Kashiwaya Guesthouse Reviews

2-11-22 ukishima-st., matsuo, naha city, Okinawa, Japan

The first impression when you get in this guest house is not the best one but once you get used to the atmosphere, it is nice! The first night I slept in the female dormitory and the second one in the mix dormitory. Beds are little bit hard but that's ok. Shower and toilet are clean. You have a common area made in tatami which is nice but people don't interact with each others. At night it was really quiet. There is a nice terrace. It's not a guest house for everyone but a great experience.

I Stayed at this Guesthouse for one night, and it was one of the worst hostels so far. - Security: There are no Locks, except one in one Toilet. Everybody could easly go in and out, and nobody would car. - Atmosphere: Most of the People have been Japanese Guys, who had been working and living there. But for foreigners it's just like. You accidently entered a japanese home. - Facilities: It has a slightly favela style.

• 16th Aug 2015

Hippie atmosphere, everyone is friendly. The place is not very clean. It is really messy. Beds are comfortable.

For the price of the rooms, you get what you pay for. It amazed me that my friend and I got a double room for just over 2000 yen in a prime location in Naha, but the place was old and falling apart. You had to pay extra for air-conditioning in your room as well as to use other amenities in the kitchen (tea, toast, etc.), that might normally be offered for free at other hostels. The place also smelled of smoke and music could be going on at all hours of the day. An average experience overall.

Hostel is located in few minutes away from a mainstreet. Was relatively easy to find. Entrance was half blocked by bicycles and scooters. First floor was filled with couches and other random junk. Floor was dirty, room was small, dust covered the walls and the beds featured a matrass that was nearly non-existent. Airconditioning was 500 yen a night. Rooftop is quite pleasant. Nice breeze to escape the heat. To bad the lamp was motion activated. Would not stay here again.

When I arrived, the staff had no record of us in their reservation schedule even though we booked via Hostelworld. He searched through his email & found a confirmation from Hostelworld & an email from myself (that was responded to) that I sent the day before with questions. He had room, so getting our private room wasn't a problem...but what if he had no room for us? The pictures on hostel world and the website are deceivingly average. It is much older, run down & smoking is allowed inside.

The furniture were outdated and seems very old... The position of bed and aircon are improper. During hot days the aircon is very much required for both beds but here only one person gets cool air while the bottom bed remains hot. The toilets do not have air refresher. The torn off sofas and un-dusted areas gives bad sight. Though the charge is less and good value for money yet there should be some more free facilities to make comfort feeling. In overall I would rate it 3 stars. Friendly staff

I just stayed 1 day , this place is very Japanese style. Very close to the Kokusai Dori. And staff lent me a bike to take around. You can be easy to go anywhere in Naha.