Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Very nice hostel with super friendly staff. It was a bit empty when we were here so the atmosphere left a little something to be desired. However, the hostel itself was very nice and cozy.

Overall a great hostel. A bit far from the city center/historical part, but next door to the night life/restaurant neighborhood. Staffs were super friendly and helpfull. There's a nice lounge and kitchen. The rooms are ok, nothing special. The bathroom/shower could have been a bit cleaner, but it wasn't that bad. Only 2 showers had curtains in the men's. Also, the curtains in the rooms are not really good, the sun was hitting hard at 7:30am, I couldn't sleep and the room got really warm.

• 30th May 2015

Very cute hostel with a great location by the station, right between the old town and the restaurant/party area for young people. Great kitchen and common room. Very cool, and had lots of comfy seating with blankets. Free tea available in the kitchen (I love tea!) Staff were nice and helpful but did not seem approachable at first. Overall, great stay in Dresden.

I had a great experience here! The hostel is VERY clean and the common room is very spacious with lots of chairs, couches, and two hammocks. Wifi worked great in the common room, decent in my bedroom and it's free when you book through hostelworld (not free if you don't). The locker was big enough to store my luggage and backpack. It's very close to the Neustadt Train Station and super easy to find. About a 20 minute walk to the Altstadt and probably less than that to the bar area in Neustadt.

Location very close to the railwaistation Dresden-Neustadt. In the quiet area, but just few minutes walk to the cult bar and club Katy's garrage and lively Neustadt area.

• 29th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Very friendly atmosphere and nice staff.

• 28th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Good hostel. Dresden is a really quiet city so the atmosphere at the hostel was pretty calm.

Clean and extremely friendly and helpful staff, will help you with and or all questions. They have laundry service and wifi worked well. Great location can walk to anything in about 15 mins and it is less than 5 mins away from train station.

The hostel was well kept and the staff were very helpful. However, the lockers in the room were not all in working order. Other than that, the hostel was a nice place to stay.

Super great place. Awesome people and a good lounge and kitchen. Had to rent sheets, which always annoys me (no sleaping bags allowed) but otherwise an awesome place. I would definitely return.

The location was fine, staff very helpful and informative and the decor was pretty funky! I know a lot is dependant on guests at the time but the atmosphere was really quite flat while I was there. There's a big common room and a smaller lobby area which were both devoid of life for the few days I was there. Wifi also not so great in my room.

The hostel is great! The staff is friendly and the place is very cozy. The only place that could be improved are the showers. The water goes all over the place and wets the whole floor.

The wifi was a bit of an issue with making whatsapp calls with family - the wifi didn't allow for this.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Perfect stay!

Found the internet to be terrible! I felt the WiFi was poor even in the lounge and required constant reconnection.

This was a pretty good hostel to stay in. It's close to the Neustadt-Dresden station, which is really convenient for anything (like Lidl and places to get some food). I don't quite remember how much I paid for the hostel, but I think it was pretty worth it. You get lockers, and the showering area was pretty clean. The staff were very nice, and overall the people I met in the hostel were nice as well. I recommend this hostel!

I enjoyed my stay at Kangaroo stop. The place was clean and comfy. I particularly liked the treatment of the staff. Gentalman whose name I'm forgetting right now was particularly very helpful. During my stay there were not many people to socialize with but the people I met were nice.

• 12th May 2015
  • siner55
  • Pakistan

Friendly staff and Hostel is add a good location. Only strange that you have to pay extra for sheets and wifi if your staying for one night .

• 11th May 2015

The hostel is nice but having transparent doors for the shower cabins is a bit unsettling, even though there are in female- or male-only bathrooms.

An altogether enjoyable stay, was only there for one night but it was clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend. Also the decor is delightful.