Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

kitchen and lounge are great for meeting people and the staff are great! Not next to the main station but the next biggest one after it. It's a great location right next to the station, super market and bars. Only down side was the water in the girls shower room doesnt drain quick enough but it's not a big deal

Friendly staff, and seemed like it had a nice atmosphere (I was only there a night). Would be perfect for a day or two, would definitely recommend.

Kangaroo Stop was a fantastic hostel to stay at- the staff are bubbly, friendly and welcoming. The rooms are big and have a table in the centre of each room for games of card etc. However, going downstairs to the lounge kitchen area they have a range of board games, books or if you just want to chill hammocks! There is a kitchen available which we didn't use but it looked pretty clean. Only issue was the wifi was hit and miss. Other than that great hostel!

Okay hostel but had to pay for linen which was annoying.

Super friendly knowledgeable staff... great location. Only stayed for the one night but Dresden is such a cool place that, when I'm back, I'll be sure to stay here again.

Literally around the corner from the train station, old town and nightlife district. The hostel looks old but makes up for it with incredibly helpful staff. They walked me up to my room and gave me a map for my ongoing journey to Prague! I met a few lovely german families during my stay which was really lovely. I would recommend this place to everyone!

So Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

I love my stay in kangaroo. Kitchen, living room, toilet and shower are very clean. Staff are very nice. Location is very great. Just 3 minutes walk to supermarket and train station. and 10 minutes walk to old town. I enjoyed my stay in kangaroo and Dresden. Highly recommend this hostel.

I loved staying here! The best hostels always seem to be ones that are founded by actual travelers. The only thing I would change is the shower set up. It's best when there are places to hang your stuff and change in the shower.

Although we stayed here for one night only, we really enjoyed this hostel. It's very nice with its australian atmosphere, there are many common areas (living room with many sofas and hammocks!), garden, 2 fully equipped kitchens. We would definitely come back again!

Best hostel yet. Really helpful staff, the location is perfect, and they provide awesome tips for touring the city and how to get around. The rooms are nice and big and there is a separate showering area so you don't have to annoy everyone in your room while getting ready. Highly recommend this place!

We arrived late (10:30pm) but that was no problem. Friendly staff and close to the station.

• 8th Aug 2014

Perfect place... Never felt better in a hostel. Just like home. Chilled, good common spaces, everything to cook. And the crew are really nice (specially the girl of the morning, she's crazy!).

The one of most pleasant hostel I ever was

Kitchen had everything you could want in it, and I loved the lounge, full of big comfy chairs and hammocks. Somehow the place facilitates a very friendly and social atmosphere, and the staff are very cool and friendly, always ready with a good recommendation.

Amazing hostel!! Staff were incredibly helpful upon arrival! As a female solo traveller I felt very welcomed and at home here .. awesome atmosphere and met a bunch of amazing people!

Kangaroo-Stop was a great place to stay and had an awesome location a short walk from the Neustadt station! The staff was super friendly and provided a great map of the city. There's also a great hang-out room and well stocked kitchen. Everything was very clean. I would definitely recommend this place!

Great little hostel - perfect location near the new town train station and very easy to find. Staff were excellent as were the common areas. Best bit is that for just 5e you can get a bag of washing laundered and folded for you! (Doing washing I'm hostels is a pet hate of mine).

• 27th Jul 2014

This hostel might have had the most character I've ever seen! Ultra helpful and friendly staff and a really unique set-up in an old manor converted into a hostel. We had several confusing and picky requests (our friends were arriving while we were gone) and they totally mastered everything we asked of them. Loved it and hope to return again some day! :)

I really enjoyed this hostel as it was one of the cleanest I have stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I really liked the garden and lounge. The atmosphere was ok, nights were hit or miss. My only real complaint is that I stayed on the first floor and the showers were on the second, a decent ways away but that wasnt even that bad. When I go back to Dresden I will stay here.