Karibu Hostel Reviews

P.O. Box 2143, Moshi, Tanzania

A friendly little place, just wish it was closer in town

I was so happy I stayed here! The staff was amazing and I they are doing great things with Born to Learn and for the town of Moshi. I did not come as a volunteer but as a tourist and they were able to help me sort out so many different activities. Great place!

• 13th Apr 2014

Stayed there a couple of nights before climbing kili and cant really complain, good location and friendly staff.

hello, It is a very beautiful place, with very good atmosphere and very frienly. All the sourrounds are great and everything has been perfect. Deninitily I recomind it and if I go again to Tanzania I w,ont have any doubt in trying to stay in the same hostel. GREAT KARIBU HOSTEL!!!. Inma

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Spain

The people who run this place as well as the volunteers are mostly all very friendly. The hostel is a bit outside of the center but that’s no prob, a taxi around M costs not much. The showers/sink were not clean at all. Neither the one inside nor the one behind the main house. Please buy some good old bleach and clean the bathrooms thoroughly. Also I didn’t like the fact that we were not allowed to use the kitchen to cook our own food. Apart from that, it's still a good place to stay in Moshi.

Best stay ever in a hostel! Great people, great atmosphere! Thanx to Jose and his sekretary! :) Asante sana!

• 21st Dec 2013

This might sound cheesy but words cannot express how much I enjoyed staying at Karibu Hostel. I was only planning on staying there for one maybe two days but ended up staying for 3 weeks. It was the perfect "home base" for all my Moshi adventures. AND it supports a much needed 'Born to Learn' primary school for underprivileged children. Everything about it is great!

• 8th Dec 2013

Only stayed one night here but we really liked it. Ailsa made us feel very welcome and helped us with everything we needed. All the profits go to a NGO wich is a plus!!