Khaosan Kyoto Theater Reviews

346 Iseyacho Rokkaku-sagaru Gokomachi-dori Nakagyo, Kyoto, Japan

Clean, great location, good price, very friendly and helpful staff

• 21st Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Awesome capsule hostel!

It was fantastic stay. Very good location, good price, nice and helpful staff.

We stayed in the Deluxe Female Dorm Ensuite. The property was easy to find and it's location is very convenient. It is near the shopping streets and the Nishiki Market, as well as the major bus stations and the subway lines. Due to the housekeeping several times a day the facility is very clean. The was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay :)

I stayed at Khaosan before and I was having rather high expectations but I was left rather disappointed Pros: Central location - located near gion, teramachi/gokomachi and daimaru/takashimaya etc, uber friendly staff, nice gathering spot on level 5, comfortable bed Cons: toilet came close to smelling a bit like a public loo, common 'clothes rack' by the door smelled so bad - body odour + damp clothes, managed to change room, capsule style took a bit getting used to (kept knocking my head)

a perfect medium size hostel, management and facilities are world class.

Great hostel, good location. Staff is really friendly !! Facilities are perfect. On the top floor is a nice kitchen with free coffee/tea. The only thing that I didnt like was the top bed. It was quite hard to get in and out, especially because people put drinks and food on the bedstairs. It might be a good idea to put a sign there to remind people its dangerous to do that.

I really liked the atmosphere and location of the hostel. my mattress was really bad, foam mattress but it was so soft it felt like I was sleeping directly on the wood. Other mattresses in the dorm were different though so maybe I was just unlucky. I really liked the shoe boxes, but the lockers were kinda weird. Long and small, under the bed, everything fits but you have to take everything out all the tIme to get the thing you need and then lie on the ground to reach it.

Great place because it isn't crazy big so you're definutely bound to hang out with other people from the hostel. It's also a walk away from a lot of really awesome places.

I left my phone (gasp!) on my bed and they returned it to my friend who was staying after I did. Very helpful staff and they are fluent English speakers. Complete facilities and very clean toilet and bathrooms. Love the view at the rooftop!

• Philippines

I loved staying at this hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The entire lobby was full of restaurant and entertainment recommendations. They even rented towels and sold essentials like razors! Everything was extremely clean and easy to find/use. I stayed in the Deluxe Female Dorm and it was fantastic! I loved the bed - it was like a private fort. It was exactly what I needed after a long day of exploring Kyoto. If I am ever in Kyoto again, I will definitely be staying here!!

• 12th Mar 2015

Very friendly staff welcomed us. They took us for Friday running (Khaosan Night Run) and for a good ramen restaurant.

• Japan

Close to the shopping street! Helpful, friendly, cute :) staff! Clean and modern facilities! Great value! Highly recommended.

Nicest beds I've ever seen in hostel dorm, lots of privacy. The hostel also provides little tear-off subway instructions for many landmarks around the city which was very useful.

Really liked this hostel-spacious rooms, good kitchen facilities and really good location close to a main station and lots of cafe shops and restaurants. Lots of helpful information up to help you plan your time in Kyoto such as bus maps etc and the staff made great recommendations for dinner!

• 10th Mar 2015

Fantastic hostel - above and beyond what a usual hostel delivers. It's clean, the bathrooms and showers feel more like a hotel standard (though shared of course). The beds are capsule-esque, offering a nice private space in a shared room. The beds are also built very solidy built - when someone else turns over they don't wobble or creak like crazy. Overall, a great place :)

• 9th Mar 2015

Awesome place. Staff went out of their way to help us with what we needed. Rooms are large and the cube bunks make it feel private. Large kitchen and fun bar in the basement with good drinks and a great place to meet people! Bathrooms and common areas were always spotless. I would stay again!

I had a good stay there.the staffs were so nice and friendly.and the facilities was really satisfying.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Would highly recommended and would stay here again. Staff are so friendly and happy to help, the facilities and layout of the hostel are great and the location makes it so easy to get wherever you want to go! My favourite hostel during my trip to Japan.

This hostel is in a very convenient location in downtown Kyoto, which makes accessing all the sites (and returning from them) very easy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7