Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Great location, just few minutes from king cross station and great neighbours with a lot of stores around, like starbucks, mcdonalds, farmacy, and others. Small bedrooms and don`t have internet inside them.

• 24th Nov 2014

My impression of this hostel is not better.I lived in this hotel for 3 days.I was very upset on the second day.Things missing from my bag,did not return a Deposit on a map that was made for the key of the hotel.Changed room clean on the dirty..I will not return to this hotel in his next trip to London!

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Stay was great! staff we friendly , the location was perfect! unfortunately the 16 beds room are to small , i would recommend to take max 8 beds room. Also the shower and toilet are in the same kennel separated with curtain, it's not that hygienic. All the rest was good. I've stayed there like a week.

The staff were so kind and friendly. However, they are helpful on selected guest only. I ask the receptionist to help me store my luggage in the luggage room and he just gave me the key. A few minutes later, another guy ask the receptionist to help him keep his luggage. The receptionist went with the guy to the luggage room to help him! The WIFI were so slow. some facilities were incomplete. Total chaos on managing the booking. They managed to book some bed which have been occupied already.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Philippines

With a fantastic location just a few blocks from Kings Cross St. Pancras station, friendly staff, comfortable dorm rooms, and a relaxed atmosphere, I would recommend Keystone House to any college students exploring London. My group was able to enjoy all of London's wonders well-rested and conveniently close to the underground station where our adventures began every morning.

• 21st Nov 2014

We were booked for a two night stay in three bed private room. First night was a bit noisy but OK. On our second day when we went sight seeing, staff MOVED all our belongings that we have left in the room to another room without any notice (they had phone numbers of all three of us, but didn't bother to inform). When we came back to hostel we had an unpleasant surprise when all our belongings were missing and receptionist also wasn't sure where they are. Luckily we found our stuff in new room.

The service was slow, I had to wait for everything: wait for checkin, wait for towels, wait for checkot... The towels was charged extra There was no wifi in room There was NO WINDOWS IN THE ROOM - IT WAS IN THE BASEMENT !!!! plus, my credit card was charged for lost key, which I did return during checkout.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Poland

Incredible location, 1 minute walking from King's Cross. The staff was helpful. Sadly, there was no breakfast available, although such was advertised.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

The location was very good, but everything other was at a low standard.

Good for a bed, but everything else is sorely lacking. The "Wi-Fi" is limited to a common area downstairs, but it's SO slow that it can barely handle email. Any social media site is iffy, and you can forget anything more than that. The bathrooms are kinda far from the rooms, and the showers are even further. Worse yet, the showers are only on for 10 seconds, because of a push button. You have to keep pushing to keep a steady stream of water. Lastly, I was on the 4th floor... with no elevators.

Room didnt look anything like the picture on the website. Shower wasn't good at all. Checkout far too early in relation to checking-in time.

• 16th Nov 2014

Good location, clean rooms and bathroom but the common area was deficient and the rooms very small without window. The air quality was very poor and it smells bad. I don' t recommend the double rooms because they are all underground.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Spain

2nd stay at this hostel and would stay again. Great location and clean. Basic rooms but a good price!

The room for db1 for 4 people was very small, especially if you dont know the other persons. I think it is not the best room for a mixed room ;-) But the rest was fine.

Average and better hostels available close by. Staff unable to accommodate basic requests, and charges such as £5 per person for checking out 30mins late are excessive. Beds, bathrooms, kitchen, potential to meet other travellers all ok, but better hostels available locally at a similar or lower price.

Staff was friendly. Location is great. We slept in a quiet room downstairs, no windows, you could feel the underground. There were 2 bathrooms on our floor, one not cleaned in 2 days, the other in 3 days. There was blood on the wall of 1of the toilets. There was only 1 toilet with a bin. The room was clean but basic. The upper bed was missing a slat, the lower had a worn out mattress. The ladder was missing a rubber on a tread making it impossible to climb with bare feet. The lockers too narrow.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Asked for a towel at reception but he was unable to give me one - I was to come back after 11pm when the night staff started who would know better where some would be. Not a massive deal as I had a large beach towel in my case which I used but would have preferred not to as meant it was wet going back in my case to travel to Florida. If I had not had a towel with me it would have been more of an issue. But on the whole, this was my 2nd stay and I would definitely return :) :) :)

When we arrived at the 4 bed room it turns out that they've put someone else as well in there and there was no knowledge of the guy that gave us the keys.it was a complete mess cause we were four people and had to be eparated so we slept two in one bed.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Greece

very clean and secure. great location and lovely kitchen,

• 12th Nov 2014

In general acomodation was ok, but very basic. Location is great, very close to undeground station and there was plenty of caffe bars, shops and nice places to eat nearby. But, it is very noisy in the evening from the street. The carpet in the room had bad smell and showers area are so small and basic.

• 12th Nov 2014