Khammany Inn Hostel Reviews

Phouthisalath Road, Ban That Luang, Luang Prabang, Laos

The people working at the hostel seem to be travelers who stopped by at that town for a few months. They were helpful, friendly and generous. They made our stay there comfortable and convenient.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel in a good location, just a few minutes walk from the centre. Decent rooms for a good price and loved the free delicious breakfast in the mornings!

The atmosphere was very relaxed. Khammany Inn has an adorable staff. In the morning we liked to enjoy the breakfast of the lovely finnish girl and in the evening you can enjoy there several beer! Everything else was in a good condition. Maybe the only contra was, that we had to go 2 floors downstairs to the toilets (stayed in the 16bed dorm upstairs). But all in all it's recommendable, especially the laundry there, because the clothes smelled very good afterwards :D

I really like this hostel movie room , rooftop . Great breafast and friendly staff They have many idea for this place . I'm excited to comeback next time if I can .

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

Good place to stay for some days, it was clean, the staff was cool and the breakfast was good. I noticed that they have a bedbug problem (not in our room) but they are dealing with it accordingly. The aircon in our room didn't work properly so we got another room without requesting it, that's a good service for a hostel.

Great hostel . . . BUT!!! Bedbugs!!!

People that worked there didn't make me and my friend feel welcome there at all. There was no locks on the doors and bed bugs in the bed booked two nights stayed one. Aircon was so bad didn't work at all

The best thing that can be said about this place is its location (that, and free breakfast!). Overall, not a terrible place to stay but nothing overly special. I did particularly enjoy hanging out with a guy named Bart who was working at the place. The biggest turn-offs for me (in no particular order): the bed bugs I got from the dorm room, the infrequent A/C, and the dog who put its mouth on EVERYTHING (I'm talking toothbrushes from people's backpacks).

My stay wasn't success at all. First night I got bitten by bedbugs and during the night some one stole my shoes. These things happen, but I was more upset about the way staff handled them. They had no interest in either of cases. Place wasn't clean at all, shower wasn't cleaned for two days, room was filthy and same with breakfast area. Here is lot to do make it nice hostel.

Cons - Rooms do not lock. Our bathroom also had a drainage problem, pretty gross of you have to step in 1.5 inches of dirty water. They shut off the AC during the day. Ours stopped working twice and we had to ask to fix it. Our tuktuk driver to the waterfall arranged by the hostel was kinda shady, wouldn't recommend using the hostel, just find your own. Pros - meet a lot of travelers, close to night market, decent breakfast included

For roughly $5 USD/night, can't complain! Friendly staff, nice breakfast included, and main town area about a 5 minute walk away.

Hostel was really good. Cheap dorm with airco, nice staff. A 15 min walk to the night market and city center. You can also rent bikes at the hostel and go to the center or the swimming pool. Or take a tuktuk ofcourse. You can arrange buses to Vang Vieng and other places through the hostel for a reasonable price. Breakfast was good.

Without a doubt best place to stay in Luang Prabang. Stayed here for almost 4 weeks! Cheap, clean, movie room, free breakfast (lovely Belgian girl made the best French toast) and great atmosphere! Dave the manager and Bart are a great team and are always there to help you out. The hostel just felt a little bit like home!

This place is suppose to be a great place to stay. Not far from town centre, value for money, relax atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff, also excellent breakfast. However, other than meeting travelers, you might meet bedbugs (if you are the lucky one).

One of the beds had bedbugs but issue was sorted pretty quickly after bringing it to the staff's attention. Excellent location. Great staff. Good free breakfast.

I have stayed in dozens of hostels worldwide and this was by far the worst. Dark dorm room barely lit by fluorescent bulbs, filthy bathrooms with broken lights, sheets had not been cleaned, moldy pillow. And BEDBUGS. The staff messed up my booking and were very unconcerned when I asked for a clean sheet- they gave me one, but it was also dirty. I checked out first thing in the morning and switched to a guesthouse. There are dozens of them in town and it is money very well spent.

Room was spacious, air conditioned, had wifi, large clean bathroom and TV. A couple of times I saw lots of room keys, all marked with the room number they corresponded to, left on a table in the corridor, or even worse, on the reception desk unattended with the front door wide open. Laos is very safe so it didn't worry me hugely but still a bit of a security risk. Well located for a 5 min walk to town. Cleaners knocked for about 5 mins both mornings we were there which was a disturbance.

Not as good as the reviews say, pretty far out of the centre. But met awesome people there that was the reason to stay nothing else. Oh and yeah,,, BEDBUGS!!

Stayed in 3 bed private initially - very comfortable and was then moved to a dorm. It was fine to be honest. Bed were not the most comfortable but ye aircon worked well and we had lockers so can't complain. Maybe the cleaners should just empty the bathroom bins more regularly. Otherwise good atmosphere and good breakfast included.

Booked for one night, was quite a basic hostel as far as others I'd stayed in in Laos, but the staff were very friendly and helpful and the free breakfast is a bonus! Slightly further from town than other hostels, but only by a few minutes walk.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels