Khaosan Baan Thai Reviews

11/1 Samsen Soi3, Phranakorn, Bangkok 10200, Bangkok, Thailand

The staff were so nice! Very helpful when trying to book an excursion or get more info on anything. Breakfast is pretty good for a hostel (toast and egg) and the location is great if you prefer to stay away from the noise. If you like to party, this is not the hostel for you. The only reason I didn't give a perfect score is because we were on the third floor which gets VERY hot. No air conditioning so I would recommend requesting a room on the first floor.

Great staff and a good hostel. Very clean. Gets super hot in the rooms but that's expected.

• 7th May 2015

I was seeking a single room in Bangkok for the cheapest price possible, so chose Khaosan Baan Thai, staying in the Basic Single Fan Room. Unfortunately, the room was exceptionally hot (much hotter than outside in the evenings) and almost unbearable to stay in! It is the hottest time of year in Bangkok, so this was a poor choice on my part. The money I saved not paying for air con, I easily spent in coffee shops to find refuge from the heat! Nice service, great location, breakfast fine.

• 4th May 2015

Super good hostel for the money you spend. Good location, not far from the main thingamajigs to do! Very accommodating.

Nice staff, good breakfast and laundry service. Beds are a bit hard. We booked a tour which was good with the exception of the lunch which was terrible, not enough food and no traditional Thai food, just a bit of rice and vegetables

Security could be improved with a safe in rooms. Great stay for the money spent!

• 19th Apr 2015

The room was way too hot without A/C. My bed had stains on the sheets. It is an ok option, but I think you should ensure that you have A/C in Bangkok.

• 7th Apr 2015

Beautiful little hostel very close to Khaosan Road. We had a double room and it was large, clean and had two fans. The hostel has a very friendly atmosphere to it and the free sausage and eggs for breakfast was a nice treat every morning. I would certainly recommend this hostel to anywhere looking for cheap accommodation in Bangkok, it was especially well-suited for couples.

Nice and helpful staff,great atmosphere

I really liked the hostel. People were very friendly there. Sitting in the yard was very relax.

We loved it here. It was the first place we stayed in Thailand and it was perfect. Nice and close to the hustle and bustle of Khao San Rd, but far enough away that you could get plenty of quiet time. Delicious breakfast each morning served by friendly staff, who made no complaints about checking us in at 3am! Our room was nice and big, with two fans. Very basic, but great. The bathrooms were shared but tidy. There were plenty of power points in our room, and we could get wifi in our room too.

Caused to thin wilden walls you can understand Evers word oft your neighbours. The girls who run this hostel are very nice and extremely helpful. Gold breakfast.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Austria
  • Couple, 41+

The ladies were excellent hosts and made my stay excellent Hostel was very quiet and I slept really well

The location of the hostel is perfect, near to Khaosan road but this zone is quiet. Good staff, good breakfast and perfect rate. Definitely the best option to host in Bangkok.

It is a very inexpensive place to stay in Bangkok, it is not even a one star hotel, so expect very little and you won't be disappointed, yes I would stay again.

• 14th Jan 2015

Pleasantly surprised to find that my single fan bedroom had a balcony with a great view of the Rama VIII bridge! Room was clean, not too noisy but the walls were a bit too thin as I could hear people talking in normal volume. Hostel is conveniently located close enough to Khao San Road but if you have plans to go to other areas It's a bit too far from the BTS station to walk over. It's a cozy place and the staff were also very helpful!

Clean shared bathrooms, super friendly staff, 2 working computers, good security after the sun goes down (6:30pm) and quiet rooms. Breakfast is simple but I enjoyed but bring mosquito spray!!

It was a very nice stay, the hostel is very well located to visit the old town of Bangkok, you feel safe to walk from the hostel and to the hostel to anyplaces nearby even by night. Staff is very welcoming and nice even if the don't all speak english.

This is a very nice and friendly place and staff are also very friendly. But that very friendly staff was not able to stop a bunch of partying guys in the middle of the night - I had to do that myself by being not so friendly, which they understood. And I lost another two nights of sleep there because of the dog that lives in the alley. It barks for hours, nobody dows something about it. So, that was enough for us. It's a pitty though, it's such a nice hotel!

• 21st Dec 2014