Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

2060 Total Reviews

Due to a tech error (they weren't sure on which end), when I arrrived there was no bed for me. While normally a stressful situation, the staff went out of the way and found a different hostel with room for the same price I would have paid, refunded my deposit, drove me to the new hostel, AND gave me a box of chocolates for my inconvenience! They went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of and I really appreciated them taking the time and doing all that for me.

Great location, right near the train station, easy walking distance to pubs and funky stores in Neustadt, walking distance to the old town, and right near a new grocery store. Showers were a bit weird. Stalls in an open room with just a curtain to separate them.

The wifi is a bit slow

Shower room's drain pipe stucked a little bit

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Excellent staff. They were very helpful. The location is great. It's very close to Old town and New town.

The room got quite hot, there weren't any fans and we couldn't open the windows as there were a lot of bugs. The female showers were two see-through glass cubicles next to each other. There is no lock on the bathroom door, so if you are having a shower you have to be ok with someone else walking in a using the other one at the same time. The common room is nice and the kitchen is great too. Not much of a vibe or interaction between guests.

• 20th Jul 2015

The staff was fabulous!! It was my first stay in a hostel (and I'm 39) and the woman at the front desk was so chipper and wonderful! She made me feel very comfortable!

• 18th Jul 2015

The staff is very friendly an the hostel is well located.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Very good hostel in the general view. Internet is charged apart (as I booked on hostelworld I got free internet for 24h. So in the another day past the 24h before leaving the hostel I had to buy 2 more hours to use the wifi to locate my station). The kitchen has been bad used by the guests and nobody cleaned it until I left the hostel (around midday), there was flies everywhere. Very good atmosphere, good rooms. I recommend it.

Very nice and cozy place.

Had a really good time here. Only here for the one night but everything was clean and tidy and all other travellers were very friendly. The staff go out their way to make sure you have a good time, we got there at one in the morning and there were no problems checking in, highly recommend. Maybe could do with a pool table

I thought it was a really great atmosphere and location. Thanks!!

The hostel is close to Neustadt station, has good facilities and is within walking distance to many interesting points. But I did not get a good first impression of the place: after 5 years outside of Germany, I started speaking German to the owner at the counter and she started correcting me although she could totally understand what I was saying. That was really frustrating for me and rude of her. The staff was not nice, they would not even say hello back to you.

This is the BEST hostel I ever stayed at during my trip around the Europe!! Can't be more satisfy about this hostel!! The staff are super friendly and nice, the social lounge is beautiful and nice, everywhere is clean! I really want to stay here! I love this hostel! Thank you!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • China

All fine, nice people, hippie flair

• 8th Jul 2015

It is bit far from the dresden central station but beside that everything is great.

The staff was awesome: friendly and helpful. The room, hallway and bathroom was clean. My room had lockers with plenty of space. The wifi was easy to use and fast. I visited Dresden in the summer heatwave, and they do not have air conditioning (but that is normal in Germany). It's worth noting that they only serve breakfast when there are at least 10 people in the hostel, and I visited them in a low season. The location is okay, 15 mins from downtown, and right next to Dresden Neustadt station.

Wow...I was really charmed by this place!!! It's about a block from the train station, a block from the largest and most impressive supermarket I've seen in decades. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfy. The staff are all down to Earth and friendly. The real gem of this place, though, is the commons and kitchen area. I can't emphasize how big and comfortable the lounge is and how well-equipped the kitchen is. I could not have been more comfortable here! Thanks for the awesome stay.

I was just here for one night. I wasn't expecting too much and in that respect it was a decent hostel. The rooms for clean, staff helpful and location central (the town is quite small so everything is close by). The only thing I didn't like (which actually was my fault because I didn't check wether the dorms were ensuite or not) was the common toilets and showers for the entire floor. Everything is alright till you come face to face with a naked old man.

Very homey feeling hostel. Staff is super friendly and always helpful when you ask them something. Recommend this hostel for sure !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5