Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

I am very impressed with the service I received at Hostelworld. Reception staff was utterly friendly, welcoming and cheerful. Also in restrospect I have to say a special thanks on how patient and accommodating they were when we came back from the evening out and sitting in the common area. It must not be much fun dealing with a group of drunken (yet generally well-behaved) people, but the staff was really super nice. A massively huge Thank You!

• 14th Jun 2014

Really great !! Very friendly staff, lots of nice facilities and very well decorated. Let us keep our bags in safe storage !

• 13th Jun 2014

We stayed for three nights. The rooms are quite small but u have everything u need. The location is really good because you are surrounded for a metro station and different bus stops. The only thing that i didnt like is that they make you pay for everythig (towels, hairdryer and so on). Breakfast is soooo bad....you can even have a toast.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Great location. Only 2 blocks from St Pancras station. No elevator and the rooms I think go up to the 4th floor. Note: wifi only at the common areas, so none in your room. If you're a light sleeper, make sure you have ear plugs. The windows are old school so you'll def hear all the noise outside. Since the location is smack dab in a busy city center, it's pretty noisy. The building is old as well, so you'll hear the people above you and the people walking the stairs outside. Nice staff though.

Excellent location. We stayed in one of the private rooms with an en suite bathroom. Our bathroom seemed a little dirty.

I was extremely impressed with the cleanliness of the hostel. Beds were clean and comfy and last but not least, its location was very centralized.

Its a good hostel. The only thing that I feel unconfortable is the shower, you will need to push it again and again in a very short time to keep the water running that it is almost impossible to have a good shower. Saving water is important, but letting your costumer have a good shower is also important.

Location wise, it could not had been any better! Walking distance to King Cross

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

The only things that stops this hostel from being perfect are: 1) There was a ghastly bass thumping at a low level - I had to wear noise-cancelling headphones inside the hostel in order to read, work and sleep 2) Hostel needs discourage people smoking right by the door, as the smoke goes right into the seating areas/kitchen. It's not just annoying, but in my case the smoke irritates my breathing passages, which clog up with mucus, so I really appreciate a smoke-free environment.

• 9th Jun 2014

overall the hostel is good and the service is accepted but not excellent, with same money amount you can get another hostel with better facilities and services

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Egypt

Not great, certainly not for the money. The combined shower toilets are gross, the "breakfast" is a joke, the bed comforters are extremely hot, no lights or outlets near beds, some rooms are without windows, service wasn't always so good, you have to pay for wifi in your room (total bs), and the TV is always on in the reception, which is really annoying. There's nothing especially welcoming here, and I probably wouldn't come back if I had a choice.

No elevator! Staying on the last floor is painful but awesome hostel!

• 6th Jun 2014

I recommend exploring the hostel to find the better bathrooms. They also did not have any maps within the hostel. It was the only hostel we stayed at that didn't.

• 4th Jun 2014

Small room for an 8 person dorm. Had to walk down several flights of stairs just to have a shower. The staircase was so narrow, makes it hard when bringing luggage up or down. The most ridiculous thing was having to pay 2 pounds PER BAG when leaving your luggage in theirs storage room. I don't understand what we are paying for when we should be entitled to leave our luggage at a high-priced hostel. Pretty disappointing stay overall.

Excellent location next to King's Cross station which allows you to virtually access any part of the city. Keyfob entry. Staff were pleasant. Breakfast consisted of toast, preserves, and cereals. Beds were average; frames made of steel and naturally creaky. Mostly quiet, except for the occasional night where there were loud street parties right next to the hostel.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Location was perfect for what we had planned during our stay. The room was small (but this is London!) and got quite hot during the night - it was one of the rooms in the middle of the building with no window, so we tended to stay out of the room until we absolutely had to go to sleep. Bathroom was good, shower was really nice. Staff all seemed nice and friendly. Only not great thing was the wi-fi. It was quite patchy at times but that's probably because everyone was using it!

The experience was great. Good location. Good Value. The owner spoke with me for 20 minutes asking me if I had any concerns or comments. Very pleasant. Will stay there next time I visit London.

• 3rd Jun 2014

I arrived late at night to the hostel to find somebody sleeping in my bed (not a hostel guest). Rather than move them I got shifted to another room. The next day I had to wake up early to check out and store my bags etc etc.. Wifi doesn't work upstairs. No elevator. Grubby bathrooms. Beds too close together. Overall disappointing. It has the potential to be good but just too many issues to go back.

Lovely staff and great location being so close to kings cross station. Kitchen didn't have a stove top/oven and not a real party atmosphere, pretty chilled common area.

The timer in the showers is one of the worst things I've ever seen! That's the only reason why I wouldn't stay there again!