Katerina And John Hotel Reviews

Perissa 0, Santorini, Greece

Hostel is good value for money. It seems a little far away from the beach but you can actually cut down a path and it's actually very close, it's also right next to the bus stop which takes you to Fira. The pool area is also nice too.

John's transfers from the port were VERY much appreciated! Our kids liked the pool! Santorini is soooo expensive so this hostel allowed us to actually go there (we are traveling around the world as family and so watching $ is important :-) Questions? Globetrottingfamily@gmail.com :-) Beach is short walk. Many little cheap restaurants around. Bus to take you to the touristy part of Santorini in front of hostle also ATV rentals! We'd stay there again if we ever get back to Santorini!!!

Even though i checked in around 7-8am, they still let me in because the room was available. The host was very kind and fixed the AC in the room when it was not plugged in. The room was a bit dirty, however its nice to have a fridge and a sink. I stayed in the 8 mixed dorm room and the bathroom didnt really lock, but it was assumed that someone is using the bathroom when it is closed. Over all with the amount you are paying, you get what you get, nothing fancy, nothing bad.

• 27th Jul 2014

Good location: close to the beach. It had two things I really appreciated: a swimming pool an a big locker. Excellent value for money.

Overall the place had a dirty feel about it. However the location was the primary pitfall as it took half an hour to get into the main town, fira. The money we saved from the hostel was not worth the amount we spent on public transport.

+ Excellent location (very close to supermarket, ATM, 24h bakery, beach) + Very helpful travel tips from the host (just follow them to the last step) + Very very friendly hosts - Smell of oil from the ATV repair shop - Very weak WiFi signal in the room

John provided free return transfers to and from the port as we booked a private double room with ensuite lovely pool good location in Perissa away from the crowded tourist areas ATV rental directly outside Johns 24 hour bakery across the road and supermarket lovely hosts wifi didnt work in the rooms only around the pool area great place to stay as a budget minded backpacker

It's really a nice place. John pick us at airport at 6am in the morning. He is so nice. There are bus stop, Co-op as well as bakery restaurant nearby, its a very convenient place to stay. Reasonable price to stay and I would come back.

Excellent value for money. Owners extremely helpful to accommodate. Transfers to and from ferry much appreciated. Hostel style accommodation at its best, even good enough for budget conscious mature couples. Some rooms can be loud as hostel is situated on intersection and rent bikes outside. Otherwise bus station right outside, which is very convenient to explore the island. 24 hr Exceptional bakery and supermarket also conveniently located. Walking distance to beautiful and comfortable beach.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

As you can probably tell from the price and other reviews, this is 100% a budget hostel - it cost me more to get there by bus than it did to stay one night. That being said, I would advise just paying for somewhere else...I was only here for one night but arrived to a gross shower, Mosquitos in the room, zero circulation but a door wide open in the dorm and stained / ripped sheets. Hosts are extremely kind and helpful, it's just an extremely cheap and budget place to subject yourself to....

Amazing stay! I want to go back! Awesome people and a great place :)

Stay here, swim in the pool, hire a quad or buggie, explore the island, eat breakfast at the bakery across the road

The hospitality of the staff is amazing and they are so helpful

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Amazing place for this amazing unbeatable price!! I still can't get over the price and have recommended it everyone I know! And it even includes a towel and sheets and has a kitchenette and fridge in the room and a free pick up from the port ! A 24 hour shop nearby ! A cheap super market further down the road ! Friendly squad bike/scooter rental service next door ! I think this price beats any deal on hostel work!! If getting to santorini wasn't so expensive I would come here every few months!

Very nice stay. Right in perissa, a two minute walk (20 sec atv ride!) to the beautiful beach. Awesome location from those who want to be away from the tourist towns, but still just a close atv ride away. Very close to a market, as bakery. No kitchen in our room. Small ant problem in our room, but not their fault and he took care of it right away.

It was a great experience. Perfect location as it is close to the beach and you really only need one day in Fira and Oia which a bus comes right in front or you can rent ATV's right beside. The room was nice. I loved the area, with the pool it was a great atmosphere. An amazing bakery right by them and the beach only 5 minute walk. Would definitely return there. Surprised how cheap it is for the quality.

It is a nice place, i'd go back, worth the price. But that's because the price was low. No normal hostel facilities, wifi didn't work, no fan or AC inside during hot summer with many people in a small room made it like sleeping in a sauna, everyone was drenched with sweat. And the host is not very accommodating with helping you get to the ferry. However, you get what you pay for - it is the cheapest place on the island, and the location is convenient.

I was bitten by a tick from the accommodation. Accommodation moisture was hard to sleep a lot. Bedding is dirty.

We had a few bug incidents but John was very understanding

• 6th Jun 2014

I booked the hostel room, so I got what I paid for there. The shower situation was a little iffy (spigot in the wall of the bathroom), but WORTH IT for such a cheap stay on such an amazing island! It's a little hostel, and so the staff is quite friendly and accommodating. There's a pool and one computer (+ shaky wifi), and the whole place is kept very clean. It's across from a grocery store & a bakery (both cheap), and just a walk down the main road to the beach. (Perissa beach). I recommend.