Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Room didnt look anything like the picture on the website. Shower wasn't good at all. Checkout far too early in relation to checking-in time.

• 16th Nov 2014

Good location, clean rooms and bathroom but the common area was deficient and the rooms very small without window. The air quality was very poor and it smells bad. I don' t recommend the double rooms because they are all underground.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Spain

2nd stay at this hostel and would stay again. Great location and clean. Basic rooms but a good price!

The room for db1 for 4 people was very small, especially if you dont know the other persons. I think it is not the best room for a mixed room ;-) But the rest was fine.

Average and better hostels available close by. Staff unable to accommodate basic requests, and charges such as £5 per person for checking out 30mins late are excessive. Beds, bathrooms, kitchen, potential to meet other travellers all ok, but better hostels available locally at a similar or lower price.

Staff was friendly. Location is great. We slept in a quiet room downstairs, no windows, you could feel the underground. There were 2 bathrooms on our floor, one not cleaned in 2 days, the other in 3 days. There was blood on the wall of 1of the toilets. There was only 1 toilet with a bin. The room was clean but basic. The upper bed was missing a slat, the lower had a worn out mattress. The ladder was missing a rubber on a tread making it impossible to climb with bare feet. The lockers too narrow.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

When we arrived at the 4 bed room it turns out that they've put someone else as well in there and there was no knowledge of the guy that gave us the keys.it was a complete mess cause we were four people and had to be eparated so we slept two in one bed.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Greece

very clean and secure. great location and lovely kitchen,

• 12th Nov 2014

In general acomodation was ok, but very basic. Location is great, very close to undeground station and there was plenty of caffe bars, shops and nice places to eat nearby. But, it is very noisy in the evening from the street. The carpet in the room had bad smell and showers area are so small and basic.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

I was well surprised by toilet's internal arrangement. I don't think it is a good idea to place shower between sink and toilet bowl. Rather strange one...

So convenient to Kings Cross Station and St Pancras Station too

• 8th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

The location was good but because it faces to busy streets, it was quite noisy. OK for just one night.

This hostel was a nightmare. I dealt with random women sleeping in my bed, dirty sheets, horrible smells, drugs dealers, and rude bunk mates that felt it was ok to have romantic relations late at night. When I told the front desk about these complaints he questioned my character and told me I might be a free loader who just wants there money back. The management showed up 2 hours late looking hungover and did not help me get my money back. She told me they are not responsible for my troubles.

• 6th Nov 2014

Breackfast not included

we have stayed at this hostel 5 times this year and have been very impressed with everything

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Wales

I was on the third floor which meant 7 flights of stairs with the nearest shower 5 flights below me. Took an hour at check in as they were counting money? Couldn't answer any general info questions i had. Not enough power sockets. Bathrooms are gross. Minimal security. Reception are clueless in regards to allocating beds and don't expect them to have a key ready for check-in. The ONLY good thing about this place is its location. Would only stay here if there was no where else available! Awful.

We had a doubleroom and bedbugs in our bed. The bites feel horribly itchy and everything got swollen. I just want to warn you not to stay in the beds at this hostel. I am pretty sure they won't change anything as I could read I am not the only one who got it. We had 3 rooms in 4 days and the organisation could be better. The location is excellent, but that's it.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Staff was hopeless. they knew nothing, absolutely nothing. Could not give recommendations on anything and did not know about any tours they advertised. The computer system them use is awful as well. Took over 30 minutes on average to check in and out. Met lots of other people there also infuriated with the staff. Further more, when I got in, the carpet was gross. on the 3rd day it was cleaned. the showers smelled bad as well. There was no bar while I was there.

• 1st Nov 2014

The hostel itself was in a great location. Right next to Kings Cross all the underground was very accessible! Good basic hostel! The only problems I have were it would get pretty loud at night so if you want a good sleep bring some earplugs. Also they just hired an all new staff at the hostel so they were extremely unknowledgeable and incompetent. It was ridiculous. I asked someone working there and they didn't even know what the Bourgh Market or Harrods was.... I mean really?

The doors of the room close VERY loudly and constantly wake you up the whole night. We even tried to close the door softly, but it's not possible. We told the staff, but they didn't fix it. Smell in the room is not good. Also the system of selecting the beds is a total mess and caused various problems. wifi was a bit haphazard too. The kitchen has almost no cooking facilities and the included breakfast was the worst I've ever had - just white bread. Everything else was really good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7