Kangaroo-Stop Reviews

Erna-Berger-Str. 8-10, Dresden-Neustadt 01097, Dresden, Germany

I would've appreciated a shower cubicle with somewhere dry to keep stuff in whilst showering.

• 8th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Good hostel with big friendly staff and big nice lounge. Breakfast for 5 euro was worth it. German hostels charge additional fees for sheets and local tax, so be prepared for that. We departed quite early in the morning by train and the hostel is nicely situated only 5min walk from the Neustadt train station.

The lounge area was really nice and had a great variety of things to do. The location was good but the atmosphere was really chill. I became great friends with my roommates after we went out together. This was a calm hostel for a quick overnight stay.

The woman who checked us in was awesome! She had green hair.

This hostel not so far from old town but far from main Train station. Hostel charges 2 euro for bed sheet.

3 minute walk from train station, 7 minute walk to bar area, grocer 5 minute walk, 15 minutes from historic area. Big kitchen, real big wall lockers in room, 24 hour common area. Get 6 hours of wifi per day-I suggest getting it broken up into smaller time allotments. Once you log into wifi the time runs while you're using it or not.

I've really had a nice stay, personal on the reception they are rather kind, they wont hesitate on helping you if you have problems. I'm glad for had selected kangaroo-stop as my hostel and of course i will recomend so that many people is going to meet you!!.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Mexico

very enjoyable, nice atmosphere, altogether more like a retreat than just a normal backpackers happy travels GB

They charge for bed linens (~2euro a night), but won't let you use your sleeping bag, which I thought was a bit of a money grab. However, other than that it was a great spot. Lovely staff, great kitchen and in an excellent location to explore all of Dresden!

I am a streetperformer and i have been in countless numbers of hostels over the last 8 years. I never have been in such a beautiful hostel like the kangaroo stop. The staff was extraordinary nice. The rooms reminds you more to a 4 star hotel. Washing facilities are very clean and modern. The kitchen is tidy and neat and contains everything u need and more, but highlight of all is the living, hangout, chillexarea. It is so comfy and cosy. I definitely will come back! What a place! Thumbs up!!!!!!

• 19th Apr 2014

Hostel was very, very good

We had a very nice stay at Kangaroo Stop. Did not like paying full price for little kids though which makes the stay very expensive. Can be also loud with party guests.

• 13th Apr 2014

Please next time read the general information about the Hostel you book - then you would have read to get in touch with us for traveling with kids. In this case you could have stayed in the family house for less money and with less noise. By arrival we unfortunately had no chance to change your booking. Thank you for your stay and travel safe.

Staff were very welcoming. Room was spacious, bathrooms clean, common room and kitchen generously sized. Very close to Dresden Neustadt for easy link to the central bus and train station. Only criticism would be limited wifi - the six hours ran out overnight even though I turned the wifi off on my tablet after checking my emails.

Great Kitchen and Living Room!

I think, I did the best choice when I booked this hostel! Very nice friendly staff, pretty australian decorations in the hostel, great location! Everything good.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very nice staff, very useful map and comments about the city, always ready to help you with a smile and candys for free all the time :) The living room and the kitchen gave us the possibility to speak with other people from the hostel and cook for yourself, everything really clean there and some books to read. Good location, near all the bars. Just the showers were a kind of messy, all full of water, haha But Definitely, I will stay there again if I go again to Dresden, great atmosphere!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Spain

From this hostel, you can walk to the main attractions in Dresden. Staff are friendly and is located near a train station. Clean and good hostel.

Staff was great. Very friendly and very helpful! Gave us reccommendations for places to visit around the city.

• 8th Mar 2014