Kelly's Courtyard Reviews

No. 25, Xiaoyuan Hutong of Bingmasi Hutong, Xidan North Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Kelly's was simply a lovely little gem, albeit somewhat difficult to find the first time and cold this time of the year. I will return!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Excellent staff and loved staying in the old Huntung area. Nice room and brilliant value for money.

• 9th Apr 2015

Lovely staff who are very friendly and helpful. Great location for shopping and sightseeing. Can be noisy as all rooms surround the indoor courtyard area. Breakfast is continental cold style but with toast. Would def consider staying again.

This is a great place to stay in Beijing. The courtyard makes for a very nice atmosphere, and the private room was cozy and spacious compared to another hutong we stayed in nearby. The hosts were very helpful, and I wish we had been able to stay longer than a day!

I was only in Beijing for 1 night on an 18-hour layover en route to the US, but my brief stay at Kelly's was excellent. Great facilities with particularly comfortable beds in the private room I stayed in. While the neighborhood isn't the most visually appealing or colorful, I was in a location very close to a subway station that was very convenient for making the most of the 1 night and 1 morning I was in town. Staff was EXTREMELY HELPFUL in suggesting how best to spend the few hours I had.

This was an excellent choice for our family. The location is absolutely ideal, with convenient access to two subway stations and the busy Xisi St, while being tucked away in a friendly and authentic-feeling hutong. John was very helpful in directing us to attractions and making recommendations to get the most out of our limited time in Beijing.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast. Room was small but with a nice ambiance.

thanks to Mark, it was a wonderful period. Thanks for all your help. Hope see you again.

Kelly's Courtyard was a fantastic surprise from what I expected. + The host was very welcoming, informative, and attentive to my needs. He made recommendations which saved me money and time. + The rooms are quite comfortable, spacious, and clean. + This is the most value for accommodation I've ever gotten from renting from HostelWorld. + I would stay here again and every time I return to Beijing. - Difficult to find, however a map and phone number are provided

This is often said on Hostelworld but this is by far the best hostel I've stayed in. It's a quaint hostel only 5 minutes walk from two subway stations (best print directions otherwise you'll get lost). John and Mark were helpful from the very beginning. They greeted us when we arrived at the hostel at 2am and were always helpful in suggesting daily itineraries for us. John was very thorough in his directions to the Wall. I have never met staff like them. Highly recommended.

My favourite hostel ever! Such a relaxing spot with the most helpful owner and manger - John and Mark. Loved it there! Great location, close to shopping street and beside subway station. The rooms were so cosy and homely! I will definitely return!

• 14th Feb 2015

Really pretty and clean. The staff is friendly and kind. Good location (but, it's a bit hard at the first time if u have a poor sense of direction like me)

this place was small, very clean, staff was fabulous, regular hostel breakfast and very close to subway and short walk to a TON of shopping centers. love this place.

I felt that Kelly's courtyard is more hotel than hostel. It's beutiful and peaceful place, perfect for a couple or people how like peaceful athmostphare. It's not young backpacker crazy party hostel - and we loved that. Price is not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. It's very good hostel! Location is good, near to the subway, shops and restaurants close by. Kelly's husband speaks very good english, it's easy to communicate with him. Also he is such a nice and helpful person.

The perfect way to enjoy Beijing! Our host John was exceptional in his hospitality skills and advice on travel, dinning and entertainment opportunities. It felt like living home from home but with a genuine Chinese cultural edge. I would recommend this highly to travellers looking to stay in Beijing!

• 29th Jan 2015

Your courtyard has been the best place in which I've stayed so far in my trip to Asia ! I really felt at home at your house and part of the family and not just another guest. I very much appreciated your kindness and willingness to help, always behind me taking care of my needs every moment. The room was great and cozy. If I come back I will definitely stay with you again!

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Great location. Awesome staff.

We had a very pleasant stay, loved the Hutong area, the decoration of the room and especially the 'lobby' with its airy, traditional atmosphere, the fish and old tree. Marc is a perfect host, always helpful. His advices on where to go and how to get there were great. The breakfast also was fantastic. We enjoyed our stay at your courtyard very much and felt very welcomed and at home. After an exhausting day of sightseeing in Beijing, it was a joy to return to your hostel. Thank you!

• 1st Jan 2015

Mark was a lovely welcoming host, gave good advice and looks after you. The rooms are great with a lovely bathroom ensuite, very clean. The included breakfast is great yet minimal. The location is on a side street from a main road so everything you need is accessible restaurants, groceries, banks and the subway

• 26th Dec 2014

kellys courthouse, is amazing, the staff are friendly and approachable. Mark has a lot of knowledge about beijing, and can give top choices of what to do, see, eat and how to get there! it feels more like a home, a space to relax, read, and talk. kellys courthouse is a magical place. the modernised hutong was very cool, and the fact it isn't completely westernised made me happy! thanks a million mark and team. it was awesome staying with you guys, ill will recommend you to anyone traveling here!

• 23rd Dec 2014