Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

The place was easy to find, easy to check in and easy to che out. The staff was extremely polite and helpful (congrats). Also the dinning room was clean and well equipped. The beds were clean and comfortable. The lockers are very small in my opinion (a standard suitcase won't fit in) so we had to un pack serveral things to keep them. We agreed with the policy of no free wi-fi in the rooms, so less people can make annoying social media noises during the night! We definitely would come back.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Very clean hostel. I it.

We got assigned the Omega room, and it was very pleasant! Each of us had a single bed and plenty of space for us to pack our luggages. However, it was quite difficult to get to the room and we spent a while to find it. Perhaps the signages on the walls could describe better.

There was a mouse in the kitchen...probably because of the remodeling going on.

I was extremely disappointed during my stay at Keystone. The staff was very unfriendly and did not know the area well enough to even suggest places to visit. The wifi did not work in the rooms and barely worked in the lobby (we had to go to Starbucks to figure out our plans). The rooms smelled like dirty feet and the showers were not cleaned daily. Overall, I would not recommend this hostel because of these issues but mainly because the staff was very rude.

• 23rd Apr 2015

We got assigned the Omega room which was very spacious and comfortable. We had three single beds and lots of space for our individual luggages. We enjoyed the room a lot, even though it was quite confusing to find it from the ground floor at the start - we felt that the signages could be done better to facilitate our finding of the room.

Was amazed by how lovely the room and on suite toilet was, so clean and the bed was so comfy with lovely fresh sheets. Staff were helpful

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Clean, comfortable and the room that I was in was quiet. It was a bit of a warren, more signposts could help, especially to the bathrooms. Bring your own towel.

We stay there two nights, everything is fine, especially the location, it is easy to go anywhere u want, it only take 5 mins from the hostel to the kings cross station. the only problem is too few bathromm and the toilett is not separeted, it is really awkward to have some men in the toilett.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • China

Very helpful irish lady on reception.

We chose this hostel, because our friend recommended it. The location is absolutely perfect. Special thanks to hostel management for excellent customer service. Our group stayed there for 3 nights only, but we would like to come back one day. Greetings from Finland!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Finland

It was a great hostel to spend your holidays, and the spanish receptionist is very nice and helpful

Really good - keep doing what you're doing!

• 15th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

The location is brilliant, just a 5 mins walk from King's Cross. There isn't any lift in the building so we had to lug our luggages up and down the narrow stairwell. It was also disappointing when the staff didn't seem to recognize their own customers - one of us got questioned when he went downstairs to inquire about the Internet cafe (advertised on the exterior of the building). We also needed to pay £2 per bag for depositing them after our checkout, which we felt was quite unnecessary.

Only two issues with our stay: 1) the key for another room at the accommodation was used to open the door to our room. That was a bit of a shock to us and the people who walked in thinking they were walking into an empty room. I'm just glad we were in the room at the time. 2) the shower control was very sticky, to the point where the whole piping assembly was coming out of the wall from the force required to close the water.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

The hotel was really nice and the issue issue we had was that there was no hot water in the bathroom sink (we didn't try the shower). We didn't have time to go to the reception as we were due to get on a train. It was freezing!!

• 11th Apr 2015

For the private room, it would be nice if the hostel could provide towels and toiletry.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

This hostel is amazing when taking into account only the room, but when I arrived there, the guy who was working there was really rude with me, and he didn't want to show me where my room was, when I asked for the third time (after searching by myself) he finally went upstairs and for my surprise, he couldn't find it himself. On the last day they charged 6 pounds for staying with my luggage for 3 hours after checkout.

It's a very nice hostel with an excellent location and stuff as well. Sergio is always ready to help and Orla as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Best wishes

Aside from the location, this hostel was abysmal. The staff were not friendly, nor were they accommodating when they made mistakes. The rooms underground were stuffy, the air conditioner would make very loud noises in the middle of the night and smelled like vinegar. Those rooms are below the bar, so it's incredibly loud. There was blood on our duvet, and they did not give us a new one, so we slept under a single, damp-feeling sheet. If you want to experience a bad hostel, then this is for you.

• 8th Apr 2015