Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Asked for a towel at reception but he was unable to give me one - I was to come back after 11pm when the night staff started who would know better where some would be. Not a massive deal as I had a large beach towel in my case which I used but would have preferred not to as meant it was wet going back in my case to travel to Florida. If I had not had a towel with me it would have been more of an issue. But on the whole, this was my 2nd stay and I would definitely return :) :) :)

When we arrived at the 4 bed room it turns out that they've put someone else as well in there and there was no knowledge of the guy that gave us the keys.it was a complete mess cause we were four people and had to be eparated so we slept two in one bed.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Greece

very clean and secure. great location and lovely kitchen,

• 12th Nov 2014

In general acomodation was ok, but very basic. Location is great, very close to undeground station and there was plenty of caffe bars, shops and nice places to eat nearby. But, it is very noisy in the evening from the street. The carpet in the room had bad smell and showers area are so small and basic.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

Don´t book this hostel! The staff was not only unfriendly but could´nt even answer the easiest questions like 'where is the hostel on that map?' We booked a room for 2 with window. Our room was 4 square meters, tops. There was no double bed like expected but a loft bed. A bigger bed would´t have fitted in there. With our luggage in the room (we only traveled with cabin luggage) it was hard to even open the door. The window could´t be opened. No air! The facilities and the room were very dirty.

• 9th Nov 2014

I was well surprised by toilet's internal arrangement. I don't think it is a good idea to place shower between sink and toilet bowl. Rather strange one...

So convenient to Kings Cross Station and St Pancras Station too

• 8th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

The location was good but because it faces to busy streets, it was quite noisy. OK for just one night.

This hostel was a nightmare. I dealt with random women sleeping in my bed, dirty sheets, horrible smells, drugs dealers, and rude bunk mates that felt it was ok to have romantic relations late at night. When I told the front desk about these complaints he questioned my character and told me I might be a free loader who just wants there money back. The management showed up 2 hours late looking hungover and did not help me get my money back. She told me they are not responsible for my troubles.

• 6th Nov 2014

Breackfast not included

we have stayed at this hostel 5 times this year and have been very impressed with everything

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Wales

I was on the third floor which meant 7 flights of stairs with the nearest shower 5 flights below me. Took an hour at check in as they were counting money? Couldn't answer any general info questions i had. Not enough power sockets. Bathrooms are gross. Minimal security. Reception are clueless in regards to allocating beds and don't expect them to have a key ready for check-in. The ONLY good thing about this place is its location. Would only stay here if there was no where else available! Awful.

We had a doubleroom and bedbugs in our bed. The bites feel horribly itchy and everything got swollen. I just want to warn you not to stay in the beds at this hostel. I am pretty sure they won't change anything as I could read I am not the only one who got it. We had 3 rooms in 4 days and the organisation could be better. The location is excellent, but that's it.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Staff was hopeless. they knew nothing, absolutely nothing. Could not give recommendations on anything and did not know about any tours they advertised. The computer system them use is awful as well. Took over 30 minutes on average to check in and out. Met lots of other people there also infuriated with the staff. Further more, when I got in, the carpet was gross. on the 3rd day it was cleaned. the showers smelled bad as well. There was no bar while I was there.

• 1st Nov 2014

The hostel itself was in a great location. Right next to Kings Cross all the underground was very accessible! Good basic hostel! The only problems I have were it would get pretty loud at night so if you want a good sleep bring some earplugs. Also they just hired an all new staff at the hostel so they were extremely unknowledgeable and incompetent. It was ridiculous. I asked someone working there and they didn't even know what the Bourgh Market or Harrods was.... I mean really?

The doors of the room close VERY loudly and constantly wake you up the whole night. We even tried to close the door softly, but it's not possible. We told the staff, but they didn't fix it. Smell in the room is not good. Also the system of selecting the beds is a total mess and caused various problems. wifi was a bit haphazard too. The kitchen has almost no cooking facilities and the included breakfast was the worst I've ever had - just white bread. Everything else was really good.

Awful. The only good thing about this hostel is its location to Kings Cross. It took them over an hour to check me in when they didnt even have a key or know if a bed was available in that room. They have no local knowledge about anything and were generally very unhelpful. When i asked to extend my booking he fiddled with the computer then suggested i book myself online as it was too hard for him to do. Bathrooms were gross, i was up 7 flights of stairs with the bathrooms 5 flights under me.

The hostel is good if you want to stay for few days. Breafast is poor, they had electronic problems with our reservations when we arrived, and despite of I booked a 8 bed-dorms, I was in a 4 bed-dorms + 1 bed made by two matresses. However, the situation is really good, 25min by foot from Piccadily, and the district in the hostel is animated and quite nice ! Moreover, the youth hostel is not fantastic, but it was clean and the living room is ok !

• 27th Oct 2014

when i booked, I could be said that there wasn't any window in the room !

Location absolutely fabulous- literally 2 minutes walk from Kings Cross station. Wide variety of rooms available. Really pleased with our ensuite. Breakfast is pretty minimal, but then there's a Sainsbury's literally next door!

• 26th Oct 2014