Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

3 private dorm w bathroom First of all I'd like to point out that the location of the Hostel is perfect! The staff was really friendly + helped whenever it was necessary. The kitchen was cute, nice to hang out . The rooms were alright - I didn't expect much that's probably why I wasn't disappointed. Minus: not properly closed window, no Wifi in our room, smelly bathroom. All in all it's a place where you can def stay for a few days, you're not gonna spend that much time in there anyways ;)

• 9th Jan 2015

Nice location, super close to kings cross underground station. The hostel is not a party one, very calm. Bad bad toilets, gets all wet. Room space is soo small, would not recommend.

Simple hostel, but good for our only night in London in the end of the trip. Location is amazing. Thanks!

All the front staff were very nice and super helpful. Including Hugo, CJ, and the Romanian guy

• 6th Jan 2015

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

The location is perfect, but the staff wasn't very friendly and while it was on the website, there were no towels (sheets were offered instead), there were no computers with internet and there are no cooking facilities (except a microwave). The room had a terrible smell and there was no window to open, only an airconditioning system that just kept spreading the smell. It was a fine stay, especially because of the location, but not a very pleasant one.

• 4th Jan 2015

Nice place for who wants to stay near by King's Cross Station, very friendly welcome desk but... You get what you pay for : underground small box without windows, and in my room, an awful smell of sweat and mâle body, I doubt any AC was changing the air. But besides that, clean bed, clean sheets, very clean showers (without the bulky creepy electric box you can see in british shower usually, ahah ).

Didn't enjoy my stay. The staff were nice. However the showers were terrible having to push a button that turns off every 15 seconds is an unpleasant way of having a shower. Not to mention the toilets are in the shower and in the girls bathroom there were only 2 working. I would not recommend this place.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Pros: very close the train station and easy to access from heathrow. Cons: no towels on arrival and no advice on where to buy one. Not what u want to hear after 2 days traveling/ no shower. Washing machine was broken at 1 point. No sign up

We found the staff rude. I was clearly the first person to the desk and the man was talking on the phone ignoring me. He then dealt with some women who came behind me, took their gear to the storage room, came back, talked with them and another person who was again behind me, then the women came back asking to go back into the bag storage room. Our room had an extremely odd smell. The showers smelt and had a mould on the ceiling which dripped on you. I haven't receive the bond for the key yet.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Very good location for a hostel! We thought the dorm room was a little cold and humid at night. The kitchen is really nice and fresh, but it misses a stove or some kind of hot plate to cook food on. The staff was nice and helpful! Though there weren't any towels to buy while we stayed here, we still had a great time and it's a nice hostel considering.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

They say that breakfast is included, but I'm sorry breakfast is not only free coffee. I saw rats in the kitchen, the bathrooms are disgusting, wifi only in the kitchen and reception area, the location is awesome but you can find another hostel just around the corner that looks much nicer

• 29th Dec 2014

Good location. Not far from KGX.

Keystone provided a fantastic stay for myself and two friends. We stayed in a private room where the facilities were very clean and the lockers in the rooms allowed us to keep our posessions secure. Hugo who worked at the front counter was fantastic and gave us tips on where to go in london and how to get there. Overall it was a great stay, thank you heaps!

• 28th Dec 2014

The shower room on 1st floor is sucks, but the one in the basement is good !!

We stayed in a private room for four days and everything was as expected. What we didn't like was that in the middle of December the windows of the bathroom were open, and we couldn't close them!

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Had mice in our room on 2 nights. On the first night we told reception and nothing was done. The following night when it happened we told them again. Once again nothing was done. Quite frustrating considering it was quite expensive to stay during the holiday season.

• 26th Dec 2014

Cleanest place that I have stayed, small and almost too secure as the key was required to enter the common area from the rooms - 2 of us traveling together with 1 key had to negotiate being together to enter the main lobby or to the room from the main lobby. Internet limited to common area (kitchen) which was rather inconvenient - common area was crowded, likely for that very reason. but well stocked with good dishes and working appliances and dishes. Staff good and helpful. super location.

Staff was VERY rude. Security was poor. There were small lockers, but they only work if you have a thick padlock. People who didn't have enough padlocks for their bags had the option of a storage room, which was also unsafe since staff would give you the key to go there alone. So someone could go through your belongings. But, worst of all, it was dirty! I suspect they don't even change the linen often. A guy in my room found lots of hair on his bed when he arrived. I wouldn't recommend it.

Don't stay in this hostel!!

One of the worst hostels where I've been! The place was horrible, uncomfortable, there was no internet in the room, the shower was blocked and I needed to climb too many stairs carrying a big suitcase by myself! The staff in the reception was impolite and unhelpful. I preferred to pay than to stay a second night!

(1970 results)