Khammany Inn Hostel Reviews

Phouthisalath Road, Ban That Luang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Bathroom toilet spouted water everywhere. Disgusting! I stayed for one night on the rock-beds and had enough. If you're cool with getting no sleep and having disgusting facilities then go for it. It is in a good location though.

• 25th Jan 2015

the atmosphere is what made this place so good for me, the staff are super friendly and helpfull, location is brilliant, the building is old so it's a little bit bruised and battered but it's kept really clean I saw the lady's start their cleaning about 7am, the free breakfast is the best so far, they offer French toast and omelettes

Amazing vibe and super helpful staff! However, if you stay downstairs, prepare for a hot, stinky night. The downstairs dorm room has no windows and all the exhaust fans are broken, so the room gets incredibly rank. Also, there seems to have been a sewage backup, which made the downstairs sink like rotten, festering feces. I would stay here again for the scene, but this place comes with a huge asterisk.

Nothing spectacular, good value and friendly staff.

Were not given the room we had booked, and when we queried this we received hostility. The staff clearly enjoy themselves and are good friends but this can make guests feel like an imposition at times. That being said, the breakfast staff were lovely and the food delicious. Beds hard, we slept in a windowless basement. Ended up moving into town to a sparkling clean twin room with an ensuite for the same price. I hate leaving bad reviews but I can't recommend this place.

• 9th Jan 2015

Clean and tidy, good lockers, close to night markets and restaurants, bike hire available, really good breakfast (included) and the nicest staff. They also can organise buses to vang vieng, ventiene etc. and day trips to the waterfall. Thanks for having me!

The French Toast is great, very yummy! But it smelled so bad for sewers in the hostels, that you couldn't enjoy it. The first room smelled moist and for mildew. The second room was way better, i moved in a few days later. It would be nice if the staff would have some informations about the possible next destinations like Huay Xai or Luang Namtha or Vang Vieng. If there is hostels and so on. Not every traveller is so experienced.

Best hostel ever! Great staff, very friendly and helpful. They have two common areas and they prepare the best breakfast of Luang Prabang. We really had a good time in Khammany.

Steve was so awesome! Thanks for being so fun and welcoming :) x

Awesome breakfast! Great staff! The only slight criticism is that the music played in the communal area is so loud it's sometimes difficult making conversation with people where English isn't their first language. And a couple of broken showers. Fix those and I'll send everyone there I know!!

Over aller, it's a good place except for cleanliness. We saw a huge cockroach in the bathroom for the first day but de didn't saw anything else in 6 days here.

• 17th Dec 2014

My favourite SEA hostel yet! The roof terrace and breakfasts are so good. So many travellers here to meet too and it's near the night market buffet :) Haven't got enough good things to say about this place and it was my first proper hot shower on this trip. Would Deffo recommend and would stay again!

One of the best places I've stayed during my sth east Asia trip!! The staff really made it an amazing stay! The best breakfast going round in terms of western food (the French toast is to die for!!!). The rooftop area is a wicked area to chill out, sunbake and just mingle in general with other travellers. I don't have a bad thing to say about this place :)

Great place to stay in Luang Prabang! Best atmosphere!

Good hostel with free yoga and an awesome roof and atmosphere and lovely staff who will help you book tours and get acclimated to Laos. Only drawback is that it's kind of messy and people (cleaning staff? other guests? who knows) repeatedly tried to enter my private room while I was still sleeping, on multiple days, extremely early in the morning.

Although you were overbooked for my 1st night there, I am very impressed with the way you handled the situation. The attitude your staff has shown speaks for the hostel. I was not the least bit put out with the overbooking and being forced to stay in the dorm

Great communal areas on the roof and tv room with lots of films to chose. Daily trips to the waterfall organised. Staff VERY Laid back but lovely. Great French toast! Other than that very basic facilities and a cockrell to wake you (standard Laos!) If your an artist you can paint on the walls and the art work is pretty cool.

Friendly staff, lovely breakfast and a great place to meet people.

• 18th Nov 2014

The hostel is quite nice, the breakfast is very good! Sadly the rooms are not really clean. I have asthma and it was very dusty. We had our room on the ground floor and were not able to sleep the complete night as always people were talking loudly or partying and the staff doesn't seem to care at any time in the night. That's also the point why I would not recommend staying there.

The staff was friendly and exceptionally reasonable when I decided to check out early. I told them I was checking out but understood if they still had to charge me for the rest of my reservation, as per the rules, but they only charged me for the one night I stayed. hardest beds I've ever slept in. The dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed in (I've backpacked Asia

View all Luang Prabang Hostels