Katoomba Mountain Lodge Reviews

31 Lurline st, Blue Mountains, Australia

I really like this lodge and have stayed here twice now, once in a private room and this time in a dorm. It's easy to find and a great place to stay when visiting Blue Mountains. The woman who greeted us was really lovely and explained to us how she liked to spread people out in the dorms before putting people in the same one. Lovely TV room, with DVD's and nice fire.

We stayed here for two nights and had a great time! It's really cosy and warm, met interesting travelers at the common dining area. Staff are so friendly and helpful. Good place for peace and rest as it's very quiet. Right next to Katoomba'Katoomba's main street and train/bus station. Enjoy!

A hidden gem in a Katoomba . Right in the town . We had a spacious double room . Very clean and friendly suitable for all ages and families

Clean hostel and very good located :)

• 12th Jan 2016

I liked thia hostel because it is quite-perfect after a nice day in the forest. It is near to the important shops and has a nice atmosphere. Big dining room, tv room and a readinh room We got a unexpected upgrade. That was perfect:) Thanks for that!

Clean, quite, nice staff and it has a very cozy dinning and living room.

• 28th Dec 2015

Christmas Day at this hostel was wonderful. Marco, the manager, put on a feast for everyone out on the terrace. This was a thoughtful and much appreciated gift to those of us away from loved ones. Also food and the company were great! Not much to complain about in this hostel, except that the kitchen is too small for a hostel this size (uncomfortable to cook in the evening so ended up eating out). Thanks Marco for a wonderful stay :)

• 25th Dec 2015

Central and close to the train station and supermarkets. Clean facilities. Free wifi. It wasn't a great social environment and lacked atmosphere. There's a key code for the main door however, the rooms were not always locked mainly due to people in the room not locking the door.

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst doing walks in the blue mountains. Hostel reminded us of a ski cabin and was perfect for coming back to after long days of walking. The heaters were great as were the blankets provided (we were walking in thunderstorms). Staff friendly and we were upgraded. Kitchen and bathrooms were clean and all you need.

We had a good time in this hostel. Friendly staff and not loud at all. Bathrooms were clean. I would definitely stay there once again.

• 24th Oct 2015

Cleanliness was poor. Backpacker/cleaner walked around w butt crack hanging out, no shoes, looking like she hadn't showered & just rolled out of bed. Toilets & showers were awful. Mattress felt like a rock. Another staff member/caretaker was friendly enough but made inappropriate comments to me, that I could go sleep in his bed. After asking to taste my glass of wine, then continued 2 help himself 2 my glass. I went to bed & then he came in, without knocking! Moved 2 YMA hostel which is 5star!!!

This is a fake comment.

Was really nice. Everytime again.

I absolutely loved my stay here! This place has only been open 3 months. It has the feel of being away from the city and sit cozy in a mountain Lodge with a fireplace in the den. The people were so nice and friendly with each other. I will definitely come back and stay here!

this place seems to get better with every stay.. thanks again to staff for making me feel at home

Lovely relaxing peaceful place! Perfect for couples! Helpful staff!

Awesome location, rooms are pretty cute (neat, tidy, clean, but nothing apart from necessities), the kitchen, dining room and living room are good. Perfect if you want something central!

View all Blue Mountains Hostels