Kantaya Hostel Reviews

Santiago Giraldo # 220, Puno, Peru

nice hostel with bigger breakfast than most. They try to heat the hostel with gas heaters but it is still cold, but it seems to be the same way in most hostels and restaurants

Only cleaned the common bathrooms once a day. No shower curtains. The location is good, only a few minutes from the plaza de Armas. The beds were very hard but you get what you pay for - good breakfast and it served our purpose for two nights. Beware: they charge more than is advertised.

• 14th Jan 2015

Great location, helpful staff and decent internet/wifi.. However, the rooms were extremely cold, the majority of one of the walls was glass (letting light in all night), and the noise level was terrible. Between the hallway light and the music/people/construction noise, we didn't sleep very well here. The hot drinks and kind staff are redeeming qualities, and the price isn't bad, but it wasn't our best stay in Peru.

The staff was really helpful and they made us feel at home. We love our staying in Kantaya.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Peru

Excellent place to stop for a day on the way to Copacabana, friendly staff and superb location, quiet and practical.

Great place, great budget, great staff, and lots of practical help and advice.

Nice place to relax before going on a tour or to Bolivia... good breakfast and computers, only complaint is really slow Internet

Great hostel, staff were particularly helpful and accommodating. Pancakes for breakfast an added bonus. Also helped us organise an afternoon tour after we overslept for the morning version. Would recommend ando would stay again.

Rooms and beds were comfortable. There are common spaces and computers for use but there isn't much atmosphere and the common spaces are not very inviting. The breakfast is good and free hot drinks. We had an issue with being left standing outside in the rain for 20+ mins whilst we rang the doorbell and no staff were there to answer the door, this was at 9pm so hardly late. We felt while the staff were nice this scenario was a bit unreliable.

I had a good stay here. It's a little chilly in the lobby, but they do make an effort to keep it warm with a gas heater. The beds had very warm blankets. Getting a hot shower was a little hit or miss. The staff was always very helpful and this is a great location. Breakfast is fairly standard and simple.

Nice hostel, good brekky, good kitchen nice clean rooms. Very close to market and shop! Only problem was they never discounted my hostel world deposit and tried to tell me they did but other than that, all good!

Due to getting in on the bus at 6am I was wrecked. They were able to let me check in straight away (I think because everyone in my room was already up) and put off servicing the room until after I had had a nap. Very thoughtful and considerate.

Very friendly staff and helpfull!! Made my trip very easy!! And I could rest!!

Thanks Kantaya. I can't fault the hostel is cheap and Good attention. my stay was all great, good beds, hot water in shower, has good common areas for meet people, has travel shop, friendly & helpful staff, atmosphere in hostel is friendly and is in good location just 2 mins walk from main plaza. would recommend!

• 6th Dec 2014

this hostel looks like under construction, but it still could fulfill all you need during your stay. A quite place for recharging.

We arrived on the overnight bus from Arequipa at 5.30am but they give us our room and a complementary coffee straight away, which was much appreciated. Some of the mattresses are as hard as wood (mine included) and my room was right next to a common area, which didn't feel very private, especially as much of the wall was only a piece of glass (with no curtain).

Served it's purpose - somewhere to spend a night before heading out onto Lake Titicaca. Nothing special, no real atmosphere.

Would try another hostel in puno

This was the second hostel we stayed in Puno and much better. The staff from when we arrived made us feel really welcome. We had some problems with a tour and the hot water and they went out of their way to make sure everything was sorted for us. It's not amazing but from what we heard about other places, the best in Puno. Location is good, the wifi decent and the staff were really helpful with booking tours and buses

Very nice hostel with many great facilities that makes the stay very enjoyable. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. we enjoyed the kayaking on Lake Titicaca with them. we recommend to everybody.

• 30th Nov 2014