Khammany Inn Hostel Reviews

Phouthisalath Road, Ban That Luang, Luang Prabang, Laos

it was relly nice staying there, the private rooms are nice, clean, really pleasant dorms are less nice, located in the lower ground, our smelled dump ad poop and it was more 'lightely' cleaned the overall atmssphere is chilled, the staff is super friendly ans willing to help, and the hostel is really central I would recommend it to erveryone who is staying in Luang Prabang

We stayed in a private twin room. Great fan and aircon. Nice spacious rooms Helpful staff and chilled out atmosphere. Not without its problems, light in the bathroom didn't work, no water for a night but everything gets sorted and we were given a discount so I'm happy.

Good value backpacker place. Really great atmosphere, friendly crowd and staff so good for those travelling alone. Only complaint was the cleanliness - I still in a girls only room in the basement and it smelled like mildew which you get usd to after a while but was really pungent to begin with. The floors were clean, I saw them mop up 3 times a day. But there were so many spider webs all over the walls. I don't think they have ever cleaned there.

• 11th Apr 2015

Very good location and good roons!!!

Good hostel, comfy beds, good atmosphere, free breakfast. In the 6 person dorms the shower had some moult and didn't smell very good. But the common showers were cleaner. Besides that a really nice hostel!

Good hostel, nice female dorm, friendly staff and excellent breakfast but there were some small negatives as well: big light in dorm was broken, bathroom had no lock, airco didn't have a remote control so didn't work properly, no comfortable common room (tv room was closed when I was there), a bit out of town and the lockers smelled really bad so everything I put in there, smelled bad. Over all it still felt good.

The music at breakfast is too loud sometimes!!!! But breakfast is so good. For free. Wifi a little intermittent but generally good!! Had a good time at this hostel!

I think this place is ok, it's a bit of a trek from the main area though, like a 15 min walk. I was a bit disappointed to be put in the giant dorm that I didn't reserve which is two floors and the opposite side of the building from the bathrooms. I think if you're not in the big dorm it's much better. You get lockers but the rooms are quite warm. I found the place quite friendly though so not all bad.

I slept in a female dorm and the attached bathroom was neither ever really clean nor dry (other backpackers are to blame too but the hostel could have put a broom in there or change the soaked mats). The shared bathrooms were a lot nicer. My reading light didn't work, instead there were wires hanging out of the wall right next to my pillow and there were spiders and spider webs and mold in the corners around the window..

• 4th Mar 2015

Good locations and common areas and breakfast. Movie room is nice. Good place to stay. Only complaint would be toilets, often out of toilet paper and of the 2 bathrooms for 14 people one had no light in it and was completely dark.

smells so bad... but almost good

Decent hostel a bit of a walk away from the night market. Morning breakfast is good.

This place is a circus. Absolutely avoid this place unless you have a sadistic pain streak in you, it's not worth the money by anyone's standards.

In the first night our shoes were stolen and nobody from the hostel didn't care about. Regarding the rooms scheme, we thought that they are very disorganized, because there are several people occupying other people's bed. We also should say that they have a menu for the breakfast although the real list is shorter...

Great place to chill and meet people. 5 min walk to centre and on main street. Staff are really good. Most having been/are travelling themselves. Breakfast is good. Egg galore! (or toast and jam), wifi, movie room. large lockers in dorm. Tours available. Just had a good vibe. Toilet/shower area smelt a little funky. Only downside I guess. But its pretty easily brushed over for the rest. Would actively look at staying again if in Luang Prabang.

A bit of a walk from the center, but that's only 5 minutes. Pretty average hostel overall. Enjoyed my time here.

The hostel is located just a ten minute walk from the night market and the city center. It has a decent free breakfast and a rooftop with a nice view over the city and to Phou Si Mountain - especially at sunset. The staff is friendly and helpful. Only cleaning could be improved and our room was rather dark and smelled at times a little musty.

Nice hostel! The common area is nice, the breakfast is very good, the rooftopbar is very nice. It's easy to meet new people, or to go to the waterfalls with a group, which is arranged by the hostel every day. The rooms are good, the beds are ok, showers are nice and warm, but sometimes a bit dirty. And the tv room is good to hang out and watch a movie.

The hostel smells like a sewer most of the time and the staff is completely useless. Although cleaning staff seem to be there often, everything from the floor to the walls is filthy. Hard beds and cold basement rooms with no wifi. Good luck.

Overall this hostel was great. I had a private room which was clean and comfortable. It was a little noisy at night but I was so tired I fell asleep with no problem. Loved Luang Prabang and this hostel was walking distance to the center of town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3