Kantaya Hostel Reviews

Santiago Giraldo # 220, Puno, Peru

Good warm shower and functioning wifi. Cool building with lots of social areas... In a good location- good starting point to walk around the city. clean hostel, friendly staff, good common areas with hot drinks, big tv with videos, Lockers. Overall good stay, and is cheap stay here.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

I'd really recommend this Hostel. It's nearly of good points of the city, the rooms are comfortable and the staff helped me and my friends a lot!. good pancakes in breakfast, hot shower, kitchen free, fast internet, hot drinks in common areas. They have Travel Shop and we enjoyed the lake titicaca with them.

• 17th Sep 2014

very nice location, 2 minutes by walk to the center, where you can find everything, this hostel is very pretty, staff very friendly where you feel like at home, when i arrived early at 5am. they help me and they give me the bed. i was a nice experience

• All Male Group, 25-30

I saw many comments very bad about this hostel. but some traveler recommend kantaya, then i booked my bed and i found very nice hostel, its clean, they have kitchen, lockers, a good breakfast and they sell tours to Lake Titicaca.

• 16th Sep 2014

it was a good elecction, because is cheaper and nice hostel. the staff very helpfull and friendly. there are kitchen, hot drinks free, big tv and videos. lockers, and good breakfast.

• Austria

The 10bed dorm was dirty when I arrived even though there was only 1 person in here. There is absolutely no lockers as advertised. Breakfast was good though and tea is available 24/7.

I had a good stay here. great location and very helpful staff who helped us book our Lake Titicaca tour and helped with the ticket de bus all was very good. If you want cheap and safe hostel, Kantaya is nice option.

• 6th Sep 2014

Good hostel a cheap price, hot shower, clean hostel, good beds, Free kitchen, Travel Shop. I'd really recommend this Hostel. It's nearly of good points of the city, the staff helped me and my friends a lot!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

A really nice hostel in good location. Very pretty and chilled out. Quiet though and Cheap. Great helpful staff. free kitchen, common areas, hot drinks free, fast internet. Good beds and warm blankets. Very clean. Good tour options, we did the lake titicaca and it was awesome! All for very cheap. Warm shower. Would recommend it to anyone!.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice breakfast with homemade pancakes!! However, there was no hot water for shower during my stay. It was a freezing night. For me, hot shower is essential!!

Would definitely recommend this hostel. Was a good choice!. Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Cleanest hostel we have stayed in. Hot water at last and if you run out they just change the propane tank. Good breakfast with pancakes. Tea all day in common areas.

• 31st Aug 2014

Amazing place and cheap. Great helpful staff. free kitchen, common areas, hot drinks free, fast internet. Nice location and layout of the place. Good beds and warm blankets. Very clean. Good tour options, we did the lake titicaca and it was awesome! All for very cheap, awesome! Warm showers. Would recommend it to anyone!

• 31st Aug 2014

Really cool place to stay with amazing breakfast (pancakes!). Wifi was a little temperamental and shower never warmed up but I would stay there again and recommend the place to others. It's got a cool, friendly environment.

Our room had not been cleaned from the last guests, and the room smelt mouldy.. The staff cleaned it immediately though but the smell was still there. There was no heating or hot water as advertised. The kitchen was nice but the cooking utensils were often dirty. The tours we booked through the hostel were excellent though. Good wifi.

Thanks...! Kantaya Hostel, we spend a nice experience, I can not complain about anything. Because the prices they have are cheap. central location, breakfast included, hot shower, good common areas with hot drinks, free kitchen for guest, travel Desk. Definitely recommend you if you go to Puno.

• 28th Aug 2014

There is no tv room. They just put a tv in the dining room, but there are no movies to watch. When I arrived the room was clearly not been cleaned. Also the bathroom was very dirty, as well as the kitchen. No hot water. One of the most dirtiest hostel i stayed in peru.

Kantaya was a good place for a night in Puno. The shower was very hot (they said for 5 minutes, I didn't want to risk it so I just stayed in that long) but the hostel generally was freezing. The beds were hit or miss; mine was hard as a rock but my friend's was comfortable. There were no lockers but you could leave things in a room next to reception. Booking tours from the hostel was really easy, we did the Uros islands through them for 35 pesos and booked the bus to Copacabana for 35 as well.

Best hostel we've stayed in Perú. Helpful staff, clean room, hot showers, comfortable rooms, central location, booked an uros floating island tour through the hostel and it was a good price and good tour. Would stay again.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

very nice hostel, spacious, clean, Good place to meet people, with a good \atmosphere. huge tv. breakfast with pancakes. is cheap stay here, is your best pick in Puno!

• 15th Aug 2014

I can't fault the hostel is cheap and Good attention. my stay was all great, good beds, hot water in shower, has good common areas for meet people, has travel shop, friendly & helpful staff, atmosphere in hostel is friendly and is in good location just 2 mins walk from main plaza. would recommend!

• 14th Aug 2014