Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Really clean and nice facilities. A good place to stop for a few days.

• 1st Dec 2014

We had a private double room ensuite and it was bad: - There was mould in the bathroom and in the sleeping room. We literally could smell the wet air. - There was a hole in the wall of the shower, which they tried to "close" with tape and a garbage bag. This leads us to the next point. - It was f*cking cold in both rooms and the air conditioner didn't work. - The receptionist said he's going to take a look at it to fix it or/and could give us blankets instead (seriously?!). Nothing happened.

Thank you. Would stay again

• 29th Nov 2014

Staff was rude and facilities were not clean.

• 29th Nov 2014

Perfect location near subway with a lot of lines. A lot of sound from the streets though (come with the location). Make sure you bring earplugs. Regulary cleaned common areas and bathrooms. Friendly and helpful staff. We had a double room and there was lockers in the room that felt safe with a lock on.

• Sweden

Very clean. Despite tight quarters and unwashed travelers it did not smell in the dorms. Good for you. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They helped me get from the hostel to my train at 3 in the morning, knew all the answers to my questions, and even printed out my Ryanair boarding pass. I would absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to London.

The Bathroom facilites are not very cleaned plus in bad construction condition, they should be renovated. The windows in the rooms could not be opened thus the air was stale and the smell was unbearable.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • REMIFIACCHETTI3532

Located right outside a busy club. Good hear club and traffic throughout the night. Room was ok, clean enough, although we didn't have any power in the room at the socket. It got sorted but we had to leave for a maintenance team to come. Hostel itself was quiet.

This hostel is simply horrible. There are only four shower for a three entire rooms hosting 16 people each. Bathroom always dirty and full of hair everywhere. The trash bin is full at any time of the day. Internet only works in the kitchen, so good luck finding a table available that is not being used by someone with a laptop at dinner time. No stove in the kitchen. Staff give you no information about the hostel nor the location. There are no such thing as bar or terrace.

Great location, just few minutes from king cross station and great neighbours with a lot of stores around, like starbucks, mcdonalds, farmacy, and others. Small bedrooms and don`t have internet inside them.

My impression of this hostel is not better.I lived in this hotel for 3 days.I was very upset on the second day.Things missing from my bag,did not return a Deposit on a map that was made for the key of the hotel.Changed room clean on the dirty..I will not return to this hotel in his next trip to London!

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Stay was great! staff we friendly , the location was perfect! unfortunately the 16 beds room are to small , i would recommend to take max 8 beds room. Also the shower and toilet are in the same kennel separated with curtain, it's not that hygienic. All the rest was good. I've stayed there like a week.

The staff were so kind and friendly. However, they are helpful on selected guest only. I ask the receptionist to help me store my luggage in the luggage room and he just gave me the key. A few minutes later, another guy ask the receptionist to help him keep his luggage. The receptionist went with the guy to the luggage room to help him! The WIFI were so slow. some facilities were incomplete. Total chaos on managing the booking. They managed to book some bed which have been occupied already.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Money stolen off me. Apart from that, no dramas.

With a fantastic location just a few blocks from Kings Cross St. Pancras station, friendly staff, comfortable dorm rooms, and a relaxed atmosphere, I would recommend Keystone House to any college students exploring London. My group was able to enjoy all of London's wonders well-rested and conveniently close to the underground station where our adventures began every morning.

• 21st Nov 2014

We were booked for a two night stay in three bed private room. First night was a bit noisy but OK. On our second day when we went sight seeing, staff MOVED all our belongings that we have left in the room to another room without any notice (they had phone numbers of all three of us, but didn't bother to inform). When we came back to hostel we had an unpleasant surprise when all our belongings were missing and receptionist also wasn't sure where they are. Luckily we found our stuff in new room.

The service was slow, I had to wait for everything: wait for checkin, wait for towels, wait for checkot... The towels was charged extra There was no wifi in room There was NO WINDOWS IN THE ROOM - IT WAS IN THE BASEMENT !!!! plus, my credit card was charged for lost key, which I did return during checkout.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Poland

Incredible location, 1 minute walking from King's Cross. The staff was helpful. Sadly, there was no breakfast available, although such was advertised.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

The location was very good, but everything other was at a low standard.

Good for a bed, but everything else is sorely lacking. The "Wi-Fi" is limited to a common area downstairs, but it's SO slow that it can barely handle email. Any social media site is iffy, and you can forget anything more than that. The bathrooms are kinda far from the rooms, and the showers are even further. Worse yet, the showers are only on for 10 seconds, because of a push button. You have to keep pushing to keep a steady stream of water. Lastly, I was on the 4th floor... with no elevators.