Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Great location and if you are looking for somthing simple as in just a bed then this is your place, facilities were ok and the bed was comfy, staff were very helpfull but above all the best thing about the hostel is of course the location.

great location, nice staff and free wifi. Would recommend.

This hostel has a great location- it is very close to the station and everyone was friendly and welcoming. I was only there for one night but I have stayed in a few other hostels in London before and this one is great value for money. Loved the free wifi and bar.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Lithuania

Let me tell you about my experience in Key Stone Hostel. Firstly, we were very excited about our room. It was bigger than the last time we stayed in the hostel, this time it was under the ground so it would be dark. Little did we know that the fact is was downstairs would be the worst thing ever. Apparently, there was a bar right above our room. When we got home around 9 pm, and we were exhausted, we heard a lot of noise. Then in all of the sudden it sounded like a bowling ball fell on top of ou

• 22nd Mar 2014

It is well located , easy to find and get from the airport. Total privacy for me and my boyfriend, very safe as well

• 20th Mar 2014

We spent 3 nights from Monday, March 17, 2014 to Thursday, March 20, 2014 in this hostel. The hotel is very well located, the staff is very welcoming, the basic double room was ok, the only downside is the single glazed so it was hard to sleep with the noise outside. The streets are circulating around even at night. We had a good time anyway.

• 17th Mar 2014

Very clean. Kind of loud outside as it's next to the kings cross station but otherwise great stay.

• 17th Mar 2014

The "poor" for cleanliness is only due to a constant mouldy smell that we couldn't get rid of no matter how long the A/C ran and a mouse that woke us at 4:48 am during our last night. I guess that even in a hostel that is not ok. Other than that everything was absolutely fine and the staff was perfectly helpful and nice. :-)

• 17th Mar 2014

The location alone was worth the money - a short walk away from King's Cross. The room was decent, beds comfortable; there's absolutely no commodity for free, but that was expected. Finding a clean toilet was an issue, and the staff was friendly but not overly helpful. Tiny stairs and no lift. Bring the will to roam the narrow stairs for clean bathrooms and towels/toiletries/padlocks/3G and you'll be ok.

Stayed at Keystone for two nights, was welcomed by cheerful staff on all occasions. It was a 5-10 minute walk from Euston and just next to Kings Cross/St Pancras so brilliant for people coming into London via those stations. Toilets/showers were on occasion blocked up and not suitable for use which was irritating as I'd have to find other facilities to use. Dorm were not full but well-equipped and other residents friendly. Brilliant atmosphere and a nice, cheap and cheerful place to stay.

• 14th Mar 2014

Fantastic location and great price! We were positively surprised by the bathroom (private twin), it was new, large and the shower worked without constantly pushing the button. Not too impressed by the hairs in my bed and the shower was lukewarm at best on the third day I used it. Also, what's with the mad fire alarms in the early morning, nearly gave me a heart attack, 3 days in a row.

• 14th Mar 2014

no problems, very good location. nothing to complain

• 14th Mar 2014

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

I chose the Hostel because of its location, but it was rather expensive and the service has not been to great. They charge you for almoste everything even for storing you luggage. The breakfast was not too good either.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As the hostel is very central & close to the major train & tube stations I believe our rates are very competitive in relation to other hostels in the area. Luggage storage is available free of charge before check in and after check out we charge a small fee, in comparison to other luggage storage facilities in the Kings cross area, I believe we are one of the cheapest. I will gladly pass all your comments on to the management. Best Orla

Unfortunately poor sound isolation at the windows, so the full sonic mayhem of London City nights kicks in. :-/ But then again it's just a hostel, so I understand if not everything is first class.

I don't even know where to start. I work on top class hospitality industry and I know how different hostels are to what I am used to and I know how easy it is to make bad reviews and to depreciate all the efforts made during somebody stay anywhere in the world. But this was really really bad, the fake smiles and fake sympathy at the reception was making me go crazy. They speak worst than the foreign and are no helpful. I don't even know what kind of reviews you are looking for to be honest.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hostel. I am also very sorry if you found our staff unhelpful and unsympathetic as in general we always get good feedback about our staff. Our staff are trained to a very high standard so that they can look after our guests in the best possible way. However, I will be sure to look into this matter! I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. All the best Orla

-The "clean" sheets had many strands of hair and stains. There was also a pen melted onto one of them. -Toilet seat in bathroom was broken. -Showers: pushing button let water out for what seemed like just 5 seconds.... I understand it's to save water, but it was really annoying to have to press it so many times. -Room was really small and felt cramped with the two big lockers inside.

• 9th Mar 2014

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry you found hairs/stains on your bed sheets, there is no excuse for this. The linen on the beds are changed after each guest, and rooms are cleaned twice daily as hygiene is one of our top priorities I am so glad you brought this to our attention and I will be sure that the management are fully aware of this. Always let reception know if your unhappy with anything and they will do their best to help you in anyway they can, Orla

- bad breakfast - old umcomfty beds - not clean - too expensiv for what you get

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hostel. We appreciate feedback from our guests so that we know the areas that need to be improved. As the hostel is very central and close to the major train & tube station I believe our rates are very competitive in relation to other hostels in the area. Also hygiene is one of our top priority, as our cleaners clean all areas twice daily. I do hope you will stay with us again. Orla

This hostel was more expensive than some, but after having a really bad experience with a cheaper hostel in London (which is a city with notoriously bad hostels) we decided to pay a little more and not take the chance. This hostel was very average, beds were comfy and clean though. There are LOTS of stairs in this place, and we were on the 4th floor also so watch out if you can't carry your luggage, as there's no elevator. Great location by Kings cross station. Atmosphere is ok, nothing special.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As the hostel is relatively new we are always trying to improve our facilities. Therefore we appreciate feedback from our guests so that we know the exact areas that need to be improved. I do appreciate, it is not easy carrying your luggage up the stairs so perhaps an elevator maybe something to consider for the future also our staff are always there to lend a hand. I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Orla

The bathrooms aren't clean, the matresses old and uncomfortable. Though the staff is very friendly, they aren't really teached. Breakfast is chaos as they don't send staff to make sure that there is allways food and no complete disorder.

location is sooo good but wifi only allowed at lobby