Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

I just loveed it ❤️

It was very clean and safe, but it wasn't a great environment for meeting people, and the breakfast left a lot to be desired.

• 28th Jun 2014

We were surprised the "Double Bed" in our Room was a Bunk Bed. Also the fact that the room was below ground with no windows was somewhat a downer. Getting up in the morning in pitch black is somewhat hard and you couldn't see what the weather was like, so it was hard to choose what kind of clothes to wear.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Nice little hostel right next to kings cross station. But you don't hear the trains at all! The beds were really comfy and the hostel was relatively clean. The rooms are up several flights of steep/narrow stairs, so if stairs are challenging for you, don't stay here. We enjoyed our stay here.

I had to wait at reception for a very long time when checking in. The receptionist told me to sit down in another room while I waited then forgot about me.

Good points : Excellent location, great beds, and staffs' kindness was good. I'd like to recommend if you're looking for a hostel located very convinient place and on resonable price. Bad points : Wifi is only abailable on basement ( you can use outside roaming wifi if you're lucky) and NO LIFT . Overall, I'm satisfied with this hostel.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

THE STAFF is excellent, all of them, cleaners, receptionists and managers. The way they treat the guest is absolutely remarkable. The are helpful by assisting guests any time it will be needed it. SECURITY is a concern that any traveler staying in hostels has to care about. This hostel brings an additional attribute to its hospitality by guarding personal belongings in a luggage room under a careful surveillance. In addition to this lockers of discrete dimensions are placed by each bed.

BED BUGS WARNING. I got bitten after having a short sleep in my bed, let alone the whole night. Glad that I only stayed for 1 night.

It's ok. Clean and has the essencial but the mattress are old and very bad.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Location is close to the train station, but quite far from the city. The rooms were cramped and we got woken up early by girls blow drying their hair. The showers are push button and only stay on for 30 seconds a time. Although the breakfast is free, it's only toast and oatmeal. When I go to London again I will spend more money to be closer to the city.

Ongoing improvements make the Keystone Hostel a great place to stay in central London. Right beside King's Cross Station gives immediate access to the underground as well as being within a half-hour walk to the British Museum and Trafalgar Square. Staff are always friendly and helpful.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The positive point about this place is the location. It is really confortable to go in walk distance to King's Cross and St. Pancras Station. During the reservation they said there was no breakfast but they had some bread, jam and coffee. This was nice. But I think they are a not organized. I have booked my room with 2 months in advance and when I arrived there they said there was no room for the complete period, I had to change room. The tiny room has no windows, even staying in the 2nd floor.

Nice facilities, the rooms were ok and acceptably clean, so was the bathroom. Location is awesome! Staff were really nice and friendly as well. Some things I didn't like: as with any building in central London, the hostel is really small and narrow and there are a lot of stairs, so factor this in if you have luggage. The showers are ok but shower curtains could use changing. No internet in rooms. My room sometimes got really noisy as the window was across the bar, which gets crazy sometimes.

Booked w/ Keystone because of its location -- super easy to find and very close to Kings Cross station. The staff was also very friendly and made sure that all of my questions were answered. Going to your room is kind of a maze, you're walking down hallways and up stairs! The restrooms/showers were clean whenever I used them, which is always nice. But beware -- keep your things locked up at all times! I had one of my things stolen during my stay...

Basic Hostel with a good value for money. There is a metro tunnel under the basement of the hotel, so you might wake up at 5 am. A standard breakfast is included. You can have a more copious breakfast at a nearby location. They have a menu with special prices if you tell in advance that you are staying at Keystone House. We didn't tell it in advance and had to pay the full price ....

the fire alarm sound in the middle of the night for no reason, and the staff doesnt care about it. it was a little bit scary.

The location did it for me, a wee bit noisy but great value and easy access to trains, tube etc.

• 16th Jun 2014

Very poor hygiene, no follow up to request to improve. Couldn't get registration right, someone else sleeping in my bed for two consecutive nights. Won't return

• 16th Jun 2014

Excellent location, 100 m from King's Cross/St Pancras station and tube. Double rooms are in the basement (no window), whereas dormitories are on the 1st floor. Shared bathrooms are simple but clean. The staff has always been kind, reception always open and self-service breakfast is included. Just one pitfall: the wifi connection does not reach the basement floor. Nevertheless, we really enjoyed our stay, it's a perfect foothold to explore London.

• 15th Jun 2014

I am very impressed with the service I received at Hostelworld. Reception staff was utterly friendly, welcoming and cheerful. Also in restrospect I have to say a special thanks on how patient and accommodating they were when we came back from the evening out and sitting in the common area. It must not be much fun dealing with a group of drunken (yet generally well-behaved) people, but the staff was really super nice. A massively huge Thank You!

• 14th Jun 2014