Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

The hostel itself is okay, there's no elevator and you have to take many stairs to get to the rooms. I stayed in a 16 bed female dorm. The room itself was fine, the toilets/showers were on a different floor and there were only 3 shower/toilet stalls for girls and 2 other mixed toilet stalls on another floor, which is hardly enough for everyone. Also, the toilet wasn't that clean.

Overall, I found the experience very good. Fantastic location, very good security (stored much of my luggage and they watched me go in and out to access it), much cleaner than expected, as well as comfortable beds. Only complaint is that SELLING towels for £5, instead of RENTING for say, 1£, seems like a ripoff. Otherwise, I had a good experience with no complaints except that I had to maneuver a LOT of stairs with very heavy luggage--but staff did help me with it when I checked in.

• 19th Oct 2014

Does not seem right price towels would be a normal part and the other a deposit. The state of the bathrooms was bad because the water outlet of the side room smelled bad. You have the good luck to be located, is in the middle, but if you suspend the facilities without thinking. We play a room above a bar and did not close until eleven at night, the next day we got up to go to the bus stop, when I booked that nobody would notice.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Helpful staff, good atmosphere as well as being so central

Staff weren't very welcoming. Kitchen was an absolute mess - I had to wash up a cup & bowl before I could have breakfast! Towels aren't supplied you have to pay £5 to use a towel that you could see thriough. It was not great value forthe price.

It's a great place, The only bad thing I can say the fooot odor in the double room.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

The carpet in our room was dirty and it smelled musty In the room and in the hallway. Many reviews state that it is quiet in the bottom floor. On the contrary, one could hear the tram and the people from the bar. Furthermore, internet will not work in the room even if you want to pay extra for it. All I'll say that the staff do the best they can.

Problem with conditioning air, and they didńt do anything. Water licked on my wet sheets. Privates rooms are cold in october. Common areas are a little bit smalls. Breakfast is good.

Wish we could have had a second key for our 2-bed private room (although maybe it was possible; we didn't ask)

Security was almost too tight - if you accidentally leave your key in your room you can't get back in OR get to the desk to say so. Was a little annoying that we only had one key to share. The bathroom sink on the 3rd floor was completely blocked and the lights didn't work. However, these are all very minor things and I'm not actually complaining as the overall experience was great!

• 11th Oct 2014

Awesome location staff were so helpful and 24 hour reception was really good cause I arrived late and left early. Included breakfast was such a good bonus!!!

• 10th Oct 2014

Excellent location and good value for money. Hostel facilities - bunk beds, no toilet, shower or TV in rooms. Place is clean and secure.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Poland

This hostel is absolutely disgusting!!! I could tell u about the rats running around the kitchen, the tiny rooms with no windows and the horrible smell but instead I think it's more important to mention that the staff is a bunch of rude assholes who coudln't care less about u and ur experience. we even had to sleep on the floor one night coz they overbooked and refused to give us our money back

• Israel

This is one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in. While the location is amazing, the staff is absolutely horrible, unhelpful, unfriendly and rude. We stayed there for 3 nights, on the 2nd night we got back at 10pm, only to find out that we do not have a room because of some "issue" (pretty sure it was an overbooking issue) and their way of handling it was to tell us there's nothing they can do. the place smells like death (especially downstairs) and no windows in the rooms. such a rip off!

• Austria

My friend, son and I rented a 3 bedroom private ensuite at Keystone. The beds were so comfy. It was close to two train stations, but far from the centre of London. This hostel had many younger travellers, but the atmosphere was great. Breakfast (toast and cereal) was included and close to grocery stores, many restaurants. Would return. If wifi was available throughout the hostel it would be better. But it was available in the common room-so not a huge deal.

We couldn't close our window. The room and the hostel is not clean. Toilettes and showers are ugly. Wifi does not work.

• Austria

Such friendly staff who were extremely helpful and the beds were so so comfy!!

• 8th Oct 2014

Although the hostel is very well situated, we felt the price was a bit too high for what we got. The mattresses were not in the best of shapes, there was a constant buzz in the room (from ventilation or something), and our room was not dark enough at night as there was some kind of emergency light always on. As for facilities, the kitchen was a bit small and had few appliances, compared to the number of rooms and people staying at the hostel, which made it hard to enjoy the free breakfast.

This hostel looks great in the pictures. We were on the top floor (4) and the showers and bathrooms were on the bottom (1) shower turned off every 15secs and was in the same cubicle as toilet. The wall was raining (literally) and there was water damage to the roof and carpet outside our room. We had the 8 bed mixed dorm and it was tiny and not very clean! This hostel is good if you don't mind stuff like stairs and getting cosy with strangers. It is right next to platform 9 3/4 though!

• 7th Oct 2014

There are mice in the kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7