Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

Kitchen had everything you could want in it, and I loved the lounge, full of big comfy chairs and hammocks. Somehow the place facilitates a very friendly and social atmosphere, and the staff are very cool and friendly, always ready with a good recommendation.

Amazing hostel!! Staff were incredibly helpful upon arrival! As a female solo traveller I felt very welcomed and at home here .. awesome atmosphere and met a bunch of amazing people!

Kangaroo-Stop was a great place to stay and had an awesome location a short walk from the Neustadt station! The staff was super friendly and provided a great map of the city. There's also a great hang-out room and well stocked kitchen. Everything was very clean. I would definitely recommend this place!

Great little hostel - perfect location near the new town train station and very easy to find. Staff were excellent as were the common areas. Best bit is that for just 5e you can get a bag of washing laundered and folded for you! (Doing washing I'm hostels is a pet hate of mine).

• 27th Jul 2014

This hostel might have had the most character I've ever seen! Ultra helpful and friendly staff and a really unique set-up in an old manor converted into a hostel. We had several confusing and picky requests (our friends were arriving while we were gone) and they totally mastered everything we asked of them. Loved it and hope to return again some day! :)

I really enjoyed this hostel as it was one of the cleanest I have stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I really liked the garden and lounge. The atmosphere was ok, nights were hit or miss. My only real complaint is that I stayed on the first floor and the showers were on the second, a decent ways away but that wasnt even that bad. When I go back to Dresden I will stay here.

The staff was amazing and very helpful! They gave us a free map right away and highlighted main attractions. There is no elevator, so be prepared to carry your things! The rooms were nice, but had to walk a ways to use the bathrooms which was just inconvenient. Located very close to Dresden Neustdat train station.

Great location, free parking, free WIFI. The nearest supermarket is 3 min walking. They give you a really nice free map to explore Dresden.

Everything was fabulous apart from the intermittent wifi and the fact that there were no lockers in the room. However I was able to leave my valuables at reception.

Very clean place with a great atmosphere and easy walking distance to all major attractions in Dresden. Staff was really helpful and sat down with us with a map outlining everything to do nearby for the time that we were staying...if I ever get back to Dresden, I would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Jul 2014

Nice place. Nothing to complain about.

This hostel was perfect! The location was great, and the people were very nice. The atmosphere was lovely! They had a really wonderful lounge and kitchen, and also the outdoor area was perfect. The yard was covered in lovely flowers, and there is a sweet cat who showed up a couple of times. I would absolutely recommend this hostel.

Really friendly and welcoming staff. You should explain more clearly that breakfast is help your self/buffet as many guests were expecting a basic breakfast to be made for them. Wifi was slightly intermittent in the lounge/kitchen area.

Great place just around the corner from the new station and the lively part of town. Very near by are supermarkets and transport options. Many thanks

The kangaroos is near the new city centre and also many cool places:) it is just a few minutes walk to the old town which is really convenient. The staffs there are soooo helpful and nice. The map they provided me was super good:) there is a large lounge where you can meet some new friends there The rooms and toilets are clean:) I had a nice stay in Dresden. Would recommend it:)

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Spent two nights here, great social atmosphere as a solo traveller. Really cool decorations and vibe in the hostel. Only a Short walk from the centre

Such good value for money and the staff were extremely helpful and nice. Apart from the wifi not always being so great in the rooms and the lack of hanging space in the shower this place was amazing.

• 13th Jul 2014

Everything is fine. But the wi-fi got limited time, it's not convenience.

no complaints, helpful staff & good location

Spent only one night but it was very enjoyable. Rooms were clean and easy to meet other travellers in lounge room. Atmosphere is excellent. Location is outside main city centre but easy to get to by tram or 15 minute walk. However great assortment of restaurants and bars in neighbourhood next to hostel. Staff is down-to-earth and very helpful.