Kelly's Courtyard Reviews

No. 25, Xiaoyuan Hutong of Bingmasi Hutong, Xidan North Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Our stay was incredibly confortable and Mark helped us with everything. He was very kind :)

Beautiful hostel, felt like a hotel! Very wel maintained and the staff were lovely. Kelly and John went out of their way to help us on a number of occasions and we're both very friendly. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. It's close to the subway station and not far from forbidden city etc.

• 16th Aug 2015

This hostel is amzing. Jhon speak English very well and he is helpul and really welcoming person. He helped us and gave us all the information that we needed! Also the atmosphere is very nice and quiet. I recommend this hostel especially for those wanted to stay in a palce cozy, quiet and peaceful.

A diamond in the rough. Hidden between alleyways, Kellys Courtyard is difficult to find but worth the search. The staff will bend backwards for anything you need and help with directions/transportation throughout Beijing. Highly recommended.

Kelly's is a fantastic boutique hotel / b & b. The traditional hutong courtyard setting was very atmospheric and gorgeous. The rooms were well equipped and clean. There was also a rooftop terrace to relax in. It is located close to Xidi subway stop and in walking distance to Beihai Park although there are limited things to do in the immediate area. Mark went out of his way to make our stay in Beijing fun and productive, on hand to answer questions and offer tips. He was friendly and helpful.

I cannot recommend this guest house enough!!! John, Mark, and the ladies that work here are amazing!! This was the first place in our Asian adventure that we encountered people that were passionate about their city and about you becoming passionate about their city. The rooms were nice and clean! It is hard to find especially because they were doing road construction at the time so just make sure you do like they advise and print the map! If they have availability, you should book!!!

• 12th Jul 2015

Kelly's Courtyard is a hidden gem for anyone looking for the old romantic side of China with modern convince such as hot water at all times and a strong internet connection. The area is in central Beijing and walking distance from Beihai park but it isn't touristy. I think I was the only tourist in the area as I saw hardly any foreigners. Our rooms were cleaned everyday, breakfast included. Mark is so sweet and helpful, available 24/7 for your needs. Stay here! Next time I am in Beijing I will!

Had an awesome stay at Kelly's Courtyard with my significant other. The place is hard to find but once you get the hang of it, it's part of the allure of the place as you feel you're a local trekking through back alleys to get to your humble abode. The decor is very cozy, the roof-top is fantastic for either a cup of coffee or a night cap when you're winding down after a long day of touring the city. Mark rocks, stay here!

• 15th Jun 2015

This was a wonderful stay! Thanks so much to Mark for helping us out with everything and being so readily available for questions, advice, etc. He even checked to make sure we had our passports before going to the Palace Museum/Forbidden City!

Very nice, relaxing atmosphere. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I was able to change my dates without any issues. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hostel to others.

• 12th Jun 2015

I had a terrific experience at Kelly's. For me the element that made this experience different is the staff (from Mark to those assisting with cleaning or other duties) really cared about their guests experience. Mark inparticular is a fantastic host. It was similat to staying with family - could not have been more gratious, helpful and welcoming. I stay in big chain hotels alot for work -- this was a super refreshing experience!

• 5th Jun 2015

Located in a Hutong down an alley, it can be tough to find, but once you do it is a hidden gem. The staff was fantastic, at all hours of the day. The place is clean, friendly, and very accommodating. Would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Beijing, as a group or individual. A great value for the money. Small breakfast every day, free reliable wi-fi, and a honor fridge. Great find!

• 3rd Jun 2015

The courtyard is beautiful.

Mark was really helpful and welcoming. Helped us with bags to the hotel and showed us where to go for food and where to go on the subway. Really quirky and nice hotel with the rooms overlooking the courtyard. Really nice clean rooms cool roof terrace and common room. Mark was also really helpful and let us keep our bags at the hotel on our last day after checking out and sorted a taxi for us to the airport. 10 minutes walk from 2 subway stations. Would whole heartledly recommend!

• 26th May 2015
  • Wales

The best hostel we've ever stayed in. This place was more of a boutique hotel. It was beautiful, within walking distance of the Forbidden City and surrounding parks, and 5 minutes walk from the subway station. The staff were really friendly and went out of their way to make our trip great. They have a great rooftop patio for any downtown you have, and a fridge stocked with beer, water and wine that you can buy for relaxing upstairs. We'll be staying here next time we're back in the city.

Mark was extremely hospitable and I'm looing forward to my next stay...

• 23rd May 2015

mum and I loved it. What a great place, so homely

• 20th May 2015

A gem hidden away in old traditional Beijing alleys, 10min walk to subway or buzzing shopping streets, 20min to Forbidden city. The rooms are beautifully furnished with soft beds and modern bathrooms. The court yard is just sublime with designer decor and nice ambient music, not to mention the rooftop patio, and all this in an authentic traditional setting really makes this an oasis combining the best of two worlds. Thanks to 史丽峰 (Marc) who was so helpful and humble providing A-class service!

Both my daughter (aged 8) had an enjoyable stay here. Mark is so nice, helpful and kind and took very good care of us. We felt at home. A gem in the hutong area!

• 29th Apr 2015

Quiet and good location. Mark is very helpful.

• 28th Apr 2015