Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Not a good greetings for welcoming... Except one person was nice. The building is a maze, you figure out how to find your way after going everywhere, all by youself no help... The bed slats were falling off the top bunk bed, pretty dangerous because it was a metal bar... small room for 3 people. No evacuation, always kinda humid, wet in the room. Nothing's free... no towels, no breakfast, they charge you to leave suitcase in their storage... Definitely Not the best hostel I've been too.

The staff was really friendly and helpful and my room was a tidy one. So was the little bathroom next to it, and I enjoyed my stay. The only minor let-down was the larger bathroom, which wasn't too clean when I used it.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. The staff is very pleased with your words. We clean the bathrooms two times a day. If there is ever an issue, please just tell reception and it will be fixed immediately. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

Fridge space very limited for amount of people using them. We stayed 3 nights, no paper towel in the bathroom for any of those days. Can't beat the location though!

• 20th Jul 2015

Hi! We are sorry you didn't totally enjoyed your stay with us. We clean our facilities 2 times per day. If there is ever an issue, please just tell reception and it will be fixed immediately. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed our unbeatable location! Safe travels

Perfect location!

Had a great couple of nights at the Keystone Hostel. Friendly staff and clean bathrooms. ~Rooms are on the small side but the beds were good.

• 17th Jul 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are so pleased you enjoyed your staying with us! We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Our room was very humid which made the beds and our belongings very damp. This made sleeping uncomfortable. There was also some mould on the brick walls in our room and alot of spiders crawling out of missing brick spaces.

• 17th Jul 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. The LU Rooms are in the process of being remodelled. We could have moved you rooms if you told us. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

The room was noisy with the trains so you can't rest well. Also, it smelt of damp. Nothing is included in the price, no towel, no breakfast, no nothing.... Even to leave your bags after checkout is £2. That was a first for me. The breakfast recommended is like eating a plate of grease. the atmosphere is not good , they only care about ££££. The rooms are very basic, the Underground rooms should be closed and refurbished, not fit for humans.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. That is not true, we have some free things like coffee and tea for all the guests. We also give you free storage room while you stay with us. We give you the possibility to buy a towel, adaptor and padlock if you forgot to bring yours. The breakfast is super recommended by everyone. So i guess is not that bad as you describe. The LU Rooms are in the process of being remodelled. Best wishes.

It was the worst hostel \i have ever stayed in. The LU room had a very bad smell and it was extremely noisy. The hostel doesn't provide anything for the guests, everything is 5 pounds |other hostels around the world is FREE| no breakfast, towels .. At the end when you check out and want to leave your bags its 2 pounds. Why? it should be FREE to leave your bags before you go to the airport in the evening. I would not recommend anybody to stay in this hostel. There are much better places.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. It's not true. Coffee, tea and Wi-fi throughout the building are free to everyone. Luggage room is also free while you stay with us. We give you the possibility to buy a towel, adaptor and padlock (5£ each) if you forgot to bring yours. Best wishes

Great location. But not a party hostel

• 15th Jul 2015

Hi! Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry you didn't totally enjoyed your stay with us. We have plenty of activities to offer. Pub Crawls, Free Walking Tours, Bike Tours, Bus Tours etc. Hope to see you another time. Safe travels

i spent such a good time there. The kitchen was very good and the toilets as well. ïd reccomend this hostel

Hello. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are so pleased you enjoyed your staying with us! We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

The Location & security were wonderful, I've never had to go through so many electronically locked doors before however the staff were not very friendly & didn't really talk to us or offer any suggestions for our trip, It is pricier than I would normally pay but you do need to accept that it is in a great location in London so really the pricing is not that horrible.

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. Our staff is friendly and is always ready to help the customers as you can see by the reviews. You can get all the information in reception. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Safe travels.

I was at the hostel for 4 days, in the 16 female dorm. The bedroom was good: comfortable beds, lockers, the sink, the curtains. What I didn't like is: the toilettes, they are really small, only 4, the sink was often "blocked" and too small, with too little place for the shower. And there's no breakfast: if a person comes on holiday or only for few days, doesn't want to cook breakfast, he/she wants to find it ready!! I visited many hostels and I know what I'm talking about.

• 14th Jul 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. We offer a full english breakfast just outside the Hostel for only £3.50. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Safe travels.

The lack of a lift is a real problem if you are on the 3rd or 4th floors. Clearly the building is old and cannot be modified with a lift without great cost. I think it's time you looked for a newer building in the same general area, as I would not choose to stay their again just because there was no lift.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your comment, we appreciate your feedback. Our building, like most buildings in London, is culture heritage so we only have the stairs but of course we would give you a hand with your luggage any time. Hope to see you again next time you are in London! Safe travels. Keystone House Team

The noise from the street hindered us having a good night's sleep. The mirror in the toilet was not asian height friendly.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. We are in the process of installing double glazing in every room. We also have other bathrooms around the hostel. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Safe travels.

I accidentally booked a mixed dorm instead of female without realising it, but it was fine. I do remember thinking my dorm members looked quite hefty in the half light! All very pleasant though. Smooth, uneventful visit. Good atmosphere, brilliant location. Bed was a bit soft for my liking but on the plus side there WAS air conditioning and Double glazing so cool and quiet.

• 12th Jul 2015

The bunk beds (in the female dorm) were really close together (I had to climb over the ladder to pass between my bunk and the one next to me). It is also quite noisy--sirens and street noise--with the windows open.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. We could have moved you rooms if we had availability. You do not have the need to open the windows because we have AC in the rooms. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

we stayed in the double room with the bathroom. Room was vice and clean, with modern and well functioning toilet facilities. The position is absolutely amazing (many metro lines available and national/international railway station of S. Pancras at 5 minutes walking distance). Overall it was a very good experience

• 11th Jul 2015

Good place to stay but unfortunatly the rooms on the street are very noisy what the hour of day or night because of a very heavy traffic.

• 9th Jul 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. We are in the process of installing double glazing in every room. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Safe travels.

Friendly and safe ...comfortable beds..

• 9th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

if you're going to book a room here, I highly recommend calling to request that you not have a room on the first floor. The hallway where the first floor rooms are located leads to the common area and Backpacker's Bar. Because of this, people are walking or running along that hallway and opening and shutting 3 different doors late into the night. The floors are hardwood and the doors are not at all slam-proof. If you want quiet, request a room on a lower or upper floor.

• 7th Jul 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. We could have moved you rooms if we had availability. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7