Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Breackfast not included

we have stayed at this hostel 5 times this year and have been very impressed with everything

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Wales

I was on the third floor which meant 7 flights of stairs with the nearest shower 5 flights below me. Took an hour at check in as they were counting money? Couldn't answer any general info questions i had. Not enough power sockets. Bathrooms are gross. Minimal security. Reception are clueless in regards to allocating beds and don't expect them to have a key ready for check-in. The ONLY good thing about this place is its location. Would only stay here if there was no where else available! Awful.

We had a doubleroom and bedbugs in our bed. The bites feel horribly itchy and everything got swollen. I just want to warn you not to stay in the beds at this hostel. I am pretty sure they won't change anything as I could read I am not the only one who got it. We had 3 rooms in 4 days and the organisation could be better. The location is excellent, but that's it.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Staff was hopeless. they knew nothing, absolutely nothing. Could not give recommendations on anything and did not know about any tours they advertised. The computer system them use is awful as well. Took over 30 minutes on average to check in and out. Met lots of other people there also infuriated with the staff. Further more, when I got in, the carpet was gross. on the 3rd day it was cleaned. the showers smelled bad as well. There was no bar while I was there.

• 1st Nov 2014

The hostel itself was in a great location. Right next to Kings Cross all the underground was very accessible! Good basic hostel! The only problems I have were it would get pretty loud at night so if you want a good sleep bring some earplugs. Also they just hired an all new staff at the hostel so they were extremely unknowledgeable and incompetent. It was ridiculous. I asked someone working there and they didn't even know what the Bourgh Market or Harrods was.... I mean really?

The doors of the room close VERY loudly and constantly wake you up the whole night. We even tried to close the door softly, but it's not possible. We told the staff, but they didn't fix it. Smell in the room is not good. Also the system of selecting the beds is a total mess and caused various problems. wifi was a bit haphazard too. The kitchen has almost no cooking facilities and the included breakfast was the worst I've ever had - just white bread. Everything else was really good.

Awful. The only good thing about this hostel is its location to Kings Cross. It took them over an hour to check me in when they didnt even have a key or know if a bed was available in that room. They have no local knowledge about anything and were generally very unhelpful. When i asked to extend my booking he fiddled with the computer then suggested i book myself online as it was too hard for him to do. Bathrooms were gross, i was up 7 flights of stairs with the bathrooms 5 flights under me.

The hostel is good if you want to stay for few days. Breafast is poor, they had electronic problems with our reservations when we arrived, and despite of I booked a 8 bed-dorms, I was in a 4 bed-dorms + 1 bed made by two matresses. However, the situation is really good, 25min by foot from Piccadily, and the district in the hostel is animated and quite nice ! Moreover, the youth hostel is not fantastic, but it was clean and the living room is ok !

• 27th Oct 2014

when i booked, I could be said that there wasn't any window in the room !

Location absolutely fabulous- literally 2 minutes walk from Kings Cross station. Wide variety of rooms available. Really pleased with our ensuite. Breakfast is pretty minimal, but then there's a Sainsbury's literally next door!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The location is really (close to Kings Cross/St Pancras where you can find train, bus and different tube line). The only bad point that there is no stove in the kitchen so cooking is limited.

Keystone House Kings Cross is very well located. Alas, we did not enjoy our stay so much as we expected. It was really noisy, the room was under the ground and quite claustrophobic as there were no windows. It was very basic: not even a mirror or a bedlight... There were only three toilets for a lot of people (male and females), one of them could not be locked... In the morning it was very crowded since there were only two washbasins (again for all men and women).

keystone hostel is very well located near king. cross st.pancrass rail station which is very good to get everywhere. As for the atmospere and the cleanliness I was very dissapointed. It's a very cheap hostel but get ready to share your space with all ages. The breakfast only last until 9h30 and there is ny that much (get up esrly i you want milk). As for the place is general you get what to paid for but It could be cleaner, espacially for the shower. Brett from the staff is super!

• 24th Oct 2014

The hostel itself is fairly nice - no complaints about the rooms or facilities. The checking in process was a bit slow as they seemed understaffed at the time and it was quite busy. There was a mix-up with our room and we were given a key to a room that was already occupied. However, the staff were able to sort it out and we got a different double room. Overall, I would recommend this hostel, especially due to its great location (close to shops and a two minute walk to Kings Cross Station).

This Hostel overcharged you at every step of the way, and they made nothing easy. Their complimentary breakfast consisted of toast and jam if you're lucky. The towels were expensive and had to be bought. Also, they stuck us down in the basement, which was dingy, cold, and you could clearly hear the London Underground every time it passed by. The bathrooms were also pretty gross, and the showers were so disgusting that I felt dirtier coming out than I did going in. I would not recommend it.

We had a double room and the room was quiet small but ok. The problem is, that it was in the basement and because of that and no window in the room, the room became smelly after the first night....

• 21st Oct 2014

Good location, pity that the staff could not help us when we asked for a parking place for our car. (there is parking place nearby (Brittaniastreet) where you can park 24hours for 19,5£). It also would have been nice to be informed that two of the showers in the basement only have could (verry could :-) ) water. The breakfast was verry poor (the nearby pompidou cafe is a great place for breakfast and sandwiches). Nevertheless, good location for a good price in a great city!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

The hostel itself is okay, there's no elevator and you have to take many stairs to get to the rooms. I stayed in a 16 bed female dorm. The room itself was fine, the toilets/showers were on a different floor and there were only 3 shower/toilet stalls for girls and 2 other mixed toilet stalls on another floor, which is hardly enough for everyone. Also, the toilet wasn't that clean.

Overall, I found the experience very good. Fantastic location, very good security (stored much of my luggage and they watched me go in and out to access it), much cleaner than expected, as well as comfortable beds. Only complaint is that SELLING towels for £5, instead of RENTING for say, 1£, seems like a ripoff. Otherwise, I had a good experience with no complaints except that I had to maneuver a LOT of stairs with very heavy luggage--but staff did help me with it when I checked in.

• 19th Oct 2014