Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

2071 Total Reviews

It is bit far from the dresden central station but beside that everything is great.

The staff was awesome: friendly and helpful. The room, hallway and bathroom was clean. My room had lockers with plenty of space. The wifi was easy to use and fast. I visited Dresden in the summer heatwave, and they do not have air conditioning (but that is normal in Germany). It's worth noting that they only serve breakfast when there are at least 10 people in the hostel, and I visited them in a low season. The location is okay, 15 mins from downtown, and right next to Dresden Neustadt station.

Wow...I was really charmed by this place!!! It's about a block from the train station, a block from the largest and most impressive supermarket I've seen in decades. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfy. The staff are all down to Earth and friendly. The real gem of this place, though, is the commons and kitchen area. I can't emphasize how big and comfortable the lounge is and how well-equipped the kitchen is. I could not have been more comfortable here! Thanks for the awesome stay.

I was just here for one night. I wasn't expecting too much and in that respect it was a decent hostel. The rooms for clean, staff helpful and location central (the town is quite small so everything is close by). The only thing I didn't like (which actually was my fault because I didn't check wether the dorms were ensuite or not) was the common toilets and showers for the entire floor. Everything is alright till you come face to face with a naked old man.

Very homey feeling hostel. Staff is super friendly and always helpful when you ask them something. Recommend this hostel for sure !

Great hostel with friendly staff, rooms could use some better curtains although

Great facilities, comfortable beds, we booked a 10 bed dorm and they upgraded us to a 4 bed which was great

I was very happy with my stay at Kangaroo stop. The owner is really lovely lady, and the staff in general is great!

Nice clean hostel in dresden.

Wish they had more hooks in the bathroom. Beds are really comfortable and rooms are very large. Atmosphere was quite lacking, people were quiet but it is great to relax and have some chill down time.

Excellent place to discover dresden. It's well kept and most importantly clean! It's also very convenient to cook in the kitchen.

My stay was fab! A great guest kitchen to cook a yummy meal, wifi worked well and the lounge area was fab!

staff was wonderful and informative. very wellcoming.

The hostel was super-clean, and atmosphere was very friendly and calm. Also the location was great for walk not only to Neustadt streets which are around the corner but the Altstadt was comfortably reachable by walk as well. Me and my girlfriend really liked it!

Smelly men's bathrooms, good atmosphere on most nights. Fantastic kitchen to cook, and secure lockers. Solid stay, would return

Lovely hostel that is close to the New Town and a nice walk into Old Town. Large kitchen and social area with good wifi. Bedrooms are spacious with extra large lockers and staff are super helpful. Would recommend :)

Loved the living room

It was great, even though we stayed just 1 night, good staff, nice clean room. If I come in Dresden next time I will stay there again :)

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Georgia

A nice low key place with a good vibe. While it's a bit of a walk to the city center it is very close to the train station. The minor things keeping it from a perfect score are that the bunk beds could be more solid, the drapes need to be replaced, the locks that force you to use the key to lock the door once need to be replaced as nobody ends up locking the door, and the shower area needs more shelves and hooks to put your clothes on.

Awesome hostel. Very comfortable for the price. Huge common area with large kitchen with tons of cooking supplies. This is the perfect hostel, especially for an extended stay. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean and spacious. Oh yeah, the staff is awesome, friendly and very helpful.