Kelly's Courtyard Reviews

No. 25, Xiaoyuan Hutong of Bingmasi Hutong, Xidan North Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Fantastic place to stay in Beijing. Lovely area in the Hutongs but central. Does not feel super touristy so feel like your in it. Great staff, really friendly and helpful. Room and set out is very interesting and makes a good atmosphere. They've done a very good good here! We only had two days in Beijing on the transit visa, wished we had longer and would stay here.

I found that the sstaff was very nice, friendly and willing to help in any circumstances. My mother died at our home while I was visiting in China, and the staff at Kelly's, especially Mark, offered use of phone and amenities for me to communicate with family. It is a very warm, welcoming accommodation. jim cato

• 13th May 2014

Our stay here was pleasant and we can't fault the hostel for it's cleanliness and style. The rooms had character and were a good size. Mark was great at helping us find our way around and gave tips on things to do in Beijing. He helped us find another couple who wanted to take a taxi to the Great Wall and arranged it for us, which was fantastic. Our only negative points were that it was sometimes a little too quiet and not very sociable and breakfast was the same everyday so a little dull.

What a lovely find! An absolute wonderful little guesthouse with amazing staff that are so helpful and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble! Lovely atmosphere with wonderful quirky furnishings, makes you feel like a home from home :) I will definitely be going back, they accommodated myself and my bicycle and were very helpful in making sure I arrived safely!! Can't recommend this enough , try it yourself, you won't be disappointed !

• 2nd May 2014

Lovely hutong courtyard hotel with friendly and attentive staff. Thank you!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Kelly's is an extremely pretty courtyard hotel that gives a more traditional Chinese experience when staying in Beijing. It is conveniently located just a short distance from 2 metro stops. The rooms are very comfortable, and the whole place has a very relaxed atmosphere (in a quiet location off the main street) ensuring a good nights sleep before heading into the city/to the Wall. A definite plus was our host Mark who is a great guy, has excellent English and is a real asset to Kelly's.

• 29th Apr 2014

A little difficult to find, but it earns its rights being there. Highest scores to the staff for being warm & concern, making us feel welcome and at home. There was a problem with odor when exhaust-fan turned on, Mark had "Kelly" herself armed with a roll of duct-tape, fixed the problem within 15 minutes. Breakfast was not as plentiful as expected, but the coffee was great. We had excellent overall experience staying over, and would visit again next time we go to Beijing.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great staff. Mark very welcoming and was fantastic at organising our Great Wall tour. Great peaceful spot in the middle of a big bustling city. We really enjoyed the relaxed quiet atmosphere and will be back again one day. Thanks

• 21st Apr 2014

Perfect place to stay. Helpfull staff, good atmosphere.

We had a great time at Kelly's Courtyard, especially because Mark took such great care of us and even organized a trip to the Great Wall. The inner courtyard makes a beautiful surrounding for breakfast which you share with the other guests. If you are a light sleeper and want to sleep in, just know that you naturally hear what's going on in the courtyard from your room. It didn't disturb us though as we wanted to get up early anyway. Overall I'd totally recommend and stay there again!

• 14th Apr 2014

Mark made our stay very comfortable. I was very concearned since i was traveling with my 10 year old daughter. I really enjoyed staying in a traditional Hutong and courtyard style building. Anything we needed was taken care of. Mark helped us with trips out to the Great Wall, mapping, taxi service and local information. Sydney and I thank you again.

Very good Hutong, with very kindly host. As there is only 9 rooms, it is very cosy and quiet ... if the other guests keep in mind that it is a quiet place ! Because all the rooms give on an close square and if you speak loud early morning, all the other guests will be wake up. But anyway, it is an amazing and different place to live in Beijing and I recommend people who want to discover Beijing differently to go there

We had a fantastic stay at this beautiful hostel. We LOVED how clean and quiet it was and the staff was super friendly and personable.This is the first hostel we've stayed at that truly felt like home away from home. More meals offered would be appreciated.

Very friendly. Helped organise a driver for the Great Wall visit who was excellent. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I would recommend Kelly's Courtyard as a place to stay- the staff are great, it's very clean and has a nice atmosphere.

We had a great stay--the location was quiet but close enough to walk to the Forbidden Palace. The staff were very helpful and helped arrange a private tour to the Great Wall with other guests. It was a great stay.

A beautiful inn with a homey feel. They play light jazz in the courtyard in the evenings and the ambiance is very calm and soothing. Simply charming and a must stay if you're looking for a more relaxed environment during your travels. Staff is wonderful, helpful, and welcoming.

1 2 Next » last »