Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Staff were very welcoming. Room was spacious, bathrooms clean, common room and kitchen generously sized. Very close to Dresden Neustadt for easy link to the central bus and train station. Only criticism would be limited wifi - the six hours ran out overnight even though I turned the wifi off on my tablet after checking my emails.

Great Kitchen and Living Room!

I think, I did the best choice when I booked this hostel! Very nice friendly staff, pretty australian decorations in the hostel, great location! Everything good.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very nice staff, very useful map and comments about the city, always ready to help you with a smile and candys for free all the time :) The living room and the kitchen gave us the possibility to speak with other people from the hostel and cook for yourself, everything really clean there and some books to read. Good location, near all the bars. Just the showers were a kind of messy, all full of water, haha But Definitely, I will stay there again if I go again to Dresden, great atmosphere!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Spain

Staff was great. Very friendly and very helpful! Gave us reccommendations for places to visit around the city.

• 8th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel to if you don't want any luxuries or fancy things. Its very close to the train station, easy to find, staff are very friendly and helpful and overall the facilities are good. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and big. I would recommend it!

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Definitely one of the best Hostels I have ever been to. The Staff was not just helpful and friendly the were just fantastic and totally sweet (thanks again for my Birthday present). Everything else was just perfect such as "location", "atmosphere" and "cleanliness". I would stay here again, that is for sure. Totally worth the money.

We were so so happy with the Kangaroo Stop, the staff were so energetic and helpful. They recommended their favorite bars in Dresden, their favorite eateries, and even recommended a cinema! 5 stars.

• 15th Feb 2014

The location close to Bahnhof Neustadt was ideal for me. The bus from Berlin also had a stop at the Bahnhof. I had a good stay at the hostel and will come again.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Comparing other two hostels during this trip, Kangaroo gave me perfect impression!

the staff are friendly and chatty, and we loved that. the room was even better than what we expected for the price we payed. The toilets and showers are common, but very clean. The kitchen which is also the main room was so home-like that I even stayed to do some delayed work and actually finished it :) one night the room was cold, coz the heating was off at night, but to be honest it wasn't that cold. although we had wireless connection, but the internet was soo slow (at least in our room).

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Syria

The kindest and nicest staff ever! People were just amazing during my stay at Kangoroo.. I love this hostel and I recommend to everyone going to Dresden... I had an amazing time there!

There was nothing I particularly disliked about this place, but I came away from it feeling as though I hadn't received value for money. Everything was quite old and dated, like the ancient (very slow) computer at reception, and the bedrooms and bathrooms. There wasn't much of an atmosphere when we stayed there, and you need to pay to rent linen. However, the kitchen was good and the rooms we had were large, and it's close to the train station and also a nice cafe district.

Great place to stay- so close to the Neustadt station that even with my massive bags it was easy to get to. Everything is in walking distance. Unfortunately the wifi was painfully slow, and the showers were not well set out. Would definitely stay here again.

The staff members were really helpful and friendly, gave good advice about sites to see and things to do. Rooms were well-lit and well-kept, and it's right in the middle of the new part of dresden (neustadt) and a very easy tram ride to the historic part.

• 30th Dec 2013

very friendly and helpfull staff (and a dog) ! THANK YOU G. @ M.

this hostel is really comfortable. i like this hostel's design especially kitchen. i can use wifi in the room. but there are no breakfast. but we can use kitchen. you could walk to old town. it only needs about 15 minutes, which is quite good location.

The location is good - Very close to the train station. The staff was very kind and the atmosphere is good. There is no wi-fi in the rooms.

If you have a car, you can park it for free in their backyard. Staff is very nice and helpful. But guests in hostel weren't very communicative and open for party. Clean place and great location. But don't keep your room key on the table in the room because our key was almost taken by our room mates; fortunately girl on the reception figured out their "mistake". Thank you!

Excellent staff! All of them speak good English and will help you plan your trips around the city and to the nearby Saxony Switzerland. I stayed in the 6-bed and 8-bed dorm. The beds were comfortable. I got free linen since I was staying for more than three days. Nice, big, well-equipped kitchen and a relaxed lounge area. Also located near the nightlife and between two very central tram stops. Atmosphere wasn't GREAT but maybe I was just unlucky.

• 23rd Dec 2013