Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

This hostel was a great place to stay. They have a laundry service for 5 euro, a full kitchen and lounge with a beautiful backyard. The people were social without being to into partying and loud. The showers were very European: 2 were out in the open, 3 were stalls.

A rather rigid and not very atmospheric hostel. I had to share a room with two drug addicts. Staff was not very friendly either and seemed somewhat annoyed that I checked out before reception opened at 8.00 in the morning. A city tourist tax was not included in the prices stated on hostelworld.

Dear Stefan, when you checked out, you said everything was alright!? Too bad, you did not give us a chance to solve the problem... you did not tell us by check-out or used the reception bell during the night, that there was a problem with the room-mates. We can only help, if we know... We are very sorry and wished you would have talked to us. Thank you for your stay and travel safe!

nice staff , big kitchen , good atmosphere ever i stay in 4 bed room , everything good

We arrived late and only really slept here. It was incredibly warm in the room and so all the windows were left open. In the morning my sister and i were covered in mosquito bites which made the rest of the trip very unpleasant.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

very pleasant hostel. Nice rooms,garden and parking place. Very familiy/baby friendly. Staff profesional and pleasant, they really take care about guest. Even about our next destination,so we started our journjey with a free city map.

Nice staff, location was a short walk to the bus/train and about a 20 minute walk to old town (which is very lovely on the way). Clean rooms, showers etc. Full kitchen. Nothing wrong with the place really.

Pretty decent place. about 20 minute walk to the touristy stuff. staff was really great. shower stalls don't offer much privacy though as 3/5 don't even have a curtain and are pretty much just open. not a huge social vibe, however I was still able to meet some great people. overall pretty decent place.

It's really near the new town station, having three big supermarket Lidl, Aldi and Edeka, as well as 2 Rossmann grocery stores nearby. And it is also located between the old town and new town, everything is in walking distance. :)

Great staff - so helpful. Definately will recommend hostel to others

Nice clean rooms. Helpful staff. Not much atmosphere in the common room.

Best staff ever!!! Nice common area and kitchen, well located. I had a very nice stay!

This hostel is the best of both worlds - the coziness of a small hostel with the amenities of a large one. It is surprisingly big! Spotless bathrooms, great kitchen and lounge area with hammocks, book shelf, outdoor picnic tables. Big lockers in the room to store your stuff. Location is good. Close to large grocery store and new town area. Easy walk to old town. My only issue was 2 euro charge for linen + 1 euro tourist tax on arrival. I prefer all costs to be included in the price listed.

Due to a tech error (they weren't sure on which end), when I arrrived there was no bed for me. While normally a stressful situation, the staff went out of the way and found a different hostel with room for the same price I would have paid, refunded my deposit, drove me to the new hostel, AND gave me a box of chocolates for my inconvenience! They went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of and I really appreciated them taking the time and doing all that for me.

Good hostel with a pleasant garden close to Dresden Neustadt station where there is a Lidl supermarket (closes 9pm). Kitchen has two fridges but for a longer stay a freezer would be very helpful. The staff are friendly and helpful. Wifi worked without a problem but the hostel could do with more power sockets. Large comfortable room to relax in. No free coffee however.

Great location, right near the train station, easy walking distance to pubs and funky stores in Neustadt, walking distance to the old town, and right near a new grocery store. Showers were a bit weird. Stalls in an open room with just a curtain to separate them.

The wifi is a bit slow

Shower room's drain pipe stucked a little bit

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Excellent staff. They were very helpful. The location is great. It's very close to Old town and New town.

the girls at the desk was very nice. The hostel was nice, very clean and comfortable, but the atmosphere is not so good, the people were very quiet. it isn't for someone who looking for parties and meet people

Its close to the train station and is conveniently located. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and the room was huge. Comfortable beds. However you have to pay for the linen ! Also they need to have more bathrooms. The shower areas (though separate for men & women) also need to have a little more privacy. Wifi was bad. The place was clean and seemed really chilled out though esp with its own garden. Had a bit of a hippie flair.