Khangsar Guest House Reviews

P.O. Box; 25451, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Well, we had a great time time in this place during our stay. We came here to stay through the reviews in this site and actually it turned out to be perfect. Everything what we deserved was there. The staffs, the food and the nice owner makes us more feels like we were in home. Hope to see you soon.

This place was comfortable with quiet room in the heart of Thamel, Kathmandu with lot of shops and on walking distance of tourist attraction.Strong wifi, good breakfast.Staff are really nice and helpful. Highly recommend

A great place to stay and to feel like a family. Hotel was very nice an d peaceful. During our stay the staffs showed uo their cooperation and help. The facilities that we got n this hotel was super, Highly recommended.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Stayed at the Khangsar Guest House during the Kathmandu Earthquake. Even in the worst possible situation, they were absolutely amazing. If you are reading this review, my experience should tell you that this is a hotel where you will be taken care of no matter what. Forever thankful for the guest house staff. Wish them all the best moving forward.

Pros: Close to city center (shopping and restaurants), hot water in room, rooftop garden that offered decent views. Cons: Poor wifi (only accessible in lobby but still poor), owner/manager was pretty pushy about scheduling a trek for us, room could've been cleaner.

What a lovely place to stay! The staff did so much to help me get my bearings. They booked tickets for me, gave me directions, put me in touch with a good shipping service, and stored my luggage. The location is fantastic. From the guesthouse you can walk to all of Thamel's restaurants and shops in 5 minutes. I will return here in a few weeks and I am already excited to revisit the city again before I leave Nepal.

Really good location in centre of Thamel. Staff really helpful and always willing to help you out. Wifi not that great- bit slow at times but think that's Nepal in general! Organised trips at a good cost and able to help with any general inquiries. Bed was clean and comfortable and bigger then I was expecting!

The floor of the room was a bit dirty and the noise was very loud from the vehicles with horns outside, but that is probably what you could expect from Katmandu.

Management and staff at this guest house are amazing! They made me feel so welcome and was so accomodating. Excellent location to explore Kathmandu and not right in the thick of the tourist part so cheaper prices. Room was fine. Water was hot on the first night but lukewarm for the rest but it was fine. Good value for money.

The staff made the stay very enjoyable. All very nice and friendly. Would stay again if I came to Kathmandu!

• 24th Mar 2015

A wonderful place to stay in the centre of Kathmandu. The staff are incredibly friendly and made the stay at Khangsar a more pleasant experience- they are always willing to help. The organised trips and airport transfers meant that we had less to organise and a stress free stay. The rooftop is a wonderful place to sit and the rooms are very good value for the location, facilities, etc. I highly recommend Khangsar to anyone considering staying in the city

• 24th Mar 2015

A really friendly Hostel and always on hand to make sure you have a great day. We got some fantastic deals on day trips and also a trip to Chitwan for 3 days which really made our stay worthwhile. I would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to Kathmandu

• 24th Mar 2015

Only stayed for one very brief evening. Arrived late at night via a taxi service they proactively organised for me. Furthermore they were more than happy to assist with booking my bus to Pokhara at 1am in the morning when I made a last minute decision to go there the next day without charging me for the cancelled nights. A great place to stay and the staff were amazing.

The stay in Khangsar Guest House was very pleasant! We were taken exellent care of. Mr Dhana was very caring and made us a great trekking deal with a really nice and trustable guide, who even carried one of our bags: Yadu. The stay as well as the trekking was very well organized and professional, but we also had a lot of fun with our guide!

• 13th Mar 2015

Perfect place, perfect Staff, value of money

Khangsar Guest House is a really good place to stay, if you travel alone and if you are in group. The inveironment is very good. The staff are very very helpful and kind. and the manager Dhana is exellent. You stay in a quiet and safe hotel and at the same time you are close to everthing. It is almost in the heart of Thamel. I have stayed here every year for the last almost 8 years and feel it like my home. I can warmly recommend this hotel.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Great, I think the only thing I didn't like was the water as it wasn't the cleanest. But I think thats because Nepal rather than the hostel.

• 12th Mar 2015

This was a good stay - I ended up staying for a few nights as I wasn't able to do my Everest Base Camp trek. It is pretty basic but fine for the price I guess. Didn't manage to find anyone for my airport pickup but my flight was pretty late and it was a tad chaotic outside the airport.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Northern Ireland

The guesthouse is located in a side street of Thamel so you are shielded from the busy street life but still close to all the highlights. The staff consists of a group of young guys who are very friendly and go out of their way to help you. The manager Rajendra is friendly and easygoing as well. He also runs a trekking agency and got me an amazing deal on an Annapurna trek. The only downside is that wifi did not reach to the room and was sometimes slow, but this is normal in Kathmandu.

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at Khangsar Guest House, and I will definitely return here after I get done trekking! The location is great, right next door to an ATM, delicious restaurants, and clothing/souvenir shops. The staff at this guest house really stand out; they are extremely friendly and accomodating, and they arranged my flight and airport transfer for free! Thank you so much for a comfortable stay so that I could get ready for my trek! -Allen