Kayun Hostel Reviews

JL PATIH JELANTIK 176, Bali, Kuta, Indonesia

Everything was amazing about Kayuns, be it free coffee, staff or the most amazing people i met there. The beds are pretty comfortable and the rooms are awesome. The hostel has an amazing atmosphere and its right ok kuta legian street.

Cool place, chilled and far away enough away from the mayhem of Kuta. Yet close enough for day trips to places like Ubud. Staff are friendly and kind, they do their best. Sometimes hard to convey things but they really try. They will even go and pick you up food or drinks for a tip. 7.5 out of 10.

Free breakfast wasn't free anymore, even when the website still showed free breakfast. Wifi only worked in the common areas. It was not a good hostel to meet other people. Everybody did their own thing, not a good atmosphere. Cold showers. I wouldn't go there again. Only the pool was really nice.

The location of this hostel made Kuta very accessible. The staff were very helpful and super friendly. I stayed in the private twin ensure room and my only negative thing to note is the smell in the room. I think it is from the pipes, nothing to do with cleanliness, but someone tried to cover it up with an air freshener that goes off automatically every 15 minutes or so. The smell of the air freshener mixed with the water smell made me sick. Other than that detail, the room was nice.

• 31st Dec 2015

Great hostel to stay at over New Years. Close to the party and the Main Street but also quieter than the other hostels I stayed at. The staff were really nice and helpful and the pool was 10/10

• 30th Dec 2015

friendly stuff. not far away from the center and nice rooms with aircon, own bathroom. breakfast was pretty good too. definitely worth the money.

• 29th Dec 2015

The staff are very friendly and incredibly helpful! It's downtown making it quick and easy access to the beach, shops, restaurants, atms, ect. A nice hostel for a cheap price!

• 18th Nov 2015

Standard hostel... I switched from a dorm to a private room with A/C. Common area was nice-- def. a young person's hostel.

The hostel itself was really good value for money, including breakfast and a pool. However, the staff really let this hostel down. Not only did they steal my key deposit, despite returning the key with no issues, but they had a general poor attitude and accused my friend of stealing from me.

Such a great hostel. The staff is friendly, the facilities are awesome...WIFI is pretty good! They also Bintangs here for you beer lovers. I will definitely stay at this hostel next time I'm in Kuta.

decided to book another night which I paid for. didn't get a receipt he said it was his copy. I said to one of the lady's if I could have late checkout on last day she said was fine. I asked if she needed my name she said she can make a note which she didn't while I was there but said was fine. when I checked out they said I hadn't paid my extra day+ no late check was agreed+made me pay more.i was very angry at this,showed no consideration and I had a flight that night+ very unhelpful

The rooms have a funny smell, not from other backpackers, Its the water from the faucet (not clean) Almost stepped on a rat walking into my room. you can only access the wifi in the common area. The private room was ok but you can get a better room in a hotel for a cheaper price.

I am very sorry but I this was the worst experience I had in hostels. The area of my room was pervaded with an incredible smell: some toilets / canalisation not working, I don't know -- the smell was so untolerable that I left the place after only one terrible night and went to a normal hotel for the same price. I refused to accept another room, it was a non sense. BTW: no towels. And the room was without finery: the floor and the walls gray and unfinished like a jail.

The place is so nice and the team is very social. The place is kijd of far from the principal things to do, but un the very middle of everything so it is better to rent a scooter, which you can do there for a good price. since the commune room is small it would be nice if people dont smoke inside, because i dont smoke abd it was hard for me to stay in the room to make conversation because of the smoke...but except for that the ambiance was super and the proprios are awesome. I really like my sta

• 8th Oct 2015

It is a really social hostel to meet people. It is a bit dark and dirty but the location is quite good.

Love this hostel!! My third time staying here in the past 6 months! Such a fab location to walk to the beach, shops, restaurants or into Kuta. Its such a sociable hostel with a lovely pool and yummy breakfast! The staff here are so AMAZING, especially Noval and the lovely ladies on reception. Would recommend this hostel to everyone especially if your a solo traveller you should stay in the mixed dorm and you'll instantly meet fab people! I miss it already! Thankyou Kayun Hostel xx Charlotte

It's a decent hostel, but considering you can get a better room at a hotel for a similar price it's not a lot of value for money.

A good hostel with a nice common area and pool, but I much prefer the Kayun Downtown Hostel, closer to the action and way nicer rooms.

This place is close to beach and convenient for shopping and going out. The room is ok but no warm shower all day and no wifi at second floor. The wifi at first floor works well. The area of pool is nice. People are friendly

Lockers were really spacious and accessible, the location was ideal as it was just off of the main strip; the staff were always on duty and friendly as well as helpful; the atmosphere was good but not as sociable as you'd expect a hostel to be, the cleanliness could have been better but it was pretty standard for a hostel; we were told on several occasions by people not in our hostel that were paying alt for kuta standards but it was good value in my opinion.

• 2nd Sep 2015