Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Awful. The only good thing about this hostel is its location to Kings Cross. It took them over an hour to check me in when they didnt even have a key or know if a bed was available in that room. They have no local knowledge about anything and were generally very unhelpful. When i asked to extend my booking he fiddled with the computer then suggested i book myself online as it was too hard for him to do. Bathrooms were gross, i was up 7 flights of stairs with the bathrooms 5 flights under me.

The hostel is good if you want to stay for few days. Breafast is poor, they had electronic problems with our reservations when we arrived, and despite of I booked a 8 bed-dorms, I was in a 4 bed-dorms + 1 bed made by two matresses. However, the situation is really good, 25min by foot from Piccadily, and the district in the hostel is animated and quite nice ! Moreover, the youth hostel is not fantastic, but it was clean and the living room is ok !

• 27th Oct 2014

when i booked, I could be said that there wasn't any window in the room !

Location absolutely fabulous- literally 2 minutes walk from Kings Cross station. Wide variety of rooms available. Really pleased with our ensuite. Breakfast is pretty minimal, but then there's a Sainsbury's literally next door!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The location is really (close to Kings Cross/St Pancras where you can find train, bus and different tube line). The only bad point that there is no stove in the kitchen so cooking is limited.

Keystone House Kings Cross is very well located. Alas, we did not enjoy our stay so much as we expected. It was really noisy, the room was under the ground and quite claustrophobic as there were no windows. It was very basic: not even a mirror or a bedlight... There were only three toilets for a lot of people (male and females), one of them could not be locked... In the morning it was very crowded since there were only two washbasins (again for all men and women).

keystone hostel is very well located near king. cross st.pancrass rail station which is very good to get everywhere. As for the atmospere and the cleanliness I was very dissapointed. It's a very cheap hostel but get ready to share your space with all ages. The breakfast only last until 9h30 and there is ny that much (get up esrly i you want milk). As for the place is general you get what to paid for but It could be cleaner, espacially for the shower. Brett from the staff is super!

• 24th Oct 2014

The hostel itself is fairly nice - no complaints about the rooms or facilities. The checking in process was a bit slow as they seemed understaffed at the time and it was quite busy. There was a mix-up with our room and we were given a key to a room that was already occupied. However, the staff were able to sort it out and we got a different double room. Overall, I would recommend this hostel, especially due to its great location (close to shops and a two minute walk to Kings Cross Station).

This Hostel overcharged you at every step of the way, and they made nothing easy. Their complimentary breakfast consisted of toast and jam if you're lucky. The towels were expensive and had to be bought. Also, they stuck us down in the basement, which was dingy, cold, and you could clearly hear the London Underground every time it passed by. The bathrooms were also pretty gross, and the showers were so disgusting that I felt dirtier coming out than I did going in. I would not recommend it.

We had a double room and the room was quiet small but ok. The problem is, that it was in the basement and because of that and no window in the room, the room became smelly after the first night....

• 21st Oct 2014

Good location, pity that the staff could not help us when we asked for a parking place for our car. (there is parking place nearby (Brittaniastreet) where you can park 24hours for 19,5£). It also would have been nice to be informed that two of the showers in the basement only have could (verry could :-) ) water. The breakfast was verry poor (the nearby pompidou cafe is a great place for breakfast and sandwiches). Nevertheless, good location for a good price in a great city!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

The hostel itself is okay, there's no elevator and you have to take many stairs to get to the rooms. I stayed in a 16 bed female dorm. The room itself was fine, the toilets/showers were on a different floor and there were only 3 shower/toilet stalls for girls and 2 other mixed toilet stalls on another floor, which is hardly enough for everyone. Also, the toilet wasn't that clean.

Overall, I found the experience very good. Fantastic location, very good security (stored much of my luggage and they watched me go in and out to access it), much cleaner than expected, as well as comfortable beds. Only complaint is that SELLING towels for £5, instead of RENTING for say, 1£, seems like a ripoff. Otherwise, I had a good experience with no complaints except that I had to maneuver a LOT of stairs with very heavy luggage--but staff did help me with it when I checked in.

• 19th Oct 2014

In the toilet, the box to put the paper in it was broken, and it wasn't really clean.

• 18th Oct 2014

Does not seem right price towels would be a normal part and the other a deposit. The state of the bathrooms was bad because the water outlet of the side room smelled bad. You have the good luck to be located, is in the middle, but if you suspend the facilities without thinking. We play a room above a bar and did not close until eleven at night, the next day we got up to go to the bus stop, when I booked that nobody would notice.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Helpful staff, good atmosphere as well as being so central

Staff weren't very welcoming. Kitchen was an absolute mess - I had to wash up a cup & bowl before I could have breakfast! Towels aren't supplied you have to pay £5 to use a towel that you could see thriough. It was not great value forthe price.

It's a great place, The only bad thing I can say the fooot odor in the double room.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Clean the toilets!!!!

• 15th Oct 2014

We've booked a private room and got a dorm for the first night... Rooms are pretty small (okay for a short stay) but quite loud due to high traffic on the streets. Restrooms and showers aren't seperated and could be cleaned more often. Staff was really friendly.

• 14th Oct 2014