Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

I think the price we paid is not that cheap but the room was very uncomfortable, though the facilities are ok but would not recommend

• 6th Oct 2013
  • Thailand

nice clean room in an exellent location

• 5th Oct 2013

Hi Tanya Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. it's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

4. Dorm was a little crammed,only 2 lockers. Everything else was really good.

• 4th Oct 2013

Our room 1D at KingsCross KeystoneHouse, had a disassembled cupboard.We couldn´t use it as the door wasn´t installed and someone had put it inside the closet.All the hinges and screws where on the floor plus some plastic bags and a bottle of water half full.We told this unpleasant situation to the staff of the hostel who told us it was going to be fix by next day, but it wasn´t.So we ended up having to stay 3 days at the hostel with our room in very poor conditions and no refund was made. Awful.

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Spain

Toilet and shower facilities are poor, breakfest not worth to even mention. You need to pay 5£ for towel, 2£ for safety box/day, and padlock was 5£. But for a low budget traveller hotel is good value for money.

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • Finland

Tip for keystone hostel: Pay extra and book at least an 8 bed, the difference is huge. I LOVE keystone hostel. I have stayed in many hostels in London and this is by far the best in terms of location, staff, security, cleanliness and price. The only complaint I had was there was no elevator, but they have a luggage room if this is a problem. The staff are really friendly and nice and theres free wifi. Location is incredible, its less then 2 minutes to kings cross station. Stay here if you can.

Hi Anthony Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. it's great to hear the positive feedback! I will mention to the management about putting in an elevator it is definitely something to consider for the future! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Great location, so close to Kings Cross Station. Bed's were really comfortable. Would recommend.

Hi Matthew Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. it's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Excellent location, just a couple minutes away from St. Pancras station.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms, toilet and showers are very clean! I've stayed at many hostels and this was one of my favorites because of the location and security. Thank you for making my experience traveling so wonderful! -Sara Kato

• 29th Sep 2013

Hi Sara Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. it's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Great location next to kings cross. Used for a nfl weekend with three male friends. Bunk beds comfy, room clean. Clogged toilet not much fun

• 28th Sep 2013

Hi Craig Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. it's great to hear the positive feedback! I am sorry about the blocked toilet tho, I do hope it was not blocked for long as I know our cleaners are very hard working! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

Very basic and rooms to small and hot. Asked for maintenance to look but never showed up. Location was best thing about the place. Didn't have a good atmosphere.

The common room with wifi is actually part of a bar with terrible bar music blasting on a system that can't seem to handle it so it cuts off and on, making it impossible to sit and use the wifi. The staff seemed to think it would be a good idea to store valuables in the luggage room rather than in a safe. We had to ask repeatedly if there was a safe before we got a yes and were able to rent one. Toilets were dirty. Breakfast was your basic toast and cereal with instant coffee.

great location, can be quite noisy but super comfy beds and excellent showers. would stay there again.

Why having toilets and shower in the same room? I feel like kind of dirty. I didnt take any shower. One morning, there was no bread so i went asked to the Staff, he said he will come in a few minutes. He came 15 minutes later with 5 slices of bread.. Just got one slice... They say they got free Wifi but it isnt in their place.. You need to get to a bar next to the hostel..

• 27th Sep 2013

Overall our stay was fine. Only problems we had were related to some type of electric short in the system. Our room lights did a lot of weird things and the AC knocked out so we had a very hot last night in our basement room. Over all it was fine for us. The staff was very kind.

• 26th Sep 2013

Bad experience. Se selected the hostel because it location just next to king cross station. Very noisy! We couldnt sleep till 3am. The toilets were disgusting! I really dont recomend it.

• 26th Sep 2013
  • Uruguay

Was here 6 nights. This hostel was looking to make money on everything. Wifi is free in the common room until 10 at night. If you want it in your room or after that you have to buy it. Towels, laundry, everything was a cost. Was late to breakfast by 5 min. Asked the reception for a piece of bread and was denied. Breakfast (time and how it was done), the wifi and such was never explained to me. It was clean enough and was nice to be next to kings cross station since it's a main hub.

Its has become a very poor hostel. I have stay there before, but this time is was a disgrace. Something has happen since my last stay. New owner our something, that have change the level of service. The staff couldn't help whit the simplest thing, like direction, open hours at attractions our what to see in London. They had absolute no tourist /attractions folders. The overall cleanliness was VERY POOR, even for Hostel standards. I can't absolute not recommend it - I'm not coming back !

• 25th Sep 2013
  • Denmark

I stayed at one of the LU rooms. As adviced by the hostel, they are small, noisy, but quiet (yes, both at the same time, since they are very quiet, except when the underground passes near you :)). So not exactly a suite, but this hostel had many other good points: the bathroom facilities, the common room (mixture between living room, pub & Internet cafe), & the staff (really helpful and nice). It's also cosy & safe. The breakfast however, was very poor; and you had to wash your dishes yourself!

To many rules and Don't s

• 23rd Sep 2013