Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Clean, comfortable, friendly - good value with convenient location.

• 16th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Super clean and comfy. Very secure. Great location. Noisy though, in the rooms and in the street. That's just something that comes with staying in a hostel in central London though! Thanks!

Be aware that some rooms do not have a window, they are placed in a basement and there is no ventilation at all, so after some days the air in your room is quite disgusting. The toilets were not very clean and the shower was broken an dirty as well. The only good thing was its price and the location (is 2 min walking from King's Cross), but I believe I would not come back.

• 13th May 2015

Hello, Thanks for the review. We labelled London Underground rooms on Hostelworld. They are located on the underground, therefore, there is no windows but we provide Air Conditioner in every room. As you can imagine the bathrooms do get used quite frequently as they are shared dorms. We clean our building 4 times daily to ensure all of our facilities are up to standard. Next time, please inform reception of any issue. We would be glad to solve it!

Kings Cross is the in perfect location, right around the corner from St Pancras and Kings Cross which allowed us to easily navigate the underground. There were multiple small pubs in the area and plenty of cheap eats. The beds were comfortable and bathrooms clean. Couldn't ask for much more!

King's Cross itself isn't my favorite part of the city, but it's great because you are so well connected through public transportation. The facilities here were okay, though you have to push a button every 30 seconds in the shower & i got one once without very warm water. I saw several mice in this hostel, and I haven't seen that in any of the others in London. This hostel is one of the cheapest, which can be important here but I think you notice the difference in quality. Okay for a few nights.

Staff was very very helpful. I'd go back in an instant

• 10th May 2015

Really nice location just a 5 minute walk up the street from Kings cross and St. Pancras. Really cool building and we stayed in one of the Omega private rooms, the beds were new and comfy and the bathroom was clean.

I will stay in this hostel next time again.

Was good - staff member was nice, but there was only one available and a number of people waiting to be helped. Would have rated higher if there was more staff at the reception

• 10th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Check in and check out could have been quicker. Extractor fan in basement showers could have been working as well.

• 9th May 2015

The check in chap Sergio (Ithink) was so RUDE and unhelpful,when I asked if CCTV was installed he said yes why dont you trust us, can I get a cup of tea NO not until 2pm when you sign in (it was 12,30) no yes you can get one just up the road, I met up with friends later and decided to stay with them in another hostel .

• 9th May 2015

Great location. Currently undergoing renovations. However a 2 pound charge per bag for luggage storage is a bit steep! There is purpose built room for this purpose.

Excellent location in London. the youth hostel is Under works at the moment, and to get to the common area & ktichen, is not very easy ! 2 pounds per bag for luggage room is excessive; 1£ per day would be ok.

The staff wasn't professional. Some of them didn't speak good English.

The bed mattresses sunk in the middle and become uncomfortable. The price of the hostel was reasonable, however the size of the lockers were very narrow therefore bags could not be put in the locker itself. The location was close to everything you needed, tube, shops, food.

• 6th May 2015
  • Wales

well I stayed there for a one night in a two bed private room. It wasnt the highest class room, but it was fine enough for one night stay.

Stayed for 1 night with my family in twin private room with ensiut toilet. Too narrow room, clean, not so good beds but ok for 1 night, no tables or even side table to put my stuff, clean and good toilet with shower and big closet. Few steps from Kings cross and st. Pancras train stations. Only one person ar reception and took too long to check me in and the one before me, but polite and nice. WiFi is slow and intermittent but do the job for basic Internet needs.

Helpful staff, we were very thankful they had a secure luggage left area as we arrived 4 hours early and could go exploring. Location is great, (kings cross and St Pan 2 mins walk)felt very safe and security was good. Hot water in shower was great! But cubicles are really small and limited ventilation in there and in the rooms made the stay a bit stuffy. Wifi connection in bedroom was good! Kitchen area was a bit difficult to negotiate due to renovations etc. Would defiantly recommend though.

Great hostel, right in the heart of Kings Cross. Staff were friendly and helpful. Everything we needed!

• 2nd May 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The sewer line back up was not pleasant to walk through on way to commom room=kitchen. Food storage was a short , especially fridge space.. Location was great being very neat to train. bus stations.

• 1st May 2015