Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

perfect, just to improve the cleaning, bed linen is not spotless.

• 9th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I was really pleased with this hostel. It was the first time I booked a bed there. I loved the location right next to King's Cross station and the staff was very helpful. Finally, the room, showers and toilets were clean for a change compared to other hostels I had stayed in.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Have stayed in a few hostels and have to say this is the best one so far. Was clean, friendly and well priced. Will be staying again in the future.

Bathroom was ok but can be better. should be kept clean. and the Wifi. it keeps going on and off!! besides that, everything was great! thank you J

• South Korea

the hostel was pleasantly clean and not as noisy as we had read in other reviews. The staff were helpful and we had an enjoyable stay. thank you.

• 3rd May 2014

I think you may need to update your photos on your website as they come across as a bit misleading.

• 3rd May 2014

+ the location was excellent - close to Kings Cross :-) - the hostel charges a key deposit of GBP 6.00 ... this is the first time I have come across a key deposit to be paid upfront - the bathroom layout is strange ... they are individual cubicles containing: toilet, basin and shower (which is in the middle). This means that the whole thing will flood when you shower - so beware. - I had to wait a long time for the receptionist who was not at his desk - bad value for money for a 16 bed dorm

Fantastic location for anyone arriving by train, so close to St. Pancras. Very friendly staff. I stayed in a 16 bed female dorm, but it was very well laid out, and did allow an amount of privacy. Bathrooms and kitchen were basic but clean and well maintained. Will definitley stay there again.

• 2nd May 2014

Toilet and bathroom are clean. Staff are nice. But our room was very noise. Our room was in basement. We heard people walk around, talking in next room and noise from underground when train pass through. We couldn't sleep. Luckily we stayed 1 night only.

I wasn't given back the £6 fee in case something breaks. I ordered a private, quiet room for two and we ended up in a room for 4 with two bunk beds, hopefully no one was there but it was way smaller that what was expected and really diferent from the photo on the website. The staf didn't wan't to change the room and said we had this room because the hostel was full but we reserved the room online eary so it wasn't fair. Otherwise, very clean and comfortable but no curtains on the bunk beds.

One man in my room was behaving so bad (noisy, disgusting, no self-control, drunk) that police was called to take him away. But the staff tried to be helpful. The rest of the time was rather peaceful. About rooms and corridors - they are quite small/narrow, so there's small air circulation that causes a constant smell of toilets and detergents (unfortunately - particular smell of the hostel). The kitchen was crowdy in the breakfast time - too little toasters, sometimes lack of milk.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Excellent facilities, and location. two block from underground and train station, so many restaurants around. Bunk beds comfy, common bathrooms, showers clean. No complaints.

Very nice hostel, staff available, clean room

Excelent, Ill stay there over and over again :)

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Showers last 6 seconds every time you push the button. The only thing worth staying there for is the connectivity to the rest of the city

Took a while to check us in as the staff were swapping shifts, but once we had our room it was clean and tidy. Comfortable beds with plenty of bedding. Rooms are loud, as right next to the road, but the location is excellent for access to the tube, literally a two minute walk away. Good toilet and shower facilities, clean and spacious. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Good internet access.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Wales

Extremely noisy till small hours of the night. Also poor cleanliness. All this no doubt the boarders' fault rather than the management's directly, but the place will only suit the specially undemanding backpacker. Plus points: friendly staff and great location, but even granting the latter, the cost is too high.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • India

I still have not received the money from the key deposit which seems unfriendly and has left me feeling some what put off even though it isn't a lot of money - it is the principle. Otherwise I am not sure I would elect to stay in a hostel again, the quarters were quite small and the bathroom never got dry. However it was convenient and I felt safe.

• 21st Apr 2014

Good value of money. Very near to train station. Staff were friendly. Room was decent, though smelled a bit. But being a 16 beds dorm, this is understandable. Breakfast served was simple. The bread served was beyond expiry date, though it was still edible, people might worry bout it.

A pretty good hostel, the staff wasn't very friendly but helped with everything we needed to sort inside the hostel, not much helpful to point attractions or even Pubs. The most amazing thing is the location, the price and the bathrooms which were always clean at least in the morning and evening. The hostel has lockers by your bed and the luggage room seemed pretty safe. Nothing to complain! Thank you for the stay

• 20th Apr 2014