you to check out at 9:30AM, which is ridiculously early! My room had a moldy wet clothes smell and was freezing at night. On the positive side the bathrooms are clean and it has an industrial kitchen and a lounge, but I saw no one in them while I was there.