Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

It's ok. Clean and has the essencial but the mattress are old and very bad.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Location is close to the train station, but quite far from the city. The rooms were cramped and we got woken up early by girls blow drying their hair. The showers are push button and only stay on for 30 seconds a time. Although the breakfast is free, it's only toast and oatmeal. When I go to London again I will spend more money to be closer to the city.

Ongoing improvements make the Keystone Hostel a great place to stay in central London. Right beside King's Cross Station gives immediate access to the underground as well as being within a half-hour walk to the British Museum and Trafalgar Square. Staff are always friendly and helpful.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The positive point about this place is the location. It is really confortable to go in walk distance to King's Cross and St. Pancras Station. During the reservation they said there was no breakfast but they had some bread, jam and coffee. This was nice. But I think they are a not organized. I have booked my room with 2 months in advance and when I arrived there they said there was no room for the complete period, I had to change room. The tiny room has no windows, even staying in the 2nd floor.

Nice facilities, the rooms were ok and acceptably clean, so was the bathroom. Location is awesome! Staff were really nice and friendly as well. Some things I didn't like: as with any building in central London, the hostel is really small and narrow and there are a lot of stairs, so factor this in if you have luggage. The showers are ok but shower curtains could use changing. No internet in rooms. My room sometimes got really noisy as the window was across the bar, which gets crazy sometimes.

Booked w/ Keystone because of its location -- super easy to find and very close to Kings Cross station. The staff was also very friendly and made sure that all of my questions were answered. Going to your room is kind of a maze, you're walking down hallways and up stairs! The restrooms/showers were clean whenever I used them, which is always nice. But beware -- keep your things locked up at all times! I had one of my things stolen during my stay...

Basic Hostel with a good value for money. There is a metro tunnel under the basement of the hotel, so you might wake up at 5 am. A standard breakfast is included. You can have a more copious breakfast at a nearby location. They have a menu with special prices if you tell in advance that you are staying at Keystone House. We didn't tell it in advance and had to pay the full price ....

the fire alarm sound in the middle of the night for no reason, and the staff doesnt care about it. it was a little bit scary.

The location did it for me, a wee bit noisy but great value and easy access to trains, tube etc.

• 16th Jun 2014

Very poor hygiene, no follow up to request to improve. Couldn't get registration right, someone else sleeping in my bed for two consecutive nights. Won't return

• 16th Jun 2014

Excellent location, 100 m from King's Cross/St Pancras station and tube. Double rooms are in the basement (no window), whereas dormitories are on the 1st floor. Shared bathrooms are simple but clean. The staff has always been kind, reception always open and self-service breakfast is included. Just one pitfall: the wifi connection does not reach the basement floor. Nevertheless, we really enjoyed our stay, it's a perfect foothold to explore London.

• 15th Jun 2014

I am very impressed with the service I received at Hostelworld. Reception staff was utterly friendly, welcoming and cheerful. Also in restrospect I have to say a special thanks on how patient and accommodating they were when we came back from the evening out and sitting in the common area. It must not be much fun dealing with a group of drunken (yet generally well-behaved) people, but the staff was really super nice. A massively huge Thank You!

• 14th Jun 2014

Really great !! Very friendly staff, lots of nice facilities and very well decorated. Let us keep our bags in safe storage !

• 13th Jun 2014

We stayed for three nights. The rooms are quite small but u have everything u need. The location is really good because you are surrounded for a metro station and different bus stops. The only thing that i didnt like is that they make you pay for everythig (towels, hairdryer and so on). Breakfast is soooo bad....you can even have a toast.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Great location. Only 2 blocks from St Pancras station. No elevator and the rooms I think go up to the 4th floor. Note: wifi only at the common areas, so none in your room. If you're a light sleeper, make sure you have ear plugs. The windows are old school so you'll def hear all the noise outside. Since the location is smack dab in a busy city center, it's pretty noisy. The building is old as well, so you'll hear the people above you and the people walking the stairs outside. Nice staff though.

Excellent location. We stayed in one of the private rooms with an en suite bathroom. Our bathroom seemed a little dirty.

I was extremely impressed with the cleanliness of the hostel. Beds were clean and comfy and last but not least, its location was very centralized.

Its a good hostel. The only thing that I feel unconfortable is the shower, you will need to push it again and again in a very short time to keep the water running that it is almost impossible to have a good shower. Saving water is important, but letting your costumer have a good shower is also important.

Location wise, it could not had been any better! Walking distance to King Cross

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

The only things that stops this hostel from being perfect are: 1) There was a ghastly bass thumping at a low level - I had to wear noise-cancelling headphones inside the hostel in order to read, work and sleep 2) Hostel needs discourage people smoking right by the door, as the smoke goes right into the seating areas/kitchen. It's not just annoying, but in my case the smoke irritates my breathing passages, which clog up with mucus, so I really appreciate a smoke-free environment.

• 9th Jun 2014