Kelowna - SameSun Backpacker Lodge Reviews

245 Harvey Ave, Kelowna, BC, Kelowna, Canada

Good staff and close to the beach.

Awesome time

The rooms where not clean. There was a used dirty bowl under my bed and the bed sheets were not clean. Staff were nice.

This hostel's one of the better I've stayed in. It's in a sweet location, with so much room for activities inside & out on the patio,. We were never bored!! The staff were all super friendly & helpful with things to do &see around kelowna. Especially Jordan at the front desk :) Cheers!!! Oh yeh and the free breakfast was awesome- Nutella and Vegemite!!! Woo

As always it was an excellent experience, fantastic staff!!!

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you'll be back soon! :) Cheers, Mark

Definitely worth checking out for the location alone. Right downtown, near the beaches and parks. Bring your own booze and enjoy the common area, provided some idiot isn't playing Nirvana and Radiohead covers all day while you try to mingle. And also, it gets quite loud some nights, and hot, so bring a fan to set up on your bunk. You can thank me later.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, despite having a different taste in music than our friendly front desk staff! All our rooms have air conditioning, so a fan really isn't necessary. :) We look forward to seeing you again someday!

Carola, Austria Had good times at the samesun kelowna. Nice place to stay and good for meeting new people Hope to see samesun kelowna soon again Cheers

Very nice staff and people. Perfect location in walking distance to the lake and downtown.

Very nice staff in the hostel, big thanks to the kitchen staff for letting us cook after closing. Overall atmosphere is very hip and free spirited. The obly thing is that I was annoyed that no one seemed to bother washing dishes, maybe the hostel should implement some stricter measures in this direction.

We had a great stay in Kelowna. Flo was very welcoming and helped with all of our questions. Overall, the hostel was clean and well maintained and we would certainly stay again. Thanks again for a very pleasant stay.

• 14th Jul 2015

I've stayed here a couple of times of the years. Always a great time, close to the beach and very centrally located and your always guaranteed to meet a bunch of travellers and find some crazy adventures.

Gorgeous patio for sunny days. Fantastic location downtown. Kitchen facilities were great. Rooms had good lockers, although the beds and pillows left something to be desired.

Was a great hostel and meet some good people. My only negative is that when I went to grab breakfast there was nothing left.

I stay here every time I go to Kelowna. It's a great hostel with great atmosphere and it's super clean (which is the most important to me). There was only one staff member working when we checked in, and it was clear that he was being overworked, but he was very nice and helpful.

Nil is a really good guy. He gave us advices and was really friendly to us.

• 27th May 2015

The staff were very friendly, especially Quinton and Neil. The location was amazing, right across the road from downtown and the beach. Also, the patio area was a big up for me, a great place to just chill out and have a few drinks.

Had a great stay, clean, great facilities , and very friendly helpful staff, thanks guys!

• 20th May 2015

Very good place to stay. Well priced, good atmosphere and the staff are really friendly and accommodating.

Very clean, fun atmosphere. Nice big kitchen and lounge areas. Lots of events going on. The only thing I didn't like was the mattress I had in the 6 bed mixed dorm (218, I think); it really needs to be replaced.

bed was comfy, location was great. However the staff & some older guests were horrible. My friend & I have never felt so uncomfortable. There was 1 staff in particular (Neil) that was so creepy & hitting on us. He came in to our room while we were hanging out (in our room because we didn't want to be in the public areas where the men were being super creepy to us). It was so invasive. We were actually scared to stay there. Worst experience..& we've traveled all over! So creepy & unprofessional!!

• 8th May 2015

I would like to apologise and assure you that this staff member has been made aware and disciplined as needed. This sort of experience is not what we expect our guests to have. I can assure you that this will not happen in the future, and that everyone can expect a professional staff and a comfortable, welcoming stay here at the Samesun Kelowna.