Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

20 min walk to the Altstadt and is 2 mins from cafes, bars and an Aldi in the Neustadt and Neustadt rail station. Staff very friendly, roomz cleans. You have to make your own beds and there is no breakfast. But a kitchen with utensils, oven, fridge, etc and everything you could need to cook your own food. Perfect for a weekend break. I took a Meinfernbus from Berlin and it dropped me just 3 mins from the hostel!

• 21st Feb 2015

I booked by HostelWord and i had to pay all the price including the part I had payed by internet asreservation The said me thet they didn´t see any part of the reservation tase. I were here because y found it in hostelword app.

Great hostel, great location, and the best staff! So nice and so helpful. I would for sure stay there again :).

The shared bathroom is quite scarynat night and the atmosphere is not the best one

One of the best hostel that I've ever stayed in! Especially the staff there, really nice and gave me plenty of the city's information. They even provide the map of the next city which you are going to visit! Really appreciate it and I will certainly recommend it to others. ;)

So clean, fantastic staff, great facilities, great wifi,good price. Would definitely recommend this one!

Very clean, quite, good location, great kitchen!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Chile

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly, making me feel welcome in the hostel.

The hostel isn't in the prettiest of locations but it is 90 seconds from Neustadt station and a Lidl and 2 minutes from a post office, which was handy for postcard sending shenanigans. The hostel is a 15 minute walk from Aldstadt and all the nice Baroque buildings you come to Dresden to see. The location of the hostel is good for those who want to sample the alternative nightlife of the Neustadt area. Price for the room is reasonable and the place was extremely clean and well kept.

• 8th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. They have a kitchen where you can cook and even eat anything in the fridge that people left! The staff was helpful into telling me where to go as I wanted to head to Bastei, but didn't know how to get there. The rooms were clean and had a nice African Sahara wall design. One thing I have to criticize is the front desk wasn't open 24 hours as I needed to check out early in the morning to catch a train. But, the hostel is enjoyable.

On arrival every guest gets the information that early check out is no problem and additional there are information signs on all reception doors (main entrance) that you just have to ring and can check out at any time day and night ... it works since ten years. We don´t understand where the problem was ... !?

Pretty nice hostel. Just a 15 or 20 minutes walk from the Dresden historical center. The staff were really friendly e helpful. They told me where to go in the day to see the best part of Dresden and than, in the night indicated some good places to go. You cannot forget that there is a kind of "extra fee" if you stay less than 3 nights, because you have to pay 2 euros for the linen. Since I knew that, it wasn't a big deal. It is very close to the Neustadt station and to this area with many bars.

I stayed here one night but I get nice feeling about this hostel. Great place and location unfortunately I haven´t enough time to explore it. Staff was nice and helpful.

Family friendly. Not a hostel feel. It was quiet with comfortable beds, which is what I wanted for a quick stopover night. Showers were glass, and this bothers me personally, but others may not have a problem with no privacy in the shower. 20 min walk to the main sights across the river.

Great hostel! The staff was excellent and very accommodating. The shower room wasn't the best I've head but it was truly nothing to complain about. Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Dresden.

you need to bring your own bed sheet or else you need to rent their bed sheet for 2 euros per stay. the room that we had was spacey, but the curtain was too short to cover the whole window. if you are sensitive to sunlight, it would be a problem.. otherwise the reception staffs are nice, they offer you city map and upon your check-out, they will offer you the city map of your next destination

Not much of a hostel atmosphere, but the rooms, bathrooms and kitchen are all quite good.

The powerpoints are located all on one wall, so you can't charge things safely during the night. The worst thing was the showers though. There are 5 showers in the one room. One has a stall, 2 have curtains, but the other 2 have literally nothing. There are no locks to the shower room so anyone can walk in. There was nowhere to put your clothes so you had to leave them out of the curtain and try to change in the small wet shower, and you need to hold down a button to keep the water going.

I travveled over the xmas period so was a little quiet here but was still fun here and enjoyed my stay

Nice and clean hostel, but common area was a bit quite. Not many people at the hostel, but maybe because it was just after Christmas.

Nice location and staff There are big kitchen and common room everything is good

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4