Katerina And John Hotel Reviews

Perissa 0, Santorini, Greece

Cozy, simple and good location in Thira. Owner are friendly and the facilities was good.

Katherine and John are very nice, they are doing their best with the English they have. Nice place to stay, good location close to 24 hrs bakery (not good but anyway) and a grocery store. The room was ok, but the matress was the worst I ever slept on! And I slept in 5$ a night hostel...! It seriously deserve to be burn! I tried another bed in another room and it was the same thing. They cleaned my room only 2 times on 5 days. But other than that, a nice place and they have a pool. No credit card

Nice little hostel with a lovely old lady who owns it. It's simple! A place to sleep, the amenities and s pool :) will go back as it is a no hassle hostel

Really helpful staff. We arrived really late and they were really great at showing us to our room. They also let us leave our things there before we left for our new hostel. For the price that you pay it is well worth. The pool is perfect for hot days and makes you never want to the leave the hostel. A short stroll from the beach, bars, supermarket and 24 hour bakery :)

The place has everything you need and is close to the beaches and resturaunts. John also for us to the ferry port on time even though we were running very late! I'd definitely stay again.

• 2nd Jul 2015

The beds are so inconfortable

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

For the amount of money I spent this place was the best value I've ever got for my money. They have great food options all around as well as the cheapest ATV, Scooter rentals right next door. John one of the owners even gave us a ride to the port the morning we left. If you're traveling on a budget I highly recommend this place. It was a nice stay.

John was great and gave us a free transfer to the port even though we didn't qualify!

• 20th Jun 2015

The location is convenient as it is situated right by the bus to Thira. Staff was very friendly and overall experience was good!

• 17th Jun 2015

We moved hostel to be in a closer location and this was not accurate on the hostel app. Locals couldn't even help us find it. They did help us by driving us to the port but atmosphere and facilities aren't great.

I had a positive experience at Katerina and John's. The pre-arrival communication managed by Rich was efficient and smooth, and upon arrival John was very hospitable and nice, despite having a slight language barrier. The room was clean and fully functional, with a nice big fridge and a balcony overlooking the pool. While the location isn't the best for travellers who prefer the main parts of Santorini, ie Fira and Oia, Perissa has its own peaceful and quiet charm.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Definitely good value for money. It was right near the black sand beach, had a great supermarket and bakery nearby, was near a quad bike hire that had great deals, and had busses running from right outside the door. The rooms/facilities were nothing too flash- the bathroom light was broken so we showered in pitch black, but they had aircon which was nice. Overall, definitely good value for money.

There were ever all problems about the place . There were lockers , but they didn't prevent you that you need a padlock, otherwise they are worthless. About the shuttle system, they don't have every night , so you should be prevented.there's no luggage room, but the Madame was nice and let me put my things in the reception. The mixed rooms didn't have key, so there was no security to be there. They heve a nice freezer and good place to cook inside the rooms.

It was such a great place and John and Katerina are amazing! They are super flexible and make you stay on Santorini totally great. There is a store, a 24 hour bakery, and an ATV rental shop all right next door and is in a super great location to go down to the beach!

• 6th Jun 2015

Location is out of the way, but in my opinion an ATV is needed to really explore the island anyways, so its worth it to safe the money and have a slightly longer ride. Pool is nice as well.

Everything is just basic especially the toilet. There is a few sockets in the dorm. There is a swimming pool , benches with sockets nearby in the common area. WiFi , warm water is ok.

It is easy to rent a vehicle of some sort to get to different destinations on the island and there is a nice beach within walking distance. The downside was that our room smelled musty, the beds and pillows were quite old, and the sheets and towels looked dirty from stains.

A common kitchen for the use of all tenants with a water kettle and a microwave would be a great addition to your already amazing facilities.

Very affordable. Facilities not great, room very basic but absolutely lovely staff.

The value for money was incredible. Given how cheap it was, it really wasn't that bad. However, there was really no lock on the door to the hostel or the room, and the bathrooms were not very good. It's kind of far from the center of the island but it is right near the beach and some bars. Overall pretty good for what you were paying!