Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

The only things that stops this hostel from being perfect are: 1) There was a ghastly bass thumping at a low level - I had to wear noise-cancelling headphones inside the hostel in order to read, work and sleep 2) Hostel needs discourage people smoking right by the door, as the smoke goes right into the seating areas/kitchen. It's not just annoying, but in my case the smoke irritates my breathing passages, which clog up with mucus, so I really appreciate a smoke-free environment.

• 9th Jun 2014

overall the hostel is good and the service is accepted but not excellent, with same money amount you can get another hostel with better facilities and services

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Egypt

Not great, certainly not for the money. The combined shower toilets are gross, the "breakfast" is a joke, the bed comforters are extremely hot, no lights or outlets near beds, some rooms are without windows, service wasn't always so good, you have to pay for wifi in your room (total bs), and the TV is always on in the reception, which is really annoying. There's nothing especially welcoming here, and I probably wouldn't come back if I had a choice.

No elevator! Staying on the last floor is painful but awesome hostel!

• 6th Jun 2014

I recommend exploring the hostel to find the better bathrooms. They also did not have any maps within the hostel. It was the only hostel we stayed at that didn't.

• 4th Jun 2014

Small room for an 8 person dorm. Had to walk down several flights of stairs just to have a shower. The staircase was so narrow, makes it hard when bringing luggage up or down. The most ridiculous thing was having to pay 2 pounds PER BAG when leaving your luggage in theirs storage room. I don't understand what we are paying for when we should be entitled to leave our luggage at a high-priced hostel. Pretty disappointing stay overall.

Excellent location next to King's Cross station which allows you to virtually access any part of the city. Keyfob entry. Staff were pleasant. Breakfast consisted of toast, preserves, and cereals. Beds were average; frames made of steel and naturally creaky. Mostly quiet, except for the occasional night where there were loud street parties right next to the hostel.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Location was perfect for what we had planned during our stay. The room was small (but this is London!) and got quite hot during the night - it was one of the rooms in the middle of the building with no window, so we tended to stay out of the room until we absolutely had to go to sleep. Bathroom was good, shower was really nice. Staff all seemed nice and friendly. Only not great thing was the wi-fi. It was quite patchy at times but that's probably because everyone was using it!

The experience was great. Good location. Good Value. The owner spoke with me for 20 minutes asking me if I had any concerns or comments. Very pleasant. Will stay there next time I visit London.

• 3rd Jun 2014

I arrived late at night to the hostel to find somebody sleeping in my bed (not a hostel guest). Rather than move them I got shifted to another room. The next day I had to wake up early to check out and store my bags etc etc.. Wifi doesn't work upstairs. No elevator. Grubby bathrooms. Beds too close together. Overall disappointing. It has the potential to be good but just too many issues to go back.

Lovely staff and great location being so close to kings cross station. Kitchen didn't have a stove top/oven and not a real party atmosphere, pretty chilled common area.

The timer in the showers is one of the worst things I've ever seen! That's the only reason why I wouldn't stay there again!

Keystone House King's Cross it a great hostel. It was clean, quite, and the staff was very friendly. The location and price were also fantastic.

• 30th May 2014

The staff were really friendly, and overall this was a good hostel. However, there were only 4 showers available for women, which meant that at no matter what time a day, I had to queue for at least 20 minutes to shower. And since all sinks were together with the showers you couldn't just quickly wash your hands or brush your teeth, but had to queue for that as well.

• 29th May 2014
  • Belgium

I was dubious about staying in a hostel, but it was lovely and friendly. Very friendly check in

• 28th May 2014

This hostel is located really close to King's Cross station which makes it really easy to get around the city and see everything both by walking and via the subway. The rooms were about what I expected and were nice to come back to after a day walking around the city. The only strange thing was that the lockers in the room were very skinny however this was not a problem for me since I felt my luggage was safe when I just left it there and could have fit anything valuable in the lockers anyway.

• 27th May 2014

Kitchen does not have a stove -not much cooking one can do with a microwave oven and a toaster (promotes unhealthy life-style!). Also, for a hostel with international travellers, wifi should be seamless these days -with Keystone, it unfortunately was either slow, dropping off-line, or nonexistent. Friendly staff, however.

They charge for holding bags, and they charge for wifi in the rooms. Decent location, clean rooms. Breakfast is very basic, but edible.

I chose this hostel because I was working at Finsbury Park for the weekend. The location is fantastic - 2 minute walk from Kings Cross Station and night bus stop around the corner. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, it is also a very secure hostel having to use a fob to get through each door. I had a 16 bed dormitory which was fine, very clean lockers at the side of the bed and even a little kitchen with a kettle fridge sink and cupboard. Will definitely stay again!

This hostel was just filthy. The facilities were very dirty, shower clogged and overflowing, floors quite dirty, etc. The location was right outside a major train station that had access to all the underground tram lines. Security was high and I felt my things were safe, the staff was didn't have maps and couldn't provide any directions anywhere or suggestions. Don't stay here.