Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Great hostel. Value, location and staff were outstanding

• 25th Jun 2014

Really great hostel, the best I stayed in while in Dresden a couple of times. Really well equipped kitchen and while six hour wifi might seem like an inconvenience it might force you to interact with some of the fun people hanging out in the common room. Highly recommended and very close to the cool areas in the Neustadt.

Good place to stay, clean and comfortable. 4 person dorm was great, reading lights on all beds etc. Big common room and space outside. Wifi a bit sketchy especially in rooms. Bathrooms are a bit weird- there is no privacy it's a communal bathroom (different guys and girls ones) with just semi-frosted glass shower doors. Very helpful staff who recommended places. Easy walk to both old and new town.

One of the best hostels we stayed in.

The location was perfect for me and the hostel is good. But the wifi was really bad and for me that's a super low since I am not traveling with everything planned and need to do research and buy tickets while I traveling.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Just another hostel I won't remember in a month. + conveniently located near the Neustadt train station with service to the airport (15 min) & an Aldi supermarket (8-22) - strange free WiFi policy: you get 6 hrs of it daily (counted from the first use on the given day); - in the daytime everyone can get in & out of the hostel through the back door; - the guest kitchen is well-equipped, though cleaning is seemingly left entirely to guests: habits differ, so the place is, well, not too clean;

Dear Aivars, thank you for your stay and your review. Too bad you found our kitchen - not clean. We clean everyday, but sometimes once just does not seem enough and many guest just do not care. Travel safe!

The additional cost really disappoints me as i thought lockers are always provided for free. However i had to buy a lock to prevent my stuff being stolen. This is one of the drawbacks. Otherwise, it is a pleasant experience

The staff were really friendly and helpful! I had a night train on the day I checked out and I was told I was welcomed to not only leave my bags with them until I had to leave, but I could also continue using the facilities (lounge, kitchen, bathroom) until I had to catch my train. A short walk to the neustadt area with lots of shops and food places, but a longer 20+min walk to the old town. Slightly restrictive wifi access as you have to request a new login each day.

Kind staffs (with piercing woman), wonderful concept of hostel feeling wonderful. It was very nice.

Great Hostel, in particular the staff were extremely helpful. They also have free lollies at the reception which went down a treat. Would definitely stay again.

The rooms are spacious and the staff is friendly. Some of the automatic showers run for a long time even after you're done showering, which annoyed me a bit.

Staff are very friendly. After washing the clothes, they even help to fold the clothes which is very nice. The location is good with guide from the station. Also, it is convenient to go to the old town.

The staff were really lovely and helpful and the room was comfortable and clean. The living room was spacious and comfortable and there's a nice garden too. The kitchen was well equipped and clean. The wifi wasn't great, and often didn't work but there is computer in the lobby that you can use for free. You have to pay 2euros for sheets and also "city tax", which meant I paid about 4euros more than I was expecting to.

Very kind stuff. Perfect location for people who wants to party :)

I've been travelling for 2 months in Europe now and this hostel has the most amazing staff! They were all super friendly and extremely helpful! The common room and kitchen area are awesome and I loved the hammocks! Its super close to the Neustadt train station and the pubs/bars are within a short distance. I highly recommend this place!! Ps take a day trip to Saxony Schweiz, it's incredibly beautiful

Nice stop for a couple of nights in Dresda, nice and friendly personnel but not very cheap

• 29th May 2014

This is a great hostel. It has the best kitchen of any hostel I've stayed in, and the lounge room is extremely comfortable and sociable. It is close to central Dresden and the staff are friendly and informative. I've stayed in many hostels now and I rank this as one of the best. The only issue is you are only given 6 hours free wifi a day. I don't understand the reasoning behind this other than to make guests pay for more wifi. This is a negative as most hostels offer free wifi.

Staff were incredibly friendly, also had lots of patience for people who's English is not the best!

• 25th May 2014

Quite good all-around. They let you bring your own sheets if you want, but they charge you of you want to use theirs, and thet don't allow sleeping bags. That was a bit odd (they say it's to prevent bedbugs). Also they only give you twelve hours of free wifi, after that you have to pay, though they have a computer you can use for free. These are the only issues, and they're pretty minor.

Nice hostel, very friendly staff. My only complaint was that you could only access wi-fi for 1 six hour block per day (and the wi-fi wasn't that strong.) Other than that it was in a great location in Neustadt and very close to a tram line to get you to Altstadt.