Kaza Rio Reviews

R. Haddock Lobo, 23 - 3 floor, Estacio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

excellent stay. everything was perfect except the bathroom mats which are in terrible condition (stains etc) and need urgent replacing.

Sometimes getting to the WC in the morning could be a problem - one morning only one was working, and occupied, I guess it was because of too few guests at that moment, but still, I had to "hold" :)

I booked at KazaRio for 1 night and i decided to stay much longer...I loved the place and It's called "Casa" for a reason. This is the best place if you want to discover Rio at 360 degrees and not being the usual tourist in the city. The location, away from the crowd of tourists, it is great as it is few steps form the Metro and bus stops. you have the opportunity to see real Cariocas and not just tourists as when I stayed around Ipanema and Copacabana. but you can get to the beaches in 15 mins

• 9th Apr 2015

When u stay in a place like this u fell home! Near the metro and easy to find.

• 8th Apr 2015

Good located hostel, near the metro. The staff was friendly. Wifi was good. Bedroom was great + aircon.

We are very glad you had a good experience with us!

staff were really great.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Jadence

Great hostel, everything is super clean and the security is really good as they use a key-password system to get , even tough the 6 room people is quite small, the common areas are comfty and the atmosphere is great. The location is not the best , but you have metro, supermarket and Atm less than 5 minutes walking.the best part was definitely the staff , they are really cool people; Specially Laura who is really warm and helpful and Davide who makes the best caipirinhas. Thanks a lot!

We are very glad that you enjoyed your time with us!

There could have been a bigger kitchen, but it was sufficient :-)

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Hi, thanks for your review! As you can see on our facilities we even don't say that we have a kitchen, but we do offer a way for our guests to cook, but I'm very glad to say that we are working on a space for our guests to cook! =)

Not much around the area. I'd recommend staying closer to the beaches if possible. Had a fairly unpleasant check in experience as I had just arrived to Rio via overnight bus from Sao Paulo and wanted to get to the hostel to at least drop off my bag. Email stated reception would be open from 8AM but I was left ringing the doorbell until someone finally came to the door around 8:45 to let me in. I waited in common area until 11 AM after the morning rush for someone to finally help me out.

Thanks for your review, we are truly sorry for your unpleasant experience with our staff we will work better with them for cases like this don't happen again. Our check-in time is at 1pm, so unfortunately sometimes we can't accommodate our guests before that time. Once more we apologize for your experience and will work hard to imrpove.

Nice little hostel, the location is 'real Rio' - it's nothing special, but much better than the tourist areas of Copacabana and Ipanema. It's right next to the metro, which is handy, as it's quite far from the beach. Good value for money as it's quite cheap

The hostel is highly secured with eletronic passwords on the outside doors. They give you the numbers and you get in whenever you want, even when there are no one from the staff at the reception. I picked a twin bedroom and we had no private bathroom but the ones available on the corridor were very clean. The room was a bit hot. Rio can be hot as hell during summer and we had no AC, only one fan. Kaza Rio is close to Lapa, Santos Dumont Airport and Maracanã. Far from Copacabana and Ipanema.

Hi there, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! =)

Really enjoyed our stay at Kaza Rio, the staff were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great and the room and bathrooms were really clean. In terms of location there isn't really anything (other than a bank and supermarket) nearby but there is a bus stop right outside that takes you to Lapa in 15 minutes and the metro is a 5 minute walk away and you can get all over Rio really easily so it is perfect if you want to explore like we did. Would definitely stay again next time I visit!

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts