Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Clean, comfortable and the room that I was in was quiet. It was a bit of a warren, more signposts could help, especially to the bathrooms. Bring your own towel.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! You can bring your own towel or purchase one here for £5. We hope to see you again real soon. Safe travels.

We stay there two nights, everything is fine, especially the location, it is easy to go anywhere u want, it only take 5 mins from the hostel to the kings cross station. the only problem is too few bathromm and the toilett is not separeted, it is really awkward to have some men in the toilett.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • China

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a pleasure having you here! We hope to see you again real soon.

Very helpful irish lady on reception.

We chose this hostel, because our friend recommended it. The location is absolutely perfect. Special thanks to hostel management for excellent customer service. Our group stayed there for 3 nights only, but we would like to come back one day. Greetings from Finland!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Hello, We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

It was a great hostel to spend your holidays, and the spanish receptionist is very nice and helpful

Really good - keep doing what you're doing!

• 15th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

The location is brilliant, just a 5 mins walk from King's Cross. There isn't any lift in the building so we had to lug our luggages up and down the narrow stairwell. It was also disappointing when the staff didn't seem to recognize their own customers - one of us got questioned when he went downstairs to inquire about the Internet cafe (advertised on the exterior of the building). We also needed to pay £2 per bag for depositing them after our checkout, which we felt was quite unnecessary.

Only two issues with our stay: 1) the key for another room at the accommodation was used to open the door to our room. That was a bit of a shock to us and the people who walked in thinking they were walking into an empty room. I'm just glad we were in the room at the time. 2) the shower control was very sticky, to the point where the whole piping assembly was coming out of the wall from the force required to close the water.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

The hotel was really nice and the issue issue we had was that there was no hot water in the bathroom sink (we didn't try the shower). We didn't have time to go to the reception as we were due to get on a train. It was freezing!!

• 11th Apr 2015

For the private room, it would be nice if the hostel could provide towels and toiletry.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

This hostel is amazing when taking into account only the room, but when I arrived there, the guy who was working there was really rude with me, and he didn't want to show me where my room was, when I asked for the third time (after searching by myself) he finally went upstairs and for my surprise, he couldn't find it himself. On the last day they charged 6 pounds for staying with my luggage for 3 hours after checkout.

It's a very nice hostel with an excellent location and stuff as well. Sergio is always ready to help and Orla as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Best wishes

Aside from the location, this hostel was abysmal. The staff were not friendly, nor were they accommodating when they made mistakes. The rooms underground were stuffy, the air conditioner would make very loud noises in the middle of the night and smelled like vinegar. Those rooms are below the bar, so it's incredibly loud. There was blood on our duvet, and they did not give us a new one, so we slept under a single, damp-feeling sheet. If you want to experience a bad hostel, then this is for you.

• 8th Apr 2015

Good location, clean, and all you need in a hostel

I would've liked to have had wifi access in the bedroom. It was a nice and clean hostel, however, and not too expensive considering I got a double room to myself.

• 7th Apr 2015

The only thing I have to say abut this hostel is that, I hope it stays as excellent in all means, as it was when I stayed there.

Too much of a maze. Had to use door/key lock to move within building: ie, to go to reception and then to kitchen. Could only get wifi in kitchen area. Room was always crowded and hot.

Very conveniently located and good value for money. Only real downside it's a bit noisy.

Due to construction works the kitchen and common room are hugely inadequate. The wifi is weak and only available in the common room. The checking in process is slow. No forewarning about the £6 key card charge (however it is refunded). Basement corridors smell of damp. Good beds with individual lights.

Doesn't really have a kitchen, just a kettle, microwave and a toaster... Showers are on a 5 second timer too which was just ridiculous...