Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Excelent, Ill stay there over and over again :)

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Showers last 6 seconds every time you push the button. The only thing worth staying there for is the connectivity to the rest of the city

Took a while to check us in as the staff were swapping shifts, but once we had our room it was clean and tidy. Comfortable beds with plenty of bedding. Rooms are loud, as right next to the road, but the location is excellent for access to the tube, literally a two minute walk away. Good toilet and shower facilities, clean and spacious. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Good internet access.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Wales

Extremely noisy till small hours of the night. Also poor cleanliness. All this no doubt the boarders' fault rather than the management's directly, but the place will only suit the specially undemanding backpacker. Plus points: friendly staff and great location, but even granting the latter, the cost is too high.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • India

I still have not received the money from the key deposit which seems unfriendly and has left me feeling some what put off even though it isn't a lot of money - it is the principle. Otherwise I am not sure I would elect to stay in a hostel again, the quarters were quite small and the bathroom never got dry. However it was convenient and I felt safe.

• 21st Apr 2014

Good value of money. Very near to train station. Staff were friendly. Room was decent, though smelled a bit. But being a 16 beds dorm, this is understandable. Breakfast served was simple. The bread served was beyond expiry date, though it was still edible, people might worry bout it.

A pretty good hostel, the staff wasn't very friendly but helped with everything we needed to sort inside the hostel, not much helpful to point attractions or even Pubs. The most amazing thing is the location, the price and the bathrooms which were always clean at least in the morning and evening. The hostel has lockers by your bed and the luggage room seemed pretty safe. Nothing to complain! Thank you for the stay

• 20th Apr 2014

Great location. Staff were okay. I thought 2 pounds to store our bags after we checked out was a bit steep. Place is currently having some renovations done so moving to the common room/bar area was a bit annoying. The common room and bar need a bit more atmosphere. Bar has free wifi but common room you have to pay which is weird. Beds were awesome had such a good nights sleep there. Overall pretty good.

• 20th Apr 2014

The best aspect is the location just next to king cross station.The room was in good condition and the atmosphere is friendly.The only thing I would complain is about charging extra services...after check-out I left my luggage in the store room for just some hours and I needed ten minutes the computer for printing my ticket flight...everything were charged

Well, it was a bit disappointing. My phone and watch were stolen - and I was among many robberies that weekend. The staff had a "well, what are you gunna do?" kind of attitude to it all. Atmosphere in the hostel was altogether a little damp - who could blame the people, given that there were thieves among us?

Very very noisy, hard to stay asleep at night!

• 18th Apr 2014

It would be great to propose a larger breakfast ( at least orange juice and some fruits or pastries ) It's a shame that the underground station just i front of the hotel is closed

• 18th Apr 2014

Room was surprisingly bright and spacious, with okay bed. Shame about the noise from the busy district outside, but the location is right next to Kings Cross so you can easily get around. Place was fine, but I was appalled by the fact the SHOWERS are actually in the same cubicle as the toilets. Pretty disgusting!!! I certainly wouldn't shower there... Tiny lounge and no social-ness to the place. Don't expect to make friends or socialise here. Literally is just a bed for the night.

Ill come back again

• 17th Apr 2014

Very dirty - the rooms were not cleaned - a jewing gum was still in the shower sticking at the wall - the carpet was not cleaned - the rooms were very small without a wardrobe - for two rooms (2 and 3 people) it was not the money worth we had to pay

• 17th Apr 2014

Highly recommended! Clean even though the hostel was full!

Good value for the location, and clean. Staff very helpful. On downside, the breakfast was poor and we had to go elsewhere. The bunk beds did not seem very susstantial for adults, and the rungs on the ladder to get up were round and very hard on the feet.. When we arrived they kept us waiting for half an hour until we could check in while they balanced the books and changed shifts. Showers did not drain freely and overflowed.

• 16th Apr 2014

Dirty facilities (showers, toilets), found mushrooms (!!!!!) growing behind one of the toilets, the room was very noisy (e.g. we could hear virtually everything that was going on on the street), room smelled (windows had to be constantly opened when we were out so the room would went), staff wasn't all that interested in their guests, had to pay 5 gbp for a cord adapter (as UK has specific ones) to charge my phone.

Very central to everything you want. Good places to eat. With its own pub next door.

• 15th Apr 2014

Coming from Germany, it was a wonderful time in London, staying at one of the most central points with 3 train stations and the underground beside. So going and coming to the airport was no problem. The stuff is very, very kindly and helped us to get to the Harry Potter studios although we had to forget to booked before. Therefore special thanks to the receptionist :-) Thank you for the lovely atmosphere!

• 15th Apr 2014