Khammany Inn Hostel Reviews

Phouthisalath Road, Ban That Luang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Great place to stay in Luang Prabang! Best atmosphere!

Good hostel with free yoga and an awesome roof and atmosphere and lovely staff who will help you book tours and get acclimated to Laos. Only drawback is that it's kind of messy and people (cleaning staff? other guests? who knows) repeatedly tried to enter my private room while I was still sleeping, on multiple days, extremely early in the morning.

Although you were overbooked for my 1st night there, I am very impressed with the way you handled the situation. The attitude your staff has shown speaks for the hostel. I was not the least bit put out with the overbooking and being forced to stay in the dorm

Friendly staff, lovely breakfast and a great place to meet people.

• 18th Nov 2014

The hostel is quite nice, the breakfast is very good! Sadly the rooms are not really clean. I have asthma and it was very dusty. We had our room on the ground floor and were not able to sleep the complete night as always people were talking loudly or partying and the staff doesn't seem to care at any time in the night. That's also the point why I would not recommend staying there.

The staff was friendly and exceptionally reasonable when I decided to check out early. I told them I was checking out but understood if they still had to charge me for the rest of my reservation, as per the rules, but they only charged me for the one night I stayed. hardest beds I've ever slept in. The dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed in (I've backpacked Asia

The staff were very friendly but it seemd they didn't really know what they were doing. The rooms could have been cleaner. I have a feeling that my bed sheets weren't changed before I took my bed. Apart from this I had a good time. The staff's friendliness made my stay pleasant.

I only stayed here 1 night, but all the staff were extremely helpful and made me feel very welcomed. Big thanks to David, he made sure I was well looked after as well as another girl from the hostel when we were on our way to vang vieng, as it seemed a random tuk tuk driver was saying he was doing the pick ups to the bus station, so David called someone he knew directly to pick us up. Would definitely recommend this place, lovely atmospher.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Colombia

Great place to stay on a budget. The Khammany Inn had a great relaxed atmosphere and friendly and helpful staff! The delux room was nice and spacious, though watch out for the roosters crowing at sunrise ;) Recommended for any easy going traveller searching for cool accom in Luang Prabang.

I was in the 6-girl dorm. The beds were fine, the bathroom was not really good. It's a little dirty. The breakfast provided was good, there are 5 dishes you can choose from, mostly toast egg dishes, and also french toast and toast with butter and jam. Tea and coffee is free, so that's a plus. Wifi is really bad in the entire hostel, and there is hardly any wifi in the dorms

• 1st Nov 2014

Lovely hostel, really nice staff, very accommodating. I stayed in a private room - really nice beds!! And a dorm - still decent, only negative thing is that lockers are not big enough to fit your bag in, but big enough to put a lot of stuff in! If I came back to Luang Prabang I would stay here again. Really nice breakfast and free tea, coffee and water all day! Another negative is that wifi does not reach the rooms, have to sit in the corridor or downstairs to use but a minor point really!

The people working at the hostel seem to be travelers who stopped by at that town for a few months. They were helpful, friendly and generous. They made our stay there comfortable and convenient.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel in a good location, just a few minutes walk from the centre. Decent rooms for a good price and loved the free delicious breakfast in the mornings!

The atmosphere was very relaxed. Khammany Inn has an adorable staff. In the morning we liked to enjoy the breakfast of the lovely finnish girl and in the evening you can enjoy there several beer! Everything else was in a good condition. Maybe the only contra was, that we had to go 2 floors downstairs to the toilets (stayed in the 16bed dorm upstairs). But all in all it's recommendable, especially the laundry there, because the clothes smelled very good afterwards :D

I really like this hostel movie room , rooftop . Great breafast and friendly staff They have many idea for this place . I'm excited to comeback next time if I can .

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

Good place to stay for some days, it was clean, the staff was cool and the breakfast was good. I noticed that they have a bedbug problem (not in our room) but they are dealing with it accordingly. The aircon in our room didn't work properly so we got another room without requesting it, that's a good service for a hostel.

Great hostel . . . BUT!!! Bedbugs!!!

People that worked there didn't make me and my friend feel welcome there at all. There was no locks on the doors and bed bugs in the bed booked two nights stayed one. Aircon was so bad didn't work at all

The best thing that can be said about this place is its location (that, and free breakfast!). Overall, not a terrible place to stay but nothing overly special. I did particularly enjoy hanging out with a guy named Bart who was working at the place. The biggest turn-offs for me (in no particular order): the bed bugs I got from the dorm room, the infrequent A/C, and the dog who put its mouth on EVERYTHING (I'm talking toothbrushes from people's backpacks).

My stay wasn't success at all. First night I got bitten by bedbugs and during the night some one stole my shoes. These things happen, but I was more upset about the way staff handled them. They had no interest in either of cases. Place wasn't clean at all, shower wasn't cleaned for two days, room was filthy and same with breakfast area. Here is lot to do make it nice hostel.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels