Kashiwaya Guesthouse Reviews

2-11-22 ukishima-st., matsuo, naha city, Okinawa, Japan

Hostel is located in few minutes away from a mainstreet. Was relatively easy to find. Entrance was half blocked by bicycles and scooters. First floor was filled with couches and other random junk. Floor was dirty, room was small, dust covered the walls and the beds featured a matrass that was nearly non-existent. Airconditioning was 500 yen a night. Rooftop is quite pleasant. Nice breeze to escape the heat. To bad the lamp was motion activated. Would not stay here again.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

When I arrived, the staff had no record of us in their reservation schedule even though we booked via Hostelworld. He searched through his email & found a confirmation from Hostelworld & an email from myself (that was responded to) that I sent the day before with questions. He had room, so getting our private room wasn't a problem...but what if he had no room for us? The pictures on hostel world and the website are deceivingly average. It is much older, run down & smoking is allowed inside.

The furniture were outdated and seems very old... The position of bed and aircon are improper. During hot days the aircon is very much required for both beds but here only one person gets cool air while the bottom bed remains hot. The toilets do not have air refresher. The torn off sofas and un-dusted areas gives bad sight. Though the charge is less and good value for money yet there should be some more free facilities to make comfort feeling. In overall I would rate it 3 stars. Friendly staff

I just stayed 1 day , this place is very Japanese style. Very close to the Kokusai Dori. And staff lent me a bike to take around. You can be easy to go anywhere in Naha.

Very smokey. Don't expect to get a good sleep unless you have ear plugs. The bunks are separated by see-through "blinds", so no privacy, and two of the nights i stayed there, my neighbour slept with her light on which kept me awake all night. People come and go as they please all night, and most nights people are up until 3 or 4 in the morning. Did not have a good experience there, as I am not partial to second-hand smoke.

• 7th Feb 2015