Khaosan Kyoto Theater Reviews

346 Iseyacho Rokkaku-sagaru Gokomachi-dori Nakagyo, Kyoto, Japan

The most informative and friendly staff I have ever experienced at a hostel. That's what sets this plave apart. I couldn't find a question they couldn't answer. This place is absolutely fantastic and a great value for the money. Social yet private (thanks to the sleeping cubbies) great location, clean and well kept, and a fantiastic staff. A Khaosan has never failed me and the same is true at Kyoto Theatre.

super place in Kyoto, super area, staff is pretty cool and smiling.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Amazing staff and atmosphere! Highly recommended. Very welcoming and homely feel.

• 20th Feb 2015

Just stayed there, great hostel!! Easy to get to know others because they have a bar and a dining room. Staff are really friendly and wants to get to know you and are excited:) I loved that it was so close to the food and shop market! Great stay thx guys. Alex from norway.

Great atmosphere great location! Really helpful with information on places to visit and eat!

I stayed in two rooms, firstly the 7 bed then the 14, if you have the extra money I'd stay in the smaller room as the beds are bigger and comfier, plus you get a nice bathroom in your room. However, the hostel is SO GREAT, so clean, the bathrooms are pretty much the nicest bathrooms I've stayed in in any hostel. The location is fabulous and it is a really nice and sociable place. The hostel does have a bar, which is a great concept, but no one really seems to use it.

One of the best hostels we've stayed at, would come back in a heart beat and recommend to all my friends. location is unbeatable, staff were entertaining, facilities were clean and easy to use although Wi-Fi is not the best in bedrooms, clean and comfy beds. fifth floor was always fun so make yourself known and head to the top floor. N+L

One of the best hostels I've stayed in ever, (and I've done many throughout Asia). For one simple and strange reason; maps. You can find everything to see and do in Kyoto, (of which there is a hell of a lot) and when it comes to directions, how to get there and the local knowledge, they are incredible. From temples and shrines, to bus routes, subways and even individual meals at certain select places, Khaosan have you covered. The only downside is the internet can be very weak at times.

I really liked this hostel. It was probably one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at. I was also lucky enough to be in a room without bunk beds. Also this was not a party hostel, which is what I wanted. They also made sure to emphasize quiet hours so people can sleep, which is DEFINITELY what I wanted. One of the nights I stayed, they hosted a free hot pot party with a Japanese dancer. Very cool!

• 8th Feb 2015

I rarely give 100% ratings, but these guys deserve it. Professional, kind, courteous, helpful, cheerful... the staff are awesome. Packed, even in the winter, remember to book in advance! It's very clean, even the 14-person dorms feel like private rooms because of the 'capsule' design.. Right in the middle of everything, the center of Kyoto is both very Japanese and very International.. so you'll find whatever you're looking for! I fell in love with Kyoto on Day 1 and the hostel was part of that!

Just great. Personnel really helpfull and friendly.nice beds. Perfectly located and nice bar downstairs ! I would come back for sure !

Staff were lovely and helpful. good location

Excellent place to meet new people due to the layout of the rooms and very clean. The only Con and it isn't a major issue- The bar down stairs (when I was there) was good but was always empty, everyone was socialising up in the kitchen or laundry room. This was purely to do with the drinks being too expensive in the bar and having a vending machine (beers for 300Y) up top by the kitchen.

I love this hostel. Kimono room is wonderful. Looks very traditional. Good location. Staff was very kind and introduced a nice restaurant. I enjoyed dinner with my friends. Thanks.

Best hostel staff ever! Thank u guys!

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Spain

The best hostel I have stayed in in the whole of Japan, never mind Kyoto!! Great facilities. Great Staff. Amazing atmosphere! Bar in the basement! This hostel goes above and beyond not only to make their guests feel welcome and helping out, but also to keep you entertained!! Absolutely nothing negative to say.

It probably has the best location in town. Super clean, the staff is really friendly, and there is a bar in the basement- a BAR! Every hostel should have one. :))))

excellent stay, the best hostel I stayed in throughout my time in Japan.

The staff were super helpful and willing to assist in finding attractions so I could maximize my Kyoto experience. They also made sure I was in a room where I'd meet people and feel comfortable. Beds (pods) were spacious, huge lockers, and fantastic location, even if it's a bus from the central train station. Clean, safe, etc. Would recommend to anyone.

the kimono rooms were very cool, and there was a lot of room in each bed space with good privacy. waking up late or early was no problem. the bar was small downstairs but cosy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7