Khaosan Kyoto Theater Reviews

346 Iseyacho Rokkaku-sagaru Gokomachi-dori Nakagyo, Kyoto, Japan

Very friendly atmosphere and easy to meet people to go sightseeing with. I would deffinately go back there if I return to kyoto.

• 3rd Feb 2016

Khaosan Kyoto Theater was a great place to stay! I wish I was able to spend more time in Kyoto just to stay in this hostel :D. The absolute best in this hostel was the always smiling staff and location. I got the feeling that the staff really enjoyed serving the customers which is one of the most important things when it comes to customer service. Common areas were great too. If you need to find something bad, let's say that safe lockers were somewhat annoying to use. Thanks, I enjoyed my stay!

This hostel was wonderful! Relatively easy to access from Kyoto Station and close to so many food and shopping options! The hostel itself was clean, safe, and comfortable. As a woman traveling solo, I was a little nervous about staying in a dorm, but the beds offered a lot of privacy and the (free) security lockers were HUGE! The other guests at the hostel were all nice, but there wasn't an overly social atmosphere in my experience. I'd definitely stay here again!

Excellent location if your purpose in life is eat and shop! Pretty much everything is walking distance. The staff are English friendly, and incredibly helpful; whether it's asking about attractions, renting bicycle, or even booking your next stay elsewhere, they are eager to assist in any possible way. I'm not a big drinker, but there's an in-house bar. Laundry facilities and even a place to sundry your clothes. The best part is: each bed has a coffin sized storage compartment, padlock included!

The facilities and the location of the hostel is great. It is so clean and thenstaff are so so helpful. Climbing onto the top bunk can be hazardous so id recommend they put anti slip things on the step. The easiest way to get to the hostel is to leave from.exit 10. When ur looking at teramachi walk up the street that runs parallel (to the left) and the hostel is on this street about 5 mins up. Enjoy!!

I really enjoyed my stay! Great location, very helpful staff and the hostel bar is great for meeting people.

The highlight of this hostel has to be the bar/lounge right downstairs. It offered a place to meet other travellers and grab a quick & cheap drink. They also offer social events at this and another Khaosan location for guests.The staff were very friendly and recommended some great places to eat. The standard dorm room has a capsule like layout which provides sufficient privacy but also makes it very easy to talk to the people around you if you wish to do so. The beds were very spacious.

Fantastic Hostel. Best part was the super knowledgeable and helpful staff and the plentiful information available about Kyoto and surrounds on every sort of topic. We were able to walk to every bar and restaurant we wanted to and Gion is just across the river. Comfy bed, big locker, super clean, large communal spaces. Was very pleased with our stay.

• 17th Jan 2016

Going there for the staff alone is worth it, they are absolutely excellent. Helpful, fun to talk to and all-round great people! Plus you get a lot of space for your money!

Incredible staff that really goes out of their way to help you and make you feel welcome. One of the receptionists also talked a little Swedish, which was nice to hear☺Only negative was that the hot water didn't work properly, but the staff outweighed that easily!

Absolutely no complaints with this hostel. Really clean and great facilities. The staff were always cheerful and ready to help with any questions. Solid 10/10 hostel

• 14th Jan 2016

Everyone was lovely and the place has a really nice atmosphere. They helped me out with directions to places and gave me recommendations and even let me stay and hang out in the kitchen after I checked out because I was getting a late bus. Thanks very much! X

• 14th Jan 2016

A very nice, clean and well-located hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. A cosy basement bar not be missed.

Although the hostel has a great location and nice facilities, the real reason to pick this hostel is the staff. They were so helpful and social. They have maps for literally everything: what bus to take to what temple, and even how to get to halal or vegan restaurants if that is what you need. The beds were quite nice, the only thing I wasn't too keen on was the atmosphere. I met some people, but it was very hard to socialise. There is a kitchen and another room but no living room.

This was a great hostel! We loved the bed set up with the comfortable capsules and the staff recommendations were really use full and lovely to have.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. You will not be disappointed. Staff went above and beyond and learnt my name on the first day. Location is great. Beds are comfortable. Lockers are big. :)

• 3rd Jan 2016

스태프 친절하고 모르는거 있으면 잘 알려줍니다. 위치도 좋고요

Fantastic hostel. Great staff, great location, really cool enclosures around all the beds so you get your own space. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

Really loved my time there. And, the front desk staff was very helpful with my travel plans every day. You all do a great job! Thank you for making my visit to Kyoto even better.

• 29th Dec 2015