Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

2067 Total Reviews

Nice clean rooms. Helpful staff. Not much atmosphere in the common room.

Best staff ever!!! Nice common area and kitchen, well located. I had a very nice stay!

This hostel is the best of both worlds - the coziness of a small hostel with the amenities of a large one. It is surprisingly big! Spotless bathrooms, great kitchen and lounge area with hammocks, book shelf, outdoor picnic tables. Big lockers in the room to store your stuff. Location is good. Close to large grocery store and new town area. Easy walk to old town. My only issue was 2 euro charge for linen + 1 euro tourist tax on arrival. I prefer all costs to be included in the price listed.

Due to a tech error (they weren't sure on which end), when I arrrived there was no bed for me. While normally a stressful situation, the staff went out of the way and found a different hostel with room for the same price I would have paid, refunded my deposit, drove me to the new hostel, AND gave me a box of chocolates for my inconvenience! They went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of and I really appreciated them taking the time and doing all that for me.

Great location, right near the train station, easy walking distance to pubs and funky stores in Neustadt, walking distance to the old town, and right near a new grocery store. Showers were a bit weird. Stalls in an open room with just a curtain to separate them.

The wifi is a bit slow

Shower room's drain pipe stucked a little bit

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Excellent staff. They were very helpful. The location is great. It's very close to Old town and New town.

Its close to the train station and is conveniently located. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and the room was huge. Comfortable beds. However you have to pay for the linen ! Also they need to have more bathrooms. The shower areas (though separate for men & women) also need to have a little more privacy. Wifi was bad. The place was clean and seemed really chilled out though esp with its own garden. Had a bit of a hippie flair.

The room got quite hot, there weren't any fans and we couldn't open the windows as there were a lot of bugs. The female showers were two see-through glass cubicles next to each other. There is no lock on the bathroom door, so if you are having a shower you have to be ok with someone else walking in a using the other one at the same time. The common room is nice and the kitchen is great too. Not much of a vibe or interaction between guests.

• 20th Jul 2015

The staff was fabulous!! It was my first stay in a hostel (and I'm 39) and the woman at the front desk was so chipper and wonderful! She made me feel very comfortable!

The staff is very friendly an the hostel is well located.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Very good hostel in the general view. Internet is charged apart (as I booked on hostelworld I got free internet for 24h. So in the another day past the 24h before leaving the hostel I had to buy 2 more hours to use the wifi to locate my station). The kitchen has been bad used by the guests and nobody cleaned it until I left the hostel (around midday), there was flies everywhere. Very good atmosphere, good rooms. I recommend it.

Very nice and cozy place.

Had a really good time here. Only here for the one night but everything was clean and tidy and all other travellers were very friendly. The staff go out their way to make sure you have a good time, we got there at one in the morning and there were no problems checking in, highly recommend. Maybe could do with a pool table

I thought it was a really great atmosphere and location. Thanks!!

The hostel is close to Neustadt station, has good facilities and is within walking distance to many interesting points. But I did not get a good first impression of the place: after 5 years outside of Germany, I started speaking German to the owner at the counter and she started correcting me although she could totally understand what I was saying. That was really frustrating for me and rude of her. The staff was not nice, they would not even say hello back to you.

This is the BEST hostel I ever stayed at during my trip around the Europe!! Can't be more satisfy about this hostel!! The staff are super friendly and nice, the social lounge is beautiful and nice, everywhere is clean! I really want to stay here! I love this hostel! Thank you!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • China

All fine, nice people, hippie flair

• 8th Jul 2015

It is bit far from the dresden central station but beside that everything is great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5