Kantaya Hostel Reviews

Santiago Giraldo # 220, Puno, Peru

Nice hostel, good brekky, good kitchen nice clean rooms. Very close to market and shop! Only problem was they never discounted my hostel world deposit and tried to tell me they did but other than that, all good!

Due to getting in on the bus at 6am I was wrecked. They were able to let me check in straight away (I think because everyone in my room was already up) and put off servicing the room until after I had had a nap. Very thoughtful and considerate.

Very friendly staff and helpfull!! Made my trip very easy!! And I could rest!!

Thanks Kantaya. I can't fault the hostel is cheap and Good attention. my stay was all great, good beds, hot water in shower, has good common areas for meet people, has travel shop, friendly & helpful staff, atmosphere in hostel is friendly and is in good location just 2 mins walk from main plaza. would recommend!

• 6th Dec 2014

this hostel looks like under construction, but it still could fulfill all you need during your stay. A quite place for recharging.

We arrived on the overnight bus from Arequipa at 5.30am but they give us our room and a complementary coffee straight away, which was much appreciated. Some of the mattresses are as hard as wood (mine included) and my room was right next to a common area, which didn't feel very private, especially as much of the wall was only a piece of glass (with no curtain).

Served it's purpose - somewhere to spend a night before heading out onto Lake Titicaca. Nothing special, no real atmosphere.

Would try another hostel in puno

This was the second hostel we stayed in Puno and much better. The staff from when we arrived made us feel really welcome. We had some problems with a tour and the hot water and they went out of their way to make sure everything was sorted for us. It's not amazing but from what we heard about other places, the best in Puno. Location is good, the wifi decent and the staff were really helpful with booking tours and buses

Very nice hostel with many great facilities that makes the stay very enjoyable. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. we enjoyed the kayaking on Lake Titicaca with them. we recommend to everybody.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

In Kantaya. I had a wonderful stay, they have all facilities you need and it welcomes you for a relaxing time if wanted. friendly and helpful staff. Central location, hot shower, comfy bed. good and cheap.

• 30th Nov 2014

Decent hostel, clean facilities and well located within the city. Nothing special in terms of social atmosphere (small seating areas) or overall rooms/washrooms. Staff was accommodating but not overally helpful in terms of recommendations. Overall, decent hostel for the price but not exceptional.

It was in a great location to everything, and they were also helpful with providing transport to any location you need to get to(at a good price)

• 22nd Nov 2014

My stay here was comfortable and nice. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are always clean. The staff for the most part were friendly and helpful. good common areas, lockers, they has travel shop. free kitchen for guest. good place and cheap.

• 13th Nov 2014

Great hostel in Puno. Staff really makes you feel at home, lots of space for socializing with hot drinks. fast wifi, breakfast included, warm shower. they are the best in Puno!

• 13th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Kantaya Hostel, and I would recommend it to other travelers. The wifi worked pretty good, the showers were warm, the staff was really helpful, the building was continuously clean, lots of nice places to relax, very close to the plaza, and they had a travel shop. good option...!!!

• 12th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Stayed 3 nights, arrived very early and they helped us with the tours to Lake Titicaca. The free breakfast was good. Bathrooms, kitchen and common areas very well maintained. warm shower & comfy beds. Staff friendly and helpful and all in all very comfortable and cheap.

• 12th Nov 2014

Very nice hostel a cheap price. Staff is really friendly and cleans, pancakes in breakfast, good kitchen for guest, nice rooms. the location is perfect, hot shower all the time and hot drinks too. We had a great time at the hostel and met very cool! The tours they offered were also great!.

• 11th Nov 2014

Great hostel. Good showers and amazing setting. Well organized and the staff was welcoming. comfy beds and all its clean. Nice space for socializing. Also they have kitchen to cook your own food. hot shower every time. The tour we booked through the hostel was good as well. Give them a try.

• 10th Nov 2014

I really have no complaints about my stay at Kantaya. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was perfect for meeting people. central location, warm shower, nice bed. lockers. I enjoyed of the adventure tour on lake titicaca with them.

• 10th Nov 2014