Kaza Rio Reviews

R. Haddock Lobo, 23 - 3 floor, Estacio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

it was insanely disappointing to discover that a common area/rooftop closes at 10pm! as a result there's NO place to 'socialize' in the evening... besides your room which in my case was very small and dark. location is BAD. there's nothing exciting around. it's a very non-touristy, rough part of río... if you're looking for an authentic experience of the REAL río, away from copacabana crowd - this hostel will provide it. not bad but for adventerous backpackers only!

We are TRULY sorry that you feel this way about our lovely place. As we advertise it is a place for those people who wanna see REAL Rio, beyond the post cards and one of the most safe areas in town. The touristics places are easily reached by metro or bus less than 2' walk from our building. We are also sorry that you missed our lovely TV room that is open 24/7 where people can meet and play. We will work harder to make sure that our guests get the proper information about what to do around.

Crear help! Loved it

excellent stay. everything was perfect except the bathroom mats which are in terrible condition (stains etc) and need urgent replacing.

Thanks for your stay! We are very glad that you had a good time with us!

Sometimes getting to the WC in the morning could be a problem - one morning only one was working, and occupied, I guess it was because of too few guests at that moment, but still, I had to "hold" :)

Hi there, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry that you had to "hold" but we do have 5 bathrooms available for our guests in different floors, maybe you didn't noticed but I'll make sure to get better signs! Cheers

I booked at KazaRio for 1 night and i decided to stay much longer...I loved the place and It's called "Casa" for a reason. This is the best place if you want to discover Rio at 360 degrees and not being the usual tourist in the city. The location, away from the crowd of tourists, it is great as it is few steps form the Metro and bus stops. you have the opportunity to see real Cariocas and not just tourists as when I stayed around Ipanema and Copacabana. but you can get to the beaches in 15 mins

• 9th Apr 2015

Ahh we are very glad that you realized our goal to show a real Rio and a welsoming stay! Reviews like this let us so pround! Many thanks!

When u stay in a place like this u fell home! Near the metro and easy to find.

• 8th Apr 2015

Thanks for your stay, we are very glad that you had a good time with us! =)

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels