Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Such good value for money and the staff were extremely helpful and nice. Apart from the wifi not always being so great in the rooms and the lack of hanging space in the shower this place was amazing.

• 13th Jul 2014

Everything is fine. But the wi-fi got limited time, it's not convenience.

no complaints, helpful staff & good location

Spent only one night but it was very enjoyable. Rooms were clean and easy to meet other travellers in lounge room. Atmosphere is excellent. Location is outside main city centre but easy to get to by tram or 15 minute walk. However great assortment of restaurants and bars in neighbourhood next to hostel. Staff is down-to-earth and very helpful.

very good hostel, good location, nice big beds for a goodnight sleep, just needs a wide TV screen

Excellent hostel- great staff. Definitely recommend.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in Germany, don't doubt for a second booking here!

It is better to add the direction of the location of the hostel from Dresden Hbf at the website. Some travellers may come from there. The receptionists are nice and helpful.

Very comfortable accommodations and great location. Clean and friendly atmosphere. My only complaints would be that there were some extra charges I didn't expect when I arrived, but other than that, great hostel.

Beautiful kitchen and common area make it easy to meet people. Room was alright, pretty basic and a little bit far from the showers, but alright. Staff were friendly when asked for advice and while checking in. Gnfortunately only one computer available for use and wifi is oddly limited to 6 hours per day (you need to pay for more than that). Breakfast was a bit of a rip-off I felt. Overall decent value, I guess. (Great location though!)

Great hostel. Value, location and staff were outstanding

• 25th Jun 2014

Really great hostel, the best I stayed in while in Dresden a couple of times. Really well equipped kitchen and while six hour wifi might seem like an inconvenience it might force you to interact with some of the fun people hanging out in the common room. Highly recommended and very close to the cool areas in the Neustadt.

Good place to stay, clean and comfortable. 4 person dorm was great, reading lights on all beds etc. Big common room and space outside. Wifi a bit sketchy especially in rooms. Bathrooms are a bit weird- there is no privacy it's a communal bathroom (different guys and girls ones) with just semi-frosted glass shower doors. Very helpful staff who recommended places. Easy walk to both old and new town.

One of the best hostels we stayed in.

The location was perfect for me and the hostel is good. But the wifi was really bad and for me that's a super low since I am not traveling with everything planned and need to do research and buy tickets while I traveling.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Just another hostel I won't remember in a month. + conveniently located near the Neustadt train station with service to the airport (15 min) & an Aldi supermarket (8-22) - strange free WiFi policy: you get 6 hrs of it daily (counted from the first use on the given day); - in the daytime everyone can get in & out of the hostel through the back door; - the guest kitchen is well-equipped, though cleaning is seemingly left entirely to guests: habits differ, so the place is, well, not too clean;

Dear Aivars, thank you for your stay and your review. Too bad you found our kitchen - not clean. We clean everyday, but sometimes once just does not seem enough and many guest just do not care. Travel safe!

The additional cost really disappoints me as i thought lockers are always provided for free. However i had to buy a lock to prevent my stuff being stolen. This is one of the drawbacks. Otherwise, it is a pleasant experience

The staff were really friendly and helpful! I had a night train on the day I checked out and I was told I was welcomed to not only leave my bags with them until I had to leave, but I could also continue using the facilities (lounge, kitchen, bathroom) until I had to catch my train. A short walk to the neustadt area with lots of shops and food places, but a longer 20+min walk to the old town. Slightly restrictive wifi access as you have to request a new login each day.

Kind staffs (with piercing woman), wonderful concept of hostel feeling wonderful. It was very nice.

Great Hostel, in particular the staff were extremely helpful. They also have free lollies at the reception which went down a treat. Would definitely stay again.