Khaosan Kyoto Theater Reviews

346 Iseyacho Rokkaku-sagaru Gokomachi-dori Nakagyo, Kyoto, Japan

I absolutely loved this place, the staff, the atmosphere were all amazing. The best time I've had in a hostel. The rooms feature pretty spacious pod style beds each with a personal locker (which was big enough to fit my giant traveling rucksack) showers were clean and the downstairs bar was a great place to meet people. Not the cheapest acomidation but well worth the little extra you pay.

I thought the staff had exceptional English and was very helpful at times of need. Great place and great location.

• 16th Jan 2015

Staff are nice, the room also great. Its a good place for backpacker to stay. However its a litter bit noisy when the top floor having gathering or party in late night.... Overall its good and I would like to recommend to my friends.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

As with other Khaosan hostels, this had a lovely location and very helpful staff. Particularly as a solo traveler, I would highly recommend this hostel and its staff for all the advice, maps, recommendations, and overall helpfulness you will receive.

Great place to stay in a great location in Kyoto. The dorm rooms were really good and offered a lot of privacy as well

Probably the best hostel I have stayed at. Very clean and very comfortable beds. It is a bit of a walk from the metro station however.

The staff are awesome! Really cheerful, friendly and are willing to help you with anything! The mixed room is big and the beds were good and more private than other hostels. Conveniently located near bus stops and train stations. Bar in the basement had a nice vibe to it and good for mingling with fellow travelers. Will definitely stay here again if I ever back in Kyoto!

• 12th Jan 2015

Amazing hostel, helpful staff and great communal areas. The location is perfect for tourists and the rooms were comfortable. It also attracts a really nice crowd

• 10th Jan 2015

Room was very spacious.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

What a wonderful place to stay! Would definitely recommend! Bar downstairs is tiny but fun, and location is fantastic for browsing around. Buses are easy to access and can take you almost anywhere! Staff are super friendly. Really great place to stay, thank you very much to everyone!

• 9th Jan 2015

Great stay, really close to access all the major sights and transport

This hostel is awesome! Staff are all friendlly, atmosphere is very nice! Each bed has a big locker, or you can keep your laggage in the reception so security level is high I guess.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Japan

Best hostel I have ever stayed at! Very clean, good bathrooms and showers, very nice room - eventhough there were 14 people in the room, you have your own privacy! Location is very close to Nishiki Market, walking distance to Gion and Kyomizu-dera and close to main bus lines.

If you are a Female you must stay here, this is the best hostel so far!!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The surrounding area is really nice, there is a great nearby club, shopping, and the geisha area is a short walk away.

• 26th Dec 2014

Loved this hostel. The location is fantastic, super close to everything you need while visiting Kyoto. Each bunk bed is like a capsule with a light, power point and hanger which can be made completely private with a closed curtain. The kitchen upstairs is big and well equipped if needed. Free tea and coffee all the time. The laundry room is well priced with free washing detergent. Staff are somewhat helpful, but there are flyers for sightseeing and eating which are very handy.

I love this hostel so much!!!!! The room is cute and I slept pretty well the nights I stayed in here. The staff here are awesome,always friendly and one of them recommended us to go to some good restaurants he knows. Thank you Konitan~ Can't tell how much I love here!

It's an amazing hostel. very clean. and staffs are friendly there. It's near main tourist attractions and shopping streets. not far from Kyoto station. Everything was perfect. I guess I will stay with them next time when I am going to Kyoto again. Thanks. BTW, they had a small concert on Christmas and I had a grear time there.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • China

Fantastic spot in the heart of Kyoto where all of the action is! Very clean, great facilities, great helpful staff - all in all a great hostel.

I had a great stay at Khaosan Kyoto Theater! The location was perfect, access to multiple train stations but I chose to walk everywhere :) Great staff, clean facilities and welcoming atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this to any of my friends.

• 19th Dec 2014