Keystone House Kings Cross Reviews

272-276 Pentonville Road Kings Cross, London, London, England

It's a very nice hostel with an excellent location and stuff as well. Sergio is always ready to help and Orla as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Best wishes

Aside from the location, this hostel was abysmal. The staff were not friendly, nor were they accommodating when they made mistakes. The rooms underground were stuffy, the air conditioner would make very loud noises in the middle of the night and smelled like vinegar. Those rooms are below the bar, so it's incredibly loud. There was blood on our duvet, and they did not give us a new one, so we slept under a single, damp-feeling sheet. If you want to experience a bad hostel, then this is for you.

• 8th Apr 2015

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a review. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our property so if there is ever an issue, please just tell reception and it will be fixed immediately. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. Best Wishes

Good location, clean, and all you need in a hostel

I would've liked to have had wifi access in the bedroom. It was a nice and clean hostel, however, and not too expensive considering I got a double room to myself.

• 7th Apr 2015

HI. THIS hostel is one of the best hostel in heart of London. i feel very good excellent staff . i haven.t seen before in others hostel like this hostel is one of the best hostel i stayed in London. i met very good customer like first day of my arrived i met , Spanish guy.

The only thing I have to say abut this hostel is that, I hope it stays as excellent in all means, as it was when I stayed there.

Too much of a maze. Had to use door/key lock to move within building: ie, to go to reception and then to kitchen. Could only get wifi in kitchen area. Room was always crowded and hot.

Very conveniently located and good value for money. Only real downside it's a bit noisy.

Due to construction works the kitchen and common room are hugely inadequate. The wifi is weak and only available in the common room. The checking in process is slow. No forewarning about the £6 key card charge (however it is refunded). Basement corridors smell of damp. Good beds with individual lights.

Doesn't really have a kitchen, just a kettle, microwave and a toaster... Showers are on a 5 second timer too which was just ridiculous...

The shower room on the first floor really needs to be improved. No hot water, not even warm. The taps are those pushing ones, which means that you have to keep push the bottom every 30 seconds in order to have water to shower. Very inconvenient! However, I do find they have other shower rooms in the basement, but they are located on the other part of the hostel and it's a different entrance door. The location is very good indeed.

The air conditioning in the room was not working and there was no ventilation in the room. I sought help from the reception but the staff only told me to open the door of my room for the whole night and said there was nothing he could do about it until the next morning when the engineer came. It is also very noisy at night. I could hear every footstep of people walking by and was unable to fall asleep until 2sth am.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Best hostel ever and very nice stuff. I suggest everyone to come here if they want to have fun! Specially Sergio who is very helpful

The staff could be more gentle, they don't have wi-fi in the rooms, the lockers are so tight and the kitchen is really far from the rooms. The best thing is definitely the location, 5 minutes walking from King's Cross, where you can get train for anywhere.

• 30th Mar 2015

Best hostel ever in every sense. The spanish receptionist always ready to help

My room was really smelly.

Wifi didn't work. No ventilation in bathroom so therefore smelt. Construction was happening and we were not informed.

• 29th Mar 2015

Best hostel I've visited so far in London, the staff were very helpful and fun, in particular the Spanish receptionist Sergio.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We look forward to having you stay at our hostel again. All the best Orla

just have two complaints...they dont have an oven/stove in the kitchen, just a microwave and is so close to the underground station that you can hear the trains from the rooms downstairs...it was no problem for me to sleep, but maybe for someone...overall the hostel is pretty good and I recommend it!

The showers were awful, would not drain any water. The rooms were damp and smelled of mold. The only reason I would ever suggest this hostel would be because of its location. I know first hand, though, there are better hostels for a better price all over London.

(1969 results)