Kantaya Hostel Reviews

Santiago Giraldo # 220, Puno, Peru

I had a great time and felt at home at this hostel. The staff is just like a family for travelers and it is very clean and organized. I had a great time and felt really happy there. good location, cheap place.

• 29th Dec 2015

There wasn't much going on here. The hostel was cold, but the bed was comfy. Try to stay at somewhere that has a little more going on!

Location was good. pancakes in breakfast, free kitchen. Really helpful staff which made our time in Puno very enjoyable. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 1st Nov 2015

I was only here briefly, but the hostel was perfectly nice, in a great location, and the lady on the desk who helped me was lovely. I ended up having a ten bed dorm all to myself as there was no one else there, so there wasn't a ton of atmosphere, but the rooms are clean and comfortable and the area feels safe.

Nice hostel in a good location, The service was excellent. They took care of all my travel needs i enjoyed of my excursion to the lake titicaca. i recommend you.

• 31st Oct 2015

Staff are extremely helpful and fun. Great facilities. Only 1 blocks from the plaza. nice breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Everything was great so far, good location, helpful staff.

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Israel

A nice hostel, but a bit far out and not much of an atmosphere. It isn't far to find restaurants, a small supermarket and pharmacy, but difficult to find things open later in the evening.

When we got there, there was not much of a hostel atmosphere. They charged us to check in early when no other hostel in Peru has. That is if the beds were unoccupied. In this case 6 beds were not occupied and we were still charged to check in early. There was no hot water in a very cold hostel. They charged us 10 soles to keep our bags there for 1 night and did not charge a German girl who we met. The man was nice, but the women was stand offish. Breakfast was decent. Cheaper to stay in hospdaje

its an average place with good security, location and nice staff, great breakfast and possibility to make tea and coffee, a big shopping mall just around the corner and the main square, beds were hard in the private room and hostel nice and quite so able to sleep

Friendly staff upgraded us to a private room at no extra cost with our original one-night booking... Clever marketing though as we then wanted to stay in the same room when we decided to book two more nights! But we negotiated a cheap price for the next few nights so was worth it! Pancakes for breakfast are nice, though go cold quickly because it's Puno!! Helpful with booking tours. Not so good for booking buses though, as it's much cheaper just to go to the bus station.

Pros: Central location, good WiFi, lockers Cons: Beds are unconfortable (even for a low budget option); No hot water in the first night, no furniture in rhe rooms (a bedside desk could make some difference). Stayed 3 nights, to avoid the hassle of moving out, this an OK option but I believe better alternatives within same price range can be found in Puno.

cold. v little heating

A great bed in Puno. Comfortable, hot shower, good Breakfast, staff extremally atentious and helpful. They help organize everything you need, trips, tours, tickets, ... Close to the main points and quiet rest.

Hard to find the hostel. needs better sign

Staff was very helpful in organising tours and buses to Bolivia. Room was big and spacious with a decent sized bathroom. Breakfast had pancakes served which was a small delight! Puno itself is nothing to rave about, but if in need of a stopover before Bolivia, I would recommend this hostel :)

Puno is a bit bad in general so location wise, wasn't close to any key attractions - about a 10/15min walk to the big supermarket. My room (10bed mixed) was smelly but that might have been the guys that were in there?? No atmosphere as there isn't a proper communal area besides the eating area. Free tea and coffee all day and crepes for brekkie which was a nice change from bread and jam. Wifi kept cutting off. Wouldn't stay again because I don't like Puno but it was okay for one night.

Nice hostel in a good location, shame there wasn't a warmer common room

The service was excellent. They took care of all my travel needs.

• 10th Sep 2015

Pretty average hostel and very hard to find. Wrap up warm at night - it's seriously cold!!