Khaosan Kyoto Theater Reviews

346 Iseyacho Rokkaku-sagaru Gokomachi-dori Nakagyo, Kyoto, Japan

Fantastic spot in the heart of Kyoto where all of the action is! Very clean, great facilities, great helpful staff - all in all a great hostel.

I also hesitate to give such a good review because prices may go up if becomes more well known, but nicest hostel I've ever stayed at.

• 14th Dec 2014

Really great hostel, the receptionist helped me with a lot of stuff. The location is great for sightseeing and shopping.

I'll be staying here again for sure. The hostel is barely a year old and is taken care of very well. I loved the female only dorm. It was more of a capsule style instead of bunks so you have privacy. This was my first solo trip and this place was perfect for it.

• 6th Dec 2014

I loved everything there is to Khaosan Kyoto Theatre, among the 4 different places I stayed during my trip to Japan, I can testify that this place offers the best of everything. Location : Just 5 minutes walk away from the transport hub of Shijo Kawaramachi. Extremely convenient to catch transport to all the local attractions. Staff: All of them are absolutely lovely, fun, kind, vibrant, helpful... and the list goes on. I miss them already! Rooms: 12 person mixed dorm, CLEAN & CUTE!

I like this hostel because I feel you are more likely to make friends here. The small kitchen/living room with only one dining table makes people sit together and talk to others. The staff was very helpful especially Yukiko. She was probably busy at the time but she was more than happy to call a restaurant to ask questions and make a reservation for me.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback :) Also thank you for your comment for Yukiko, and it makes us proud for our staff. Hopefully we see you again soon!

I loved it! I really recommend Khaosan Kyoto Theater. :D

Thank you very much for your feedback. We`re more than happy that you loved our hostel! Come back soon please :D

Great hostel, best location in Kyoto, really close to subway, 15-20 min from Kyoto station, bus stops to all the temples. Lots of shops and restaurants around. Theater has a great atmosphere, always something going on! Good theme nights and bar downstairs is great for meeting ppl. Rooms are clean, beds have curtains for privacy, only bad thing is that the wifi in the rooms fails most of the time. Though i would highly recommend this hostel if your in Kyoto, when im back in Japan will stay here!

Thank you very much for your feedback. We`re looking forward to see you soon :)

I cannot praise this hostel enough! Everything about it was excellent, particularly the staff who are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The best dorm bed I've ever stayed in, the arrangement of the sleeping pods makes them very private and quite. The bar is great, fantastic atmosphere, I have been back here in the evenings to socialise, even after checking out. The only downside for me was that I could only book one night here. Five stars!

Best hostel i've ever stayed in! Super close to all the buses for the sights. The rooms had bunks that were quiet and private. The facilities were incredibly clean and well designed, from the kitchen and bathrooms to the rooftop patio. Not only did the hostel have a bar but there are events every night if you wish to participate which is great for solo travellers. Absolutely recommend, will be staying here next time i'm in Kyoto.

This hostel has some pretty awesome beds. I stayed in a 10-bed deluxe dorm, and had a great night's sleep in one of the "kimono capsules". Having a lockable drawer and multiple outlets within reach was also a nice convenience. The Wi-Fi in the room was pretty weak, so maybe that's one thing that can be improved in the future.

Best hostel I've been in the last months! Very nice team, very nice rooms and excellent location. A must go. Definitly worth the money.

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Portugal

excellent location. everything is great except I got some trouble with the locker.

Great location and atmosphere. I stayed in the deluxe dormitory and the kimono beds were just amazing. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

• 20th Nov 2014

Thank you very much for your review! We all hoping you to coming back here!! Grazie Mille!

Good clean pod style hostel in a good part of town in a great city. Had a blast, would go again.

Hostel was very good. ^^

Very impressed with the hostel -- everything is designed well and thought out. Great location right next to the Nishiki Market, and a very smooth experience. Even though I was staying in a huge room it felt very private and I slept great. Great common areas as well and a really positive, community vibe through out even though I was only there for a night.

great place to stay at kyoto, convenient location and helpful staff

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

I had lost my passport at Ginkaku temple ,Taka from Khaosarn staff helped me alot in communicating with both police station and Thai embassy in Osaka. I did not get my passport back till now, felt so grateful about yr.help, though. You guys were so informative and helpful during my stay, thanks! Tyson from Bkk

During my stay in your place, I feel like live in a big family not only a place to sleep. I can talk and share the traveling experience with people from other country, it is a happy and important moment in the trip.

• 10th Nov 2014