Karon Living Room Hotel

Fabulous 338 Total Reviews

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
14th Jul 2017
6.9

Place is super clean and best comfort. However, staff where very unwelcoming, google maps location is wrong so I got stranded in the middle of know where and when I called to ask them directions they were very unhelpful. Finally when I got there, I asked to book a ticket in van to krabi, initially they told me it was 700, when I went into my room a paper said it was only 450! They tried to scam me by 250! Breakfast is just stale coffee and old bread.

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2017
4.6

I booked a 4 bed female dorm to meet others, however when I arrived I was the only person staying there! The dorms are dark, cave like, with no natural light. Same for the bathrooms. I also heard, what the receptionist confirmed to me as 'rats' or 'mice' in the ceiling above. Being alone in a dark dorm listening to a family of rodents scurry above you is not fun. It also seems to cost a lot to go anywhere from this hostel. Only close to the beach but not to any tourist attractions. Disappointing

1st Jun 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was in the 4 bed male dorm. The beds were huge and the AC was cold it was amazing (you can turn off the AC if you want). The staff were very funny, helpful, and friendly.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
30th May 2017

Overall the day staff were above and beyond friendly and helpful, but the guy at night was incredibly sour. Our bed was rock hard, but they quickly found padding to solve that issue. Taking a shower leaves the entire bathroom soaked, but that is unfortunately common in the area. As is requiring the key for electricity, so nothing charges while you are out. It was definitely not right near the beach (10 min walk), but our balcony did look out on lovely rain forest filled with many bird sounds.

• India, Male, 18-24
23rd May 2017
7.7

A good value for the money. The view from the rooms is not something to write about. If u want to stay in Karon, this place would be a good deal for less expense.

11th May 2017

The staff was fantastic and the location was fantastic! However, after I had already checked in and was being shown to my room the staff alerted me there was no lock on my dorm room door. In addition the lockers were outside the room and didn't have solid doors they were more of a wire grid or design and I could fit my hand through the holes. Nothing was stolen but it still made me nervous. The entire place does have security cameras.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2017
7.7

Everything was great, quiet, clean. definitely not somewhere to go to meet people at all but if you're looking for quiet it's perfect. Close to the beach. The only down side was the lockers weren't in the room but they had a safety deposit box for every bed which was great!

• dionnefgs
  • Wales, All Female Group, 18-24
8th Apr 2017

Really nice hostel!! Security was amazing, friendly staff, breakfast was quite nice, and the beach was a 10 minute walk away, would stay again!

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
1st Apr 2017

Hotel is exceptionally clean and staff are really nice and welcoming. The food looked good though we didn't eat there. About 10mins walk to the beach. Close to restaurants.