Kauai BeachHouse Reviews

4-1552 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaa, Kauai, Kapaa, USA

This place is run down. The bathrooms are moldy and stink. The open air room I stayed in... it rained during the night and was windy. The mist drifted directly into the room, leaving me cold and moist. And... being an open air room, I was killed by mosquitoes. There are people sleeping on the couches in the same place you register. There appear to be local transients that use this place as a regular living quarters (I will not say for sure, as I was only there for 2 days). I will not return.

Not well organized, no locker for personal stuff, only one shower with curtain, power sockets not on each bed or hard to access, nearly no hooks to hang your stuff

• 15th Feb 2014

This hostel should not be on HostelWorld. As others have said, they have all kinds of problems when you book here. For me, they didn't expect me and assumed I was a walk in, so there was some confusion when I was overcharged for a 9-bed room when I booked a smaller one. Granted, I did finally get my deposit back, and the hostel does have a nice beachfront view, so it wasn't all bad, but please save yourself the trouble and book directly with them. Otherwise prepare to deal with sub-par staff.