Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Fantastic location for anyone arriving by train, so close to St. Pancras. Very friendly staff. I stayed in a 16 bed female dorm, but it was very well laid out, and did allow an amount of privacy. Bathrooms and kitchen were basic but clean and well maintained. Will definitley stay there again.

• 2nd May 2014

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Toilet and bathroom are clean. Staff are nice. But our room was very noise. Our room was in basement. We heard people walk around, talking in next room and noise from underground when train pass through. We couldn't sleep. Luckily we stayed 1 night only.

I wasn't given back the £6 fee in case something breaks. I ordered a private, quiet room for two and we ended up in a room for 4 with two bunk beds, hopefully no one was there but it was way smaller that what was expected and really diferent from the photo on the website. The staf didn't wan't to change the room and said we had this room because the hostel was full but we reserved the room online eary so it wasn't fair. Otherwise, very clean and comfortable but no curtains on the bunk beds.

One man in my room was behaving so bad (noisy, disgusting, no self-control, drunk) that police was called to take him away. But the staff tried to be helpful. The rest of the time was rather peaceful. About rooms and corridors - they are quite small/narrow, so there's small air circulation that causes a constant smell of toilets and detergents (unfortunately - particular smell of the hostel). The kitchen was crowdy in the breakfast time - too little toasters, sometimes lack of milk.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Excellent facilities, and location. two block from underground and train station, so many restaurants around. Bunk beds comfy, common bathrooms, showers clean. No complaints.

Very nice hostel, staff available, clean room

Excelent, Ill stay there over and over again :)

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Showers last 6 seconds every time you push the button. The only thing worth staying there for is the connectivity to the rest of the city

Took a while to check us in as the staff were swapping shifts, but once we had our room it was clean and tidy. Comfortable beds with plenty of bedding. Rooms are loud, as right next to the road, but the location is excellent for access to the tube, literally a two minute walk away. Good toilet and shower facilities, clean and spacious. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Good internet access.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Wales

Extremely noisy till small hours of the night. Also poor cleanliness. All this no doubt the boarders' fault rather than the management's directly, but the place will only suit the specially undemanding backpacker. Plus points: friendly staff and great location, but even granting the latter, the cost is too high.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • India

I still have not received the money from the key deposit which seems unfriendly and has left me feeling some what put off even though it isn't a lot of money - it is the principle. Otherwise I am not sure I would elect to stay in a hostel again, the quarters were quite small and the bathroom never got dry. However it was convenient and I felt safe.

• 21st Apr 2014

Good value of money. Very near to train station. Staff were friendly. Room was decent, though smelled a bit. But being a 16 beds dorm, this is understandable. Breakfast served was simple. The bread served was beyond expiry date, though it was still edible, people might worry bout it.

A pretty good hostel, the staff wasn't very friendly but helped with everything we needed to sort inside the hostel, not much helpful to point attractions or even Pubs. The most amazing thing is the location, the price and the bathrooms which were always clean at least in the morning and evening. The hostel has lockers by your bed and the luggage room seemed pretty safe. Nothing to complain! Thank you for the stay

• 20th Apr 2014

Great location. Staff were okay. I thought 2 pounds to store our bags after we checked out was a bit steep. Place is currently having some renovations done so moving to the common room/bar area was a bit annoying. The common room and bar need a bit more atmosphere. Bar has free wifi but common room you have to pay which is weird. Beds were awesome had such a good nights sleep there. Overall pretty good.

• 20th Apr 2014

The best aspect is the location just next to king cross station.The room was in good condition and the atmosphere is friendly.The only thing I would complain is about charging extra services...after check-out I left my luggage in the store room for just some hours and I needed ten minutes the computer for printing my ticket flight...everything were charged

Well, it was a bit disappointing. My phone and watch were stolen - and I was among many robberies that weekend. The staff had a "well, what are you gunna do?" kind of attitude to it all. Atmosphere in the hostel was altogether a little damp - who could blame the people, given that there were thieves among us?

Very very noisy, hard to stay asleep at night!

• 18th Apr 2014

It would be great to propose a larger breakfast ( at least orange juice and some fruits or pastries ) It's a shame that the underground station just i front of the hotel is closed

• 18th Apr 2014

Room was surprisingly bright and spacious, with okay bed. Shame about the noise from the busy district outside, but the location is right next to Kings Cross so you can easily get around. Place was fine, but I was appalled by the fact the SHOWERS are actually in the same cubicle as the toilets. Pretty disgusting!!! I certainly wouldn't shower there... Tiny lounge and no social-ness to the place. Don't expect to make friends or socialise here. Literally is just a bed for the night.

Ill come back again