Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Even if you can certainly spend one good night in this hostel, it is comparatively less interesting than other hostels in London for the same price: very noisy due to traffic and loud music in the street, no free wi-fi in the bedrooms and one of the two blinds in our room was broken so we had the light in the morning. Several advantages however: location (close to St-Pancras/King Cross in a night lively neighborood), nice common places with wi-fi at the reception and spacious breakfast room

Our room was really small but clean and silent, so was good for us.

Everything was really good. The lockers are right by people's heads and when trying to leave early in the morning, it was kind of weird getting stuff out of the lockers when people were sleeping.

It is just beside the King's Cross, easy to find & get there. As it is located by the road, so you may hear the bus/ train, but I think is alright, coz I have a nice sleep there for 3 nights. Although it said 16 beds, but I feel like only 8 beds are presence, so it is nice. For the entry, we are using the smart key, so it is quite secure. One problem is that the bathroom do not have heater, i feel really cold when having a bath, it is better if a heater can be installed.

During the night you can actually feel the walls trembling and the sound of trains or subways too like some sort of earthquake sometimes.

Security was good, but I don't know why it was necessary to need a key to exit rooms, particularly to exit the hostel itself, that seems unnecessary.

They need to upgrade facilities. Carlos from the staff was a really nice guy.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Portugal

One remark: the fire alarm that went off twice in two days, at VERY inconvenient hours : 8am on Saturday morning and 11pm on Sunday night.

Really well placed, 2 minutes walking from kings cross train station and underground. Just some trouble with the showers, in the pick times too few for too much guests.

We had a very friendly welcome, the staff were extremely helpful. It was a perfectly reasonable place to stay, with helpful friendly staff and was very clean.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Everything was clean & the bed was very comfortable, so I slept well. Not so good was having to go down the stairs to the bathroom, especially in the middle of the night to use the toilet. I aimed to go downstairs for breakfast, but after going down & up stairs, & finding out there was another set of stairs after another long walk, I decided to give breakfast a miss, as I needed to go to work.

Loved the backpackers pub!

Hi, first of all I booked a twin bed room but to my surprise the photos are actually different and it was a bunk bed. The hostel should have informed me. Also I called them and said that I would be arriving at 10 am, they said its ok. when i arrived they said that check in time is at 2 pm and i had to wait. Too bad

• 13th Feb 2014
  • India

Good place , Nice People a. Had a private room and it was perfect for me n My friend!

The customer service was at a high standard and the staff were very friendly.

• 10th Feb 2014

Will stay again when visiting London because of the convenient location and relative value for money. Looking forward to the completion of the kitchen facilities.

• 9th Feb 2014

Expect to be met with a very, very basic Breakfast - but to be hones for the cost of the accommodation you can't complain.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Excellent location (near King's Cross = excellent metro service, the whole of London within reach), and comparatively cheap. On the other hand, the rooms are rather noisy (bring some earplugs) and the included breakfast is very, very spartan (bring some juice). Rooms are clean, kitchen not. We had an ensuite with private bathroom (very nice) so we can't judge the communal bathrooms.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Haha, my stay at the hostel didn't go as planned as in the end I only used the room to store my stuff while I was around London, but everything was super safe, the other guests pleasant, staff really lovely, decent price and literally over the road from Kings Cross station so easy to get to/from... Will use again next time I need a hostel in London!!

This hostel is excellently located right near Kings Cross which was why we chose it to stay one night. It was an adequate hostel with good security and a comfortable bed. While breakfast was offered in the morning it seemed no one had washed up for days which was inconvenient and not pleasant. Wifi only available in the small dining room and bar downstairs. Overall an alright hostel.