Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Good hostel, easy to find in a good location

Me and my two friends stayed in Keystone House for three nights in Duchess Room 2. We enjoyed our stay a lot, because of the friendly and helpful staff. Our room was clean and the location of the hostel was perfect. The trainstation and underground were close and we had a supermarket around the corner.

• 14th Jul 2014

very nice stay and good quality/price rapport, perfect for a stay of a few days! Think to take a locker to use the cases to keep your precious stuffs safe.

• 14th Jul 2014

Reception staff were extremely rude, apart from the lovely cleaners. Location is great. Atmosphere was non existent. Wifi only in common rooms

• 13th Jul 2014

The staff who did my check in seem a bit moody, not friendly at all. The one who did my check out was the other way round, she is so friendly and helpful. The location really worth the value of money as it is really convenient for everything, underground station, Fast food chain, cafe is at a short walking distance.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Perfect location, great place to stay! Would definitely recommend.

• 12th Jul 2014

I think you'd use this Hostel because of its excellent location, only a minute walk from Kings Cross Station. Plenty of restaurants about and a Maccy D's they even provide complimentary toast! Make sure to bring your own towel if you want to have a shower, I think you can rent one off them though if you like. We got in at about half 2 no problems also.

• 11th Jul 2014

No Mirrors in rooms... The toilets are TINY There are only showers on one floor, so you have to go all the way down if you are on top floor... the only thing in the rooms are the beds- literally... Good location for the tube though !

• 11th Jul 2014

Booked a 6 bed mixed dorm, but there there were 2 extra beds in there. The location is really close to Kings Cross. Kings Cross resembles a war zone on weekend nights, so don't expect a quiet night's sleep. Not the fault of the hostel, it's just a fact. Bathrooms were quite bad. Toilet paper all over the shower floor; the showers and toilets are combined in one stall - you poop where you shower. This does not sit well with me when you consider the amount of people using them.

I wasn't here for very long. I checked in late and had an early train out of St. Pancras. Location was the primary reason for my selection. The bed was comfortable and the bathrooms were reasonably clean.

Brilliant location, friendly staff and knowledgeable. Wifi is only available in the lobby but makes it a great locationto meet people! Had my towel nicked on my last night...And my door lock wasnt working for my last day either. But saf were quick in fixing the problem! Average narrow lockers are available in the room which is perfect for locking up important things! Great location, easy to find from kigs cross! I would definitely stay here again!

• 10th Jul 2014

Just I few nights, nothing to complain. I will be back when I return to London!

• 8th Jul 2014

This hostel had a very relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. I particularly liked the fact that it was comfortable but not something that would draw you away from the outside, as the design seemed to encourage you to go out and explore the city. The location was excellent, right by Kings Cross Station, easy access to the Tube and bus systems. Facilities were small and not extravagant, but they were clean and practical. I would recommend this hostel.

• 7th Jul 2014

I was greeted by a delightful young lady who had only been working in the hostel a matter of days. she couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. My main criticism is that I couldn't hire a towel. I was told when I checked in at 3.30pm that I would be able to get a towel later. This proved not to be the case. Quite simply this isn't good enough. When a hostel advertises towels as an extra then they should be available. That they were not available is bad management

• 7th Jul 2014

Good place for cheap, good location!

Staff not very friendly or helpfull at all, that's there weak point. About atmosphere well there is not much due to the fact that the shared area is small, the location is average because its a conecting point because of king cross metro, but far from main important sites. If you like to walk to the hot spots youll end up pretty exausted. The good points are that they have good spots near by to eat, cheap and healthy. Its pretty clean! and secure.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I had an awful experience with this hostel. I was having issues with my travel logisitcs and the staff weren't terribly understanding or helpful. Not really part of their job description but in other hostels some staff go above and beyond. I was absolutely exhausted and could not get a minute of sleep as the hostel is above a night club. The music was so loud it vibrated my bed and I could hear it with ear plugs in. I had to leave for a real hotel to catch up on sleep.

Nothing to complain about, bit crowded in the dorms, but overall good.

Great location. We stayed in room E1. A twin private Ensuite. Everything was fine until I found a mushroom growing out of under the shower. Not sure how that could have been missed if the bathroom is regularly cleaned properly. What really turned me off was that after I showered I found two slugs coming out from behind a cracked tile. That just grossed me right out. I have never seen anything like that. I also found spider webs on the bottom bunk. Will not be returning.

Very noisy in the night.

• 4th Jul 2014