Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Good place for cheap, good location!

Staff not very friendly or helpfull at all, that's there weak point. About atmosphere well there is not much due to the fact that the shared area is small, the location is average because its a conecting point because of king cross metro, but far from main important sites. If you like to walk to the hot spots youll end up pretty exausted. The good points are that they have good spots near by to eat, cheap and healthy. Its pretty clean! and secure.

I had an awful experience with this hostel. I was having issues with my travel logisitcs and the staff weren't terribly understanding or helpful. Not really part of their job description but in other hostels some staff go above and beyond. I was absolutely exhausted and could not get a minute of sleep as the hostel is above a night club. The music was so loud it vibrated my bed and I could hear it with ear plugs in. I had to leave for a real hotel to catch up on sleep.

Nothing to complain about, bit crowded in the dorms, but overall good.

Great value, and very clean and friendly environment. There was a mix-up on our room reservation but we actually ended up ahead of the game with a private bath! Staff was great about solving the problem. Nice big kitchen area with breakfast included were a big bonus. Highly recommended! Also great location right next to train stations.

Great location. We stayed in room E1. A twin private Ensuite. Everything was fine until I found a mushroom growing out of under the shower. Not sure how that could have been missed if the bathroom is regularly cleaned properly. What really turned me off was that after I showered I found two slugs coming out from behind a cracked tile. That just grossed me right out. I have never seen anything like that. I also found spider webs on the bottom bunk. Will not be returning.

Very noisy in the night.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Fantastic location

I liked the ambient in general. It's clean and organized, but the acessibility is bad. There are too many stairs! I liked the kitchen and the location is perfect.

• 2nd Jul 2014

noise, noise, noise, noise, noise, noise, noise, noise, noise, , noise!!!!!!!!!!!! Its so noisy you beyond bearable, its right on the main street, the bus, the motorbike, the police car and ambulance keep making noise, not stop 24 hours, to make it worse, there is no rule in the hostel, you could speak out load in the room past midnight. shower is bad is well, you have to press the bottom every three sec, otherwise the water stop!!!!!!!! imaging like in winter!!!!!, even summer its so irrit

When you clean, be sure to check under the beds. The empty bottles were a bit disturbing.

• 30th Jun 2014

I just loveed it ❤️

It was very clean and safe, but it wasn't a great environment for meeting people, and the breakfast left a lot to be desired.

• 28th Jun 2014

We were surprised the "Double Bed" in our Room was a Bunk Bed. Also the fact that the room was below ground with no windows was somewhat a downer. Getting up in the morning in pitch black is somewhat hard and you couldn't see what the weather was like, so it was hard to choose what kind of clothes to wear.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Nice little hostel right next to kings cross station. But you don't hear the trains at all! The beds were really comfy and the hostel was relatively clean. The rooms are up several flights of steep/narrow stairs, so if stairs are challenging for you, don't stay here. We enjoyed our stay here.

Good points : Excellent location, great beds, and staffs' kindness was good. I'd like to recommend if you're looking for a hostel located very convinient place and on resonable price. Bad points : Wifi is only abailable on basement ( you can use outside roaming wifi if you're lucky) and NO LIFT . Overall, I'm satisfied with this hostel.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

THE STAFF is excellent, all of them, cleaners, receptionists and managers. The way they treat the guest is absolutely remarkable. The are helpful by assisting guests any time it will be needed it. SECURITY is a concern that any traveler staying in hostels has to care about. This hostel brings an additional attribute to its hospitality by guarding personal belongings in a luggage room under a careful surveillance. In addition to this lockers of discrete dimensions are placed by each bed.

BED BUGS WARNING. I got bitten after having a short sleep in my bed, let alone the whole night. Glad that I only stayed for 1 night.

It's ok. Clean and has the essencial but the mattress are old and very bad.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Location is close to the train station, but quite far from the city. The rooms were cramped and we got woken up early by girls blow drying their hair. The showers are push button and only stay on for 30 seconds a time. Although the breakfast is free, it's only toast and oatmeal. When I go to London again I will spend more money to be closer to the city.