Kelowna - SameSun Backpacker Lodge Reviews

245 Harvey Ave, Kelowna, BC, Kelowna, Canada

The staff is just really really unfriendly, even though they forgot to clean the whole room and beds for our room. Moreover you have no possibility to lock your belongings. The kitchen is really poor....way too less disches and cuttlery.....in generell is the atmosphere really cold and unfriendly.

We really enjoyed the nice atmosphere, friendly, happy people and the fantastic brekkie with pancakes. Unfortunately we could only stay for one night. I'd always come back though.

I was kinda shocked. I was thinking the funky lobby photos meant it was going to be dirty. But for a hostel. It was great. AC!!. Prime location to old town Downtown. Bus stop is not too far. But all the stops r far away. The park is prime during summer. More of a younger crowd but couldn't hear loud downstairs. Clean everything. Really great for a hostel. Not luxury. But clean nice staff etc etc

Staff were really helpful sorting a booking error. Location is brilliant, wish we'd had another night here. Only downside is the building is getting a bit old and needs some reinvestment.

The layout of the communal areas and garden lends itself to a friendly and sociable atmosphere. The bedrooms are a good size and cooled by air conditioning. The bathrooms were spotless with good showers and sinks. The staff were excellent. The only minor disappointment was that back garden closes at eleven, but this is understandable becasuse of potential noise and the proximity to the next door neighbours - we could happily have stayed there all night, but the fun moves inside or into the town.

My friend and I didn't spend a lot of time in the hostel because the location was so prime - close to the beach and close to downtown. This hostel offered a whole bunch of activities which seemed awesome, like houseboating thursdays, but we never took part of it. All in all, I would stay at this hostel again!

Beer pong table = great asset, large kitchen and common area, a bit dubious about the hot tub and cleanliness.

nice hostel with a great patio and hot tub!

Good place for summer, close to town and the lake. Staff are friendly and helpful. Good outdoor area, free breaky, decent WIFI

Friendly, efficient check in; spacious rooms with comfy beds; clean bathrooms; big, well-equipped kitchen; cosy tv room and lovely outdoor area. Nice little touches like fusball in the lobby and a coffee machine in the common area. Nice and close to downtown and ample parking.

Awesome place stay here if you want to meet people and have fun also really close to everything

They put males in the same rooms as females, which may be a problem for some, although it is possible that you may be able top reqest same sex rooms, I don't know. Great location near downtown kelowna, although lots of road noise from highway 97 on one side. Friendly aussie staff and lots of fun aussie guests too. I needed a cheap getaway from the brutal Toronto winter that just finished and this did just fine!