Kashiwaya Guesthouse Reviews

2-11-22 ukishima-st., matsuo, naha city, Okinawa, Japan

Raw hostel just a few minutes walk from Kokusai street, the main road in Naha. Free wifi, air conditioning, showers. Credit card accepted. Only one member of the staff speaks english, but that won't be a problem! Enjoy Okinawa.

This is an old building, and it shows. i spotted cockroaches on two occasions (not in my own room, though). The air condition was more than sufficient to withstand the heat in July, but I had the impression that it would be included, which it was not (the charge wasn't outrageous, but still). Also, noise from the common rooms can be a problem at night if you're a light sleeper - I solved this using Spotify and earplugs to drown out the noise with relaxing music. Cheap single rooms, though!

Staff hold hostage ac remotes and do not let you use it. 42 degrees Celsius in a dorm was hell. 1 guy has English. Others would always be friendly and smile though. No information about anything in the area. No security. Everyone chill. If you like playing instruments you will like it the common area.

It was really hard to find. The shops nearby didn't know about the guesthouse. Fortunately I met a foreign lady quite nearby and she took me there ! My stay there was great and it was a convenient location to do all the sightseeing I wanted.

Don't except a neat place. The strength of this hostel is its relax atmosphere and staff plus its great location.

Any lockers for the room, or anywhere, but we are in Japan and people are honest, so I didn't get any problem. Close to Kokubai street, so close from all shops, restaurants and everything. Hostel looks like a squat, so for the people who like the fency thing is not a good place, but for me, I love it! For the musicians, there is instruments for free, and you can play in the living room, that is pretty nice! Anyway, for the price it's quite a good hostel for backpacker!!