Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Nice, friendly and very clean place. Wi-Fi is very slowly and it's dificult to use it. I'd recommend it for my friends.

Convenient hostel, very near the train station. Love especially the common area of the hostel. Although it is a common area but it is a nice, quite and cosy "living room" with comfortable sofas, and a good kitchen. Highly recommended hostel and would definitely come back to this one.

Great place! So easy if you need arrive/depart from Neustadt station, you can walk anywhere and it has a nice funny jungle theme, and hammocks ! XD overall had a great time, met great people, and has a good kitchen.

Very nice!

Everything was perfect!I loved the big kitchen with everything I needed to cook some decent food after eating bread and salami for a month.the staff is also very nice and knowledgeable!

I had a very great time here and the staff are very friendly and kind to give lots of advices. The position is also good for me , just 5mins away from the Newstatt Station. It is walking distance to go the old town. It is a quite and safe place and the price is quite nice also. :)

• 20th Nov 2014
  • China

The staff were absolutely fantastic! Very useful with all my enquiries and when I extended my stay a night in a different room they allowed me to change rooms as soon as it was clean (at a bright and early 11am!) meaning I could just move straight from my old room to the new one!

Apparently, free internet means only free web. Any other service - like skype, jabber chat, remote shell (ssh, telnet), google play and such no not work here. Connection is limitted to single device, even sharing your phone connection via USB tethering and similar does not work. If you need theese, your first connected device has to have VPN capability and you need VPN server running on https port. Long running TCP connections are cut after couple of minutes, including VPN.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Just a good hostel. If you find yourself in Dresden, it's a good place to be. Was there at a quiet time, so wasn't very lively. But, it was nice. Really great kitchen and the hammocks are fun. Atmosphere is really well done.

The staff was always really friendly and enthusiastic, despite being low season (Early November). They gave me good recommendations on what to do. Bed was comfortable and no noise was coming from the street at night. The common room is quite cool and welcoming for meeting new people. Reaching the hostel from Dresden-Neustadt station is pretty easy and it takes around 5 minutes. Even though it's not close to the Old Town (20 min. walk), it has a convenient location for the bar and club area.

Wifi was not working very well even though I was at the lounge, supposedly the location with strongest signal. Location was not bad, walking distance to the area with tonnes of bars and clubs. A little far to walk to the old town.

I stayed there during November so it was a little quiet, but still a nice place with friendly staff. The carpets in the bedrooms are kinda gross!

Kangaroo have one of the best common area I have seen at a hostel. Great lockers as well. Would definetely recommend.

Very nice hostel, we really enjoyed the stay! The stuff was very friendly! Check the pictures, it looks even better :)

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Belarus

Great value! The kitchen/living room area had a good vibe, very inviting. Met a bunch of cool people there, even though I only stayed for one night.

A great hostel with a fun atmosphere, great staff and a good location. Definitely would recommend this hostel to anyone.

The rooms, kitchen and common room was great. What needs improving is the showers. They are really bad, shared communal showers with lack of privacy and hooks to hang your clothes. Plus be aware they charge 2 euros for linen. The wifi is kinda weird. They provide unique passwords which always seem to log me out every hour or so.

Excellent location in Neustadt, with helpful staff showing us where to go out on the first night. Great common room/ kitchen to relax and socialise. WiFi works everywhere, but has a strange system of limited hours.

I thought the hostel was nice, a friend and I needed a place to stay for two nights and it was in a great location, very clean and had everything we would need. The best part was the staff were very lovely and very helpful. I would recommend giving directions from the main Hbh station as this is where we got a bit lost though.

Overpriced for what you get, even have to pay 2 euros for the linnen. The hostels seems like a company controlling everything, the shower was the worst part, turning off every 20 seconds.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5