Kayun Hostel Reviews

JL PATIH JELANTIK 176, Bali, Kuta, Indonesia

Dorms were noisy with street noise, but comfortable. The common area is quite social and becomes quite loud between 9-12 as everyone predrinks before they head out for the night. This is nothing against the hostel, just know it is a party environment. Bathrooms smelled a bit, but were nice showers. Staff were very friendly and helpful, however we were quite misinformed about the duration of our trip to Kuta Lombok: we were informed it would be a 4-5 hour trip but was more like 8. Decent overall.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Nice place which isnt perfect but I would definitly staying there again!

The floors were unbelievably dirty and there were blood stains on the sheets.

• 14th Jul 2015

Good hostel! Big lockers and curtains on bed

Overall a great little hostel, helpful staff and a good vibe. If you want to be closer to the main parties on Legian though, I'd recommend staying at their other place "Kayun Downtown".

Well, everything was good except the fact that the mixed dorm room is located next to the main street, so it's noisy. The room's temperature is little bit hot, maybe add some fans is good idea. Free breakfast with several choices is a plus! Staffs were good and the location is more calm ratter than poppies area.

Never saw anyone cleaning and there were clothes and bottles in the room that I suspect had been there for weeks as no one else was in the room with me at one point. Dirty with rats. Location good but don't walk alone at night. Drinks on board and bar advertised but nothing available! Only beer

Great place to stay with a nice bathroom (4 person room) and a great pool! 10-15 min walk from the beach and not far from the bars and clubs either. Would definitely come back here!

We really enjoyed our stay at Kuta Hostel. The staff were helpful and warned you to be careful of your bags etc. and they booked us transport to Ubud and then Gili T which was the cheapest we could find. The hostel was very clean and has a lovely pool and does a great (free) breakfast with lots of choice and free tea and coffee 24/7. It's located near the strip and beach, but far enough away to sleep without the noise. It was cheap and we had a 2 bed room (cheaper than dorm) with ensuite and tv!

Really trendy hostel that looked European, so strange to see it in Kuta. Only stayed one night in the dorm, but was peaceful and clean so it served it's purpose well.

overall the hostel are awesome especially the hospitality of their staff. some suggestion that might be make this hostel more preferable :- 1) suspension for dry out the clothes since the toilet have empty space. 2) wifi in the room - outside room which corridor got plenty of mosquito.

Perfect location not in the middle of the craziness but not far from it either. Great hostel, good place to meet people!

Pretty solid spot in Kuta. It has a nice pool but I never saw many people using it. The included breakfast is really good. I usually got pancakes and guava juice. The internet was pretty fast. The beds in the dorms were really nice. Way nicer than average I'd say. Location, right off of Legian street but a good walk to the bigger bars like Skygarden (I'd say 10-15mins). Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. Definitely go to the warung (small restaurant) directly across from the hostel. Cheap & good.

nice and clean place to stay, great pool area. legian street around the corner

Great value for money, breakfast, swimming pool and localization. They also offer a cheap transfer to the airport. The only suggestion I would make is to tell the staff (males) to knock on the door or just say "Can I come in?" before they entry the female dorm.

The hostel is pretty loud. The air conditioning don't manage to keep the room cold. Otherwise it's OK!

Nice hostel, great staff and the pool is pretty cool, too. Downside would be that the aircon doesn't cool down the whole room because of it's "L"- shape, so if your at the beginning of the room you'll still sweat because the aircon is on the other end. I'd say one AC is not enough for the size of the room. Also the deposit of 150k is kind of a lot. But beside that it's a great place to be!

So great in all the ways, except that any kind of noise curfew doesn't exist. Great pool, a little away from all the action but still within walking distance and the free breakfasts are yummy. Plus unlimited tea and coffee, and the beds are comfortable and secure.

Good breakfast. Nice private beds. Staff very helpful. Return ticket to gili 600,000.

Really chilled hostel.