Khangsar Guest House Reviews

P.O. Box; 25451, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Really basic. Lots of mold in the shower and orange water. In this price range you can do a lot better.

This was the easiest hostel decision my friend and I have made on this trip. Khangsar had great reviews and lived up to our expectations (and more!). They picked us up from the airport with no problems, and the staff is very polite and friendly. Raj is extremely helpful in planning any trip - he helped us get everything we need to trek to Everest Base Camp, and provides invaluable knowledge about anything and everything to do in Nepal (rafting, trekking, bungy jump, etc.).

• 24th Mar 2014

Staying at the Khangsar has been as pleasant as it was convenient. Coming into Nepal for EBC was made incredibly easy thanks to Raj and his team of kind and friendly staff. His service was thorough and his price far below that of his peers across Thamel. Within a day I was able to organise the trek and be sure that every arrangement had been made. Upon my return from the trek, Raj had gone over and above to help me book the next leg of my trip out of goodfaith, proving that altruism isn't dead

• 24th Mar 2014

fantastic staff, very helpful and would definitely recommend staying here if you're visiting thamel.

• 24th Mar 2014

Khangsar is a great place to stay in Kathmandu. It is centrally located in Thamel and the owner Raj is very friendly. The staff is always smiling and helpful. Booking to go to other places in Nepal is also very easy through Khangsar. There is definitely a relaxed feel in this hostel. Thanks again Raj!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • npined2

We absolutely LOVE this hostel!! It is so clean, the staff is incredible. They are so helpful, generous, and amazing we even came back to visit and they helped us out when we weren't staying here. It is in a great location, the breakfast is to die for (try the banana pancakes!), and you can even exchange money here, they give a very good rate!! All in all we had a fabulous time here and will recommend it to all our friends!

Would stay again. Prime location with no noise(apart from the dogs at night which they obviously can't control). Free airport pick up, he was late but no trouble. Was put in a different room than booked online but was same price so happy to stay, room was bigger with a better view from both sides on the top floor. Had hot water when I showered at 9pm. WiFi didn't reach my room which was a down side.Staff not pushy at all! Very friendly.

I enjoyed my stay in Khangsar Hostel.

Warm friendly staff really made me feel like I was at home. The showers were lovely and hot and my bed was extremely comfortable. I will definitely be returning!

• 4th Feb 2014

This is a good guest house and resonable price.Its location was convinient to resturants ,shopping and historical sites. The room was comfortable ,clean, had plenty of hot water and free wifi 24 hours.Some noisy at night but I had no problem with it.I loved hot tea and toast for my breakfast .It was really nice. The owner ,Raj was nice and helped me with everything ,airport transportation,arranged my trip .And he also organize your trip ,trekking and all what you want.I enjoyed my stay here

We stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of our friend who loved it. The staff was very helpful, they helped us book our entire Nepal vacation which included bus fare and hotels. Everywhere we went in Nepal someone helped us because Raj at Khangsar hooked us up. They had hot water which we found was not common in Nepal. They picked us up at the airport promptly and took us to the airport at the end of our trip. There was lots of good food to eat in Thamel and we liked shopping.

the hostel is easy to find, very comfortable, the staff is very friendly, but the hot water is not so good

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Thailand

Its very good location. easy to find food and shopping and all the staff very nice. If u need more information abut ur trip juz ask them they will give u a good deal and cheap price for all ur trip.

Free pick up from the airport if you email ahead although having taken a long time to get thro the visa queue I needed to 'help out' the driver for waiting so long. helpful staff and good location for the Thamel area. wifi when the power is on.

The hostel is good, but you have to be very careful with the staff ! Like almost a LOT of Hostel in KTM, you have to negociate the price (I had 700Rs/Night). I booked a Trek to the Everest BC through the Agency of the Hotel, and I really had a very good guide (Ask for Rewati, he was very good). Price : 22$/day (you can find cheaper outside ~= 20$/day). He helped me a lot : I had the AMS, and Rewati took care of everything with my insurance and the Rescue Helicopter.

Friendly people, very good location. Nice room, with a real, real hot shower.

• 13th Dec 2013

Good location.Value for money for solo travelers. Facilities were good. Very hot shower. Friendly and helpful staff and boss Mr Rajendren was kind and offer help and provide information about Nepal Tibet and Bhutan tour as well. Free pick up at airport also provided if email earlier.

• 24th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

It is my second time in this hotel and it is very recommendable plus nice stuff and good atmosphere...they are always ready to helps you!!

Clean friendly quiet , will go back.