Kangaroo Inn Reviews

123 Murray Street, Perth, Australia

Very clean, lovely bed, good facilities and great location are the positives about this place. Its how a hostel should look but not be run, the staff were atrocious, they aren't there to help. every request was turned down and on arrival I asked if I could have one of the 2 spare bottom bunk beds and they refused, saying its policy and the receptionists aren't here, yet the next day they were the same staff on reception! There was no atmosphere of any kind, dull and lifeless! Don't stay here.

Need to do background checks on guests. There was a drunken ex con in my room sleeping 24/7....lived there apparently and paid his way but was still scary.

This was one of the best hostels I've ever slept in. This hostel is more hotel than a hostel. Everything was perfect! Just atmosphere could be a little bit better as kitchen and dining room are in basement and very dark and oppressive.

IMO terribly overprized hostel. Yes, it's a decent hostel which isn't too easy to come by in Perth but still. The room was on the small side-tripping over luggage everywhere, the beds are average/shaky, the room was 28C when I came in because someone played with the a/c (to be fair not the hostels fault- the a/c was working well- but still not paying $45 to be sweating my butt off) and the blanket on the bed was wet- though immediately got a new one but how does that happen in the first place?

I don't understand how this hostel is so highly rated. It's $45 for a bunk when others within 2 train stops are $25. Also, they require you to check out at 9:30AM, which is ridiculously early! My room had a moldy wet clothes smell and was freezing at night. On the positive side the bathrooms are clean and it has an industrial kitchen and a lounge, but I saw no one in them while I was there.

Amazing hostel. Unbelievably clean, excellent service, friendly staff and met some awesome people during my stay. I'd highly recommend this place.

This place is awesome! Location-wise, it is near to a lot of places and since it's in the city, you can take buses out to other suburbs easily. I'm really impressed by how clean the whole place is, especially the toilets. The basement lounge would be a nice place to hang out, unfortunately everytime I go there, I'm the only person so it was hard to meet people, but I enjoyed the quiet alone time.

The bathrooms were excellent and the location can't be faulted being just off the pedestrianised bit of Murray Street. But only a light blanket to sleep under was unexpected especially as some nights were quite nippy and an extra sheet or light duvet would have helped. Also a kettle but no tea or coffee provided!? At $50/night it's the least they can do. It's in a good location in town but quiet. Walkable to all the good spots and overall I quite enjoyed my stay.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Decent enough hostel, free wifi. Good looking receptionist. Clean room

• 28th Dec 2013

Good location, clean hostel and friendly staff.

Waowwwww!!! Thank you soooOOooo much for everything!! It was a wonderful & resful stay.. after a very very long journey to reach Australia..!!

• 25th Nov 2013

Really good hostel best in Perth by far.. Helpful staff very central location just needs a bit more atmosphere but can't really fault it.

I didnt get my discount even tough I used the forwarded discount code. The same applies for my current booking in Broome. Why is this? As regards to the hostel above it was perfect.

This is a great hostel, comfortable and immaculate modern bathrooms

町の中心で立地がよいのが一番のポイントです。地下に共用のキッチンやリビングルームがありくつろげますし近くにスーパーもありますので自炊派には便利この上ないのではないでしょうか。 週末に宿泊しましたが夜まで外の通りで騒いでおりうるさかったですが、この辺りは立地とトレードオフなのだと思います。 総合的に見て良いホステルで、またとまりたいとおもいます。

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Japan

Great place to stay right in the town. New property and well maintained.