Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

It was a good downtown hostel. I was quite impressed with how the bigger 16 bed room was divided. Great idea!

Great location!!! Everything in the hostel seemed quite modern and clean. There are lockers available in the rooms, and the beds were comfortable enough. The only complaints I would have are that the wifi was only available in the common area, and we had to descend 3 flights of stairs to the nearest shower. Despite these, we had a great stay, and would definitely return! One block away from King's Cross - can't get much better!!

Really helpful front desk worker when I arrived on a Saturday evening. Place was clean and secure. The only thing that would make the rooms betters is clearer labels on the beds, as myself and other roommates could not tell which bed was ours.

• 9th Aug 2014

The location of the hostel is very strategic and it is easy to go around and find places to eat that is economical. There is also a carfour nearby that is within walking distance that is convenient for groceries. The staff is friendly and helpful and most importantly, the toilet is quite clean!! Major downside was the staircase because it is very narrow and steep, especially the last flight to room 3C which was difficult to locate as well.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Keystone House. There were some extraordinary circumstances a couple of times and the staff performed well. Overall a good experience.

• 8th Aug 2014

Lovely comfortable beds, great price and really handy location!

• 6th Aug 2014

The hostel location is very good but the facilities are in average. Some of the electricity plugs were not working in the dorm. there is no wifi in the dorm which is very inconviently.

Great location, friendly staff, clean facilities, comfy beds. What a plus. Sadly, there were some light fingered individuals staying. My hat was stolen, as were my roommate's jeans, and another roommate's camera. He should have used a padlock on his cupboard. Good that the hostel provided these for the unprepared. Another slight moan, although hardly something that the staff could have prevented, was the arrival of a group of loud, drunk Australians. Mini crime wave, but soon sorted.

This hostel was good overall and close to Kings Cross train station which was nice. The staff were nice and the beds were reasonably comfortable. The outlets by our beds did not work when we got there but they fixed that although it took two days. The common area and kitchen seemed quite clean but there was definitely a small mouse in the kitchen one evening. Overall a good place to stay for the price. Despite some of the flaws, I would possibly stay again.

• 5th Aug 2014

It was our second visit and we'd visit anytime again.

there were no windows in our room, but except from that, it was good. there's no wifi on the room and that's really bad for travelers in a so expensive hostel. you have to pay for everything extra and the breakfast is very poor... is not a bad hostel, but I wouldn't stay there again

communal areas (kitchen and TV area) are very nice, rooms are clean, toilets are not good

• Egypt

They are in a good location, but the only thing we don't like was that although we have send a email asking specific conditions and they have agreed, the day that we arrive, we had nothing like that at all.

• 5th Aug 2014

You should fix wall concent. Concent is really important for backpackers.

6 euro per key was a bit high, making it very inconvient with a group of 4. Staff was friendly.

Great location and very friendly staff.

Decent hostel, seemed a bit pricy for the facilities but the location was excellent which was my main attraction for booking this hostel at the time

I had to book thishostel last minute and naturally was not expecting much at all, however, I was very pleasantly surprised. It was probably the cleanest dorm I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in many), staff was friendly and everything was very clean (including the kitchen!). There was ever a fridge and airconditioning in the room.

Great location, close to kings cross station. 16 bed dorm was pretty noisy. The bar wasn't actually part of the hostel and was expensive.

It's the location... ONLY... Staff not friendly except for the guy... Cleaniness average; better when compared to other hostels

• 29th Jul 2014