Kayun Hostel Reviews

JL PATIH JELANTIK 176, Bali, Kuta, Indonesia

Perfect location not in the middle of the craziness but not far from it either. Great hostel, good place to meet people!

Great value for money, breakfast, swimming pool and localization. They also offer a cheap transfer to the airport. The only suggestion I would make is to tell the staff (males) to knock on the door or just say "Can I come in?" before they entry the female dorm.

The hostel is pretty loud. The air conditioning don't manage to keep the room cold. Otherwise it's OK!

Nice hostel, great staff and the pool is pretty cool, too. Downside would be that the aircon doesn't cool down the whole room because of it's "L"- shape, so if your at the beginning of the room you'll still sweat because the aircon is on the other end. I'd say one AC is not enough for the size of the room. Also the deposit of 150k is kind of a lot. But beside that it's a great place to be!

So great in all the ways, except that any kind of noise curfew doesn't exist. Great pool, a little away from all the action but still within walking distance and the free breakfasts are yummy. Plus unlimited tea and coffee, and the beds are comfortable and secure.

Good breakfast. Nice private beds. Staff very helpful. Return ticket to gili 600,000.

Really chilled hostel.

• 10th Apr 2015

I don't knew where to start: staff's English sometime terrible, room not available upon arrival so they made us pay to get an upgrade, toilet stinks, there was a used condom in the shower, the tour they booked was just a guy they knew who needed money so drove us around, they didn't tell us the shuttle to Ubud was full when we booked it so had to wait 4 hours for nothing, next to busy street so quite loud (although it's expected for SE Asia). So quite a bad experience; would recommend this place

Great hostel. Nice dorm rooms, clean bathrooms, great hang out area with to. Amazing free breakfast (omelette,pancake etc cooked fresh) good location and wifi everywhere. Definitely recomended. Only bad point would be 150k key deposit

Act like a wasteman that's not me

Good hostel, amazing staff and easy to meet people. Clean, comfortable and privet beds (like capsules). Big lockers, nice swimming pool, Excellent place!

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Great hostel, convenient location, awesome staff

• 14th Feb 2015

Ok, I wanted to book the Kayun hostel as friends of mine recommended it, however I was not aware that there were two Kayun hostels in Kuta. Apparently there is a Downtown one as well which was the one I wanted to book. This hostel is just about 10 min walk further up the road which is still ok but the downtown one is right in the city centre. There were not so many people around so the atmosphere wasn't that great. Overall I would say average and I wouldn't go back, I would go to Kayun Downtown.

Really nice place, you get your own light, plug pointpoint, locker and curtain across the bed Comfy beds. Was o ly here one night but was a pleasant stay

We stayed in a privet room and it was an Okey room. A big bed, one toilet and a shower. Not much but it was clean. The breakfast was good though! Maybe a poor fruit salad, but banana pancakes was super!

We had a great stay at kayun. The staff were brilliant and the value for money meant we could enjoy our trip that much more. It's still a hostel, and it's still Bali so the usual issues arose (geckos can be loud at night etc) however our stay was comfortable and all the amenities were available. A broken tap in our room was attended to as soon as we reported it and we had no further issues. I would definitely stay at kayun hostel again.

Good hostel close to the main strip of legion private rooms are good so if two of you are together you can get a private for not much more than a dorm

Probably the bes the hostel I stayed at in all of south east asia! Awesome atmosphere, great facilities and great staff who genuinly want to be safe and have a greag time in Bali.

An alright hostel, with a nice pool, the location is good just a short walk to everything. We stayed in a dorm which smelled a bit wierd bit nothing elses to complain about ! An average hostel but you could get much better for the same price!

Hostel was pretty good met loads of cool people while there over NYE. The only thing i can really say bad about this place is there was no hot water. Apart from that I would recomend it.

• 29th Dec 2014