Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Great location. Staff were okay. I thought 2 pounds to store our bags after we checked out was a bit steep. Place is currently having some renovations done so moving to the common room/bar area was a bit annoying. The common room and bar need a bit more atmosphere. Bar has free wifi but common room you have to pay which is weird. Beds were awesome had such a good nights sleep there. Overall pretty good.

• 20th Apr 2014

The best aspect is the location just next to king cross station.The room was in good condition and the atmosphere is friendly.The only thing I would complain is about charging extra services...after check-out I left my luggage in the store room for just some hours and I needed ten minutes the computer for printing my ticket flight...everything were charged

Well, it was a bit disappointing. My phone and watch were stolen - and I was among many robberies that weekend. The staff had a "well, what are you gunna do?" kind of attitude to it all. Atmosphere in the hostel was altogether a little damp - who could blame the people, given that there were thieves among us?

Very very noisy, hard to stay asleep at night!

• 18th Apr 2014

It would be great to propose a larger breakfast ( at least orange juice and some fruits or pastries ) It's a shame that the underground station just i front of the hotel is closed

• 18th Apr 2014

Room was surprisingly bright and spacious, with okay bed. Shame about the noise from the busy district outside, but the location is right next to Kings Cross so you can easily get around. Place was fine, but I was appalled by the fact the SHOWERS are actually in the same cubicle as the toilets. Pretty disgusting!!! I certainly wouldn't shower there... Tiny lounge and no social-ness to the place. Don't expect to make friends or socialise here. Literally is just a bed for the night.

Ill come back again

• 17th Apr 2014

Very dirty - the rooms were not cleaned - a jewing gum was still in the shower sticking at the wall - the carpet was not cleaned - the rooms were very small without a wardrobe - for two rooms (2 and 3 people) it was not the money worth we had to pay

• 17th Apr 2014

Highly recommended! Clean even though the hostel was full!

Good value for the location, and clean. Staff very helpful. On downside, the breakfast was poor and we had to go elsewhere. The bunk beds did not seem very susstantial for adults, and the rungs on the ladder to get up were round and very hard on the feet.. When we arrived they kept us waiting for half an hour until we could check in while they balanced the books and changed shifts. Showers did not drain freely and overflowed.

• 16th Apr 2014

Dirty facilities (showers, toilets), found mushrooms (!!!!!) growing behind one of the toilets, the room was very noisy (e.g. we could hear virtually everything that was going on on the street), room smelled (windows had to be constantly opened when we were out so the room would went), staff wasn't all that interested in their guests, had to pay 5 gbp for a cord adapter (as UK has specific ones) to charge my phone.

Very central to everything you want. Good places to eat. With its own pub next door.

• 15th Apr 2014

Coming from Germany, it was a wonderful time in London, staying at one of the most central points with 3 train stations and the underground beside. So going and coming to the airport was no problem. The stuff is very, very kindly and helped us to get to the Harry Potter studios although we had to forget to booked before. Therefore special thanks to the receptionist :-) Thank you for the lovely atmosphere!

• Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel was in a great location - my sister and I were only there for one night and being less than a minute from King's Cross, we had no problems getting to and from Central London. We stayed in one of the LU rooms, where there was a bit of noise from our neighbours, but I assume it was quieter than the dorms. The shared bathrooms were clean, and there was a very social atmosphere. Breakfast was a bit manic but that's my only 'complaint'

• 15th Apr 2014

Very hard to find rooms. If you big luggage it'll be difficult for u to carry up and down. Super narrow path felt like I had to hunt for the room middle of the night when I was already so tired. Also the staff didn't check when the guests take out their bags from the storage room. Someone ended up taking other people bag. Staff were impolite and not helpful. Loud noise till late night from students staying in there.

Upon arriving at the hostel with my parents we were given the wrong room key and went into a strangers' room. Eventually when we had the correct key a guest at the hostel showed us our room not a staff member. The hostel also let other guests take the wrong luggage from the luggage room so that reduced security. The showers do not stay on for more than 30 seconds because of the button they've installed. The bed was comfy, clean but there is a lot of noise from the club under the hostel!

• 13th Apr 2014

My friend and I had a wonderful stay. My first night I was in a female dorm, followed by four nights with a friend in a two person private room. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and we had no problems with our stay. The rooms are really not spacious at all, but it's to be expected for the price and location- it really is a block away from King's Cross station.

• 11th Apr 2014

A better indication on the website about the fact that in the private rooms there are no towels / hairdryers available. Also the breakfast area was under construction, this was not mentioned at the check-in but was left on a small note inside the room.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Very good hostel, facilities are very good, above all fridge in the room, plugs and charging devices. Staff very kind and helpful!

• 10th Apr 2014

It's clean and in a perfect location, literally right next to kings cross and st pancras station. But it's also really big and noisy and there's no room for your stuff, the beds are all pretty much right next to each other