Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

place is in good location but the room i was in was very noisy. I can hear traffic outside and ambulance noises which was very frequent. Good enought as a hub but not so relaxing environment....

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Philippines

Somewhere to stay, not somewhere to enjoy.

It was one of the best locations I could imagine and the price was fantastic.

Staff are really nice here and there is everything you need available. Good atmosphere with the bar downstairs and common room. There are lockers but take your own padlock as it is £5 to buy one. Don't be fooled by the kitchen as myself and a couple others did, there are no cooking facilities just a microwave and toaster.

• 11th Dec 2013

Good location near the underground station. Great staff, kitchen corner, a lot of facilities. I'll stay here at the future

We came for the fourth time, we love it, we don't need more! Keep going the good work! regards dikkie zuijderduijn.

• 7th Dec 2013

I stayed in 4th floor. Toilets were just in the 1st floor. For every single toothbrush i had to go 3 floors lower. But the most interesting things are the showers! Wait for this. You have toilet seat and shower in the same place actually. First you have a curtain then place for shower then curtain again and after that the second curtain, toilet seat finnaly awaits you. So you have to step over shower floor with shoes probably to have a moment in WC. Horrible. I have never seen anything like it.

The hostel as a fantastic atmosphere, all the people there are nice and kind to you. To rooms are warm, the conditioned air is working good! Just one or two repairs: you have to be the first ones to take breakfast if you want some choice of food (in my first day I only have bread and butter because its the only thing left) and the wi-fi doesn't work so good, it breaks all the time. I recommend this hostel for sure!

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear the positive feedback! I will gladly pass your comments about the breakfast and Wi Fi on to the management and make sure that these areas are improved for the future. We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

I had a lovely stay, a very comfy bed and that was ideally located for what I was in London for. I just struggled (for about 5 minutes so it's not so much of a hassle) to understand how to get breakfast. I was a bit shy at the beginning!

• 4th Dec 2013

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

0) V. cool location, cross the street from King's Cross tube station, close to boris bikes etc. 1) Shabby bathroom 2) Wi Fi only in one room that's available only untill 11pm

It is fine hostel for back packers and other people who do not want to spend too much money. It would be nice if towels were included.

• 2nd Dec 2013

They don't have elevators, so consider this if you're travelling with heavy luggage. They include breakfast, but I wouldn't recommend it for that. However, they have large fridges where you can store your own food and microwaves so you can prepare something and have it on the dinning room.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As the hostel is relatively new we are always trying to improve our facilities, so again thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate, it is not easy carrying your luggage up the stairs so perhaps an elevator maybe something to consider for the future. Our staff are also always there to lend a hand. We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

STARTING FROM THE POLICY OF hostel. ENTERING THE ROOM WAS ON 2 THE AFTERNOON AND NEED TO LEAVE THE ROOM ON 10 IN THE MORNING. TO GIVE OUR FREE INTERNET CONNECTION SHOULD PAY FIVE POUNDS FOR SPECIFIC AREAS WHERE NOT INCLUDED IN THE ROOM. We booked a room for three people, BUT the room did not fit on two people. THANK GOD IT WAS CLEAN ON. To rent TOWEL wanted FIVE POUNDS. TO LEAVE THE CASES OUR AFTER DELIVERY OF ROOM TO hostel had to pay TWO POUNDS EACH CASE.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Greece

poor breakfast orange juice and some other bakery products than only toasts would be nice

We stayed here on a Sunday night. The location was great for us as we were getting the train to Manchester the following morning from Euston and it is only a 5 minute walk. The toilets were clean and the showers were too but it would be worth wearing flipflops in the shower I think. The room and the bed linen was also very clean and the bed was comfortable. We stayed in the basement in a twin private room (bunk bed). We could hear the tube trains under the floor in the morning.

• 24th Nov 2013

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! Because the hostel is quite central and beside the Eurostar and Kings cross tube station, it is very hard to avoid the noise. We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

I was only here for a night, but I felt super uncomfortable the whole time. It was very hard to find my around, the building was a maze. The kitchen was attached to a bar and was very messy. The wifi was spotty. The beds were pretty comfortable, but the bathrooms were very tight. It was alright for just one night, but I didn't feel very welcomed by the staff either. It was only a minute from King's Cross which was a plus. Overall, it was alright, but it could have been better.

Sheets were a bit untidy when we arrived. The place is in a very convenient location for travel, which was the most important part. A bit expensive, but not in terms of London I guess. I would stay here again as it provided what I needed, a simple, decently clean place, to rest after long days of travel. I like its proximity to the Tube lines, as I did not have to change trains usually. Free breakfast was a pleasant surprise even it was just toast and jam.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Great location in London and all together a very nice place to stay. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. I disliked the fact that the wifi was only accessible in the common room/bar, though. Most of the time, the staff was very helpful, but there were employees I encountered that were not very respectful or helpful. An average hostel.

• 21st Nov 2013

Hi Kathleen Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear the positive feedback! I will gladly pass your comment about the Wi Fi on to the management. I am very sorry if you found some of our staff unhelpful. We do train our staff to a very high standard so that they can look after our guests in the best possible way. However, I will be sure to look into this matter! I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. All the best Orla

Did not feel safe. Gross private double twin that smelled. Staff was indifferent. Had to PAY for a towel. Shower did not work. Breakfast/kitchen waa not stocked or clean. Next to Kings Cross station and British Library and Starbucks. Not worth the price.

• 21st Nov 2013

Hi Kendyl Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at our hostel. As the hostel is relatively new we are always trying to improve our facilities. All the rooms contain A.C with a remote control to regulate temp. All areas of the the hostel are cleaned twice daily as hygiene is one of our top priority. Always go to reception if something does not work as someone in maintenance will gladly help! I will happily take your comments on board. Orla

WiFi only in the bar, which closed quite early 10 or 11 I believe, which was kind of annoying. Overall though a great hostel, incredibly close to kings cross st pancras, pretty great value.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! I will gladly pass your comment about the Wi Fi on to the management. We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla