Khaosan Fukuoka Annex Reviews

5-4-15 Katakasu, Hakata-kku, Fukuoka, Japan, Fukuoka City, Japan

I liked the dorm room and having a toilet right there. The restaurant at the bottom was nice since there weren't many restaurants nearby

Good location, close to station and lots of food places. Room was quite small but was OK, although it smelt a little weird in one corner. We stayed for a week and it would have been nice if the room was cleaned/linen was changed at least once. Other than that, it was fine, and a good price for a room with private bathroom.

Great staff, great hostel, Izakaya downstairs has delicious food, will definitely stay here should I return to Hakata.

We stayed at the annex facing the big street, and just like others before us have warned, it was VERY loud. In hindsight we could've asked to switch rooms and that might've fixed the problem. The room was clean and the staff is awesome—they're friendly, helpful, and fun to talk to, so we had a comfortable stay overall.

• 10th Mar 2014

Very close to Hakata station by around 10 mins walk! Dorm is spacious n very clean! Worth to stay!

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

It was really lovely and would love to come back to stay longer than that. well done and just keep it up.

• 16th Jan 2014

Generally nice and clean, with friendly, helpful staff. The lounge area isn't super comfortable and makes socializing a bit difficult. Fairly close to the station.

The staff was great! The hostel is close to the station, so I was really happy that I can easily travel everywhere in a shorter amount of time.

Nice hostel, well located (close to the station) and rather traditionnal. I loved my bed really much, and the bathroom was really clean, which is the most important for me ! Thank you !

Would definitely recommend this hostel. Perfect hostel, great security, friendly staff and very sociable at aKhaosan Bar Sakura!!

Great that they provide kitchen facilities to have our snack/meal. Bathroom light in shower area kept going out very quickly, so had to keep stepping out to trigger the sensor

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

More like a hotel than a hostel, but handy for getting to/from the airport

Dorms were good, reminded me of a deluxe vesion of the capsule hotels (in contrast to the normal bunk-beds). Close to the station, but make sure you go to the ANNEX (there are two buildings). WiFi in the common area and in the rooms, so that's a plus. Overall I had a pleasant stay.

I had very enjoyable stayed, the the staff was very nice, room was cleaned and very quite and very accessible..absolutely recommended..

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

At breakfast, a jar next to the margarine was sinnamon-flavoured persimmon preserve. I really enjoyed it.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Japan

Nice hostel and staff. Although it is close to the train station, it takes time to reach the center and the main park. If you fancy walking no problem, I do not like to use transports in medium size cities. The dormitory was fine, do jot understand why people still ke windows closed... The fresh air - above all in a 8 male dormitory - is extremely important. But i do not blame the staff

Very comfortable, clean and well run. Not the best location. Common areas small and uninviting. Bar is ok. Recommended.

View all Fukuoka City Hostels