Karon Living Room Hotel Reviews

481 Patak Rd., Muang, Phuket, Thailand

Very very nice and helpful staff. The Hostel is very close to Karon Beach with lot of good Restaurant nearby. Karon beach is just much nicer than Patong and Kamalar beach. Also cheaper than eat and hang out or shopping in Patong. With the price I definately have nothing to complain, and always recommend friends for a Hostel choice in Phuket. I also recommend the tour to Phi phi island directly booked via the hostel, was a perfect trip!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • China

nice, clean and big room, got upgraded straight away as it was low season, fantastic staff, they were very helpful even after I left accommodation, I would come back, 10 minutes to the beach and two nice cafe/ restaurant near by

A hotel with a couple of dorms tacked on really, we were the only ones staying in the male/female only dorms so had plenty of space in the clean, private rooms and a large nice bathroom to ourselves. Even if it had been full I'm sure it would have been sufficient. It's about 20 minutes walk to the beach and you pass all the bars/restaurants on the way. Plenty of choice for relatively sleepy part of phuket (by patong standards anyway); nice for a quiet beach getaway.

This one is a little bit away from the beach but it's easily to find a traditional restaurant around here. And the stuff here are really nice.

Quiet , clean, and is at a great location 10 minutes from Karon beach. Helpful and friendly staff as well

After staying at two amazing hostels in Malaysia, I was blown away by how beautiful and stunning this place was. There is detailed decor in the dorms, washrooms, and common areas. It was a bit far from the beach (15 minute walk) and main street, but the beach was totally worth it at sunset and the food/pub street is pretty long and reaches the hostel anyway. Breakfast also rocked with a boiled egg and sliced pineapple in addition to the standard toast. They also have a water dispenser.

Very nice hostel to stay in,distance from main road though and beach was a bit further than expected.

This was one of the nicest hostels i have ever stayed in. The staff was super friendly and the rooms were immaculately clean. As I was ill, I was unable to walk to the beach, but was told by other guests that it was a short 7 minute walk. It is not the perfect location, but not far from the beach either. Satin sheets, privacy curtains, lot's of lockers, and very clean facilities! WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Staffs are very nice. Few minutes away from Karon beach. Quiet place!

The Living Room is excellent. The staff are friendly, the facilities are kept clean and the beds are comfy. I highly recommend the Living Room!

The staff was incredible! So friendly and very helpful with recommendations on points of interest. The room was always spotless (which is amazing considering all of the sand that I tracked inside, despite my best efforts not to) and was very charming. I will absolutely be staying at Karon Living Room when returning to Phuket!

most beautiful hostel I've stayed at. modern facilities. floors & ceiling are all granite or something. curtains for each bed. no window in rooms. private side entrance of the hotel. light breakfast is provided. 10 min walk to the beach. extremely friendly & helpful staff!!! found cockroaches & a large spider in the washroom but phuket is very hot so naturally. made good friends with all my roommates. beach bistro beside it is awesome!! I liked the sofas outside. free beach towel. large lockers.

This place was super clean super friendly and close to everything restaurants just down the street beach isn't far everything you need they will help you couple roaches in the shower but it's thailand so you won't really stop that overall I'd most certainly stay again

My partner and I arrived at the Karon Living Room Hotel after a long day of flights and were greeted by the lovely reception staff with an ice cold tea and were helped to our room. The room was air conditioned and super clean, beds were made every day. Just a short walk to the beach, plenty of food and shopping at your front door and a beautiful roof top garden! Would 100% reccommend!

The staffs are super nice. My bedroom was cleaned every day, and the hostel's location was also good. I rented a scooter from the hostel, and it was very cheap. Great place to stay.

The front desk staff are useless. They really need to get more English into their staff or at least teach someone how to help with tours.. Very very limited help, even to the point of they didn't know who to call for taxi to airport for my early morning flight. Luckily the young man had sense to at least call perhaps boss? Ended up booking tours with other vendors since they were of no help. I'm sure the hotel would lose out commission by not booking for me.

More like a hotel than a hostel. Rooms were spotless. Good AC and hot showers. Was not possible to have a cold shower. Would not recommend staying here. Waaaaay too fare away from nightlife. Stay in patong. Taxi from here will cost at least 300-400 to go to patong. No negotiating in the whole of Phuket!

Lovely place, very clean and tidy. Great staff who were always on hand to help. Would 100 % recommend it, and will definitely be going back again.

• 12th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Very clean, beds are very private. Close to the beach and loads of restaurants. Not very busy when I went so wasn't too atmospheric but that was the only flaw.

The place is actually fine and the staff was helpfull all the time. However, if you travel alone and hope to meet friends or fellow travellers here, perhaps its not the best place. When I was there, I was the only one staying in the male dorm, and the female dorm was empty as well. Its has the feeling of a hotel more than a hostel.