Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

The first three nights we stayed in room LU10, which was a private room for 3. I couldn't imagine how claustophobic it would be. Not well isolated and a backpacker pub right above, whose guests easily could access our shared bathroom. In a cellar with narrow corridors and stairs. Train tracks of Kings Cross/St Pancras intl station right under the floor. Humid minimal room with poor air conditioning and no window, don't take your shoes off there. Staff was friendly. Just the cellar that was bad.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that we had not quite met your expectations on this occasion but we really do appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes

Great position! Right near kings cross train station, and walking distance to heaps of attractions. Kind of small rooms but it didn't matter, comfy beds, although our aircon was broken so it was kind of hot. Not the friendliest atmosphere so I probably wouldn't recommend if you were going on your own.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying with us. We do have some activities for the guests and pub crawls are always a nice starting point :) Safe travels.

Well placed. Staff friendly helpful. Clean and comfortable bed. Room was small but I was warned when I booked so to be honest I was expecting a shoe box and it was fine , enough room for two and all our stuff .

• 2nd Jun 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your stay with us. We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

It was frustrating that both of the showers downstairs were out of order, especially considering the amount of guests that were staying in the hostel. I understand this can sometimes be outside of the hostel's control and fortunately one out of the two showers was fixed the next day, however the other one remained out of order for the four days I was there. Otherwise, clean facilities and a really nice kitchen area and bar.

Hello, Thanks for the review. We have more showers in the building. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Next time, please inform reception of any issue. Hope to see you back real soon! Safe travels.

I'm 40 and was with my 21 year old daughter. Totally safe, clean and great location. We had a private room and bath. Will stay again for sure!!!

• 1st Jun 2015
  • American Samoa

Hi there, We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Great hostel, amazing location. Fantastic staff. Very clean. I would recommend to anyone.

Hello, We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

I chose a three-bed private room. It's not that noisy as i was expected but quite small and even difficult to turn around. But its still worth it to stay here because of the fancy location and overall goodness. They charge 2 pounds per bag for luggage room.

This place is just ok, we had constant problems with our keys. The bathrooms are a bit dirty. The pillows are great, I will say that. I woke up in the middle of the night to a guy jacking off in the bunk below mine. Not the hostel's fault....but gross nonetheless. I would not stay here again.

The underground floor we stayed on seemed to only have 3 showers for all the rooms. There was never >1 of those working. We stayed in 3 rooms across 3 stays. The train noise was fine, but one room absolutely stank, which made it almost uninhabitable, and most doors creaked incessantly open/close. The noises seemed to get rectified once we informed staff. We didn't chance the stinky room again. No atmosphere but close to everything and it felt safe.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your staying. The LU Rooms are in the process of being remodelled. We could have moved you rooms if you told us. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

Bit rough around the edges for the cost (we stayed in the 3 bed private, £90) but it appears that the building is undergoing renovation, so perhaps this is going to be improved in the coming months. We arrived around 10.30pm, to not the warmest of welcomes, even though we were very friendly towards the receptionist, but maybe that's just the London way! Receptionist in the morning was much friendlier!

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your stay with us. We train our staff to be friendly and professional. I am disappointed to hear that we had not quite met your expectations on this occasion but we really do appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes

When I booked a LU room in Keystone House King s Cross, I did'nt understand what it means : to sleep in a very wet and noisy cellar. Room smelt the mould, the thermostat driped. Very bad night

• 30th May 2015

i there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your stay with us. We labelled London Underground rooms on Hostelworld. They are located on the underground, therefore, there is no windows but we provide Air Conditioner, however we did have a problem with your AC, we apologize for any inconvenience. I am disappointed to hear that we had not quite met your expectations on this occasion but we really do appreciate your feedback. Safe travels

Hostel and facilities were clean, pleasant and comfortable. Location was very convenient. The windows did let in a bit of noise from outside but otherwise the hostel was quiet and the general atmosphere good. Would be very happy to stay here again.

• 29th May 2015

Hello. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are so pleased you enjoyed your staying with us! We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Best hostel I have stayed in while in Europe! So close to everything wonderful reception.

For the amount paid for the 2-bed ensuite room, it was extremely close quarters. Only one Person at a time could Dress; the other had to stay in bed or leave the room.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a pleasure having you here! We hope to see you again real soon.

The main advantage of this hostel is its location. we were informed that the room will be without window but we didnt know that the smell of moisture will be so intense ,water was running from air conditioning and because of the smell it was hard to breath while sleeping. more over around 10am when we were still asleeep someone entered the room without knockingg just to take the rubbish out! from the bar upstair you could easily reach hostel facility so i dont think its secure, generally poor.

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a review. We did have a problem with the air conditioner in your room. I am disappointed to hear that we had not quite met your expectations on this occasion but we really do appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes

Really nice place I recommend it to everybodyp

Good location, but we were 2 people only in my room (8 bed dormitory) who found their valuable belongings stolen, and it took at least 5 days for the staff to look at the cctv. Friendly staff?? Well, depends. I don't want to generalize but some of the receptionists were anything but not friendly and it literally felt like they didn't give a sh*t. And besides all of that, I don't even know what to say about the mould invasion in the underground rooms...

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a review. We are really sorry about your loss. We always advise our guests to keep their belongings in the lockers. Unfortunately, you didn't protect yourself. The police told you the same. I am disappointed to hear that we had not quite met your expectations on this occasion but we really do appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels

Just a block from the Station, mini mark right next to it. Cleanliness is fine in the room of 16, but only 2 toilet for all of us to shear with the other rooms, the light ball went out in the toilet for 2 days still no one changing it. The only commoent area is the kitchen which people from the bar next door could walk into

Hello, Thanks for the review. We do have more toilets in the building. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Next time, please inform reception of any issue. Hope to see you back real soon! Safe travels.

I was afraid to stay here initially because of the reviews but I've stayed on three separate occasions and it's been great! My rooms have been really clean and I stayed in a private and it was recently remodelled and looked great! The staff was great, and I found the overnight staff to be very helpful and kind.

I really enjoyed my stay at Keystone! The room in the basement were so neat to stay in, because you could hear the tube trains pass by; it really added to the central London atmosphere! The hostel itself was super clean, the showers and bathrooms were always tidy, the staff were very nice and incredibly helpful! I felt very secure and safe with all of the electronic locks on the doors. The roof terrace was a great little hangout spot and everyone I met in the hostel was really nice! 10/10.