Khammany Inn Hostel Reviews

Phouthisalath Road, Ban That Luang, Luang Prabang, Laos

great WiFi in the room and good location. uncomfortable beds though

Just an average hostel. Beds were awful. Movie room was only good thing about the hostel but when do you get time to watch a movie ??

The owner was rude to a member of staff in front of us which made us feel uncomfortable. There was a 'wannabe hippie' vibe to the place. There was an issue with checking in as the owner hadn't checked the room of it was clean and ready and after twenty minutes of waiting for him to do so , we then entered the room and there was a dodgy light, a pubic hair on the bed and hair in the sink. The tap on the sink was broken and the shower dribbled out and wasn't very hot. This hostel wasn't for us.

When I arrived my bed was taken so I had to stay in another dorm. They gave me a discount for it. However, the bed was broken, the smell downstairs is really bad, the bathrooms are not very clean and the wifi is poor. In the evening there was loud music both at the reception and my dorm, so if you want to get a good sleep this place is not recommended. The breakfast was good though

very nice hostel

I booked a 6 bed en-suite room with air conditioning however the aircon did not work properly and the toilet was blocked so could not be used and gave off a horrible smell into the room. The main guy running the hostel was very nice, but a couple of the others were very unhelpful for instance when we asked them to fix the toilet/aircon. The photographs of the hostel looked a lot nicer than the actual hostel.

No keys for the room doors meant anyone could come in. No hooks in the bathroom to hang clothes and towels. Breakfast included was nice and free tea was appreciated. Staff played loud music in reception in the morning which was not to my taste.

Rudest signs I have ever seen in hostel saying things like if you leave the window open and aircon on you should have a lobotomy? There are nicer ways to get your point across. Also our booking was for a small dorm but they put us in a huge dorm and wouldn't discount the price. Bathrooms only in the basement and it's quite far from the main area. 15 min walk minimum. Staff were rude. Checked out after 1 night.

Very nice hotel, air con worked really well. We had a double room which was lovely. The location wasn't ideal - it was a bit of a walk to everything, but that didn't bother us too much as it was quiet and the walk was nice

Very good for money. Great place to hang out with the other backpackers. Located on the main road easy to find

Place was in a good location, walking distance to the night market and phousi hill, free breakfast was great, most of the staff speak English, stayed in a twin private room with own bathroom which was great except shower is a faucet coming out of the wall at about hip level. Need to crouch down to shower.

Expensive for Laos with rude staff and is also really dirty and no atmosphere.

Enjoyed my stay here, was easy to extend my stay and staff were helpful and nice. Only issue was the bathroom wasn't cleaned very often, but other than that enjoyed my stay!

I booked two nights and left after 1, worst bunk beds ive ever slept on so loud and was afraid to move. Showers and toilets were dirty. I would NOT recomend this to anyone!

Nicest place we stayed in in Laos. Cheap with a good breakfast for free

not a bad place, too many party people

Good atmosphere, friendly, easy to meet people. A little out of town but not more than a 10-20 minute walk anywhere. Have trips to the waterfalls every day, good free breakfast, lockers are about a square foot and you use your own lock.. The wifi is not very strong though, and really only works upstairs. Reasonably clean, they clean the bathroom every morning. Good AC, there's a movie room, and a convenience store and an atm on the same block.

We spent 2 days here, the staff is very nice. The first day is okay, but we got the problem with waste water system when it was rain, the room was flooded around 2-3cm, and my luggage and cloths were wetted (my Ipad was charging and it was broken ... Yes, the staff offered us a free of charge for the 2nd day, but I still pay for my new cloth and laundry service ;( Please fix your waste water system for raining day...

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Vietnam

Really helpful staff, advising you the cheapest and easiest ways to do everything like visit the waterfalls. Every bed had its own light and plug socket. Water was out our first night, but didn't really matter. Great location, just a 5 minute walk from the night market.

it was relly nice staying there, the private rooms are nice, clean, really pleasant dorms are less nice, located in the lower ground, our smelled dump ad poop and it was more 'lightely' cleaned the overall atmssphere is chilled, the staff is super friendly ans willing to help, and the hostel is really central I would recommend it to erveryone who is staying in Luang Prabang

View all Luang Prabang Hostels