Fabulous 418 Total Reviews
Fabulous 418 Total Reviews
Kantaya Hostel Located at Santiago Giraldo # 220, , Puno.
Peru
Puno Puno 051 Santiago Giraldo # 220
83% 418
-15.8375935 -70.0292211
    Rooms available

• Canada, Male, 18-24
19th Aug 2016

The overall vibe is pretty nice and the people who work there are super friendly and helpful. they offer tours. The facilities were ok, it was nice having private bathrooms with hot water :) We would recommend this to others looking for a good hostel and cheap

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
3rd Aug 2016

friendly hostel and central location. Staff let me FREE check-in even though I arrived at 5:30am. hot shower all time. comfy mattres. helpful staff. they offer Tours. We booked our trip to lake to lake titicaca we enjoyed. thanks staff

28th Jul 2016
7.7

Good location, but not a social place what so ever. Wifi is hit or miss, but staff helpful in booking tours that pick you up from the hostel.

• Taiwan, Female, 25-30
28th Jul 2016

Kantaya is a great choice in Puno. The location is great, not far away from the center and walking distance to Central Market and big supermarket. Quiet and safe neighborhood Front desk staffs are very friendly and helpful. Giving me superb suggestions for what to do, and how to get there. Really appreciate their efforts and help. :)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Jul 2016

Staff were very friendly. Allowed us to leave our luggage there before we checked in the next day as we had an island home stay. Room was big enough for the two of us and the shower was hot hot. Good place to catch up on sleep minimal if any atmosphere in the common areas. Great location, close to all the action!

24th Jul 2016
6.0

I arrived alone at 5:15am and there was no one to open the door for me. By the time I realized that, my taxi was already gone and let's just say you don't want t wander the streets alone in Puno searching for another taxi. A lot of sketchy and drunk people around. I had to go back to the bus station, booked a tour for the day and left my bag there. On check-in in the afternoon, the lady claimed that they have people 24x7 at reception, but don't count on that, especially if you are alone!

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016

Cheap hostel, good service, great location. There is hot drinks all time, free kitchen, free breakfast, friendly staff.

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Jul 2016
7.1

The location was great and the staff were really friendly. You have to buzz to get into the building but my room had no lock and was on the ground floor next to the common area so did not feel very secure (I put my money and passport into the small lockers and had nothing else of value on me so felt safe). The beds were either really firm or far far far too soft and there was no outlet near my bed. The shower was hot (yay) but limited bathrooms. Standard breakfast, poor wifi.

13th Jul 2016
2.9

The hotel is NOT finished! Very dirty.The staff is very rude, especially the man. Tours cost double, tell you one price but asked for more.Sheets, towels not changed or washed.Dirty floors, unsanitary kitchen.Terrible breakfast: pancake mix with eggs/water was left on the counter for 24 hrs, than used again.They did not have heating because they ran out of gas bottles. Small rooms. Bathroom: No handle lock. Guests complained. Go there only if you do not have alternatives. I do not recommend it.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

A good option for Puno! Pros: very secure (you have to buzz to get into the hostel), the staff are very friendly and helpful, the wifi is fast, there's 24 hour coffee and tea, and the showers are really good. Cons: not much of an atmosphere, not that many common areas except for the main dining room. In all, if you're only going to spend a night or two in Puno (which you should, max) then a good choice, because its got the security, comfort and facilities.