Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Only two issues with our stay: 1) the key for another room at the accommodation was used to open the door to our room. That was a bit of a shock to us and the people who walked in thinking they were walking into an empty room. I'm just glad we were in the room at the time. 2) the shower control was very sticky, to the point where the whole piping assembly was coming out of the wall from the force required to close the water.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

The hotel was really nice and the issue issue we had was that there was no hot water in the bathroom sink (we didn't try the shower). We didn't have time to go to the reception as we were due to get on a train. It was freezing!!

• 11th Apr 2015

For the private room, it would be nice if the hostel could provide towels and toiletry.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

It's a very nice hostel with an excellent location and stuff as well. Sergio is always ready to help and Orla as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Best wishes

Aside from the location, this hostel was abysmal. The staff were not friendly, nor were they accommodating when they made mistakes. The rooms underground were stuffy, the air conditioner would make very loud noises in the middle of the night and smelled like vinegar. Those rooms are below the bar, so it's incredibly loud. There was blood on our duvet, and they did not give us a new one, so we slept under a single, damp-feeling sheet. If you want to experience a bad hostel, then this is for you.

• 8th Apr 2015

I would've liked to have had wifi access in the bedroom. It was a nice and clean hostel, however, and not too expensive considering I got a double room to myself.

• 7th Apr 2015

The only thing I have to say abut this hostel is that, I hope it stays as excellent in all means, as it was when I stayed there.

Too much of a maze. Had to use door/key lock to move within building: ie, to go to reception and then to kitchen. Could only get wifi in kitchen area. Room was always crowded and hot.

• 4th Apr 2015

Very conveniently located and good value for money. Only real downside it's a bit noisy.

Due to construction works the kitchen and common room are hugely inadequate. The wifi is weak and only available in the common room. The checking in process is slow. No forewarning about the £6 key card charge (however it is refunded). Basement corridors smell of damp. Good beds with individual lights.

Doesn't really have a kitchen, just a kettle, microwave and a toaster... Showers are on a 5 second timer too which was just ridiculous...

The shower room on the first floor really needs to be improved. No hot water, not even warm. The taps are those pushing ones, which means that you have to keep push the bottom every 30 seconds in order to have water to shower. Very inconvenient! However, I do find they have other shower rooms in the basement, but they are located on the other part of the hostel and it's a different entrance door. The location is very good indeed.

The air conditioning in the room was not working and there was no ventilation in the room. I sought help from the reception but the staff only told me to open the door of my room for the whole night and said there was nothing he could do about it until the next morning when the engineer came. It is also very noisy at night. I could hear every footstep of people walking by and was unable to fall asleep until 2sth am.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Best hostel ever and very nice stuff. I suggest everyone to come here if they want to have fun! Specially Sergio who is very helpful

The staff could be more gentle, they don't have wi-fi in the rooms, the lockers are so tight and the kitchen is really far from the rooms. The best thing is definitely the location, 5 minutes walking from King's Cross, where you can get train for anywhere.

• 30th Mar 2015

Best hostel ever in every sense. The spanish receptionist always ready to help

My room was really smelly.

Wifi didn't work. No ventilation in bathroom so therefore smelt. Construction was happening and we were not informed.

• 29th Mar 2015

Best hostel I've visited so far in London, the staff were very helpful and fun, in particular the Spanish receptionist Sergio.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

just have two complaints...they dont have an oven/stove in the kitchen, just a microwave and is so close to the underground station that you can hear the trains from the rooms downstairs...it was no problem for me to sleep, but maybe for someone...overall the hostel is pretty good and I recommend it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7