Khammany Inn Hostel Reviews

Phouthisalath Road, Ban That Luang, Luang Prabang, Laos

very nice hostel

I booked a 6 bed en-suite room with air conditioning however the aircon did not work properly and the toilet was blocked so could not be used and gave off a horrible smell into the room. The main guy running the hostel was very nice, but a couple of the others were very unhelpful for instance when we asked them to fix the toilet/aircon. The photographs of the hostel looked a lot nicer than the actual hostel.

No keys for the room doors meant anyone could come in. No hooks in the bathroom to hang clothes and towels. Breakfast included was nice and free tea was appreciated. Staff played loud music in reception in the morning which was not to my taste.

• 6th Jul 2015

Very nice hotel, air con worked really well. We had a double room which was lovely. The location wasn't ideal - it was a bit of a walk to everything, but that didn't bother us too much as it was quiet and the walk was nice

Very good for money. Great place to hang out with the other backpackers. Located on the main road easy to find

Place was in a good location, walking distance to the night market and phousi hill, free breakfast was great, most of the staff speak English, stayed in a twin private room with own bathroom which was great except shower is a faucet coming out of the wall at about hip level. Need to crouch down to shower.

Expensive for Laos with rude staff and is also really dirty and no atmosphere.

Enjoyed my stay here, was easy to extend my stay and staff were helpful and nice. Only issue was the bathroom wasn't cleaned very often, but other than that enjoyed my stay!

I booked two nights and left after 1, worst bunk beds ive ever slept on so loud and was afraid to move. Showers and toilets were dirty. I would NOT recomend this to anyone!

Nicest place we stayed in in Laos. Cheap with a good breakfast for free

not a bad place, too many party people

Good atmosphere, friendly, easy to meet people. A little out of town but not more than a 10-20 minute walk anywhere. Have trips to the waterfalls every day, good free breakfast, lockers are about a square foot and you use your own lock.. The wifi is not very strong though, and really only works upstairs. Reasonably clean, they clean the bathroom every morning. Good AC, there's a movie room, and a convenience store and an atm on the same block.

We spent 2 days here, the staff is very nice. The first day is okay, but we got the problem with waste water system when it was rain, the room was flooded around 2-3cm, and my luggage and cloths were wetted (my Ipad was charging and it was broken ... Yes, the staff offered us a free of charge for the 2nd day, but I still pay for my new cloth and laundry service ;( Please fix your waste water system for raining day...

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Vietnam

Really helpful staff, advising you the cheapest and easiest ways to do everything like visit the waterfalls. Every bed had its own light and plug socket. Water was out our first night, but didn't really matter. Great location, just a 5 minute walk from the night market.

it was relly nice staying there, the private rooms are nice, clean, really pleasant dorms are less nice, located in the lower ground, our smelled dump ad poop and it was more 'lightely' cleaned the overall atmssphere is chilled, the staff is super friendly ans willing to help, and the hostel is really central I would recommend it to erveryone who is staying in Luang Prabang

We stayed in a private twin room. Great fan and aircon. Nice spacious rooms Helpful staff and chilled out atmosphere. Not without its problems, light in the bathroom didn't work, no water for a night but everything gets sorted and we were given a discount so I'm happy.

We booked a private room. Quite dark but decent. Our bathroom wasn't cleaned for days. Great hostel overall though - owner is lovely. I met lots of amazing people there. Good location.

The rooms smell like mildew, and the bathrooms were pretty dirty. Breakfast was alright, and the location good.

Poor location, far from everything. Awful sewage smell in the downstairs rooms. If you stay here do not stay in the basement. Upstairs is manageable.

Good value backpacker place. Really great atmosphere, friendly crowd and staff so good for those travelling alone. Only complaint was the cleanliness - I still in a girls only room in the basement and it smelled like mildew which you get usd to after a while but was really pungent to begin with. The floors were clean, I saw them mop up 3 times a day. But there were so many spider webs all over the walls. I don't think they have ever cleaned there.

• 11th Apr 2015