Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

We had a private room which was clean and spacious.

very worth to live,good location,

Having to use the key to exit the stairwell and building are a massive pain. As well, the key fob stopped working 3 different times while I was staying, trapping me in the stairs. There is no way to contact reception from here. I also see this as a massive fire hazard, because the exits to the building are locked. If there was a fire, everyone would be trapped inside.

Very clean and tidy place just next to King's Cross station. I liked it!

I like it. Thank you!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

I hate those showers that you have to press in the button so that they work every 30 seconds!

My friends and me have spent a very good stay in this hostel. It has been clean, safe, well located and the staff has been very nice. Only one drawback : there are only 4 showers for men, it is not enough, sometimes we waited a long time. But it was not a big problem. On the whole, we recommend it ! =)

• 23rd Aug 2014

Really good location. You can walk to Camden! And close to shoreditch. Rooms are small and basic but were clean. We didn't mind as all we were doing was sleeping there. Staff were helpful and accommodating. Would definitely stay again if in London.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Rooms could have individual lights/outlets. Great experience nevertheless!

• 22nd Aug 2014

The shower and the toilet are separated and mixed and both are located out of the dorm. The staff are not so friendly. Location are excellent, just 1 block from the King´s Cross Station.

for the amount of people that stays in the hostel it would be nice to have more showers

Great hostel! Only have a few complaints. We paid for a private room with two twin beds, and got a room with bunk beds. Bunk beds are fine, but these shook quite a bit even with the slightest movement, so neither I or my travel buddy slept well. In addition, there is a club next door to the hostel that plays incredibly loud music until 4 or 5 in the morning, including on Thursday night. Light sleepers beware.

The dorm I stayed was supposed to be a 16 bed female dorm. But it was one big room, with one door, and a wall in the middle dividing 32 beds. The beds are very close to each other. I would not recommend to stay in a non ensuite dorm. There were always people waiting to have a shower. There are also long stairs. It was very expensive for facilities like that. Despite everything, the location is good, very close to kings cross and st pancras. It is easy to find restaurants and supermarkets nearby.

excellent location and nice rooms but the shower floods occasionally. have to clean up yourself after breakfast which is fine but there's only one tab and sink for washing the dishes so you might have to wait for your turn

It was really different than I expected.The beds were very clean and people were friendly. I will stay again.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Excellent, helpful staff

• 15th Aug 2014

I stayed at the third floor, no elevator, the bathroom in my floor many times was without light and paper and didn't has showerI had to use most of the time the bathroom at the first floor. And the shower was terrible, just at the floor -1 that was ok, so 4 floors of distance to my room. The breakfast was very poor, just bread, butter, milk (no chocolat), coffee and cornflakes. They said that the coffee was until 10am, actually was at 9h30am, so I lost it. I was at a double room, extremely small

expensive because of the location close to the station, the facilities were good. No no free toiletries, towels are made ​​to buy. The noise some. Uncomfortable because the elevator.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

everything was great except for a few things: - we were in the 4th floor, but the showers are only available in the 1st and ground floor, although there were toilets in the 3rd floor. - the internet was free, but only available in the lounge / common room, would be nice if it was available in the dorm rooms as well.

Enjoyed my stay here and prolonged my stay. Beds were large and comfortable. Staff were very accommodating. Would stay again