Kelly's Courtyard

• No. 25, Xiaoyuan Hutong of Bingmasi Hutong, Xidan North Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
9.5
Superb 595 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 595 Total Reviews
Kelly's Courtyard Located at No. 25, Xiaoyuan Hutong of Bingmasi Hutong, Xidan North Street, Xicheng District, Beijing.
China
Beijing 100034 No. 25, Xiaoyuan Hutong of Bingmasi Hutong, Xidan North Street, Xicheng District
95% 595
39.9196604 116.3710069
    Rooms available

• Sweden, Couple, 25-30
14th May 2016

We stayed at Kelly's for 3 nights in May. It was in a nice area of Beijing with coffeshops and really close to the subway, just a few stops to the Lake/Bell towers or to the forbidden city. Not easy to find but not too complicated when using maps, and especially not when arriving by taxi and showing the written chinese instructions we got by email. The manager was really friendly and helpful. Lovely little courtyard and terrace. Not very soundproof but all guests were pleasant and we slept well.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
28th Apr 2016

Stayed 3 nights here and would have loved to stay longer. Unique, cosy atmosphere. Marc was a terrific host full of good advice and support. Place was superbly run. The light covered Courtyard space was great place to Connect with other travellers and I met some wonderful people whilst there.. Location was terrific. Will be back:)

• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
12th Apr 2016

Very nicely located courtyard hotel in one of Beijing's few remaining hutongs - although this one sees hardly any tourists -was my impression- other than those staying at Kelly's. Very good common room & rooftop upstairs as well. Close to subway station & sights of interest, although I stayed there for work. Breakfast could be better - limited, 'Western' (although at home our breakfast look very differently) and mostly sweet things which I can't eat, so I went for my own breakfast.

8th Apr 2016

Mark the manager was extremely friendly. I had numerous problems with my flights and Mark always returned my email quickly about changing my plans. I would definitely stay here again.

• USA, Female, 41+
25th Mar 2016

Everything was wonderful during our 2-night stay. Mark had acknowledged the email letting him know we would be arriving late evening and greeted us at the door. The hostel is a short walk from the road where the taxi could go, yet the map was perfect to arrive easily. We enjoyed the hutong location, although this is not for everyone. The atmosphere is calm and welcoming. The room was quite well appointed and quiet. The rooftop deck is lovely!

16th Mar 2016

It may be a slight challenge to locate the first time, but this is one of the most relaxing and welcoming hostels I've stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot. Marc really is an amazing host. It's like coming home when you walk into the hostel. My local Chinese friend told me it was very comfortable where I live, and she was right it does feel like a place you live more than a place you stay. If you want a party look elsewhere, but if you want a cozy and homey atmosphere this is your place.

7th Mar 2016

The hostel is excellent for its decor, atmosphere and staff's friendliness. The location is centrally located in Beijing although I wish it could be a bit closer to subway lines, and the price is a bit high for hostels but definitely worthy of stay for couples who wish to enjoy the traditional Beijing Hutong Life.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
5th Mar 2016

Chose Kelly's after reading all the great reviews and was delighted with our stay. It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and is more of a hotel as its private, intricately decorated and has a warm feel. Couldn't ask for a better host and will happily return.

12th Feb 2016

The hostel is housed in a classic Beijing courtyard which give it a very charming atmosphere. The location is very convenient, central, close to most of the big sights and only a short walk to the nearest subway. The staff extremely friendly and helpful. When/if I return to Beijing I would most certainly try to get a room at Kelly's Courtyard again.

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd Feb 2016

Fantastic! Mark was always on hand to help with any queries and was very hospitable. We would love to stay here again in the future. Much rather stay here than a hotel anyway!