Khangsar Guest House Reviews

P.O. Box; 25451, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Arriving into Kathmandu, Dhana took care of me from the get go. the Location is great with cool little restaurants and a mini mart right downstairs. Was lucky enough to be given an end room with a window that had the best view I've had from a guest house. And even with the rolling kathmandu black outs the service and the helpfulness from the staff really makes you feel like you have a little hoe here in Kathmandu. I ended up staying here a week :)

• 22nd Jan 2015

I stayed in Khangsar for a week during the winter, it is clean and comfortable, with hot water at any time. Upper floors are the best ones. They have plugs working all day long in the hall, for facing the power cuts (Due to Nepal, not to them). Wifi works well in the hall and the rooftop is so nice! Prices can seem a bit high compared with Thamel, but it's a single room with a private (also if very small) toilet! Mr.Dhana is very kind and also very helpful if you want to buy services or tours.

• 19th Jan 2015

This is a very basic but clean hostel. You don't get any frills at Khangsar Guest House but you do get is a warm welcome, clean bed & a hot shower. The thing that really made it for me was the friendly staff and the hot, hot shower. It's right in the heart of Thamel, which is the main place where the tourists stay. It was a great location with plenty of great places to eat nearby & little handicraft shops if you want a gift for those at home. I would stay here again

very good value for the money. the staff is amazingly accomodating and friendly. all the visitors ive met here also feel the same. they arrange top notch trekking and travel needs. the staff will help with any need. definite recommendation.

• 10th Jan 2015

The Hotel is an amazing place to stay. Keep your incredible work going. I'll come back to see you again my friends.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Guatemala

Staying there feels like a home away from home. With great respect and warmed welcome from hotel members made me more than happy. The services was really nice with hot hot shower in cold in Nepal. Thumbs up @^@

The hotel was great and wonderful with plenty of facilities l .It was located at the center of Kathmandu which was not far from many tourist /interesting place. We did really love the staffs and the service provided. The view from the terrace made us feel like we were on the top of Kathmandu . The nice view with nice breakfast was really outstanding. We would like to thank all of the hotel members and especially the owner who really took care for us, Highly recommend.

Enjoyed my stay will be back again! Thank you for warm hospatality. Guy at reception so friendly,great location,superb hot shower. Will be back again end of my trip.

I think you can't get a better cost-benefit place to stay in Kathmadu. The rooms have everything you need: wifi, hot shower, nice bed, and are very clean. Staff is very kind and helpful all the time. Breakfast is good and a bargain compared to other places around Kathmandu. Finally, the most important is location - the hotel is right at the center of Thamel, 15min walking from Durbar Square, and 10min walking to the Palace. I've been in Khangsar twice and would definitely come back!

Great location,very cheap,The most friendly and helpful host that we met in Nepal. Manager from hotel always very helpful and tries his best to offer the best service .Totally recommended,Great breakfast. Even though the whole country was power supply issue but there is always wifi at the hotel even when the power is off how amazing.The tour that manager organized was great and we really enjoy our time in Nepal.Better yet,Dhana can customize any tour for all type of needs.

Great location middle of thamel area.The staff are very friendly and the travel information they gave me was very helpful.The room and bath room is fairly clean and have good hot shower. Restaurent on second floor serves good food on resonable price.You can even order food to your room.I like the most of this guest house was roof top terrace garden with great view of city and mountains.I will stay in this guest house again. Thank you guys for warm hospitality.

We stayed at Khangsar guest house in November 2014 and we enjoyed the place and the hotel. The stuff is always friendly and ready to help.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Khangsar is in a great location in the middle of thamel. It's down an alley so a bit quieter. The boss raj is very helpful. I would recommend the first floor rooms as better than the higher ones. We always had hot water.

Great staff,very helpful,excellent day trip.very welcoming,decent breakfast,decend location.24hrs running hotshower..we booked our trekking and jungle adventures through the hotel and we were so happy with the package we recieved.Our guide for trekking was brilliant also.loved everyminute.Top managment and will stay here again and again. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED,

• 6th Nov 2014

Khangasar was the 2nd hotel that we stayed in in Kathmandu. 1st, you should be aware that Kathmandu is a city that you get what you pay for. If you want good facilities & super clean accommodation you need to pay more. Khangasar is basic accommodation, with few facilities. The location is not bad for exploring Thamel. NOTE: Breakfast not included for hostelworld bookings. Be aware that you need a map to find the hotel the 1st time & to show ur taxi driver. There are no street addresses in Nepal

Friendly and helpful staff. Great location!

we had a fantastic stay at the guest house, the staff were extremely helpful. our room was very spacious and clean!! the manager organised a trip to chitwan for 2 nights and one night in lumbini defiantly worth the visit and all for very cheap !! the guest house is on a busy road but the rooms do not face it so there was no noise, a lovely terrace at the top to relax on if you want a quiet evening, and if your staying here ask the manager to book you taxis as they get them alot cheaper !!

• 30th Sep 2014

Dona the manager is so lovely and obliging, as are the other staff. The general store below is very convenient. Try and get an upper level room. Good value for moneg.

• 26th Aug 2014

The staff were amazing and a great resource for booking trekking, however, the facilities were lacking. It is not very clean and the power is frequently off, making it extremely hot in the summer. You are better off paying a bit more for a hotel with better backup generators. They also encourage people to leave 100% reviews and! since they are so nice, it is difficult to not oblige and to be more honest.