Kayun Hostel Reviews

JL PATIH JELANTIK 176, Bali, Kuta, Indonesia

Excellent location - good pool

• 2nd Apr 2014

The rooms resemble prison cells. They are very hot and humid. Ours smelled of the drainage pipes. When we arrived to check in, the 2 members of staff at reception didn't understand that we had already booked online and paid a deposit - but then found they had already printed our booking out. Breakfast was good. We only stayed for 1 night before heading to Gili Islands - it did the job.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Great facilities, great staff, the double room has all you need, just a small closet missing. And great breakfast!

I loved this hostel. Okay, so they need to be actively cleaning the bathroom area but overall, I had a great experience. Loved the fact that it had a pool and you can actually watch the stars at night if you relax in one of the pool chairs. Loved the breakfast also and staff was more than willing to help. Would stay here again!

I stayed at this hostel twice, once in a dorm and then in a double room. It's a great place to meet people, especially a mixed dorm, which has 16 beds but it's spacious and you still feel like you have your own space. Very good showers! They have an awesome pool! Very good location, close to the beach and the main 'party' street. The double bedroom was awesome, great bed and shower! Staff also very friendly, helpful and lovely - many thanks! I'd definitely stay here again!

room was spacious , nice swimming pool but i came in low season and there was not much of people there

I really enjoyed my stay at Kayun. The room was refrigerated and actually a little too cold but they turned it off when we asked. Short walk from the beach. Friendly staff. Delicious breakfast included. Nice pool. My only complaint is that they're was no kitchen for us to use.

Good free wifi, helpful staff, good 24 hour security. I was impressed by the facility itself: the dorms are very well built and surprisingly private with concrete barriers between you and the other guests; the showers were also spacious without a crowd or a rush at the end of the day and hot water when I was there. Not much of a social scene but YMMV. A bit of a walk to the beach but it did seem safe at night and Kuta is a big place. I was happy to have stayed there and I do recommend it.

Fantastic place, bunks are great, atmosphere is v friendly... and the staff are lovely

Very good hostel near Kuta beach, and the beds were really comfortable. Air conditioning was a definite plus, and the large collections of DVDs in the common area was good.

Very friendly and helpful staff, which you can count on to arrange tickets, know more about destinations etc. Free breakfast (the omelette was tasty, I should say), spacious beds with bedlights and the air conditioner works properly. :) Very clean bathrooms and great location, very close to the J.L Legian, where most pubs and restaurants are located.

great place to meet people! 5 min walk from all the parties!! the swimming pool is amazing!! i had a great time!!

Kayun is a nice hostel. Modern, clean and cool. They have a pool, but no one used it when I was there. The Kayun staff were pretty nice and helpful. The atmosphere sucked, I don't think it was Kayuns fault, just the people that were there were clicky and kept to themselves. The WIFI was horrible. So dodgy and in and out. The food they offered was good but over priced. The free breaky was nice.

Amazing stay, so social and great facilities, bunks were amazing too.... would go back anytime, staff were lovely and security really look after you!

Liked this hostel but the wifi just never seemed to work. It's only a 10 minute walk from the beach so not a bad location. Picked up a surfing injury and staff were very helpful and supplied an ice bag to keep swelling down. Nice tv area to chill out but with the noise of the road it gets a bit annoying. Food here is nice but a bit expensive..

This hostel is great, I loved stayin here and would defiantly stay again. The staff where amazing and the free breakfast was lovely. Banana pancakes! The pool looked a little dirty but you don't need a pool when there is a beach on your door step. Lovely 16 bed dorm with aircon and secure draws to keep your valuables in. Showers also really good. Big thanks to Amy!

Excellent stay! I had such a good time and met a lot of new friends! Amy in the reception was a really great girl, allways happy and helped out with everything you needed! :) I strongly recommend this place to anyone traveling! Pool, cheap beer, fast wifi, good food, nice AC dorms - all you need!!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

A very good hostel, with great staff

This place was great! I had so Much fun while Staying here! Good location near Legian street. The girls dorm room was clean And comfortable. Breakfast was fine, too. Only problem was that the Wifi did not work while I was staying.

Good hostel with reasonable price. Only problem was that wifi worked only casually.Location is excellent for Kuta/Legian area. I would recommend this hostel to my friends!