Khaosan Kyoto Theater Reviews

346 Iseyacho Rokkaku-sagaru Gokomachi-dori Nakagyo, Kyoto, Japan

Good: This is more or less a capsule-hotel instead of a standard bunk-bed hostel. It is well-located for a hostel, right next to busy shopping mall. Staff is awesome. Very fun, active bar. 'Kimono' beds are cute and innovative, but ventilation was poor in the summer, despite the room AC. Recommend mgmt install small fans in them. Doors to rooms are not self-locking and residents tend to leave them unlocked. Recommend you keep valuables in the locker drawers.

• 10th Sep 2014

The location is excellent, but you stay in this hostel for the beds, they are amazing, a mix between a capsul and the fortress you build when you were 12.

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in. I stayed in the kimono-bed dorm room. It felt very private, and all the other guests were quiet at night time. The bathroom had hair-bands and cotton buds provided which was so nice! I went to the bar downstairs and met lots of cool people there! Great kitchen and bar atmospheres! I also watched a movie in the theatre room. Brilliant hostel, great location, you should stay here!

very polite staff and clean rooms. Great bar downstairs with one of the best japanese waiter I´ve met :)..

I really hate to say it but... Bed bugs. Everything else at this hostel was basically perfect. Good location, fun bar, very nice staff, and otherwise very clean. But I woke up itching all over after the second night, replaced the mattress the third night and was fine, and spotted the bed bugs again the fourth night and finally moved beds. I asked for at least a partial refund afterward and was denied :(

• 28th Aug 2014

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for your experience. We regularly having extirpation for bugs. So that it was very hard to believe there is one. Also the reason that we could not refund is basically we never sure who`s fault is that. It has to be someone brought from other location to us. We are checking after your check out and there is nothing happens so no worries for the next time :)

Very good location and super friendly staff!

Very good service with knowledge about the city and places to visit. Great staff as well.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Great place to stay. Washroom and shower area was very spacious, they provide extra amenities as well free of charge. Bar downstairs was a good environment as well. Located on a quieter street in an otherwise busy and interesting part of Kyoto.

The location is simply superb. I can just walk and take a bus to any popular spot. The facilities are modern and basically clean. There's a bar in the basement. It's ideal for those who want to make friends, but might be a bit noisy for who just need a quiet stay.

My time in Khaosan Kyoto Theater was great. The staff is really friendly and super helpful, they really know about Kyoto. The hostel has an excellent location, close to coffee shops, bars, restaurants and a metro station a few blocks away. Next time I visit Kyoto I will definitely stay here. The best hostel I stayed in my trip in Japan. Thanks.

We stayed there for 2 nights and we really loved it. Our room was 8 Bed Female Dorm, but the privacy was good. Cleanliness and facilities were wonderful. We were really happy with the hostel!! If I came back to Kyoto again, I would definitely stay at this hostel again.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

Thank you very much for your feedback! We all hope you to come back here Khaosan Kyoto Theater as soon as possible! See you soon!

Khaosan Kyoto Theater is honestly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It has an intangible energy that puts everyone in a good mood, creates conversation, new friends, goooood memories. Staff is extremely helpful & friendly (The manager is a TRUE explorer, one of the coolest people you'll meet in all of Japan). Rooms were clean and comfortable. Don't know what else you could ask for. I'll definitely stay at the Theater again and recommend all of my friends/family to stay there when in Kyoto.

• 18th Aug 2014

Very well!! That's what I expect from a hostel in the center of a big city. They are in the middle of the bussy Kyoto, shopping, food market, temples and Geisha's area next to. They have a nice terrace and a quiet kitchen. The only thing is that they know very well the city, but they aren't prepared to recommend or guide you out of Kyoto city, this is the only but, although they are really helpful. Thanks!!

Situated in central Kyoto, this hostel is a good starting-point for sightseeing. And if you had it with temples and shrines, nearby Teramachi- and Nishikistreet present nice alternatives to that. The staff is super friendly and helps you on every turn. The hostel provides enough room to stretch your legs and even has a small bar down in the basement, to meet fellow travelers.

Great hostel! Everything was very clean, the bar was nice to hang out in, the rooftop was great to spend time when you were doing your washing, and the kimono capsule beds were very comfortable and very cool!

This hostel is very nice. It is located near shopping streets, public transport and beautiful temples.

• 6th Aug 2014

Thank you for your staying with us! Hope you enjoyed Kyoto and made lots of memories!! Please come back to Kyoto in another season! Different aspects of Kyoto are waiting for you! Arigato!!

One of the best hostels that I have stayed in. Location, staff and facilities are excellent! Strongly recommend staying here if you plan to visit Kyoto.

Thank you very much for your stay and fantastic comments!! We all hoping you to coming back here!! Thank you!

It 's a very good hotel!!!

Thank you very much for feedback! Very nice to see you! I had much fun to talk with you. When I come to Taiwan, I will contact you! When you visit Kyoto again, please come back here! See you next time! 謝謝!

Amazing hostel! I recommend it if you are going to Kyoto.

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are so happy you like our hostel! We are looking forward to welcoming you again in near future! Arigato!!

Fantastic hostel, with a nice sociable bar and rooftop. The staff were very friendly and helpful whenever I had questions. Highly recommended. (Single female traveller, 22)

Thank you for your staying with us!! Hope you enjoyed Kyoto and had great memories at our hostel! Hope you come back to Kyoto in another season so that you can enjoy different aspect of this city! See you next time! Arigato!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7