Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

great hostel great staff, but it needs to be cleaned and maybe open the windows a bit it smells

fantastic staff. clean rooms. excellently positioned from the station and easily within walking distance to the new and old town.

• 24th Aug 2015

Every thing is good,the hostel's is big and full of warm and beautiful design.if the bathroom have some hook inside and hairdryer,it would be perfect!

Kangaroo stop is a spacious hostel at a great location. Next to the train and tram stations! The staff were very friendly n welcoming. Rooms were clean. Has great outdoor space around the hostel. A very relaxed place. Not the typical party youth hostel. There should be more privacy in the toilets. And space to keep stuff inside the shower.

Very nice and clean hostel, close to the station. Staff were super nice and gave me lots of information when I checked in. Only complaint is the showers... There's no hooks or shelves or anywhere to put your stuff or change your clothes, and the shower "stall" is tiny.

This place was great! I didn't stay long (I got in really late and left early). But there were travelers talking in the hostel lounge, it seems like a good place to be able to meet people too. The owner is very nice! It's not a party hostel, so its nice and quiet, but it is an easily walkable distance to all the bars and nightlife. I had a pretty good night's sleep here. It seems like a hostel good for everyone! great!

This hostel was a great place to stay. They have a laundry service for 5 euro, a full kitchen and lounge with a beautiful backyard. The people were social without being to into partying and loud. The showers were very European: 2 were out in the open, 3 were stalls.

A rather rigid and not very atmospheric hostel. I had to share a room with two drug addicts. Staff was not very friendly either and seemed somewhat annoyed that I checked out before reception opened at 8.00 in the morning. A city tourist tax was not included in the prices stated on hostelworld.

Dear Stefan, when you checked out, you said everything was alright!? Too bad, you did not give us a chance to solve the problem... you did not tell us by check-out or used the reception bell during the night, that there was a problem with the room-mates. We can only help, if we know... We are very sorry and wished you would have talked to us. Thank you for your stay and travel safe!

nice staff , big kitchen , good atmosphere ever i stay in 4 bed room , everything good

We arrived late and only really slept here. It was incredibly warm in the room and so all the windows were left open. In the morning my sister and i were covered in mosquito bites which made the rest of the trip very unpleasant.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

very pleasant hostel. Nice rooms,garden and parking place. Very familiy/baby friendly. Staff profesional and pleasant, they really take care about guest. Even about our next destination,so we started our journjey with a free city map.

Nice staff, location was a short walk to the bus/train and about a 20 minute walk to old town (which is very lovely on the way). Clean rooms, showers etc. Full kitchen. Nothing wrong with the place really.

Pretty decent place. about 20 minute walk to the touristy stuff. staff was really great. shower stalls don't offer much privacy though as 3/5 don't even have a curtain and are pretty much just open. not a huge social vibe, however I was still able to meet some great people. overall pretty decent place.

It's really near the new town station, having three big supermarket Lidl, Aldi and Edeka, as well as 2 Rossmann grocery stores nearby. And it is also located between the old town and new town, everything is in walking distance. :)

Great staff - so helpful. Definately will recommend hostel to others

Nice clean rooms. Helpful staff. Not much atmosphere in the common room.

Best staff ever!!! Nice common area and kitchen, well located. I had a very nice stay!

This hostel is the best of both worlds - the coziness of a small hostel with the amenities of a large one. It is surprisingly big! Spotless bathrooms, great kitchen and lounge area with hammocks, book shelf, outdoor picnic tables. Big lockers in the room to store your stuff. Location is good. Close to large grocery store and new town area. Easy walk to old town. My only issue was 2 euro charge for linen + 1 euro tourist tax on arrival. I prefer all costs to be included in the price listed.

Due to a tech error (they weren't sure on which end), when I arrrived there was no bed for me. While normally a stressful situation, the staff went out of the way and found a different hostel with room for the same price I would have paid, refunded my deposit, drove me to the new hostel, AND gave me a box of chocolates for my inconvenience! They went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of and I really appreciated them taking the time and doing all that for me.

Good hostel with a pleasant garden close to Dresden Neustadt station where there is a Lidl supermarket (closes 9pm). Kitchen has two fridges but for a longer stay a freezer would be very helpful. The staff are friendly and helpful. Wifi worked without a problem but the hostel could do with more power sockets. Large comfortable room to relax in. No free coffee however.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6