Khammany Inn Hostel Reviews

Phouthisalath Road, Ban That Luang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Nicest place we stayed in in Laos. Cheap with a good breakfast for free

not a bad place, too many party people

Good atmosphere, friendly, easy to meet people. A little out of town but not more than a 10-20 minute walk anywhere. Have trips to the waterfalls every day, good free breakfast, lockers are about a square foot and you use your own lock.. The wifi is not very strong though, and really only works upstairs. Reasonably clean, they clean the bathroom every morning. Good AC, there's a movie room, and a convenience store and an atm on the same block.

We spent 2 days here, the staff is very nice. The first day is okay, but we got the problem with waste water system when it was rain, the room was flooded around 2-3cm, and my luggage and cloths were wetted (my Ipad was charging and it was broken ... Yes, the staff offered us a free of charge for the 2nd day, but I still pay for my new cloth and laundry service ;( Please fix your waste water system for raining day...

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Vietnam

Really helpful staff, advising you the cheapest and easiest ways to do everything like visit the waterfalls. Every bed had its own light and plug socket. Water was out our first night, but didn't really matter. Great location, just a 5 minute walk from the night market.

it was relly nice staying there, the private rooms are nice, clean, really pleasant dorms are less nice, located in the lower ground, our smelled dump ad poop and it was more 'lightely' cleaned the overall atmssphere is chilled, the staff is super friendly ans willing to help, and the hostel is really central I would recommend it to erveryone who is staying in Luang Prabang

We stayed in a private twin room. Great fan and aircon. Nice spacious rooms Helpful staff and chilled out atmosphere. Not without its problems, light in the bathroom didn't work, no water for a night but everything gets sorted and we were given a discount so I'm happy.

We booked a private room. Quite dark but decent. Our bathroom wasn't cleaned for days. Great hostel overall though - owner is lovely. I met lots of amazing people there. Good location.

The rooms smell like mildew, and the bathrooms were pretty dirty. Breakfast was alright, and the location good.

Poor location, far from everything. Awful sewage smell in the downstairs rooms. If you stay here do not stay in the basement. Upstairs is manageable.

Good value backpacker place. Really great atmosphere, friendly crowd and staff so good for those travelling alone. Only complaint was the cleanliness - I still in a girls only room in the basement and it smelled like mildew which you get usd to after a while but was really pungent to begin with. The floors were clean, I saw them mop up 3 times a day. But there were so many spider webs all over the walls. I don't think they have ever cleaned there.

• 11th Apr 2015

Very good location and good roons!!!

We stayed here twice in April, before and during the New Year. We stayed in the dorms, squeakiest bed ever and the cleaners come in at 8.30 to start cleaning so no chance of a lie in. Really nice movie room with a decent film selection, although a few bean bags wouldn't go astray. The rooftop bar was simple but had a nice atmosphere. The French toast was unreal here and the Irish lads that run the hostel are pretty sound.

Good hostel, comfy beds, good atmosphere, free breakfast. In the 6 person dorms the shower had some moult and didn't smell very good. But the common showers were cleaner. Besides that a really nice hostel!

Good hostel, nice female dorm, friendly staff and excellent breakfast but there were some small negatives as well: big light in dorm was broken, bathroom had no lock, airco didn't have a remote control so didn't work properly, no comfortable common room (tv room was closed when I was there), a bit out of town and the lockers smelled really bad so everything I put in there, smelled bad. Over all it still felt good.

The music at breakfast is too loud sometimes!!!! But breakfast is so good. For free. Wifi a little intermittent but generally good!! Had a good time at this hostel!

I think this place is ok, it's a bit of a trek from the main area though, like a 15 min walk. I was a bit disappointed to be put in the giant dorm that I didn't reserve which is two floors and the opposite side of the building from the bathrooms. I think if you're not in the big dorm it's much better. You get lockers but the rooms are quite warm. I found the place quite friendly though so not all bad.

I slept in a female dorm and the attached bathroom was neither ever really clean nor dry (other backpackers are to blame too but the hostel could have put a broom in there or change the soaked mats). The shared bathrooms were a lot nicer. My reading light didn't work, instead there were wires hanging out of the wall right next to my pillow and there were spiders and spider webs and mold in the corners around the window..

• 4th Mar 2015

Best place we found for Luang Prabang. Good hostel feel to it, good for meeting people. Free breakfast was basic but a good bonus. Beds were clean and comfortable. Would visit again

Good locations and common areas and breakfast. Movie room is nice. Good place to stay. Only complaint would be toilets, often out of toilet paper and of the 2 bathrooms for 14 people one had no light in it and was completely dark.

« first « Prev 1 2 3