Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Literally around the corner from the train station, old town and nightlife district. The hostel looks old but makes up for it with incredibly helpful staff. They walked me up to my room and gave me a map for my ongoing journey to Prague! I met a few lovely german families during my stay which was really lovely. I would recommend this place to everyone!

Although we stayed here for one night only, we really enjoyed this hostel. It's very nice with its australian atmosphere, there are many common areas (living room with many sofas and hammocks!), garden, 2 fully equipped kitchens. We would definitely come back again!

Best hostel yet. Really helpful staff, the location is perfect, and they provide awesome tips for touring the city and how to get around. The rooms are nice and big and there is a separate showering area so you don't have to annoy everyone in your room while getting ready. Highly recommend this place!

We arrived late (10:30pm) but that was no problem. Friendly staff and close to the station.

• 8th Aug 2014

Perfect place... Never felt better in a hostel. Just like home. Chilled, good common spaces, everything to cook. And the crew are really nice (specially the girl of the morning, she's crazy!).

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

The one of most pleasant hostel I ever was

Kitchen had everything you could want in it, and I loved the lounge, full of big comfy chairs and hammocks. Somehow the place facilitates a very friendly and social atmosphere, and the staff are very cool and friendly, always ready with a good recommendation.

Amazing hostel!! Staff were incredibly helpful upon arrival! As a female solo traveller I felt very welcomed and at home here .. awesome atmosphere and met a bunch of amazing people!

Kangaroo-Stop was a great place to stay and had an awesome location a short walk from the Neustadt station! The staff was super friendly and provided a great map of the city. There's also a great hang-out room and well stocked kitchen. Everything was very clean. I would definitely recommend this place!

Great little hostel - perfect location near the new town train station and very easy to find. Staff were excellent as were the common areas. Best bit is that for just 5e you can get a bag of washing laundered and folded for you! (Doing washing I'm hostels is a pet hate of mine).

• 27th Jul 2014

This hostel might have had the most character I've ever seen! Ultra helpful and friendly staff and a really unique set-up in an old manor converted into a hostel. We had several confusing and picky requests (our friends were arriving while we were gone) and they totally mastered everything we asked of them. Loved it and hope to return again some day! :)

I really enjoyed this hostel as it was one of the cleanest I have stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I really liked the garden and lounge. The atmosphere was ok, nights were hit or miss. My only real complaint is that I stayed on the first floor and the showers were on the second, a decent ways away but that wasnt even that bad. When I go back to Dresden I will stay here.

The staff was amazing and very helpful! They gave us a free map right away and highlighted main attractions. There is no elevator, so be prepared to carry your things! The rooms were nice, but had to walk a ways to use the bathrooms which was just inconvenient. Located very close to Dresden Neustdat train station.

Great location, free parking, free WIFI. The nearest supermarket is 3 min walking. They give you a really nice free map to explore Dresden.

Everything was fabulous apart from the intermittent wifi and the fact that there were no lockers in the room. However I was able to leave my valuables at reception.

Very clean place with a great atmosphere and easy walking distance to all major attractions in Dresden. Staff was really helpful and sat down with us with a map outlining everything to do nearby for the time that we were staying...if I ever get back to Dresden, I would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Jul 2014

Nice place. Nothing to complain about.

This hostel was perfect! The location was great, and the people were very nice. The atmosphere was lovely! They had a really wonderful lounge and kitchen, and also the outdoor area was perfect. The yard was covered in lovely flowers, and there is a sweet cat who showed up a couple of times. I would absolutely recommend this hostel.

Really friendly and welcoming staff. You should explain more clearly that breakfast is help your self/buffet as many guests were expecting a basic breakfast to be made for them. Wifi was slightly intermittent in the lounge/kitchen area.

Great place just around the corner from the new station and the lively part of town. Very near by are supermarkets and transport options. Many thanks

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4