Kariok Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamim Constant, 80, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Lovely, quiet hostel with a great kitchen.

• 19th Jan 2016

I stayed in Rio 2y ago, in the same neighbourhood and it felt safe so I deliberately chose the same one this time. There is a more local atmosphere feel than at Copacabana.Very close to Escadaria and Lapa, you can walk to it. Hostel staff was very friendly,esp.Alexis who went out of his way to help me with a SIM card, also gave me some recommendations for the time. Breakfast was good, I'm not picky though. I was in a single private, open tothe lobby so a bit loud at times.Had a pleasant stay.:)

The hostel has all the regular amenities but I just found it had no atmosphere. Plus the guy on the reception was a little rude to me when I left, he didn't speak English and my Portuguese isn't great so it wasn't ideal. There are better hostels.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels