Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Location and cleanliness were great. The room was small and had no windows, which was stated in hostelworlds descrpition so it was not a surprise. If you're looking for a clean place to stay near the Kings Cross Underground Station, this is a very good one. A bit expensive though.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Finland

I will never pay hotel prices again.

• 6th Nov 2013

Second time I've stayed here, in the same 16-bed female dorm. Friendly chap on the desk, and quick check-in. The bed was clean and comfortable, as too was the shower/toilet/sink. I usually only have brief one or two night stays in London, and it fits my needs perfectly.

The aircondition was out of order, so the room was freezing cold. The hostel is located near af busy road and on top of a bar, playing music all night, which made it impossible to sleep due to the noise. The room appeared dirty with old empty water bottles lying under the bed. Furthermore the common kitchen was dirty and food was stolen from the fridge. Overall I would only recommend this place to people, who need a bed and a minimum of comfort.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Denmark

Lost booking even though was confirmed prior to arrival, most staff very friendly and helpful but there was one in particular that made communication uncomfortable for myself and others, at one time there was only 2 working toilets for a large number of guests.

Positively impressed, this place is simple but well maintained, clean and staff is friendly. Super close to the train stations and pretty close to the center.

Hi Guilhem Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

We had a very pleasant stay. But some guy had everything he owned stolen, I believe that your staff did nothing to aid this poor man.

• 1st Nov 2013

I was reading some comments before booking it and I found good and bad comments, I must say that It is one of the best hostel ever been at London!!!

• Spain

Hi Sergio Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

The staff was so nice and helpful! Everyone I met there was incredibly friendly and welcoming. I even woke up sick in the middle of the night and though meds weren't around, they improvised and did a great job at making me feel comfortable. Really enjoyed my time there - thanks!

• 1st Nov 2013

Hi Allison Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope your feeling better now! I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

The location so close to King's Cross was so convenient. The double room we initial got was actually a twin single, but they upgraded us to another room (double room) for free which was great.

I will choose Keystone House Kings Croos for next stays in London, location is perfect an place is nice and sure. I recommand!

• 31st Oct 2013

We stayed there for 5 nights, the room and the bathrooms were clean and the stuff was very friendly. The location is excellent, over the street is the first metro station. The breakfast is maybe a little poor, but for this money it is good. In general it was a very nice stay, I would recommend it to anyone. I would stay there again!

• Slovenia

Bathrooms were horrible

• 31st Oct 2013

Hi Guglielmo Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry you were unhappy with our bathrooms. We appreciate feedback from our guests so we know the exact areas that need to be improved. The bathrooms are cleaned twice daily as hygiene is one of our top priorities, so I am glad you brought this, to our attention. I do hope you will come back and stay with us in the future All the best Orla

Have to pay for the towels...

During my stay in Keystone I stayed in a 8 bed dorm (4th floor). I had the occasion to see the 16 bed dorm (3rd floor) and I prefer my choice. The worst thing of my room was that the bathroom was in the 1st floor!!! The hostel is situated in a very noisy street but after a few nights hearing the hooter you get use to it. In the basement you can hear the subway, so I don´t know who can sleep there. For the rest is fine. They offer what they say and the atmosphere is very good.I recommend it.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Spain

I think probably one of the best Hostels I've stayed in. Used it as a quick one night stay after a gig and served the purpose. Staff were fab, beds were comfy, rooms were quiet. I stayed in a 16 bed female dorm which had not only lockers but it's own fridge, sink, kettle and toaster - so great for a long term stay too. Kitchen was well equipped. Breakfast was basic but usual for a hostel but good variety of cereals and preservatives for toast. tip: bring your own padlock for locker or £5 to buy

Keystone House is perfect for students, backpackers, and even families. A chill atmosphere, warm and welcoming staff, very clean rooms, and a great location (by buses and Kings Cross Station). My brother, sister, and I had a great experience.

• 29th Oct 2013

Hi Pamela Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

toilets were 2 floors down, which could have been an issue for us , being "maturer" guests.was very clean, comfortable beds, instructions for breakfast were woefully absent so we were uncertain about what to do/what belonged to whom.

• Couple, 41+

We have been to a lot of Hostels worldwide and are aware that a Hostel is not a Hotel and that the standard is different. We had a tiny room without a window (which was not mentioned before). Due to the fact that we had a room right below the bar/kitchen it was very noisy. The bathrooms and the kitchen area were not very clean and the breakfast was not appealing to us. Besides that, the hostel is located right at Kings Cross. A lot of restaurants, bars and supermarkets are around the corner.

• 28th Oct 2013

Hi Susanne Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you were unhappy with your room. On Hostel world, it does mention that this room is a basic room and is located below ground level with no windows, all these rooms do, however contain A.C. The bathrooms and kitchen are cleaned twice daily as hygiene is one of our top priority so I am glad you brought this to our attention. I do hope you will come back and stay with us in the future All the best Orla

Stayed here 1 night. Location's perfect, right across from King's Cross tube, so no complaints about inevitable street noise. Stayed in an 8-bed dorm on the 1st floor with 2 windows (which don't open->smell) facing the street, bed was clean, cosy and warm, mattress rather saggy though. Basic breakfast included (very busy kitchen, no room to move around) was ok. I do have one complaint though: the staff did not check the tag when I picked up my luggage from the storage, I could've taken anyone's.

• 28th Oct 2013

Hi Marlene Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate feedback from our guests so we know the exact areas that need to be improved. I do apologise that you could not open the window in your room but there is A.C and a remote control to regulate the temperate so this should of helped to freshen up the room. As for your luggage the staff should of looked at the name on the bag and checked it was definitely yours I will speak to reception about this. All the best Orla