Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Excellent location in Neustadt, with helpful staff showing us where to go out on the first night. Great common room/ kitchen to relax and socialise. WiFi works everywhere, but has a strange system of limited hours.

I thought the hostel was nice, a friend and I needed a place to stay for two nights and it was in a great location, very clean and had everything we would need. The best part was the staff were very lovely and very helpful. I would recommend giving directions from the main Hbh station as this is where we got a bit lost though.

Overpriced for what you get, even have to pay 2 euros for the linnen. The hostels seems like a company controlling everything, the shower was the worst part, turning off every 20 seconds.

Great place about 2 minutes away from neustadt station. Very welcoming and helpful staff. Rooms were basic and getting ready maybe for a touch up but comfortable with good amount of room and also had decent sized lockers (could fit big backpack in). Showers and toliets were ok. Big kitchen and hang out space. Walking distance to everything (15-20 minutes to old town)

This place was so much more than we expected! Such a great surprise! Really close to the train station which is awesome. Staff was awesome and very inviting. Actually showed us to our room! Full kitchen, great lounge, great atmosphere. Even emailed to say that a plug was found in our room! Overall just a great experience! Loves our time in Dresden.

Aside from the animal themes, it's a pretty run of the mill hostel. Nothing too spectacular but its gets the job done. Close to the train station and restaurants but far from the old town. Would recommend.

Great place to relax and enjoy the city/surrounding areas! Staff was very helpful and the location was great!

Outstanding staff!

스탭분들이 친절하고 위치도 좋고 전체적으로 정말 좋았어요^^

Small, friendly hostel on a quiet street steps from the nightlife of New Town and a pleasant walk to the sites of Old Town. Great location. Carpets etc a bit tired but everything serviceable. Power points and wardrobe sized lockers. Noisy though. Great for party people, less so for anyone wanting a good night's sleep

Real close to the Neustadt train station and only 10-15 minute walk to some good areas to eat and drink. Easy access to the trams which are great. Good cooking facilities, with a dining room and lounge area that are good for socialising. First hostel we've stayed at in three months of travel where we've had to pay for linen, so found that a bit weird. Staff are friendly and able to suggest bars/restaurants. Would be happy to stay there again.

It's a nice hostel, but a bit old fashioned. Kitchen isn't really clean, but everything you need is available. Beds are clean, lockers are quite small. Common bathrooms don't provide much privacy... The hostel is in a nice and safe neighbourhood and everything is at walking distance! I wouldn't recommend this hostel for a single traveller, because it wasn't so easy to meet up with people (unless your lucky and you've got nice roommates).

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Luxembourg

Please replace the carpets in your hostel. They are disgusting.

Enjoyed my 2 nights here. The hostel has everything you need and is close by to all the good bars and eating places in the Neustadt. The 5€ laundry service was verymuch aappreciated!!

Staff were fantastic, especially lady with blue hair. Awesome map! Great lounge area.

I loved the community spaces. Lots of comfortable sofas and cushions, though they look a little old and dirty. Room was clean but a little dimly-lit. Power points at awkward spaces. Staff I met (I believe her name's Lisa? She has awesomely coloured-hair) is super friendly and helpful. I told her she didn't need to show me to my room but she insisted, and she does this for every visitor. No laundry facilities - they offer to wash for you for a fee.

Very friendly staff who are ready to spend time to inform you about the city but also the surrounding area of Dresden- ask them about the National Park (must see).

Very homey and nice people.

This hostel has lots of nice common areas, great lounge and kitchen and outdoor places to sit. good location.

Great place to meet people, proper hostel feel. Really good lounge facilities for chilling out