Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Excellent staff! All of them speak good English and will help you plan your trips around the city and to the nearby Saxony Switzerland. I stayed in the 6-bed and 8-bed dorm. The beds were comfortable. I got free linen since I was staying for more than three days. Nice, big, well-equipped kitchen and a relaxed lounge area. Also located near the nightlife and between two very central tram stops. Atmosphere wasn't GREAT but maybe I was just unlucky.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • India

The showers could be cleaner, but overall it was a very enjoyable experience. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, even giving us maps of our next destination! Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Dresden.

The hostel it's close by a nice bar street and not too far from the center. The staff speaks English and they have a nice restroom area. Atmosphere it's not that great though, or maybe I was unlucky :)

One of the best located hostel in Dresden. 5 minutes from Neustad food and shop area, and about 15 minute from old town. Room, toilets and showers were very clean (no problems with toilet paper). Stuff very kind and helpful (no problem with leaving you car on hostel's parking for few hours after you checked out). Well equipped kitchen, and spacious (but cosy) living room with couches, chairs and... hammocks!Hostel staff sells drinks in small bar. One minus for not-free sheets (2 EUR per person).

Very kind stuff. Good location. Furniture is a bit old fashioned but very clean. I can absolutely recommend it.

Clean hostel but lacks the vibe of a youth hostel. 15 minutes walk from the City Center. Staff are very helpful.

Secure, clean, with kitchen and good wifi. Staff are very helpful and interesting, they are very proud of their hostel. Well, the location is not very near to main attractions but acceptable. And, it may be simpler to add 1 Euro fee for sheets into the price directly. Over all, I enjoy my stay there and thank their kind help, I DO recommend it to travellers.

Came here over a cold winter weekend and was one of the only people there. The staff were very friendly and the kitchen was fantastic. It was a little far from the main attractions but close to many public transport links. Overall I felt like I received good value for money.

The Hostel in general is really good. The staff is kind, the bathrooms are clean. The only think I didn't like is that you have to pay extra money for the sheets.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Venezuela

Love the reception lady! Very very helpful and kind. Shower room is cold because hey keep the window open all the time.

Stuff is very friendly & helpful with everything. Location is very good - nightlife part around the corner and old historical town just 15 min walk :-) Lounge, kitchen and rooms are homelike and very clean - very comfortable house with a nice garden. You get a great map and lot of information. Kitchen is huge and fully equipped with everything! The hammocks on the tree in the common room are cool!! Would recommend this nice hostel to everyone ... great place with a warm and heartily atmosphere!

• 9th Nov 2013

a really nice experience to stayin hostel, reception was nice to introduce a few concert to listen, good advice and nice! I enjoyed my stay in Dresden very much. DANKE~

• 7th Nov 2013
  • China

The hostel was good, the staff were great. The lockers in the room where a little small for my 40l backpack but that's not a huge issue for me. The common room and kitchen were good and well equipped. The Wi-Fi was a bit lame you need to purchase wifi time, it was £3 a day.. although I never Paid. I met some great people here and had a good time.

Nice, friendly hostel with great spacious rooms and very helpful staff- everything is in a short walking distance

hostel stay was satisfactory. beware of the extra 2 euro charge for linen. they automatically add that on top of your accomm. fee. didnt see that coming. there could be an improvement with the shower rooms, e.g. by providing hangers for hanging towels or clothes and preventing them from getting wet.auto-sensing lights all over the place is a nuisance because rooms turn dark every few minutes and you have to get the lights up again on your own.

Close to the bars and lots of restaurants. little walk to old town. 6 hours free wifi each day for hostel world guests was a bonus!

1 2 Next » last »