Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

Highly recommended! Clean even though the hostel was full!

Good value for the location, and clean. Staff very helpful. On downside, the breakfast was poor and we had to go elsewhere. The bunk beds did not seem very susstantial for adults, and the rungs on the ladder to get up were round and very hard on the feet.. When we arrived they kept us waiting for half an hour until we could check in while they balanced the books and changed shifts. Showers did not drain freely and overflowed.

• 16th Apr 2014

Dirty facilities (showers, toilets), found mushrooms (!!!!!) growing behind one of the toilets, the room was very noisy (e.g. we could hear virtually everything that was going on on the street), room smelled (windows had to be constantly opened when we were out so the room would went), staff wasn't all that interested in their guests, had to pay 5 gbp for a cord adapter (as UK has specific ones) to charge my phone.

Very central to everything you want. Good places to eat. With its own pub next door.

• 15th Apr 2014

Coming from Germany, it was a wonderful time in London, staying at one of the most central points with 3 train stations and the underground beside. So going and coming to the airport was no problem. The stuff is very, very kindly and helped us to get to the Harry Potter studios although we had to forget to booked before. Therefore special thanks to the receptionist :-) Thank you for the lovely atmosphere!

• Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel was in a great location - my sister and I were only there for one night and being less than a minute from King's Cross, we had no problems getting to and from Central London. We stayed in one of the LU rooms, where there was a bit of noise from our neighbours, but I assume it was quieter than the dorms. The shared bathrooms were clean, and there was a very social atmosphere. Breakfast was a bit manic but that's my only 'complaint'

• 15th Apr 2014

Very hard to find rooms. If you big luggage it'll be difficult for u to carry up and down. Super narrow path felt like I had to hunt for the room middle of the night when I was already so tired. Also the staff didn't check when the guests take out their bags from the storage room. Someone ended up taking other people bag. Staff were impolite and not helpful. Loud noise till late night from students staying in there.

Upon arriving at the hostel with my parents we were given the wrong room key and went into a strangers' room. Eventually when we had the correct key a guest at the hostel showed us our room not a staff member. The hostel also let other guests take the wrong luggage from the luggage room so that reduced security. The showers do not stay on for more than 30 seconds because of the button they've installed. The bed was comfy, clean but there is a lot of noise from the club under the hostel!

• 13th Apr 2014

My friend and I had a wonderful stay. My first night I was in a female dorm, followed by four nights with a friend in a two person private room. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and we had no problems with our stay. The rooms are really not spacious at all, but it's to be expected for the price and location- it really is a block away from King's Cross station.

• 11th Apr 2014

A better indication on the website about the fact that in the private rooms there are no towels / hairdryers available. Also the breakfast area was under construction, this was not mentioned at the check-in but was left on a small note inside the room.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Very good hostel, facilities are very good, above all fridge in the room, plugs and charging devices. Staff very kind and helpful!

• 10th Apr 2014

It's clean and in a perfect location, literally right next to kings cross and st pancras station. But it's also really big and noisy and there's no room for your stuff, the beds are all pretty much right next to each other

For short stay it was good. beyond my expectation I can say :)

The breakfast was kind of a let down, but probably something to be expected in this type of hostel. There was a leak from rainwater in the stairwell leading to our room. The door closer hardware in our neighboring room was malfunctioning, causing the door to slam very loud on close when opened. It is a maze to get to certain rooms from the lobby and to the kitchen/backpackers bar. Location however is great, next to St Pancras, Kings cross.

All the staff members of the hostel were excellent. But there was one, called Marc, from Spain. He was very lazy and he didn't support any facility we request, with arrogant actitude and paying attention only to his personal issues at computer.

The location of this hostel is really great, just 5mins or less from king cross underground. The staffs are ok but sometimes blur. What I am not really satisfied is the breakfast. For 2 days of the breakfast, the toaster and boiler are not working, maybe because the hostel is under renovation or what. The quality of the breakfast is really limited as in super basic which only have cheapest white bread, wholemeal bread and all those cheapest jam. Everything is the cheapest (tesco brand)....sucks

It was good to have the possibility to stay in a dorm room for girls only. It did not feel like a 16 bed room at all because of the wall in the middle of the room. It was a good atmosphere there, everyone was nice.

• 1st Apr 2014

Very good location. We stayed in a private room and it was clean and tiddy, It was a bit small, but confortable. Wifi is free only in the reception, that is always very crowded, that is not so nice, but ok for a short stay.

The hostel is right next to King's cross station, so close! The hostel itself is full out student groups that go out partying together, makes for good partying but not so good sleeping. Hygiene could be better in rooms and washrooms.

great place, I would recommend!!