Katerina And John Hotel Reviews

Perissa 0, Santorini, Greece

Mate the pool was ideal! Also good sized lockers, you could store atleast 5 babies in there no bother.. But make sure to bring your own lock.

We booked this location based on the photos and the reviews given. Although I do thank John for collecting us, it's now 2am. We where told the place we booked 4 months prior was over booked. We where taken down the road to his brothers apartments. Nothing like what we had paid for. Next morning we walked up to actual hostel to then be moved further down the road to his sisters place. Santa Maria. Again bed was awful. Pots but no stovetop. Mugs no jug. Overall very disappointed.

Good value for money. Handy location. You'd need to hire quad bikes no matter where you stay on the island, so it's better to stay somewhere like here to save some money to use on a quad bike. Rooms are a little old, but it was fine for me. I would stay here again

Friendly owners, value for money

Very nice hostel

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Puerto Rico

This hostel was impossible to find, the instructions are so minimal and it isn't where the online map says it is. There is almost no signage so we ended up walking past it! The pool of was small and dirty, the rooms had aircon but where not cleaned, neither were the bathrooms. Our toilet paper was never replaced. The only good thing is that is was close to Perissa beach and right next to a quad bike and scooter hire. Other than that would not recommend.

Generally good except there was only running salt water.

• 27th Jul 2015

Cozy, simple and good location in Thira. Owner are friendly and the facilities was good.

The hostel part of the hotel was pretty filthy. The bathroom was horible, toilet seat was broken. The room I stayed in didnt have a lock on the door and the dluble bed was actually 2 singles bolted together. There was also no fan in our room it was ridiculously hot. I contemplated sleeping outside. The pool was the only good part

Katherine and John are very nice, they are doing their best with the English they have. Nice place to stay, good location close to 24 hrs bakery (not good but anyway) and a grocery store. The room was ok, but the matress was the worst I ever slept on! And I slept in 5$ a night hostel...! It seriously deserve to be burn! I tried another bed in another room and it was the same thing. They cleaned my room only 2 times on 5 days. But other than that, a nice place and they have a pool. No credit card

Nice little hostel with a lovely old lady who owns it. It's simple! A place to sleep, the amenities and s pool :) will go back as it is a no hassle hostel

Really helpful staff. We arrived really late and they were really great at showing us to our room. They also let us leave our things there before we left for our new hostel. For the price that you pay it is well worth. The pool is perfect for hot days and makes you never want to the leave the hostel. A short stroll from the beach, bars, supermarket and 24 hour bakery :)

The place has everything you need and is close to the beaches and resturaunts. John also for us to the ferry port on time even though we were running very late! I'd definitely stay again.

• 2nd Jul 2015

The beds are so inconfortable

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

For the amount of money I spent this place was the best value I've ever got for my money. They have great food options all around as well as the cheapest ATV, Scooter rentals right next door. John one of the owners even gave us a ride to the port the morning we left. If you're traveling on a budget I highly recommend this place. It was a nice stay.

John was great and gave us a free transfer to the port even though we didn't qualify!

• 20th Jun 2015

The location is convenient as it is situated right by the bus to Thira. Staff was very friendly and overall experience was good!

• 17th Jun 2015

We moved hostel to be in a closer location and this was not accurate on the hostel app. Locals couldn't even help us find it. They did help us by driving us to the port but atmosphere and facilities aren't great.

I had a positive experience at Katerina and John's. The pre-arrival communication managed by Rich was efficient and smooth, and upon arrival John was very hospitable and nice, despite having a slight language barrier. The room was clean and fully functional, with a nice big fridge and a balcony overlooking the pool. While the location isn't the best for travellers who prefer the main parts of Santorini, ie Fira and Oia, Perissa has its own peaceful and quiet charm.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Definitely good value for money. It was right near the black sand beach, had a great supermarket and bakery nearby, was near a quad bike hire that had great deals, and had busses running from right outside the door. The rooms/facilities were nothing too flash- the bathroom light was broken so we showered in pitch black, but they had aircon which was nice. Overall, definitely good value for money.