Kauai BeachHouse Reviews

4-1552 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaa, Kauai, Kapaa, USA

This place is run down. The bathrooms are moldy and stink. The open air room I stayed in... it rained during the night and was windy. The mist drifted directly into the room, leaving me cold and moist. And... being an open air room, I was killed by mosquitoes. There are people sleeping on the couches in the same place you register. There appear to be local transients that use this place as a regular living quarters (I will not say for sure, as I was only there for 2 days). I will not return.

Not well organized, no locker for personal stuff, only one shower with curtain, power sockets not on each bed or hard to access, nearly no hooks to hang your stuff

• 15th Feb 2014

This hostel should not be on HostelWorld. As others have said, they have all kinds of problems when you book here. For me, they didn't expect me and assumed I was a walk in, so there was some confusion when I was overcharged for a 9-bed room when I booked a smaller one. Granted, I did finally get my deposit back, and the hostel does have a nice beachfront view, so it wasn't all bad, but please save yourself the trouble and book directly with them. Otherwise prepare to deal with sub-par staff.

The Beachhouse Hostel is a nice place to. Atmosphere is fun and the staff was really nice and open to travelers. Security does hardly exist and some rooms do not even have doors as well as no lockers anywhere. If you don't mind the super open environment it is an enjoyable place directly at the beach.

We only stayed for a night but got disappointed of the check-in time which is at 5 pm!! At five we (and a few others) had to wait another 45 minutes because the lady (who just started her shift) had to do some things first. At 8 pm we got our sheets, the wi-fi was down but we did meet some nice people there. In the morning someone took our bread and salt when we were off to the restroom so we just left. Under other circumstances it might have been OK. The beds were good but wrapped in plastic.

We loved our stay at the Kauai Beach house. We just finished hiking for two days and it was a perfect place to relax and unwind. Plenty of other backpackers there as well! The location was unbeatable. We woke up looking out our window to the sunset over the ocean. I highly recommend the Kauai Beach House if you happen to be visiting Kauai!

• 29th Dec 2013

Super cool staff and a perfect paradise!! We loved the outdoor kitchen and that we could hear and see the ocean from or cosy bed! Lots of beautiful sunrises! We absolutely loved it! :D

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

I booked a four bed female dorm and was placed in a six bed mixed. This doesn't bother me much but when given a room with no door so any random person off the street can walk into my room leaves me fairly unimpressed. Even better then that asked about the lockers they're suppose to have and told "they're not up and running".. By far the most insecure hostel I've ever stayed in. Wouldn't stay there if you have anything of value you don't wanna keep on you your entire trip. But good location!

• 18th Nov 2013

I felt that the service we received at this hostel was terrible. For starters, they did not receive our reservation from hostel world, as they "only receive about half because of the internet"....how can you have terrible internet when your business depends on it?! they did very little to accommodate for their mistake, and one of my friends had to sleep in the lobby for a night, which they wanted to charge her for!! The three of us ended up sharing a king size bed, which we still paid full price

• 9th Nov 2013

They lost our reservations and made me sleep on the lobby couch. Then I had to spend one night at my friends place, because they didn't have room. When I showed up with the rest of my party, the check in time was earlier than they advertised on Hostelworld and tried to charge us a $10 inconvenience fee (after messing up our reservations w/out any discounts). Then they refused to honour my friends' $30 booking fee (even with their visa statement). And they didn't even have enough pillows. So rude

• 7th Nov 2013

If I go to Kauai again, i'm gona this hostel. And view in room is great

• 13th Sep 2013