Khaosan Kyoto Theater Reviews

346 Iseyacho Rokkaku-sagaru Gokomachi-dori Nakagyo, Kyoto, Japan

Very cool hostel, the Kimono beds are amazing, and the location is perfect :) xx

• 13th Oct 2014

Id stay here again

Really liked the kimoni beds: spacious, much room to stuff your things and above all very nice design. Room didn't smell fresh all the time due to broken window that you could not open. We slepped in the female dorm, but other friends stayed in the mixed dorm and the air was much better there. The hostel is situated in a nice environment, but not so easy to find the first time. Modern and clean bathroom. Nice place to stay.

The dorms are like little pods. Tons of privacy and much better then typically bunk beds.

• 5th Oct 2014

The place is great. On the other hand, I didn't like the capsules like rooms. During winter or fall, I bet is is really nice. During the rest of the year it is equivalent to a sauna. On one hand you don't die of the smells of others... though you might suffocate from the capsules.

My stay in this hostel was perfect. I loved the bedrooms, even in a dormitory, you have your privacy! Everything was clean, the staff was really kind. The only "bad" thing is about the wifi which was not working really well.

Good location, beds and showers are nice. Staff is really friendly and helpful.

I've stated in a lot of hostels and was very impressed with this one. Perfect location near gion, shopping and really accessible to get to all the main sights. The staff were super helpful and had little print out directions to get everywhere and recommendations for where to eat. The biggest cons was that the beds are more like futons and not very comfortable and we couldn't control the lights in our dorm (which I though was really weird). Over all I really enjoyed my stay!

Loved it!!!! You have to stay here if you are coming to kyoto. So comfy, cheap, perfect location and the capsule beds are awesome

Hostel was fantastic. With the awesome capsule like beds, I had more privacy than ever before in a dorm. Everything was spotless and new. Hostel provided Q-tips, bobby pins, hair bands, soap and shampoo. Staff was knowledgable and provided every map and information needed. My only suggestion is to make the bar area seem more like a bar rather than the basement of someone's house. I would recommend this hostel to anyone !

• 28th Sep 2014

Fantastic place, the bar always had a few great people to chat to, and if not, the barman was awesome. Its in a fantastic location - right near the centre, but the area is a warren and can be difficult to navigate. It can get difficult to find the place, especially if you've had a few... Fortunately the locals will go to great lengths to lead you home.

Good location, friendly staff, a nice bar downstairs... What else could you want? The "pod" beds are really great, slept like a baby. The only bad thing is that the wifi is a little spotty and it was hard to get in in my room. Every other thing was excellent!

Thank you for your review!! We will try to make the wifi better! Hope you will be back here soon!

This was one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed in. The location is ideal, the staff were always cheerful and helpful, the kimono pods were great and the bar in the basement was an awesome place to hang out with fellow travellers. The only downside, as mentioned in other reviews, was the very patchy and unreliable wifi, but Khaosan Theater is definitely a hostel I would return to if I ever visit Kyoto again.

Great location, fun staff, good stream of people coming in and amazing atmosphere to start a night out at the Hostel Bar downstairs :) Common areas have useful facilities, and the rooms, which are capsule hotel style, give you a fair amount of privacy - although note that even so, a 10 person room can get crowded. Other than that, a perfect base to stay in Kyoto on a budget! Would definitely stay here again when I come back.

Very good location. Friendly and helpful staff speaks fluent english. Clean beds and facilities. And a good bar in the basement to hangout with other travelers. Will definitely come back the next time I'm in Kyoto. Only complaint is that the bunk gets a bit hot and stuffy, the air vent does nothing. Had to leave the curtain opened a bit to let some airflow in.

Thank you very much for your stay. Sorry for the air ventilation, however we have AC in your room and need to ask our guest to control the temperature. We hope you coming back here soon!

Great place. The staff were great receiving my bag before I arrived as the airline had lost it on the way to Japan! Was only there for one night. Beds we're comfy, no lockers though - ion if there were I wasn't shown where they were! Shower facilities very nice and location is great :)

Had a great experience, will definitely stay at the Khaosan again!

• 21st Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your stay! We enjoyed the time that we chat with you too! Please come back and stay as soon as possible!

Everything was just great. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at

Thank you for your best comment ever!! We all waiting you to be back!!!

Good Hostel, but no wifi in the room!

Thank you for your review. It maybe weaker in the room compare with common area but the wifi is still there.

Thank you to the staff at Khaosan Kyoto! The staff were super friendly, the beds were extremely comfortable and I am in real love with the kimono pods in the mixed dorm; private, well-appointed and just gorgeous. The building was spotless. I would have liked better access to Wi-Fi (It was almost impossible to get onto from anywhere in the building) and appreciated a locker (a secure drawer is provided in the pod, but no locker for your pack) but I really can't fault this hostel at all.

• 15th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your stay! We are very happy that you liked here! We will try to make the wifi better too! Thank you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7