Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Didn't enjoy my stay. The staff were nice. However the showers were terrible having to push a button that turns off every 15 seconds is an unpleasant way of having a shower. Not to mention the toilets are in the shower and in the girls bathroom there were only 2 working. I would not recommend this place.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Pros: very close the train station and easy to access from heathrow. Cons: no towels on arrival and no advice on where to buy one. Not what u want to hear after 2 days traveling/ no shower. Washing machine was broken at 1 point. No sign up

We found the staff rude. I was clearly the first person to the desk and the man was talking on the phone ignoring me. He then dealt with some women who came behind me, took their gear to the storage room, came back, talked with them and another person who was again behind me, then the women came back asking to go back into the bag storage room. Our room had an extremely odd smell. The showers smelt and had a mould on the ceiling which dripped on you. I haven't receive the bond for the key yet.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Very good location for a hostel! We thought the dorm room was a little cold and humid at night. The kitchen is really nice and fresh, but it misses a stove or some kind of hot plate to cook food on. The staff was nice and helpful! Though there weren't any towels to buy while we stayed here, we still had a great time and it's a nice hostel considering.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

They say that breakfast is included, but I'm sorry breakfast is not only free coffee. I saw rats in the kitchen, the bathrooms are disgusting, wifi only in the kitchen and reception area, the location is awesome but you can find another hostel just around the corner that looks much nicer

• 29th Dec 2014

Keystone provided a fantastic stay for myself and two friends. We stayed in a private room where the facilities were very clean and the lockers in the rooms allowed us to keep our posessions secure. Hugo who worked at the front counter was fantastic and gave us tips on where to go in london and how to get there. Overall it was a great stay, thank you heaps!

• 28th Dec 2014

The shower room on 1st floor is sucks, but the one in the basement is good !!

We stayed in a private room for four days and everything was as expected. What we didn't like was that in the middle of December the windows of the bathroom were open, and we couldn't close them!

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Had mice in our room on 2 nights. On the first night we told reception and nothing was done. The following night when it happened we told them again. Once again nothing was done. Quite frustrating considering it was quite expensive to stay during the holiday season.

• 26th Dec 2014

Cleanest place that I have stayed, small and almost too secure as the key was required to enter the common area from the rooms - 2 of us traveling together with 1 key had to negotiate being together to enter the main lobby or to the room from the main lobby. Internet limited to common area (kitchen) which was rather inconvenient - common area was crowded, likely for that very reason. but well stocked with good dishes and working appliances and dishes. Staff good and helpful. super location.

Staff was VERY rude. Security was poor. There were small lockers, but they only work if you have a thick padlock. People who didn't have enough padlocks for their bags had the option of a storage room, which was also unsafe since staff would give you the key to go there alone. So someone could go through your belongings. But, worst of all, it was dirty! I suspect they don't even change the linen often. A guy in my room found lots of hair on his bed when he arrived. I wouldn't recommend it.

Don't stay in this hostel!!

One of the worst hostels where I've been! The place was horrible, uncomfortable, there was no internet in the room, the shower was blocked and I needed to climb too many stairs carrying a big suitcase by myself! The staff in the reception was impolite and unhelpful. I preferred to pay than to stay a second night!

The Hostel was very comfortable and clean considering the price. People from service were very polite and friendly In general everything was ok

there is only a micro-wave in the kitchen , it would be nice may be a have a proper cooker ? but I stayed 4 days and I did survice with just the micro-wave and the kettle! so I guess , it's ok and probably easier to run the kitchen that way. thank you in any case. ? I had a good stay.

The bathrooms where not clean, they charged for the towels and there were no available. The rooms smelled really bad, I'm not sure if it was for the carpet but it was awful. The common room is too small for the number of people staying at the hostel, there was never room to seat and the wifi signal was very poor as well. The staff was not that friendly.

I had to pay £2 for leaving my luggage there on the day I checked out after staying there for four nights!

The hostel was convenient and accommodating. The beds were extremely comfortable!

Not a comfortable experience. The hostel has no lift. Not recommended for someone with large heavy luggage, like me. Furthermore the stair is too narrow and stiff. There is only one bathroom cluster on level 1 and I stay at level 4, so very inconvenient. The staffs seem friendly but there is only one available at a time. My room has no power socket working for 3 days and despite complaints no one comes to fix it. Bad experience overall.

not worth the money.. good location but thats it