Keystone House Kings Cross

Very Good 6238 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 6238 Total Reviews

4.0

This hostel was the only negative on my trip to London. It's only redeeming factor was it's helpful staff and good location. However, the hostel was extremely dirty, with moldy showers that didn't drain, dirt in the lockers and a dorm that smelled like sour milk. The fire escape was "accidentally" left open, which a staff member told me allowed for drunk people from the pub downstairs to access the dorm rooms in the hostel. We considered checking out early and losing money... DO NOT GO.

Thank you for your review, we take guest satisfaction very seriously here at Keystone house and always try to offer the best value for money. I am sorry you had issues with cleanliness during your stay, these comments have been passed over to our housekeeping department for improvement. London currently is on the highest threat level for terrorist activity so we are very tight on security, I would like to clarify that we do not "accidentally" leave fire escapes open and nor do we allow anyone into the hostel who is not a paying guest. I do hope that you would consider Keystone House when traveling to London again.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
2.9

Keystone house messed up my reservation for a group of 6 beds in an 8 bed dorm. My group was separated into different rooms & had we known this, we would not have booked in the first place. Also, a very rude and aggressive older man was in one of the rooms. Throughout this ordeal, 1 of the staff members understood that we weren't comfortable with the situation, & promised us a refund. However, another staff member became aggressive after saying he could not promise a refund. We stayed in a hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback from your recent stay at keystone House. When booking dorm accommodation for guests, we strive to allocate all guests in one room however this is not guaranteed. We also take guest security very seriously here and always try and offer a solution to any problems which may arise, which we felt we dealt with in a professional manner. I am sorry you didn't fully enjoy your stay with us and hope that you would consider us for your future stay to London

• England, Female, 25-30
6.9

It was ok. Probably wouldn't stay again though as the other people I had staying in my dorm really put me off. Not the most pleasant friendly bunch, shall we say. The breakfast is pretty basic and there was no toilet paper in any of the ladies toilets on the morning I was leaving, which was pretty annoying. You can't beat the location though, if that's what your main requirement is. It's literally right next door to King's Cross station and five mins walk to Euston.

22nd Jun 2017
4.0

Very cramped, both the room and the bathrooms were tiny. Poor sound proofing means that only heavy sleepers can get a good night's rest. The wifi was basically not there. One morning, I was rudely awoken by the cleaning service and told "you need to move to another room, this room is taken". they wanted to move me to another room that was the same type of room as the one I was already in. This makes zero sense to me since they could simply just check the other people into that room.

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
21st Jun 2017
5.7

Mattresses are old and squeaky. Showers can be improved. Rooms could look better!

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2017

I'm a student who doesn't live in London. I had 3 shifts that finished in the early hours meaning that I was unable to get back home due to no transport. Keystone house was recommended to me. It was amazing. I really enjoyed my stay here and wish I didn't have to leave! The room had the windows open and the air con meaning it wasn't too hot. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The shower was the most amazing shower I've ever had! Can't wait to be back! Highly recommend :)

• England, Male, 41+
20th Jun 2017

Excellent little hostel with friendly, but security conscious staff. Great little bedroom with air conditioning, which made a massive difference to how we slept. Not that much noise, considering we were in the middle of Kings Cross. I'd thoroughly recommend Keystone House to anyone & I'll definitely be going back there.

• Israel, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

What really did it for me was the staff, they were abselutly amazing!! The helped me with everything i needed, and were so kind. I should say i mostly had interaction with the femail staff members. The location was pretty good, if you wanted you could walk to main attractiins, but a bit far, but the train/underground station is just outside the hostel, so very comfertble. The facilitied were OK, could have been just a little bit cleaner, breakfest is cereals and bread with different spreads.

• USA, Female, 31-40
18th Jun 2017
2.6

Dirty sheets no a/c no en suite bathroom window over toilet wide open and unable to shut so everybody gets to see u pee! Window in the stuffy 90 degree room wouldn't open I brought lice back to the states from this place! Still trying to get rid of it

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
17th Jun 2017

The hostel is very close to London Kings Cross which made it ideal for me as I was arriving late and leaving early. All the facilities were stock standard and what you'd expect. The only negatives I would have would be the shower was a bit grubby and the mattress was completely shot and caused me to continually role against the wall. The saving grace was having aircon in the room. Staff were friendly and welcoming.