Kayun Hostel Reviews

JL PATIH JELANTIK 176, Bali, Kuta, Indonesia

The staff is amazing, helpfull and really friendly, creating a really good atmosphere at the hostel. Close to the beach and to the party locations at kuta, is a nice stay for the good life stile of Kuta. The bathrooms were the biggest disapointment. Not only they had a strange smell, they looked kind of gross and no hot water (which is not really a problem in the warm Bali). The dorm is nice and confortable and the beds have enough separation to give you privacy and silence.

• 20th Jul 2014

Good location with breakfast included. In the heart of Kuta within walking distance to the nightclub district.

Difficult to justify paying 190k rupiah per night. PROS: Good location nice showers, plenty of toilets CONS: poor sound insulation from road traffic; wifi does not work in dorm room; air-con is weak if you are sleeping in an upper bunk; known and recurring problem with bed-bugs, we actually got evacuated during our stay due to an infestation; reception clock runs 10 min fast, and they cut off breakfast by that time, which is frustrating

The smell from the toilet was horrible. Besides that, very clean room and great staff.

Bed bugs in the mixed dorm room. Staff didn't seem too concerned about it either. All they did was spray the mattress. I told the front desk and they said that they sprayed for bugs daily, but obviously this isn't enough. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• 11th Jul 2014

Could be nice, location is ok and common area is ok. However, many people in dorm room 1 experienced bed bugs, and they just 'cleaned' the room and offered to wash the laundry. They should get rid of the mattresses and take the problem seriously instead.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I know it's a big mar on a hostel's reputation if this word is tossed around, but I have to be honest: Bedbugs. My friend and I got bedbugs staying in the big dorm. However, I know this isn't really the hostel's fault as bedbugs have nothing to do with cleanliness, they're brought in by travelers. The hostel washed every piece of clothing we owned for free and moved us to a private room- no more bugs! Also Kayun is in a pretty great location and the pool is beautiful. Not a bad place to be!

There were bed bugs in the mixed dorm. Staff didn't seem to concerned about it, but did give me a refund for my remaining nights.

BED BUGS!!!! This hostel needs a really good cleaning as there were bed bugs in nearly every bed in the mixed dorm! Facilities also weren't that great as some shower heads either didn't work or had very poor water pressure. Dorm room was also very stuffy as there wasn't a window that could be opened clearly (especially after the staff cleaned the beds with the bug repellent). Breakfast is very good however... BED BUGS were a major negative and effected the quality of our stay overall

I've been travelling SE Asia for three months, and this is the best hostel I have stayed at my entire trip. It is well-priced (by Singapore standards), clean, and spacious. The rooms were great, with good-sized beds, a comfy blanket and pillow, and individual lights, electrical outlets, and lockers. The hostel itself has a great vibe, compared to a lot of hostels that just feel like a collection of bunk beds in a room. Located above a hip coffee shop, nice rooftop lounge, and breakfast till 10p!

I ended up coming back here for a second time towards the end of my trip. Great location and starting point for those looking to meet other people to see the rest of Bali with. Bed's were very well equipped with a light and a charging port. Great stay overall.

• 21st Jun 2014

Kayun was in a good spot close to the beach and easy to walk to the market and food from. The bathrooms weren't great but the rooms felt clean, modern and secure. The lockers were pretty large. It's a bit expensive but i actually stayed here twice. I would stay again.

Nice hostel, showers lost pressure at times and the pool was nice to sit by but a bit sandy in the bottom, located just off the main party road as you walk along you'll find plenty of places for food and drinks

• 17th Jun 2014

The hostel seemed nice the first night that we were there. Except when we woke up the next morning to find out that some travelers in our dorm had bed bugs. We had to evacuate the dorm and it was a little complicated at first. We ended up in a private room of 4, so we got that going on for us. It just wasn't nice to worry about the bed bugs that seemed to be there for a while... A great option for a night or two but not longer. Try to book the private rooms if you can.

Rooms quite dark and dingey, showers weren't the best either but staff were extremely helpful

This hostel was awesome. Great aircon in large, spacious rooms. The friendly front desk staff is very helpful in planning tours and other various activities (particularly helpful when I locked myself out of my room in the middle of the night). The pool, bar, and common areas are great places to chill and meet people. In the middle of dozens of shops, restaurants, bars, convenience stores, etc. A ten plus minute walk to the beach, but there's so much more to do in Bali than just go to the beach.

Very dirty hostel...many rooms had bed bugs during our stay, we got them too, my girlfriend was bitten multiple times. Problems with the toilets, ours was leaking dirty water all over the bathroom, they fixed it after two requests but never got rid of the stink. Shared toilets downstairs sometimes didn't flush. There were signs around the pool warning of rashes, burning and itching, I never saw anyone swim in one week. Nice staff and common area, but way too many problems to recommend.

Asked for a key at yhe beggining, didnt give me one saying that the door of the dorm qas always open. Toilets are dirty, shower dont have enough pressure and you run out of water. Staff wont help you with ideas os where to eat or what to do. The thing is is not that bad, average, but its price is way over rated!!

Quite nice breakfasts. Decent facilities for cost of room. Staff reasonably friendly

• 7th Jun 2014