Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

location is great for me. Unfortunately wifi works only at the bar which close after midnight.

expensive and small room, with low heating. breakfast was basic. very easy to find

• 21st Dec 2013

I hated my stay at the hostel. It was so hot in our room that people were getting sick and the staff refused to do anything about it. The bathroom for the lads was out of order, so everyone was forced into one bathroom (with 2 stalls, because the other two were also out of order). Now, in our room there were 16 girls, so I can only imagine how many people were sharing it! There were never any toilet paper and it was looking gross. Additionally, the cleaning lady took my stuff and threw it out.

Very well located near King's Cross underground station which made it very convenient. Rooms were comfortable.

Hi there Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Could really do with a sign on the door that triggers the fire alarm, then maybe people would stop opening it at all times.

Approved in general. Few bad points: 1) construction adapted with wooden stairs which lead to many upper floors where you climb a lot and get lost with so many bifurcations; 2) consequently, wifi only on the ground floor (in a specific room, which closes at 22h); 3) in the rooms, the eletric outlets are only of the british standard and the hostel sells adapters for 5 pounds (being a hostel, electrical outlets should also be on the international standard, or warn about it on hostelworld).

place is in good location but the room i was in was very noisy. I can hear traffic outside and ambulance noises which was very frequent. Good enought as a hub but not so relaxing environment....

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Philippines

Somewhere to stay, not somewhere to enjoy.

It was one of the best locations I could imagine and the price was fantastic.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • India
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staff are really nice here and there is everything you need available. Good atmosphere with the bar downstairs and common room. There are lockers but take your own padlock as it is £5 to buy one. Don't be fooled by the kitchen as myself and a couple others did, there are no cooking facilities just a microwave and toaster.

• 11th Dec 2013

Good location near the underground station. Great staff, kitchen corner, a lot of facilities. I'll stay here at the future

We came for the fourth time, we love it, we don't need more! Keep going the good work! regards dikkie zuijderduijn.

• 7th Dec 2013

I stayed in 4th floor. Toilets were just in the 1st floor. For every single toothbrush i had to go 3 floors lower. But the most interesting things are the showers! Wait for this. You have toilet seat and shower in the same place actually. First you have a curtain then place for shower then curtain again and after that the second curtain, toilet seat finnaly awaits you. So you have to step over shower floor with shoes probably to have a moment in WC. Horrible. I have never seen anything like it.

The hostel as a fantastic atmosphere, all the people there are nice and kind to you. To rooms are warm, the conditioned air is working good! Just one or two repairs: you have to be the first ones to take breakfast if you want some choice of food (in my first day I only have bread and butter because its the only thing left) and the wi-fi doesn't work so good, it breaks all the time. I recommend this hostel for sure!

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear the positive feedback! I will gladly pass your comments about the breakfast and Wi Fi on to the management and make sure that these areas are improved for the future. We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

I had a lovely stay, a very comfy bed and that was ideally located for what I was in London for. I just struggled (for about 5 minutes so it's not so much of a hassle) to understand how to get breakfast. I was a bit shy at the beginning!

• 4th Dec 2013

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

0) V. cool location, cross the street from King's Cross tube station, close to boris bikes etc. 1) Shabby bathroom 2) Wi Fi only in one room that's available only untill 11pm

It is fine hostel for back packers and other people who do not want to spend too much money. It would be nice if towels were included.

• 2nd Dec 2013

They don't have elevators, so consider this if you're travelling with heavy luggage. They include breakfast, but I wouldn't recommend it for that. However, they have large fridges where you can store your own food and microwaves so you can prepare something and have it on the dinning room.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As the hostel is relatively new we are always trying to improve our facilities, so again thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate, it is not easy carrying your luggage up the stairs so perhaps an elevator maybe something to consider for the future. Our staff are also always there to lend a hand. We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

STARTING FROM THE POLICY OF hostel. ENTERING THE ROOM WAS ON 2 THE AFTERNOON AND NEED TO LEAVE THE ROOM ON 10 IN THE MORNING. TO GIVE OUR FREE INTERNET CONNECTION SHOULD PAY FIVE POUNDS FOR SPECIFIC AREAS WHERE NOT INCLUDED IN THE ROOM. We booked a room for three people, BUT the room did not fit on two people. THANK GOD IT WAS CLEAN ON. To rent TOWEL wanted FIVE POUNDS. TO LEAVE THE CASES OUR AFTER DELIVERY OF ROOM TO hostel had to pay TWO POUNDS EACH CASE.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Greece

poor breakfast orange juice and some other bakery products than only toasts would be nice