Khaosan Kyoto Theater Reviews

346 Iseyacho Rokkaku-sagaru Gokomachi-dori Nakagyo, Kyoto, Japan

This hostel was very awesome, one of the cleanest and best facilities that I have ever stayed at. The staff was also helpful and had lots of maps and recommendations ready to go for food. I loved that the beds had their own curtains and private cubes, the Japanese toilets were amazing, and the bathrooms were well stocked with toiletries. Also, there's a bar in the basement and a kitchen area where people socialize. I would definitely recommend staying here if you want a clean facility.

I super enjoy my days there, walking distance from Gion Station wich connects with several train lines... Security more than excellent, The facilities where amazing, one of the best Hostals I have ever stay!!!!

Highly recommended

Little bit of a walk from stations but easy to find with map provided. Can't rate the staff higher- they were incredibly friendly and helpful. Really helped us to make the most of our time there. Atmosphere was quiet and cool, loved the curtain dorm beds the most. Best stay ever- loved it!

wonderful experience!! totally in the middle of the most cool area of kyoto, close to a big bus terminal with almost all bus lines and stations on four different train/metro lines, which makes it possible to go to many major sightseeing spots directly. loved the friendly staff (they know everything, good sense of humor, great english!!) and super clean bathrooms!!! capsule beds were bigger than expected and comfy to have my own room-bed :) funny bartenders every night at their bar is a big plus!

• 6th Jul 2014

Capsule-style dorm rooms. No complaints.

• 4th Jul 2014

Great location and security (everyone gets a locker, which I love), very cool and modern building design, nice kitchen with free green tea and coffee in which I made many friends...Highly recommended! There were 2 bad parts though: first, every time I've stayed here, I wake up with bug bites. Not like bed bug bites but spiders or something. Secondly, the internet was really bad. When I asked about it, they said the signal was strongest in the lobby, so I had to sit there if I wanted to google.

• 1st Jul 2014

This is an amazing place. The staff is very helpful, friendly and will answer to all your question with a big smile!! Moreover they speak a really good english which is not common in Japan. I definitely recommend that place! The only negative point: I'm not a big fan of those "box bed" in the mix dorm room.

I'm well travelled and this is the best hostel I've stayed in. It's a great deal for the price if you don't mind sleeping in stacked capsule-type boxes (the 14 bed dorms). Atmosphere is great and it's easy to meet people upstairs on the patio, chill room or kitchen. Location is central so it's easy to get to most sites (except the Gold Pavillion). The staff are nice and helpful. The one complaint I have is that they try to push the downstairs bar too much - if we say no please respect that.

I recomend 100% the hostel, very good location, good atmosphere and clean!

Wow best hostel I've stayed in anywhere. Everything feels new. The facilities are great I stayed in the 8bed female dorm with the japanese fabric bunks. They where so cozy! And gave great privacy. The en-suit was great too they even gave little touches such to provide complimentary elastic hair bands, bobby pins and cotton buds. Very clean. Would and have recommended this hostel. Plus the wifi worked wonders too. :)

Nice location near transport shops and restautants. Easy access to tourist sites

Is the best hostel than I stayed on my life!

The location is RAD! Good vibes for making friends too :)

• 28th Jun 2014

Loved our stay here, staff are great and extremely helpful. Wifi can be temperamental but the staff do their best to fix it. Definitely recommend!

Nice place. I totally loved the design of the rooms with the beds like small cubes - all hostels should be designed like this instead of bunk beds! The area is awesome - close to some nice arcades and walking distance to lot of cultural spots.

The location is fantastic if you are sightseeing in Kyoto. I would highly recommend it for the price and location. Also, the toilets are really cleaned, they really do make an effort to keep it clean daily. As for the "capsule" beds, I think its rather comfortable and not so affected by the sounds around you.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Location was good, but not particularly convenient from the JR station. The staff were very friendly, but tended to stick to work and not interact with the customers too much. Overall, fairly Western and fairly social, so a good place to meet other travelers in Kyoto.

One of the best hostels Ive been to. Really nice stuff, comfortable beds with courtains which provide a lot of privacy. Nice rooftop area + bar. Def. would stay again

We so happy to stay in Khaosan theater Kyoto because the staff is very friendly and very helpful. Location so easy to find.

• 22nd Jun 2014