Keylany Hotel Reviews

25 Keylany Street, Aswan, Egypt

This place has a real family feel, & it's a short, interesting walk down to the Nile, with good cafes and resteraunts. Also the local people's souq is handy, so you can shop without being hassled. It's not a flash place, but fine for those seeking comfort on a budget. The staff there gave me sound advice for my onward travels.

The room was clean n quiet.I feel they delivered exactly what they advertised :) Staff was incredibly honest - day/night desk. They arranged micro bus to abu simbel for 85E £. Not many backpackers in aswan; unsure if they could get a ticket for me...I originally thought this was a ploy to get me to pay more. He said if only 4/5 people then each pays more...easy to cheat price. But he came back at lower price. Also kept my bag free offered shower facilities free after tour. Very happy!

Basic, but everything you need when only staying for a night. Helped us set up a tour to Abu Simbel very quickly, which was nice since we only had a very short time there. Very close to the Nile and the Souq. Air con worked well in the room. The front desk guy was very helpful in making sure I got a bus to Luxor, since while I was there , the train and the tourist buses were not running due to lack of tourists.

I was a little angry I wasnt allowed to bring a fellow traveller inside for a drink after a long trip to Abu Simbel. But otherwise this hotel lives up to mid-range expectations.

Room was basic but nice and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful when booking day tours. Rooftop was comfortable but very hot and couldn't sit for too long. Overall good and what we needed but nothing to get overly excited about.

• 17th May 2013
  • ecarlsen

Very good hotel, only meters away from the souk. My bedroom was clean and big, as well as the bedroom, even though the shower was quite old (which is often the case in Egypt). Helpfull staff and great facilites: fantastic rooftop with swimming pool, wifi, computers... They also allow travelers who check out in the morning to leave their bags for the day and even use facilites (swimming pool, showers, etc!). Only disapointment was the breakfast, which could have been bigger.

Its a run down middle class hotel in Egypt where nothing was invested the last 20 years.. the AC was antique and so loud that I couldnt sleep (and Aswan is hot..!), the sheets smelled like smoke and the bathroom is a joke - you could not sit on the toilet without bumping your knee on the washing basin, the shower had very little water.. I would have never paid 20 US a night! You are way better of with cheaper options! Breakfast took 1 hour to be prepared and wasnt great either.

The toilet in our room did not flush very well. Also the shower flooded the bathroom floor. Thankfully there were a lot of towels to mop up the excess, but that was somewhat annoying. Lastly, there was no soap dish in the shower.

• 3rd May 2013

We stayed this hostel for two night. As many people said, the breakfast was amazing. The room we stayed was no problem using Internet because our room was the first floor. The stuff are very friendly and helpful.

We arrived after an 19+ hour trip on the ferry from Sudan, and our check-in process took over 30 minutes even after we told the individual at the desk that we were really tired. Quite a few things could have been done a bit later.

It was a lovely place to stay. Nice breakfast, lovely staff.

• 13th Apr 2013

Overall, I am very satisfied with the Hotel Manager, who is always helpful to organize my Abu Simbel half day trip (70LE) and also help to organize shared minivan to Luxor from Aswan (drop by Com Ombo Temple and Edfu Temple). For traveller who is coming from Aswan AIrport, it is advisable to get the hotel to organize airport pick-up at about 60-70LE. The reason is the taxi drivers hanging at airport areas are hostile and over-charge foreigners (100 LE up).

Quite a distance from the train station. I love the pool on the roof and the delicious crepe in breakfast. They provide half day trip to Unifinished Obelisk, Philae Temple, High Dam & Kalabsha Temple for LE150. Also, they provide private car from Aswan to Luxor with stops at Kom Ombo temple and Edfu temple for 6 hours costing LE350. Great for me!!!

Very happy with the service & the whole stay. Staff very friendly & helpful. Would stay again.

• 21st Mar 2013

Nice stay here. Very comfortable, and a WONDERFUL breakfast on the roof in the morning. Friendly staff, and they let us store our bags after we checked out.

Very nice! especially the breakfast.And the staff are very kindly. And so lucky to meet some kindly friends from other place.

• 16th Feb 2013
  • China
  • Female

The staff is helpful. Breakfast is appropriate.

Breakfast was very good, but it was shame there was no food or drink available at other times. Staff were very helpful indeed, offering lots of good advice.

definitely too expensive in relation to the quality of service and to the type of rooms which are very very bad. Not all recommendable !!!!

The most expensive hotel we stayed during our trip. They added an extra 10USD because of high season. However, they have great value transport only tours to Abu Simbel and Luxor. Breakfast is good, nice pancakes, the breakfast provided with the 3AM departing Abu Simbel tour is comparable with the one served on the roof top. The shower was quite old in our room, at first I couldn't figure out how to get cold water (you needed to turn like 10 times before it started flowing).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7