Kantaya Hostel Reviews

Santiago Giraldo # 220, Puno, Peru

The atmosphere is nice, WIFI very unreliable, beds hard as a rock, but at least the showers are HOT and the included breakfast generous. The staff is friendly enough, but when we tried to check out in the morning the woman working the desk disappeared for 15 minutes or so and we had to get to the bus terminal! Also they overcharged us by 24 soles compared to the balance that Hostelworld said we owed. When I tried to argue my point, the woman refused to reason and refunded 4 soles. No Bueno!!

• 17th Oct 2014

My friends and I stayed 2 nights. We stayed in a Mixed Dorm with 10 beds was good and cheap. It was clean and staff was nice. After we take Kayaking Tour on Lake Titicaca it was excellent and we enjoyed. Would def recommend. Great location in Puno!.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Costa Rica

Lovely hostel and good value for money. The staff were wonderful and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. great location, hot shower. They has good options trips to Lake Titicaca, I was nice experience in Kantaya.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great service in kantaya and cheap. I enjoyed my tour to Titicaca lake. i had warm shower, travel desk, Staff is friendly, the place is clean, you feel like home!!

• 4th Oct 2014

The hostel is super well located, very close to all the places that are important to visit. The staff was extremely knowledgeable of the tours. i had hot shower and good breakfast.

• 4th Oct 2014

Thank you kantaya staff for all the help us. We enjoyed our stay here. Close to center, warm shower, good breakfast, hot drinks free Overall, I'd recommend this hostel

• 1st Oct 2014

Good place to stay. Friendly staff, good common areas, fast internet, hot shower and free kitchen. Nice hostel.

• 1st Oct 2014

Had booked this hostel for a day either side of our homestay and were extremely disappointed. Both nights we had no hot water and after complaining severel times were repeatedly told 5mins 5mins... The entire building was extremely cold due to work being carried out on the top floor where they had removed the roof, we had to sleep in our clothes to keep warm. When were offered a 5 soles discount!!!!! We also paid 45 soles for washing which came back damp and will have to be re washed.

Good & nice place to meet people, with a good atmosphere and central location.

• 27th Sep 2014

Great hostel in a good location. Helpful staff, comfy beds & clean bathrooms. Nice space for socializing. Also they have kitchen to cook your own food. The tour we booked through the hostel was good as well.

• 27th Sep 2014

Kantaya makes it a very social place. Good place to meet people in common area. close to main street, friendly staff, pancakes in breakfast. I can not complain because it is a very cheap and good hostel.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The showers where not really hot, rather medium warm but ok enough to enjoy showering. The breakfast was really delicious. They had everything from pancakes to bread. There have been no lockers in the rooms, but little ones for the stuff that values close to the reception.

We arrived at Kantaya after long day travelling and looked forward to a hot shower, after running the water for a few minutes we complained of lack of hot water. we were told wait 5 minutes. after waiting 10 minutes we still had no warm water. We were charged for towel rental and told the nect day we shouldnt of been. they also tried to charge us for bag storage as we dudnt book trip with them even though they didnt inform us of their trips.

Good warm shower and functioning wifi. Cool building with lots of social areas... In a good location- good starting point to walk around the city. clean hostel, friendly staff, good common areas with hot drinks, big tv with videos, Lockers. Overall good stay, and is cheap stay here.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

I'd really recommend this Hostel. It's nearly of good points of the city, the rooms are comfortable and the staff helped me and my friends a lot!. good pancakes in breakfast, hot shower, kitchen free, fast internet, hot drinks in common areas. They have Travel Shop and we enjoyed the lake titicaca with them.

• 17th Sep 2014

very nice location, 2 minutes by walk to the center, where you can find everything, this hostel is very pretty, staff very friendly where you feel like at home, when i arrived early at 5am. they help me and they give me the bed. i was a nice experience

• All Male Group, 25-30

I saw many comments very bad about this hostel. but some traveler recommend kantaya, then i booked my bed and i found very nice hostel, its clean, they have kitchen, lockers, a good breakfast and they sell tours to Lake Titicaca.

• 16th Sep 2014

it was a good elecction, because is cheaper and nice hostel. the staff very helpfull and friendly. there are kitchen, hot drinks free, big tv and videos. lockers, and good breakfast.

• Austria

The 10bed dorm was dirty when I arrived even though there was only 1 person in here. There is absolutely no lockers as advertised. Breakfast was good though and tea is available 24/7.

I had a good stay here. great location and very helpful staff who helped us book our Lake Titicaca tour and helped with the ticket de bus all was very good. If you want cheap and safe hostel, Kantaya is nice option.

• 6th Sep 2014