Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Just a hint - wifi requires user/password, which you get at the reception, but works for one device only, so if you have phone and computer, and realize this after 22, when the reception closes, you may have a problem. Closed reception also prevented us from sorting out a 70 years old man in the lounge, who was yawning loud like a shimpanzee. There was really nothing we could t do with the deer. Otherwise great. Needed a bed, and they had one.

This is the second time I went to this hostel. I really like the location and the fact that you can park your car at their private parkingplace. For those arriving by train; the trainstation is really close too :D The hostel is clean, there is a big common room and the kitchen is equipped with all the basics you need for your cooking. When we were there the atmosphere wasn't too thrilling; mainly because it wasn't busy at all.

Nice quiet location but very close to the action in Neustadt and an easy walk across the river. Staff will wash and dry your clothes for 5 euro.

Generally, it is a good hostel. It was very clean and in a good location. There were few problems: The WiFi only works in the public areas. The facilities of the showers are not very good, you have to press the bottom every 30-second to activate the water, and in some showers there are no curtains. All in all it is a good hostel, but there is definitely a place to improvement.

Great kitchen, great wifi, clean rooms and toilets, great staff. Not a party hostel but great place for rest a relax. Easy stroll to old town and new town . Close to train station.

The place was pretty nice. Really nice location,right next to a s-bahn station and a walk distance from everything in the city (both new and old parts). Staff was really helpful and I couldn't help but smile when seeing all the Australian-related design :) Would recommened.

The facilities are basic, but I really liked the homey feel of the hostel - in the rooms, common area and backyard. Other travellers at this place were friendly too and I made a couple of really cool friends. I recommend this place, and it is good for single travellers.

Nice hostel and wonderful people, very friendly and always available to help. A perfect place to stay in Dresda

• 27th Aug 2014

kitchen and lounge are great for meeting people and the staff are great! Not next to the main station but the next biggest one after it. It's a great location right next to the station, super market and bars. Only down side was the water in the girls shower room doesnt drain quick enough but it's not a big deal

Friendly staff, and seemed like it had a nice atmosphere (I was only there a night). Would be perfect for a day or two, would definitely recommend.

Kangaroo Stop was a fantastic hostel to stay at- the staff are bubbly, friendly and welcoming. The rooms are big and have a table in the centre of each room for games of card etc. However, going downstairs to the lounge kitchen area they have a range of board games, books or if you just want to chill hammocks! There is a kitchen available which we didn't use but it looked pretty clean. Only issue was the wifi was hit and miss. Other than that great hostel!

Okay hostel but had to pay for linen which was annoying.

Super friendly knowledgeable staff... great location. Only stayed for the one night but Dresden is such a cool place that, when I'm back, I'll be sure to stay here again.

Literally around the corner from the train station, old town and nightlife district. The hostel looks old but makes up for it with incredibly helpful staff. They walked me up to my room and gave me a map for my ongoing journey to Prague! I met a few lovely german families during my stay which was really lovely. I would recommend this place to everyone!

So Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

I love my stay in kangaroo. Kitchen, living room, toilet and shower are very clean. Staff are very nice. Location is very great. Just 3 minutes walk to supermarket and train station. and 10 minutes walk to old town. I enjoyed my stay in kangaroo and Dresden. Highly recommend this hostel.

I loved staying here! The best hostels always seem to be ones that are founded by actual travelers. The only thing I would change is the shower set up. It's best when there are places to hang your stuff and change in the shower.

Although we stayed here for one night only, we really enjoyed this hostel. It's very nice with its australian atmosphere, there are many common areas (living room with many sofas and hammocks!), garden, 2 fully equipped kitchens. We would definitely come back again!

Best hostel yet. Really helpful staff, the location is perfect, and they provide awesome tips for touring the city and how to get around. The rooms are nice and big and there is a separate showering area so you don't have to annoy everyone in your room while getting ready. Highly recommend this place!

We arrived late (10:30pm) but that was no problem. Friendly staff and close to the station.

• 8th Aug 2014