Kayun Hostel Reviews

JL PATIH JELANTIK 176, Bali, Kuta, Indonesia

nice hostels, good to meet people, few breakfast choices 15 minutes walk to the beach, heaps of shops near by you might should say that the dorm has no windows, but really nice seperated beds with curtain, powerpoint and light and aircon!

• 7th Nov 2014

There was a slight hiccup with the booking, but overall pleasantly surprised and had a great stay

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Staff lovely, pool and breakfast nice. Room clean but very small. Shower barely worked and there was a constant smell of drains coming from the bathroom. Kayun downtown was much better located.

Good breakfast. More than just white bread with jam. No wifi in the rooms despite their claims. Staff were not very knowledgeable about booking tours.

The hostel was ok, the private room was a lot smaller than those showed on the website. The receptionist recommended us a tour guide different form the one advertised inside the hostel - it was a trap, the guy was just a driver and he refused to tour us, he took us to terrible places - in the end we just lost a day in Bali.

Our room had a very bad case of BED BUGS. We woke up in the morning and saw several bed bugs, and my friend and I had bites all over our bodies. After bringing a bug to the reception desk, they did offer to launder all of our belongings, which was appreciated, but they didn't offer a refund. I believe our room wasn't the only room with an infestation. Otherwise staff was great. I wouldn't chance getting bed bugs though!

The room for two, looked a lot bigger then in the photos. Our safe in the room didn't work with a code, so we had to carry the key around with us. The room our friends were in smelt bad, and it wasn't my friends. It would be fine, if you were 18 male, and didn't want to leave Kuta. I ended staying in a Vila/hotel in Umalas which was 10 times better and even cheaper.

Kayun is a good hostel, staff helpful, private and comfortable bunks in the dorms, free breakfast and a pool! No complaints! I just felt the price was quite high compared to what I have paid in the rest of Asia, however would definitely recommend.

Really nice hostel, kind and helpful staff, I liked the beds of the dorm room very much, it has a nice foot locker, a small handy little shelf beside your bed to put some stuff on, a perfect mellow light for each bed, and an electricity outlet for each bed. The bed-frames are made of concrete so there is completely no cracking sound or movement when the top person is going to bed :) Good for meeting people and go out with to legian street. The epicenter of legian street is a 10 mim walk :D

• 25th Aug 2014

Stayed in a private room and it smelled so bad. It's not a great place for making new friends. I wouldn't stay there again

• 19th Aug 2014

Really nice hostel. Good value for money and fairly social. Its far away from the clubs that its quiet at night, but still very close to walk. Would recommend

Staff seemed preoccupied by the computer. Checking in was actually difficult. The taximan was helpful, other not so much. You'll find wonderful examples of balinese friendlyness and good value elsewere.

One female member of staff particularly unfriendly. Pool nice, little sun trap. Computer in reception good. Our twin room had a really bad odour, masked with air freshener attached to the wall which automatically sprayed every now and again, but this just made it worse, got to my throat and was really unpleasant. Rooms very dark but fairly clean. Not bad for a couple of nights sleep if you're hitting the bars/beach but there are much nicer places with private rooms for the same price.

• 5th Aug 2014

location is ok, in a bit quieter area compared to the other kayun hostel downtown, though its a 5 minutes walk to Skygarden. The place was clean and the staff were helpful.

Staff was great. We did not like Kuta Bali at all...none of the reasons being this hostel. Only complaint is the weird smell...they had automatic air fresheners in the room...that same you would find in a bathroom.

Very nice place to stay with great atmosphere, warm water and very friendly staff. Good food, Quiet calm place in a very busy city. Location is very close to the city center. Everything is available by food, beach about 10 to 15 min to walk. Rooms are very clean.

The staff was average. The accomodations were average, bathrooms were in pretty poor shape. But the atmosphere and the other backpackers here made my stay worth it.

• 29th Jul 2014

It was a great hostel. Never expected for such low price to get such good facilities. The only problem was that one of the people at the reception (a guy) was trying to flirt with me and I'm also a guy...

• 28th Jul 2014

Sadly only one shower was fully working, one other worked, but the lights didn't. Otherwise great location, free coffee, breakfast included, very nice dorms

Nice hostel, just off the main drag, close to beach,bars,restaurants etc

« first « Prev 1 2 3