Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Friendly and safe ...comfortable beds..

• 9th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Hello. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are so pleased you enjoyed your staying with us! We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

if you're going to book a room here, I highly recommend calling to request that you not have a room on the first floor. The hallway where the first floor rooms are located leads to the common area and Backpacker's Bar. Because of this, people are walking or running along that hallway and opening and shutting 3 different doors late into the night. The floors are hardwood and the doors are not at all slam-proof. If you want quiet, request a room on a lower or upper floor.

• 7th Jul 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. We could have moved you rooms if we had availability. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

We were happy with the private rooms that we stayed in but the basement room (U12was unacceptable. It had a very pungent and unpleasant smell, much like the smell of a sweaty men's locker room. I did report this to reception staff and ask for a room change but he simply said they were fully booked and a simple 'sorry'. Perhaps some neutraliser could have been offered. Frankly, I wouldn't have let my dog sleep in that room! I will use the hostel again but will NEVER book underground rooms.

• 7th Jul 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. We had a problem in LU12 but we have now changed all the carpets and AC. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Safe travels.

Good basic accommodation and helpful, friendly staff. But no separate lights in shared room. Breakfast only at different location.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

The 16 bed female dorm was really great. They shaped the room like a horse shoe with a wall down the center of the room so it didn't feel so overcrowded with people. Comfy beds too, slept very well.

First time in another country and staying at a hostel. It was a really nice stay. Other than my roommates trashing the room, my bed was clean and untouched. Met some great people in the community room. And the front desk staff were super helpful. Knowledgeable of the best food and pubs. Best part being so close to the train station.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are so pleased you enjoyed your staying with us! We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

I loved the fact that it was close to the underground. Staff was friendly. Laundry facilities a blessing.

Facilities such as common lounge, kitchen and bar are not well operated. They are mostly tight uncomfortable rooms and need more care.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Egypt

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. The common area and kitchen is brand new, i do not understand what do you mean with "not well operated". We have secured doors all over the building. If there is ever an issue, please just tell reception and it will be fixed immediately. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

Really clean spacious rooms. Wifi was really slow and not much atmosphere but would stay again! Staff were helpful and it's really close central for everything!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. The WI-FI is working properly. If there is ever an issue, please just tell reception and it will be fixed immediately. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

Keystone House is a basic hostel that is in a very good location. It had everything I needed. The only issue I would have is that the showers run through the use of a button... This means you have to continually push the button to keep the water running.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. Unfortunately, for security reasons we must have shower timing. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Safe travels.

A bit of a rabbit warren lay out but otherwise a twin room was good quality option and excellently located for access to Kings Cross station

Nice hostel, the 16-bed dorms feel a lot smaller due to the wall separating the room. Very friendly staff. There was no warm water in the showers though!

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. We definitely have warm water after the peak hours. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. If there is ever an issue, please just tell reception and it will be fixed immediately. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Safe travels.

I really did like the hostel. The staff was kind and the place was clean. One sugeastions I have is for the place to have air conditioning. There was some nights it was difficult for me to sleep because the room was so hot. I do like that the hostel was 24 hours. It also would be nice if there was ice. Overall, I loved this hostel and I will stay there again next time I am in London.

• 29th Jun 2015

I only stayed for one night but had a great time for what it was. Last night on a long trip before flying back to Australia and just wanted a comfortable place to stay and get a good night sleep. Stayed in the 16 bed dorm and my bed and other facilities were clean and comfortable. Staff were particularly great with Arkadiusz on the front desk being very courteous and happy to help me out with my queries and request. Definitely would stay again.

• 29th Jun 2015

Location is good and worth the money paid.

I love Keystone house. The location and 24 hr reception are very handy. I'll definitely go back.😃

• 28th Jun 2015

We stayed in 6 different hostels in England and this one was the worst in regard to facilities. The shower was the worst. Lukewarm water and having to continually push a button was ridiculous. There were no individual lights for bunks which other hostels have and the room was drab and the bathrooms looked unclean. Location was the only positive.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. If there is ever an issue, please just tell reception and it will be fixed immediately. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

Great hostel in a great location. The free wifi throughout is great. The five second push button for the showers is very annoying though. Overall a great place to stay at.

Hello. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are so pleased you enjoyed your staying with us! For security reasons we must have a shower with timing. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Enjoy the rest of yours travels.

Staff were lovely and very helpful.

• 26th Jun 2015

The staff is very nice but the place is very very noisy. We can ear the music of the bar and there was a door from where everybody went in and out all night long.

• 26th Jun 2015