Kelly's Courtyard Reviews

No. 25, Xiaoyuan Hutong of Bingmasi Hutong, Xidan North Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

thanks to Mark, it was a wonderful period. Thanks for all your help. Hope see you again.

This is often said on Hostelworld but this is by far the best hostel I've stayed in. It's a quaint hostel only 5 minutes walk from two subway stations (best print directions otherwise you'll get lost). John and Mark were helpful from the very beginning. They greeted us when we arrived at the hostel at 2am and were always helpful in suggesting daily itineraries for us. John was very thorough in his directions to the Wall. I have never met staff like them. Highly recommended.

My favourite hostel ever! Such a relaxing spot with the most helpful owner and manger - John and Mark. Loved it there! Great location, close to shopping street and beside subway station. The rooms were so cosy and homely! I will definitely return!

• 14th Feb 2015

Really pretty and clean. The staff is friendly and kind. Good location (but, it's a bit hard at the first time if u have a poor sense of direction like me)

this place was small, very clean, staff was fabulous, regular hostel breakfast and very close to subway and short walk to a TON of shopping centers. love this place.

I felt that Kelly's courtyard is more hotel than hostel. It's beutiful and peaceful place, perfect for a couple or people how like peaceful athmostphare. It's not young backpacker crazy party hostel - and we loved that. Price is not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. It's very good hostel! Location is good, near to the subway, shops and restaurants close by. Kelly's husband speaks very good english, it's easy to communicate with him. Also he is such a nice and helpful person.

The perfect way to enjoy Beijing! Our host John was exceptional in his hospitality skills and advice on travel, dinning and entertainment opportunities. It felt like living home from home but with a genuine Chinese cultural edge. I would recommend this highly to travellers looking to stay in Beijing!

• 29th Jan 2015

Your courtyard has been the best place in which I've stayed so far in my trip to Asia ! I really felt at home at your house and part of the family and not just another guest. I very much appreciated your kindness and willingness to help, always behind me taking care of my needs every moment. The room was great and cozy. If I come back I will definitely stay with you again!

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Great location. Awesome staff.

We had a very pleasant stay, loved the Hutong area, the decoration of the room and especially the 'lobby' with its airy, traditional atmosphere, the fish and old tree. Marc is a perfect host, always helpful. His advices on where to go and how to get there were great. The breakfast also was fantastic. We enjoyed our stay at your courtyard very much and felt very welcomed and at home. After an exhausting day of sightseeing in Beijing, it was a joy to return to your hostel. Thank you!

• 1st Jan 2015

Mark was a lovely welcoming host, gave good advice and looks after you. The rooms are great with a lovely bathroom ensuite, very clean. The included breakfast is great yet minimal. The location is on a side street from a main road so everything you need is accessible restaurants, groceries, banks and the subway

• 26th Dec 2014

kellys courthouse, is amazing, the staff are friendly and approachable. Mark has a lot of knowledge about beijing, and can give top choices of what to do, see, eat and how to get there! it feels more like a home, a space to relax, read, and talk. kellys courthouse is a magical place. the modernised hutong was very cool, and the fact it isn't completely westernised made me happy! thanks a million mark and team. it was awesome staying with you guys, ill will recommend you to anyone traveling here!

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Mark has been very helpful as well as John. We had a pleasant stay at Kelly's Courtyard and we'll def recommend the place to everyone we know.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

Really enjoyed our stay, Mark was very welcoming and helpful!

This hotel is traditional Chinese style. close to the subway line 4. The staff is wonderful. Mark is so friendly and ready to help any guests at any time. Quite and peaceful atmosphere.

Awesome value, great hospitality, a wonderful and highly recommended place to stay when visiting Beijing

It was great to stay at this lovely Hostel!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Colombia

Very nice place in the centre of Beijing. Best you can get for that price!!

• 14th Nov 2014

The atmosphere was very good to meet other travellers. John was exceptional in helping us to see the attractions. Good breakfast.

• 3rd Nov 2014

What a beautiful boutique hotel! Has an excellent location in a beautiful old building and Mark was so hospitable and helpful. Definitely recommended!