Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Great hostel! I used it to go to the Facedown club at Scala and was thrilled to discover that this hostel was immediately across the street from the club so it was absolutely perfect! Friendly staff, clean hot showers, good security system, nice fun and friendly atmosphere. Nicely decorated and well kept. Would definitely stay here again!

• 6th Feb 2015

Hello Emily Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. Best wishes Orla

Pretty average place. Great if you need to catch the train from Kings Cross early in the morning. No wifi in rooms, cold shower, strange vibe in the common area... Decent kitchen tho. Wouldn't stay here for more than one night

I booked two nights but I coudn't put myself through a second. I stayed in a tiny 4 bunk dorm which was boiling hot and far too small to accommodate 4. Honestly horrendous, avoid. And they give you narrow lockers for storage which are completely impractical for a suitcase or backpack. I had to use the luggage room all the time instead.

The hot water wasn't satisfying, it went on and off. I ended up not having a shower. However the bathroom was lovely. The clothes hanger were impossible to use but the bedroom was moderately satisfying.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

The thing that I like the most was that the staff show always willingles to help. There was not really hot water and the bed was not completely clean. I did not like the experience at all.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

My friend and I stayed a here a couple of weeks ago, I thought there was an age restriction in the hostel because this actually makes us feel safer, but my surprise was when I got my room and there were all men (adult men that looked over 35 years old). This is the main reason I rate this hostel super low, aside of the fact that I didn't get my deposit for the keys back, the beds didn't look clean at all. I hope that you guys work on this ASAP.

The showers were cold and the rooms were freezing, but apart from that I had no problems. 50%

Keystone House is in a great location and the beds are very comfy! I'd recommend any day.

• 28th Jan 2015

Having wifi only in the common room was a pity. The common room wasn't that big and always filled with drunk people, who you had to be with just to receive or send some emails. Not many power outlets in the room... Beware of London Underground rooms that have no windows whatsoever. I had a reservation for one of those without knowing because it wasn't possible to choose from regular/underground in HostelWorld's website.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

Amazing location, great staff, however the facilities were only average. No free wifi was available in the rooms. It should be. I know this is advertised, however it led to the common room being extremely crowded, noisy and at times a little out of control. The staff never said anything to one man in particular, who regularly got drunk beyond control (every night). The facilities were average. Its annoying to not have warmer water, and a push button shower handle. Made for luke-warm showers.

The location is great, very close to Kings Cross station and bus stops. It is secured with magnetic keys. It is also clean. The facilities has a minus as the hostel does not have lift so you need to leave your big luggage in the store if you do not want to bring up stair. The lockers inside rooms are so small that you even could not put your backpack inside. The staff are very friendly.

Location and staff are fine. The room was freezing cold. The beds are noisy. The showers were cold! Not even warm. Having stayed here for three nights, I have returned home with a cold.

It was unusual to have a bed in the bathroom. (Room Omega 4)

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

The staff were NOT nice, NOT helpful

• 22nd Jan 2015

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry if you found our staff unhelpful and unfriendly, as there is no excuse for this. We do train our staff to a very high standard so that they can look after our guests in the best possible way. However, I will be sure to look into this matter! I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. All the best Orla

Nice place for just one night. Wifi was good even though it was only in the commen room, beds were nice and there was hot water so I was happy. Wouldn't do a long stay here though

A good hostel. Very close (about 200m) from Kings Cross station. Private suite is small but is good for a place to sleep at the end of the day. Private bathroom facilities were clean. Hot water was not consistent.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear the positive feedback! As the hostel is relatively new we are always trying to improve our facilities, so that our guests have a very enjoyable stay. That why we appreciate feedback, from our guests so that we know the exact areas that need to be improved. We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

stayed here before and it's great! As far as hostels go I mean, if you expect a five star hotel: don't stay here. But if youre looking for a nice place to stay a few nights this is perfect!

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Our stay in Keystone hostel was okay. The tiny room (a private room for 3) was in the basement, so no windows. There was also no heating in the room, but the warm blankets were sufficient. The room smelled a little of damp, but the smell was not overwhelming. Some air freshener was in use, but that made air quality only worse. The phone charging system did not work, but for £2 you could leave your luggage there for the day. The attitude of the staff was friendly. 5/10.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Estonia

The location of the hostel couldn't be any better, only 2 minutes walking distance to King's Cross and only a few paces away from a supermarket. Staff was helpful and bathrooms were clean enough. If you want a cheap and comfortable place to sleep in London, this is the place to be.

• 15th Jan 2015

Very clean, close from station, warm water, staff was very helpful. But please note; no lifts! People with very large and heavy luggage may want to find somewhere with an elevator. The stairways were rather narrow. And breakfast is not included. However there are lots of good franchise places to eat near the hostel and station.

(1972 results)