Kaza Rio Reviews

R. Haddock Lobo, 23 - 3 floor, Estacio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It was a wonderful time there in Kaza Rio, the staff was so kind. I loved the environment and enjoyed the time with the another guests. The price is good, and is close to the subway station, so you can go to a lot of places in Rio, there are too restaurants and markets close to the hostel. I loved my time there. I hope see you again guys!

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Colombia

We are very glad that you had a wonderful time with us! See you soon! =)

Security was amazing within the hostel, however the staff were quite annoying not letting anyone actually entering the hostel. The staff members were not particularly nice or helpful. The location is near the metro station which is convienent however you don't want to catch it from around that area as it quite unsafe, 2 girls had their bag snatched even during daylight. The atmosphere was quite dim and the reception is really annoying with opening times. Only bonus is decent showers were ok.

Hi Oliver,we are very sad to know that your experiece wasn´t good enought. For someone who stayed one night with us after visiting the place specially. But seems that you misheard what happened with the girls who had their bags snatched in Santa Teresa a different neighborhood. We take very serious the security and don't alow strangers in the rooms, you might be upset when you were a visitor, but as a guest I´m sure you appreciated. Cheers

Nice hostel with clean rooms and great value for money. The only problem is that if you leave a legitimate review with constructive criticism, (for example, that many policies are strict to the point of inconvenience) the management leaves a passive aggressive comment attempting to undermine the reviewer. Nice staff. Also they made us pay for more drinks than we had. :(

Hi Lydia, thanks for your stay and review, we are glad that you had a good stay. We take the critics and value each one always valuing the the truth and facts after all we can learn and improve everyday offering a better service. About the rules, once more we apologize but we are very strict with our guests security and it's not allowed people that it's not our guests in the rooms. About the extra drink we believe that was no mistake since we checked a few times, but when you come back I'll give you free caips! =)

I have stayed in many hostels and what was different about Kaza Rio is I was able to meet so many people actually from the country and not just other backpackers. Stay at Kaza Rio if you want the local experience and to see a different side of Rio and Brazil. When I first arrived in Rio I planned on staying for 2 weeks. Due to the amazing staff and other guests I met at Kaza Rio I ended up staying for 4 weeks! Every time it was time to checkout, I kept extending my stay.

Thanks For your comments! We are very glad that you had a nice stay! =)

Amazing hostel and great people! Some of the nicest people I've ever met while traveling work here. They'll take care of you and make sure you have a great time in the awesome city of Rio. Also, the hostel itself is comfortable, clean, well-taken care of, and well-run. Everything you could want, cannot recommend it enough!

We are glad that you had an amazing time! Hope to see you again! Cheers!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels