Khaosan Fukuoka Annex Reviews

5-4-15 Katakasu, Hakata-kku, Fukuoka, Japan, Fukuoka City, Japan

Excellent hostel, lots of privacy in the bunks even in a 10 dorm. A free breakfast, fast wifi and beers in the vending machine - what more do you need?

This is a g.reat place to stay. Best hostel I have stayed in Japan. Staff very helpful and friendly. Dorm super clean and enough space for bulky luhgage. Ratio of showers per person also excellent. Very cosy living room. 100 % satisfaction! Hope to come back one day to Fukuoka and also to Annex!

Really nice hostel only a few minutes walk from the main train station. The rooms are very clean. There is a nice lounge, kitchen and laundry facilities. Breakfast is included and the staff are very nice and helpful.

The staff was extremely nice and the bathrooms and bedrooms were all very neat! I stayed in a dorm, which I was a little hesitant about, but it was very private and comfortable.

• 25th Nov 2014

lovely clean facilities, free breakfast and friendly staff made this hostel one of the best ones we visited in Japan! close to JR Hakata station but a long walk to main nightlife area

• 15th Oct 2014

I was staying at this hostel before and I was really pleased, since you get a good location and good facilities for a really good price. But this time I got a private twin room, that was really disgusting. The walls were sticky (if you leaned to the wall, the clothes really stuck to it) and there was hair sticking everywhere on those walls. It was really unpleasant to sleep in that room. As I said, I was staying there before and had a fine stay, but I won't be staying there again.

• 14th Sep 2014

Directions to get to the hostel were a bit confusing. The staff were wonderful and very helpful!

Easy location to walk to train station. Basic breakfast of toast and coffee. Bottom bunk is a mat on the floor but this quite common for Japan.

I absolutely recommend this hostel!

Really great service, I really enjoyed my stay.

• 25th Jul 2014

Good hostel, clean, new, 10 mins walk from jr staton.

About ten minutes to walk from Hakata station. The area the hostel in doesn't have too much restaurant/nightlife wise going on around it so a walk back towards the station is required most of the time. Hostel has good facilities with a nice lounge area and kitchen. The beds in the dorm were almost capsule style, with your own space and a privacy curtain, power points and a light. Not too much atmosphere around the hostel, might have just been the night I was staying though.

Good location , not far away from Hakata station Nice staff , clean room

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

It was very bad rainy day where I arrived in Hakata and the hostel was bit too long to walk with hevy ruggage but when I arrived there Thai ferrow greeted and he was very present, after resistered and I went to my bed, it was very nice and private (bit bigger than capsell hotel and very clean. If I'll be able to have chance to visit at Hakata I would like to stay over there. Price is good for money.

My gosh this place is awesome! The capsules are big enough to move around in, there's are conditioning and automatic lights. Our taxi driver had trouble finding the place (try to find it on your own instead!) it was raining and we were lost, all of a sudden, out pops the hostel worker with an umbrella! He walked us over to the hostel, so sweet! I love love love this hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014