Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

I had a great stay in a place with a super smooth vibe and totally cool staff.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Wales

I could not sleep as people in the room next to mine were talking until 4 in the morning!!!!!

• 25th Feb 2015

It was a pity, that there was no continental breakfast, how it is announced on the website. Furthermore, there is no real kitchen to cook and prepare some meal.

• 23rd Feb 2015

We stayed there just one night before leaving London after a road trip in south England, the place was easy to find, the staff was nice too, and very helpful. But I would just say that the room was too pricy for it has no windows ... Appart from that everything was clean and confortable.

The staff in the hostel were REALLY unfriendly. Almost unpolite. The attitude was 'we are too cool for the school' And sorry but... no way! The Aircon was broken, WiFi was broken, no hot water. Too cool to say sorry when we asked, like 'don´t give me that ...'

The smell entering the room totally killed me. No hot water, no internet, no washing machines... seems that lots of things aren't properly working. The staff was really nice, they tried to help as much as they could.

Hello Maeva Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for bringing these matters to our attention. Regarding the odour in the room, all rooms do contain A.C & windows are left open after cleaning to allow fresh air to circulate the room. As there are so many guests using the hot water, internet, and washing facilities at once, they may just need to checked by a member of staff to ensure it is not just a simple issue however we do sincerely apologise for this! Best wishes Orla

We had a few booking issues but the staff did a fantastic job solving them. Contact before booking with the hostel was fantastic too. All questions I had were answered promptly.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Its an expensive hostel when it comes to the average facilities. In addition, you don't have wifi in the bedrooms, the toilets are too small and the bedrooms are smelling.

Very convenient location, just 5 mins walk from King's Cross and St. Pancras. They have refurbished it since the last time I visited and the room we had looked much better now, having a spacious bathroom. The only problem was that I had requested a 3 separate bed room since October and when I called to confirm my booking in February they said it was not available... However, they offered me a discount for the bunk bed.

Hi Rodopi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. I do apologise however for the mix up in your reservation I will be sure to investigate this further & thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Best wishes Orla

Turned shower is working just few minutes after he turns off.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Lithuania

I had to wait 20 minutes to check-in. Not sure why as there were 2 people on reception. The room was on the lower ground floor & so there were no windows, but the hostel do email you beforehand to inform you of this & they give you the opportunity to change. Needless to say the room was stuffy but there was air con, although it was temperamental. The showers were clean but very small. The toilets are unisex & people smoke in there! Kitchen is ok but there isn't a cooker. A few drunk men around.

The rooms without windows don't have proper ventilation, only a small-passive tube and because of that in our room there was high humidity and bad smell (we'd our door opened for one hour when we arrived).That kind of rooms (basic double) are in the underground...near a Metro. I couldn't believe that into a place where people pay to sleep and rest you can listen(and sense) a Metro passing each 30 seconds !!.The walls hasn't proper acoustic isolation and you listen all the nearest room noises

Hi Juan Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I can see from your reservation that you stayed in LU5. On Hostel world it does mention that this room is below ground level and has no windows, all these rooms do however contain A.C. Also because the hostel is located beside Kings cross station the noise of the tube is unavoidable I'm afraid. We appreciate your feedback so that we know the exact areas that need improving. I do hope you stay with us again. Best wishes Orla

Great hostel! I used it to go to the Facedown club at Scala and was thrilled to discover that this hostel was immediately across the street from the club so it was absolutely perfect! Friendly staff, clean hot showers, good security system, nice fun and friendly atmosphere. Nicely decorated and well kept. Would definitely stay here again!

• 6th Feb 2015

Hello Emily Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. Best wishes Orla

I booked two nights but I coudn't put myself through a second. I stayed in a tiny 4 bunk dorm which was boiling hot and far too small to accommodate 4. Honestly horrendous, avoid. And they give you narrow lockers for storage which are completely impractical for a suitcase or backpack. I had to use the luggage room all the time instead.

The hot water wasn't satisfying, it went on and off. I ended up not having a shower. However the bathroom was lovely. The clothes hanger were impossible to use but the bedroom was moderately satisfying.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

The thing that I like the most was that the staff show always willingles to help. There was not really hot water and the bed was not completely clean. I did not like the experience at all.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

My friend and I stayed a here a couple of weeks ago, I thought there was an age restriction in the hostel because this actually makes us feel safer, but my surprise was when I got my room and there were all men (adult men that looked over 35 years old). This is the main reason I rate this hostel super low, aside of the fact that I didn't get my deposit for the keys back, the beds didn't look clean at all. I hope that you guys work on this ASAP.

The showers were cold and the rooms were freezing, but apart from that I had no problems. 50%

Keystone House is in a great location and the beds are very comfy! I'd recommend any day.

• 28th Jan 2015

Having wifi only in the common room was a pity. The common room wasn't that big and always filled with drunk people, who you had to be with just to receive or send some emails. Not many power outlets in the room... Beware of London Underground rooms that have no windows whatsoever. I had a reservation for one of those without knowing because it wasn't possible to choose from regular/underground in HostelWorld's website.

• 27th Jan 2015