Khangsar Guest House Reviews

P.O. Box; 25451, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

we had a fantastic stay at the guest house, the staff were extremely helpful. our room was very spacious and clean!! the manager organised a trip to chitwan for 2 nights and one night in lumbini defiantly worth the visit and all for very cheap !! the guest house is on a busy road but the rooms do not face it so there was no noise, a lovely terrace at the top to relax on if you want a quiet evening, and if your staying here ask the manager to book you taxis as they get them alot cheaper !!

• 30th Sep 2014

Dona the manager is so lovely and obliging, as are the other staff. The general store below is very convenient. Try and get an upper level room. Good value for moneg.

• 26th Aug 2014

The hostel was very inconsiderate! They charged me 2000rupee for my one night stay at their horribly dirty room!! they even charged me 800rupee for the pick up!! They said that I booked for 3 nights! If they have cleaner rooms, less smelly room, I would stay for 3 nights! I can't even sleep 3 hours straight as the stink from the bathroom was too overpowering. Very inconsiderate ! I even already paid 500rupee for downpayment! I will definitely NOT recommend this hostel!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Cozy guest house in the south of Thamel and a good spot to stay in Kathmandu. The rooftop terrace is excellent and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Jul 2014

i stayed in khangsar hotel for 6 days/the staff is very kind and polite. Raj the manager is very helpful when it comes to trekking.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Good deal for not much money! Great location and if you get a room on top floor it's a bit removed from the Chaos of the streets! Electricity has weird availability and the water tastes like copper but that's all throughout kathmandu- so khangsar is not to blame! But they are kind of hard to find! Hey guys, list an address!!!:)

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very friendly staff, good location deep into the city's heart. They can exchange money for a very low rate

Honestly, for what appeared to be a chaotic city, Kathmandu felt safe and humble. This same feeling was amplified ten-fold upon arrival to Khangsar Guest House: home to an incredibly friendly staff (no joke, some of the friendliest people I have ever met!). Rajandra (aka, Raj) is an EXCELLENT manager who also holds a strong background as a trekking guide and will be more than happy to assist you in planning your trekking adventure if you choose to do so. Overall, a home away from home :)

• 9th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We left the room in the morning and when we came back in the afternoon we found our sheets wet and a piece of bread under the pillow. I don't know if the bread was already there from the night before but doesn't change the bad feeling.

Booked room just moments before hopping on plane from Delhi, sent a quick request for pickup and wasn't sure they would see it but had a ride waiting for me 2 hr later when I landed. Room spacious with a comfy bed (watch for bedbugs)

I stayed at Khangsar Guest House for 4 nights, and during that stay I had very great accommodations. The rooms were clean and safe; in addition, the staff was very friendly and helpful. For my next visit, I will definitely stay at this Guest House, for I had a wonderful experience. Thank you to all!!

• 29th May 2014

It very depends on which floor you will get the room. Rooms in the last floor are very clean, good equipped. When I came back a second time I got a room, for the same price, which was a little bit dirtier. Especially bathroom. After all the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff. Great location.

• 11th May 2014

Excellent location and helpful staff who also looke after our belongings while we went on a 12 day trek. We enjoys our initial stay at this hostel so have returned 3 times since. It can't be beaten on price and location.

Pro: Nice staff and central location. Con: No hot water in late evening or early morning. The toilet flush handle didn't quite work, and I often had to open the tank lid to make it flush. I guess it shows its age.

It is what it is: a fantastic place for backpackers and budget-minded, great location in the heart of Thamel. The personnel could not have been more helpful or cheerful.

• 3rd May 2014