Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

The atmosphere is bad as no environment is created in order people could comunicate eachother. Internet is very expensive; the hostel. WI-fi is only reachable from one point in the whole hostel...one single small room. The room 3A was not possible to open the windows...The air conditioning just cause me a bad cold from which I'm still recovering! As far as facilities, 5 pounds for one towel is too much! Breakfast has not any sort of fruit and offers gelly instead of jam...and no butter!!

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • Portugal

"Free wifi" only available in common room which is locked outside 7am-11pm. Very noisy: corner of 2 busy streets with more sirens continually through the night than I have heard anywhere, lots of school kids. Location only plus - better places in London

We stayed for 2 nights in September. Overall a stay well worth the cash we payed for it. The place was very clean and tidy, although they might want to rethink the carpets in the private rooms and a makeover in the bathrooms is probably overdue, although both the rooms and bathrooms were very well kept and clean. I would recommend the hostel to a friend.

Good location, but very small room and toilet and shower room, unclean aisle, common room. worst breakfast and kitchen!

Many rooms have not windows. The wi fi doesn't work

Cool staff very friendly.

• 19th Sep 2013

A Very bad twin-bed room in basement, very noisy by tube & people walk from upstairs; bed sheets didn't clean enough that cause my brother’s skin itched, it doesn't worth to pay twin-beds price for this room, and the light of aisle doesn't work, it makes you hard to walk to bathroom or toilet. Very regretting, I should pay a dorm room for cheap price and not stay in the uncomfortable basement. BTW, free luggage storage only before you check-in not check-out.

The hostel is ok, but could have been better. It has a nice bar, but the breakfast is poor and if you get to the kitchen between 9 and 10 o'clok, just find crumbs.

It smelled really bad. You had to pay way too much for internet access.

The location is very good, you can go anywhere conviniently. If the bathroom larger will be better

• 17th Sep 2013
  • China

Ive been to lots of hostels around the world and this one was the worst. The hot water was not working. I had to shower for two days with freezing water in london where it gets really cold. There was no wi fi, just in a common room which closes up early. No one helps you with your luggage, and bear in mind there are LOTS of stairs. The breakfast is really poor, there is basically just an instant coffee and thats it. Also, they need to clean up that place!

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Argentina

Can recommend this hostel to people whom are happy to have a nice, clean place to stay. It's not a luxury hotel, but we liked a lot of the place (mostly cause of the friendly and helpful staff), it has a good atmosphere. Definitely will book the same hostel again, if are coming to London

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Finland

Hi Katja Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. it's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Overall a good hostel. Minor problems: the lockers are too narrow to be useful. The breakfast is fairly pathetic.

I always feel safe and comfortable here. It is very conveniently located for everywhere I need to get to in London. I wish the lockers were a bit bigger in the ladies dorm. This is the best Hostel I have stayed in in London :)

the only is thing is the location. the bed is not comfortable. i had the lower one. the room is packed and dirty.

Two minutes walking from Kings Cross station from where you can go almost everywhere by tube/underground. We got a room at the basement and it was like sleeping in a bunker (no windows, no nothing but a locker) but it was clean and the beds are comfortable. There is a kitchen where you can get some basic breakfast. Kind staff 24hrs that sits at the desk and controls who gets in and out. They helped us with getting directions and some useful information. All in all was worth the money!

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Spain

When we first arrived, the woman at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. We were also pleasantly surprised by the room and bathroom cleanliness. Throughout the weekend, things went downhill. The cleanliness of the bathroom plummeted -- there were chunks of hair stuck in the drain. My travel companions and I couldn't even muster up the courage to shower. The front desk people became increasingly unhelpful (we never saw that original woman again). Overall, I had an average experience

I have stayed in lots of hostels in London and this was the best. Will definitely use this hostel when I'm next in the city.

• 12th Sep 2013

beautiful emplacement, i will come back soon

• 10th Sep 2013

Even when the location is good, the rooms are very bad insolated, so you basically cannot sleep due to the noise of the buses that stop just in front of the hostel. In the shower the water is hot, too hot so you can only resistet for a few seconds. The breakfast is too basic.