Karon Living Room Hotel Reviews

481 Patak Rd., Muang, Phuket, Thailand

My partner and I arrived at the Karon Living Room Hotel after a long day of flights and were greeted by the lovely reception staff with an ice cold tea and were helped to our room. The room was air conditioned and super clean, beds were made every day. Just a short walk to the beach, plenty of food and shopping at your front door and a beautiful roof top garden! Would 100% reccommend!

• 22nd Mar 2015

The staffs are super nice. My bedroom was cleaned every day, and the hostel's location was also good. I rented a scooter from the hostel, and it was very cheap. Great place to stay.

The front desk staff are useless. They really need to get more English into their staff or at least teach someone how to help with tours.. Very very limited help, even to the point of they didn't know who to call for taxi to airport for my early morning flight. Luckily the young man had sense to at least call perhaps boss? Ended up booking tours with other vendors since they were of no help. I'm sure the hotel would lose out commission by not booking for me.

More like a hotel than a hostel. Rooms were spotless. Good AC and hot showers. Was not possible to have a cold shower. Would not recommend staying here. Waaaaay too fare away from nightlife. Stay in patong. Taxi from here will cost at least 300-400 to go to patong. No negotiating in the whole of Phuket!

Lovely place, very clean and tidy. Great staff who were always on hand to help. Would 100 % recommend it, and will definitely be going back again.

• 12th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Very clean, beds are very private. Close to the beach and loads of restaurants. Not very busy when I went so wasn't too atmospheric but that was the only flaw.

The place is actually fine and the staff was helpfull all the time. However, if you travel alone and hope to meet friends or fellow travellers here, perhaps its not the best place. When I was there, I was the only one staying in the male dorm, and the female dorm was empty as well. Its has the feeling of a hotel more than a hostel.

Nice hostel approx. 10 mins walking from Karon beach and 5 mins from market/restaurant/bar area. Decent WIFI in the clean rooms.

Lovely, welcoming place to stay in Karon Beach! Only a 10 minute walk from the beach itself, down a street of shops and restaurants. Right next to everything you need (including the main road), but the rooms themselves are incredibly quiet. Very friendly staff, who are always ready to help. Definitely would stay here again.

A nice hostel in Karon. Rooms are very tiny, but you have your own bed space hidden by a curtain. Good wifi, great air conditioning. Nice and close to the beach.

The staff accommodated my request to not face the street, they arranged for my taxi to the airport, they also arranged for a taxi to the big Buddha. The staff were always polite, friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean minus the ants. I had my own spacious room and bathroom. They offer many pamphlets for guests. i would stay there again. locals were familiar with this hostel

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

Really good hostel, clean and nice people!!! Fully recomend!!!!

Great place. Confortable, clean and well located.

• 20th Feb 2015

Really awesome hostel. Staff are lovely and very helpful...we arrived and they helped us with our bags, gave us tea, and then gave us a tour of the facility. 10 min walk from the beach, and a cool night life with some great bars nearby. We walked to see the Big Buddah of Phuket from the hostel, but I recommend getting the bus for 35 baht. It stops in front of the hostel, just look for the ones that say Phuket town. Dorm Rooms were very clean with comfy bed and lockers in the bunk. Would go back!

I would like to stay there here again next time I been to phuket. The stuff here is pretty pretty nice to help you and give you advice of your trip

Great hostel. No complaints. It is close enough to everything, but not too close to hear a lot of noise. A ten minute walk from the beach. Very clean and the people at the desk are the best! They are very organized and helpful. Made quite a few friends. Hope to return when I visit Phuket again.

• 15th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Karon Living Room Hotel! My friends and I stayed in the female dorms, and it was super nice! We had a free breakfast available everyday (though I would also recommend the breakfasts you can purchase from the restaurant as well!) and the staff was always super helpful and very, very kind- even 2am in the morning! =) What's more, I forgot a bag there- and they were kind enough to contact me and let me know they would send it back to me! A very lovely place!

• 1st Jan 2015

I would completely recommend this hostel to EVERYONE! I would only go back to phuket for this hostel. We were here for Christmas Day and they had a free dinner where they taught us how to make Som Tom, free beer, and a variety of free food. They also got us deals for tours! The facilities are excellent! The beds have big lockers right in the bunk! Definitely stay here!

The staff were so friendly and helpful. They helped us get discounts for excursions and helped us get a discount to go to phi phi. We stayed in the female dorm and felt safe and secure. The bathroom and shower area were nice and clean.

• 24th Dec 2014

Excellent hostel with very professional and welcoming staff. I arrived and was shown to the air conditioned shared room, consisting of bunk beds. These also included curtains for additional privacy and a large storage locker in each, complete with a padlock provided. The hostel was regularly cleaned, bathroom was modern and fresh and a small continental breakfast was provided, which I found avoided the need to eat elsewhere until lunchtime. I would happily stay there again in future.