Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

It was unusual to have a bed in the bathroom. (Room Omega 4)

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

The staff were NOT nice, NOT helpful

• 22nd Jan 2015

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry if you found our staff unhelpful and unfriendly, as there is no excuse for this. We do train our staff to a very high standard so that they can look after our guests in the best possible way. However, I will be sure to look into this matter! I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. All the best Orla

Nice place for just one night. Wifi was good even though it was only in the commen room, beds were nice and there was hot water so I was happy. Wouldn't do a long stay here though

A good hostel. Very close (about 200m) from Kings Cross station. Private suite is small but is good for a place to sleep at the end of the day. Private bathroom facilities were clean. Hot water was not consistent.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear the positive feedback! As the hostel is relatively new we are always trying to improve our facilities, so that our guests have a very enjoyable stay. That why we appreciate feedback, from our guests so that we know the exact areas that need to be improved. We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

stayed here before and it's great! As far as hostels go I mean, if you expect a five star hotel: don't stay here. But if youre looking for a nice place to stay a few nights this is perfect!

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

The location of the hostel couldn't be any better, only 2 minutes walking distance to King's Cross and only a few paces away from a supermarket. Staff was helpful and bathrooms were clean enough. If you want a cheap and comfortable place to sleep in London, this is the place to be.

• 15th Jan 2015

Very clean, close from station, warm water, staff was very helpful. But please note; no lifts! People with very large and heavy luggage may want to find somewhere with an elevator. The stairways were rather narrow. And breakfast is not included. However there are lots of good franchise places to eat near the hostel and station.

There is an automatic light in the hallway and a window above the room's door, which makes the entire room light up at each person passing by all night long. This and the difficulty to reach the rooms should be changed. It would also not be luxury to have a second hanger, a chair, and free towels for private rooms, seen the price. Service also could be more friendly.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

3 private dorm w bathroom First of all I'd like to point out that the location of the Hostel is perfect! The staff was really friendly + helped whenever it was necessary. The kitchen was cute, nice to hang out . The rooms were alright - I didn't expect much that's probably why I wasn't disappointed. Minus: not properly closed window, no Wifi in our room, smelly bathroom. All in all it's a place where you can def stay for a few days, you're not gonna spend that much time in there anyways ;)

• 9th Jan 2015

Nice location, super close to kings cross underground station. The hostel is not a party one, very calm. Bad bad toilets, gets all wet. Room space is soo small, would not recommend.

All the front staff were very nice and super helpful. Including Hugo, CJ, and the Romanian guy

• 6th Jan 2015

The location is perfect, but the staff wasn't very friendly and while it was on the website, there were no towels (sheets were offered instead), there were no computers with internet and there are no cooking facilities (except a microwave). The room had a terrible smell and there was no window to open, only an airconditioning system that just kept spreading the smell. It was a fine stay, especially because of the location, but not a very pleasant one.

• 4th Jan 2015

Nice place for who wants to stay near by King's Cross Station, very friendly welcome desk but... You get what you pay for : underground small box without windows, and in my room, an awful smell of sweat and mâle body, I doubt any AC was changing the air. But besides that, clean bed, clean sheets, very clean showers (without the bulky creepy electric box you can see in british shower usually, ahah ).

Didn't enjoy my stay. The staff were nice. However the showers were terrible having to push a button that turns off every 15 seconds is an unpleasant way of having a shower. Not to mention the toilets are in the shower and in the girls bathroom there were only 2 working. I would not recommend this place.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Pros: very close the train station and easy to access from heathrow. Cons: no towels on arrival and no advice on where to buy one. Not what u want to hear after 2 days traveling/ no shower. Washing machine was broken at 1 point. No sign up

We found the staff rude. I was clearly the first person to the desk and the man was talking on the phone ignoring me. He then dealt with some women who came behind me, took their gear to the storage room, came back, talked with them and another person who was again behind me, then the women came back asking to go back into the bag storage room. Our room had an extremely odd smell. The showers smelt and had a mould on the ceiling which dripped on you. I haven't receive the bond for the key yet.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Very good location for a hostel! We thought the dorm room was a little cold and humid at night. The kitchen is really nice and fresh, but it misses a stove or some kind of hot plate to cook food on. The staff was nice and helpful! Though there weren't any towels to buy while we stayed here, we still had a great time and it's a nice hostel considering.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

They say that breakfast is included, but I'm sorry breakfast is not only free coffee. I saw rats in the kitchen, the bathrooms are disgusting, wifi only in the kitchen and reception area, the location is awesome but you can find another hostel just around the corner that looks much nicer

• 29th Dec 2014

Keystone provided a fantastic stay for myself and two friends. We stayed in a private room where the facilities were very clean and the lockers in the rooms allowed us to keep our posessions secure. Hugo who worked at the front counter was fantastic and gave us tips on where to go in london and how to get there. Overall it was a great stay, thank you heaps!

• 28th Dec 2014

The shower room on 1st floor is sucks, but the one in the basement is good !!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7